Football Manager 2016 16.1.0 Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A question was asked in the old thread about what manager I had created, I went with a maxed out one.

This would explain why you were offered the job... you already started with a massive reputation in the game, up there with the best.. why wouldn't they offer it you?

First game on the new patch, away at Atletico Madrid (I'm Athletic Club)...

Had a man sent off on a straight red at 23 minutes, they had a man sent off for a second bookable around 65 minutes. We scored two worldies and the match finished 3-3 after they equalised in injury time.

I'm not sure what just happened but it was spectacular viewing. Intrigued as to what the next match will bring :D

Aside from that, I've gone through about 10 game days and processing seems quicker and smoother, and my laptop wasn't running as hot during the match. If that was a genuine improvement and not just a one off/placebo that is a massive plus!!

Requests for first team football seem very demanding. At first I had two, from players who had legitimate concerns. I promised both a run in the first team.

A couple of weeks later I get another demand from a different player. This guy was a squad rotation player who had played 7 out of 11 games. I had left him out of the match day squad two weeks in a row. I thought I was maybe getting the demand as I had agreed to previous requests and players thought I was a pushover. So I declined it.

I had another two requests, again legitimate ones. I put them on the transfer list.

Now the really odd one. I get a request from my main striker. He's set as important first team player. He's played 9 out of 16. But he's also had an injury that kept him out for a few games. The other times he was unfit (mainly due to congested fixtures) so I gave my other striker a chance. I feel that I've played him every opportunity that I've had.

Does this sound as though it's working as intended? If so it seems harsh to me.

Edit: (The only other thing I can think of is that I made him available for the reserves due to an international break)

Changed captain immediately and had no complaints or moans, either no one liked the captain or SI have changed it so players would realise when a new manager comes in, he'll pick his own captain, well done on fixing the DM rating problem.

Will the start dates be changed for friday's release, starting on 1/7/15 gives you little time to play friendlies and find new players.

On the scouting screen where you can set what u want to scout for... I put part english then that way i can get soem english players and some non english and when i hit expired it gives me players on clubs with expiring conttracts. how do i set it so that i only can free transfer players without clubs

Did the ME get broken in 16.1?

Ronaldo got a red card in the Olympic final and a 5.9 score, that would be impossible in the real world?

Naymar red carded earlier with Brasil getting sent out in the group stage.

Weird results, many more red cards for the star older players.

Edit: Oops, was Rafinha.

27 year old Mexican had two apps and two red cards.

Sweden had two younger players carded off, Portugal Ronaldo and a younger player.

Think I found a spelling/grammar mistake.

Team Talk

Should say "I'm expecting to see "a" much better performance today".

ahh, the nuances of the English language

as you're talking to a group, a "I'm expecting to see a much better performance today" would be suffice, with you wanting a better performance from the group

under it's current setting, "I'm expecting to see much better performances today", it's wanting the individuals to perform better

This is not just 16.1.0 but it's still there.

When it looks like the goalkeeper can come out easily and intercept the ball, they won't do it. It looks very awkward.

If there are odd looking situations like that, please report it in the ME bugs section with the PKM. :thup:

Database version and Game version is two separate things. The database that came with the update is 16.0.1 (it was 16.0.0 on the first release of the beta) and the game has been updated to 16.1.0

Has the lineups display in pre-match and during matches been changed to also show mentality? To me it very much looks like it :thup:

Seems as if we are both using the light skin if that is making a difference?

You may be on to something. Could you switch to the other skin to see if it fixes the issue? And if you switch back to the light skin, are the flags still missing?

I have a feeling that the ME is somehow unbalanced a bit. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that counter attacking style is overpowered. Playing against much weaker teams, they can produce counter attacks that remind me of glory days of Ferguson's last CL winning team. And I'm talking about a team like Bologna :D

Every match for me is nail biting contest. Dominating, missing chances and instead of beeing 2 or 3 goals up, I get caught with perfect, unstoppable counter attacks..It's not that I think it's impossible for a team like Bologna to make a good counter but the quality and regularity and EFFICIENCY of this attacks seems a bit overpowerd to me.

BTW, I'm no noob. I can make a decent tactic, and I am not playing anything suicidal to say "OK, I'm too offensive"..no, I have a balanced tactic and way better players than a team like Bologna so it's quite frustrating.

I finished 2nd and 3rd in two seasons played, so it's not that I'm losing and not winning. I just feel the balance is off somehow regarding counter attacks.

Good to see the IWB issue hasnt been acknowledged.

Remind me, what is the IWB issue? We had one thread raised in the Bugs Forum where it was assumed that the Role would move laterally in front of the DCs as a screen when the team is is possession, but it was clarified that this is not the intended behaviour of the Role, and that instead it should just Cut Inside With Ball when the IWB himself has the ball and there is space to do so.

Remind me, what is the IWB issue? We had one thread raised in the Bugs Forum where it was assumed that the Role would move laterally in front of the DCs as a screen when the team is is possession, but it was clarified that this is not the intended behaviour of the Role, and that instead it should just Cut Inside With Ball when the IWB himself has the ball and there is space to do so.

Hi

Don't know what the previous discussion regarding the IWB was, but wouldn't you say that the role could/should involve the IWB cutting inside in advanced position also when not in possession? An extreme example maybe, but a bit like we saw David Alaba did against Dortmund a couple of weeks ago? At least I think it should be an option, especially when combined with a natural winger.

You may be on to something. Could you switch to the other skin to see if it fixes the issue? And if you switch back to the light skin, are the flags still missing?

Having the same "problem" (it's not really something that bothers me a lot) with the default dark skin. Cleared cache and reloaded skin, but flags won't come back

Hi

Don't know what the previous discussion regarding the IWB was, but wouldn't you say that the role could/should involve the IWB cutting inside in advanced position also when not in possession? An extreme example maybe, but a bit like we saw David Alaba did against Dortmund a couple of weeks ago? At least I think it should be an option, especially when combined with a natural winger.

An IWB should play the same as any other WB but will cut onto his stronger foot when he's further down the pitch to make crosses etc, play him with a natural winger and they compliment each other.

the official game is not out yet!

you'll be playing the RC1 of the beta, which will have a minor update (basically getting rid of the 'this is a beta' text) when the full game drops on Friday morning

Depends on where he bought the game from in the first place and if it even has the beta included tbh. If he's somehow managed to get a boxed version early for example he won't be playing anything before Friday.

This is not just 16.1.0 but it's still there.

When it looks like the goalkeeper can come out easily and intercept the ball, they won't do it. It looks very awkward.

This has bug has been here ever since FM15. Keepers never used to sweep the ball inside the box or tackle the ball either. I hope this gets addressed! :)

This has bug has been here ever since FM15. Keepers never used to sweep the ball inside the box or tackle the ball either. I hope this gets addressed! :)

Examples in the Bugs Forum please, especially where a Sweeper Keeper is used:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437124-Reporting-a-Match-Engine-Problem

• Administrators
Any news on when the calendar issue raised in the bugs forum will be fixed? Game breaker is too strong but when you have to exit the game each time it crashes it's rather annoying as you can't really get into a session.

Please provide the information as requested here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/440881-Alt-tabbing-out-crashes?p=10561742#post10561742

Thanks.

• Administrators
Can SI please address the in match widget for Player Stats? Every time there is an sub, injury, yellow card it pushes the row to be larger, shifting the size of the entire widget

I'd suggest raising this in the UI forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/509-User-Interface-Issues

Thanks.

• Administrators
when i start a new game the database is still 16.0.1

is it same for everybody or is it a bug?

If you remove the editor files from your folder and start a new game do you get this prompt? Likewise if you start the game when it suggests it's '16.0.1', is it updated (ie is David Wagner manager at Huddersfield for example)?

Archived