Football Manager 2016 16.1.0 Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That doesn't look like anything more than a defender thinking he can get to a ball then realising he can't, am I missing something?

Even if that was the case, his positioning after that was terrible and is a bug in itself. HE stopped and went back to where he came from rather than get into a position to defend the ball/player

Im trying to arrange a friendly cup. But it is asking me to arrange a 3rd fixture but it is only showing 2 highlighted dates on the calendar that the cup is due to be played on. Plus its showing a duplicate date on the 3rd day (see red arrow). Am i missing something?

2v80483.png

• SI Staff
Im trying to arrange a friendly cup. But it is asking me to arrange a 3rd fixture but it is only showing 2 highlighted dates on the calendar that the cup is due to be played on. Plus its showing a duplicate date on the 3rd day (see red arrow). Am i missing something?

As you are arranging a Cup there needs to be 4 clubs so that the competition can have Semi Finals on one day followed by the 3rd/4th Playoff and Final on the second day.

How far off are we from getting a release that works for new MacBook Pros and doesn't overheat and damage our machines on matchdays?

My thread has been archived in the bugs forum and this hasn't been addressed in 16.1.0. Now I'm worried that I can't play the game as normal come release day and that's unacceptable considering SI and FM16 officially supports MBPs.

Any mods can advise? Should I re-raise the bug for 16.1.0? At the moment it's far from playable without the risk of damaging my brand new MBP.

I was saving my game and while that was doing i hit the windows button to change the music i was playing in the backround on my computer i then pressed on FM again and i noticed that it still said saving game even though i could click on the buttons in the game itself. That never happened to me in previous versions.

players got ****** ratings now even if you win 5-0 half of players have like 6.7 - 6.8, brilliant..really swearing coz this beta was near perfect til i hit for the patch today, note for later always stay offline on steam and never be tempted

A few questions about the beta in general

1. I've just agreed my first bosman deal in Jan to be concluded in June. I wasn't offered the option to "buy now"

... Is that still a feature in the game?

2. The highlights package after each game seems to cut out after the first goal - has this been reported?

If so has this now been fixed so that comprehensive is just that rather than a single highlight.

3. Both Vidal and Turan both got injured in their first friendly game back once they could play again in Jan 2016. I set them to play for 45 mins only

I can appreciate that their match fitness was less than 60% but am I expected to play them for 15-30 mins to being with?

Cheers

1. I've just agreed my first bosman deal in Jan to be concluded in June. I wasn't offered the option to "buy now"

2. The highlights package after each game seems to cut out after the first goal - has this been reported?

If so has this now been fixed so that comprehensive is just that rather than a single highlight.

3. Both Vidal and Turan both got injured in their first friendly game back once they could play again in Jan 2016. I set them to play for 45 mins only

I can appreciate that their match fitness was less than 60% but am I expected to play them for 15-30 mins to being with?

Cheers

Is the player out on loan or anything?

Take a look at odd behaviour of yellow defender #5

qq18Lym.gif

Is it worth raising as bug?

Looks to me like a player whose slipped, or has been caught slightly off balance even if this can't be displayed graphically via the 2D, 3D match engine yet due to animations. May I ask the players balance?

I was saving my game and while that was doing i hit the windows button to change the music i was playing in the backround on my computer i then pressed on FM again and i noticed that it still said saving game even though i could click on the buttons in the game itself. That never happened to me in previous versions.

is this a bug? cause i did it again with the same result.

i offered a coach a first team coaching job for over 12k a week, he only accepts an U/18 coaching for 1.9k at another club. silly imo.

if you're offering 12k per week for a coach, then you're the silly one

I don't think even my super AssMan earns that much

edit: baiting aside, staff will often accept less money for a non first-team role (reserve/u18s), although I do find it a little strange that he rejected your offer in place of it, unless he has some affinity toward the club he did sign for

if you're offering 12k per week for a coach, then you're the silly one .... oh boy i do feel silly now that you mention it :rolleyes:

I don't think even my super AssMan earns that much

edit: baiting aside,staff will often accept less money for a non first-team role (reserve/u18s) ... yes i am aware

although I do find it a little strange that he rejected your offer in place of it, unless he has some affinity toward the club he did sign for ... and finally to the point of my actual question, it is strange and no he has no affinity with the club (but perhaps since he coached at my club before maybe he chose not to go back)?

Just had a few hours today and from what I can see the update has made the game very unstable had to reset my computer 4 times. 3 times because the Tab issue when tabbing out I can't get back in the game and Stops responding. I really am struggling with Injuries also a Part time team like Braintree town do not get 6+ injuries at the start of the season? And before anyone says about training I have it on low to test it. Still 5 injuries and there key players. I have the best medical in the league. Anyone else find this?

since the update i've found the full backs trying to be centre backs

centre backs just standing around and watching as the crosses come in and the player they are looking at walks past them to score

players run away from the ball

wingers who are supposed to dribble don't dribble

and i can't upload anything because the game crashed

I was wondering, because I have never played the game on a mac before. Should the fonts and the general graphics of the game look so poor on the mac? I am using a new macbook pro retina, 13", 16GB, 2.9ghz and the game just looks awful. Like the quality of championship manager 93. I have seen this mentioned in the bug forum and the response has been to select a different resolution and zoom in by 175-200% (This is essentially all that selecting the 'retina display' setting does). I have tried this but my macbook just can't handle the game when i do so. It is so unbelievably slow, clunky and unresponsive and the match engine is jerky as hell and the computer gets red hot and sounds like its about to explode. Has this been the same in previous versions? Should I report this again? I just feel a little ripped off that i spent money on the gas and that my machine more than exceeds the minimum spec yet I am not really able to play the game how I would like and expect.

Damn! I posted this in the wrong thread just before, I was meant to post it in here, so here it goes ...

Is it just me or do others now today keep refreshing this forum and Miles twitter page and also keep reloading steam in hope that FM16 is released? Under 24 hours to go!

Damn! I posted this in the wrong thread just before, I was meant to post it in here, so here it goes ...

Is it just me or do others now today keep refreshing this forum and Miles twitter page and also keep reloading steam in hope that FM16 is released? Under 24 hours to go!

won't be until midnight GMT, or possibly within an hour later (depending on how busy the steam servers are)

I'm hoping that they'll drop the editor a little early (I can hope, cause it won't happen) so people can get on with their editing ways

edit: because we're Australian as well, it's more cruel as we have to wait till 10/11am before playing

not that it's much of an issue, because we're wide awake and ready to play (rather than playing at 1 in the morning)

it is a little disappointing to wake up on release date and go "go to wait for 4-5 hours because time differences"

defending has gone a bit mental .

my CBs just watch the ball go over the top of them and let the on coming striker in. even though i have highly structured and stick to position my full back go wandering and leave space behind them

the biggest on though is my Fb's just stop running half way to chasing a through ball or a ball overhead and just let the opposition have it

defending has gone a bit mental .

my CBs just watch the ball go over the top of them and let the on coming striker in. even though i have highly structured and stick to position my full back go wandering and leave space behind them

the biggest on though is my Fb's just stop running half way to chasing a through ball or a ball overhead and just let the opposition have it

All that is what's happening to your team. If the same thing isn't happening to the AI teams, then it's tactical, if it is, then it's potentially buggy in which case you should report it.

By the way, in real life, if a defender knows he's been beaten for pace by an attacker, on many occasions he'll simply give up the chase. Happens quite regularly. Whether these instances are the game replicating this, or whether it's just poor coding is another issue.

Since the update, been finding that my centre backs keep going AWOL and just being horrendously out of position, conceding from crosses for pretty much every single goal. I know crossing leads to a lot of goals, but there seems to be too many on this FM. Other thing would be my players just giving up and not challenging for any loose balls or just letting the opposition run past them. My tactics probably aren't helping, but still very annoying to watch my player just stand and watch as the opposition just runs past them

Anybody else seeing a massive uptick in shocking defensive errors? Most goals I am seeing (scoring and conceding) are coming from just awful defending rather than attack movement. Whether it is a keeper slamming a clearance into a strikers face, a CB playing a perfect through ball to the opposition ST, it just seems like even top defenders have lost their minds a bit.

News item Barca stadium with it's around 100K capacity filled at a game against Sevilla, where around 1000 traveling fans is expected.

I think, I got 1000 fans at FC Twente too, like it's some hard coded number, instead of some calculation.

Spanish traveling fan numbers are very very low IRL

Sorry, I posted this earlier but no response so I'm gonna try again to see if someone know anything about it:

When I "Declare Interest" I only occasionally get the press conference news items where I can actually say that I am interested. Half the times nothing happens. Is this a bug?

Also when I have said I am very interested in the player and will do everything in my power to sign him I never get a response from the player like in FM15, is this intentional?

Awesome beta!!

I am not sure future fees in Loans are working? I have a couple of players I put a 0 future fee in and its come to the end of the season (they are still on loan with me) and I put an offer of 0 in but it was rejected?

what type of clubs accept a loan deal with a $0 future fee?

and it does sound like some king of bug if it is, let's see their contract page to have a look see

Crosses to the far post are straight up deadly. And I'll put that on horrifying defending. Something is definitely wrong with defending in this ME. Too much illogical positioning and movement from defenders. Full backs coming narrow to close down player with the ball when there is no need for that and leaving wingers acres of space. It needs fixing please.

what type of clubs accept a loan deal with a $0 future fee?

and it does sound like some king of bug if it is, let's see their contract page to have a look see

Human clubs ;-) but I am no longer managing the other club as I got tired of running multiple clubs so quit to concentrate on the main team. The player hadn't been good enough for the other team but a great player for my main team

Contract page shows a future fee of 0

The 16.0.1 ME seemed to be decent, but needed a little work. The 16.1 is baffling in how badly the AI of the human controlled players are. Even when put on a bog standard formation with little in the way of instruction, they seem to dribble aimlessly until tackled. Pass backwards when players are obviously open in front of them, and wander out of position when you inevitably lose possession. That and the opposition keep often has a stormer. I'm hating 16.1.

The 16.0.1 ME seemed to be decent, but needed a little work. The 16.1 is baffling in how badly the AI of the human controlled players are. Even when put on a bog standard formation with little in the way of instruction, they seem to dribble aimlessly until tackled. Pass backwards when players are obviously open in front of them, and wander out of position when you inevitably lose possession. That and the opposition keep often has a stormer. I'm hating 16.1.

Two main points. The obvious first, the ME doesn't have different AI for human or computer, it doesn't even know which is which. Second point, if you inevitably lose possession and never do anything, how can the opposition keeper have a stormer. For their keeper to have a stormer, you must actually be creating lots of good chances.

I was wondering, because I have never played the game on a mac before. Should the fonts and the general graphics of the game look so poor on the mac? I am using a new macbook pro retina, 13", 16GB, 2.9ghz and the game just looks awful. Like the quality of championship manager 93. I have seen this mentioned in the bug forum and the response has been to select a different resolution and zoom in by 175-200% (This is essentially all that selecting the 'retina display' setting does). I have tried this but my macbook just can't handle the game when i do so. It is so unbelievably slow, clunky and unresponsive and the match engine is jerky as hell and the computer gets red hot and sounds like its about to explode. Has this been the same in previous versions? Should I report this again? I just feel a little ripped off that i spent money on the gas and that my machine more than exceeds the minimum spec yet I am not really able to play the game how I would like and expect.

Report it to the Mac bugs forum. Looks like a lot of us with brand new MacBook Pros are in the same boat.

I read something in one of the feedback threads about 3D not being available for someone, and only 2D. Yesterday when I booted up, I had the same, despite having played in 3D since release. Any idea why? Nothing has changed - literally, as since I use hibernate the game hasn't technically been closed since I opened it for the first time. Thought it might be resources given that these can vary while the game is running, but everything looked fairly normal in terms of use.

I read something in one of the feedback threads about 3D not being available for someone, and only 2D. Yesterday when I booted up, I had the same, despite having played in 3D since release. Any idea why? Nothing has changed - literally, as since I use hibernate the game hasn't technically been closed since I opened it for the first time. Thought it might be resources given that these can vary while the game is running, but everything looked fairly normal in terms of use.

Thank you foreameuss, can you report this in the Match Engine bugs forum please? http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

Very odd selection issue here. Man City have opted to play Fernandinho upfront rather than Bony who is on the bench and fully fit (both fitness and match fitness)

Hello Robert, can you report that here please, we'd need a save from before that match took place if possible: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

Cheers

Hello Fritz, on points 2 and 3, can you report them here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

Archived