Football Manager 2021 - New Headline Features

21 hours ago, bobbyb12345 said:

The animation for "Direct  Counter Attack" looks brilliant then you see it in the ME and it's just defenders blasting the ball 40 yards up field to nobody in particular.

That 40 yard hoof is the only through ball down the middle I've seen in Fm20

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kingking said:

In particular, Icons are very efficient way to compress complex information and communicate complex ideas efficiently for example GREEN = GOOD, YELLOW = OK, RED = BAD.

As long as the colours are configurable. Otherwise a red-green colourblind player won't have a clue what's going on. 

40 minutes ago, DementedHammer said:

Out of interest, what part don't you think works well?

In my opinion, it’s ugly to look at having numbers say “14-20”. As I said in a previous post, the further away it looks from a spreadsheet then the better.

It’s also not hard to figure out once you have scouted enough of the player.

14 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Why would Covid prevent changes to the match engine?

From what some have said they won’t have been able to work on the game like normal, working from home. Whether this is correct only SI can tell us but Covid must have had an affect. 

Just now, Wizard boy said:

From what some have said they won’t have been able to work on the game like normal, working from home. Whether this is correct only SI can tell us but Covid must have had an affect. 

Yeah sure but they've been able to change a lot of other things as we've seen from the announcements. I fail to see why they could change the UI, scouting meetings or create role animations but not make changes to the match engine.

From their first feature blogs:

https://www.footballmanager.com/features/matchday

Note – we’re not talking, today, about the changes to the match AI. Of course, there are lots of improvements there, but we’ll show some of those off with videos before release.

Edited by rafaelbenitez

Has there been anything on the tactics section? Specifically pressing triggers?

In real life so many team press situationally, off bad touches, when the ball is in a certain position. Would be cool to see in game and build on the tactics section even further from the in possession, transition & without ball segments.

And will end today's thread with something for those who like to add & remove leagues. You can make divisions in a nation you have playable "view only", not just the entire nation. Eg - you can have a top division "playable" & the lower divisions "view only" #FM21features #speed

Now thats something that has my interest. I like to load as many leagues as possible and for some of them I load just the top league, this will add depth having the lower leagues as view only. 

14 minutes ago, AndyEs said:

Has there been anything on the tactics section? Specifically pressing triggers?

In real life so many team press situationally, off bad touches, when the ball is in a certain position. Would be cool to see in game and build on the tactics section even further from the in possession, transition & without ball segments.

I don't think you'll be seeing anything that advanced.

20 minutes ago, saihtam said:

Can mods please make topic of big and small features that have been shared via twitter and Instagram? Dont understand what threshold you are waiting

SI (Neil) has mentioned a few times that there will be a round-up of features in a separate thread.

Anyone else a bit concerned with the lack of team colours on display with the new skin?

Most screenshots so far show Watford, but there is virtually no yellow (team colours) in the titlebar and every screen looks too similar.

Just my view, but I like the team colour of the team I'm managing or club I'm viewing to be quite prominent on the screen, like all other FM/CM editions have done.

Wont the new Xg feature expose the big bug with the conversion rates in FM 20?

as many people have stated, does it seem like the AI only need 1-3 shots on target to score, where as "we" need 5-10 shot to score.

arent SI afraid that this will be so clear with XG, so they cant just ignore peoples posts about it anymore?

2 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

On the other hand. It will show that the 3 AI shots they had (and the one that they scored from) are probably much better quality than the 28 shots the human team managed.

I will give you that one, but even if that happened, my total xg would still be much greater than the opponent.

And if you have played the game you would definitely have seen a lot of matches where the ai had one free kick/set pieces or long shot, where they scored, and the human controlled team just keep on missing sitters

14 minutes ago, Hallothere said:

I will give you that one, but even if that happened, my total xg would still be much greater than the opponent.

And if you have played the game you would definitely have seen a lot of matches where the ai had one free kick/set pieces or long shot, where they scored, and the human controlled team just keep on missing sitters

On the first point, the total is not what matters. It’s better to have 1 shot with an 80% chance of success than 10 shots with a 10% chance of success. Yes, the team with 10 shots has a higher xG, but not a higher probability of scoring.

On your second point, yep, I’ve definitely seen that. I’ve also played games where I’ve been battered and still won 1-0 - I’ve “FM’d FM” as it’s known.

I’m not saying the game is perfect, far from it. But I think it’s genuinely unlikely they’d be doing it if it was going to expose massive flaws.

2 minutes ago, FedAt said:

wonder is this view settings or role of particular player doesn't matter anymore and role will be just a set of instructions

Interesting point, I'm guessing it matters else everyone will be running the goalkeeper up front experiment :D 

42 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Yes, the team with 10 shots has a higher xG, but not a higher probability of scoring.

If it's 10 shots at 80% chance though... :P

I just came off a game which was like that and it was super annoying. Hit the woodwork five times, had three one on ones hit right at the keeper, and a superb free-kick that was brilliantly saved.

Now, I won that match, (which is why I'm not whining :P) but I bet the xG for that was something nonsensical like 8 xG. And I dread to see the reaction of people when they get a 0-1 result from that, if it happens on a consistent basis haha. :(

14 minutes ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

If it's 10 shots at 80% chance though... :P

I just came off a game which was like that and it was super annoying. Hit the woodwork five times, had three one on ones hit right at the keeper, and a superb free-kick that was brilliantly saved.

Now, I won that match, (which is why I'm not whining :P) but I bet the xG for that was something nonsensical like 8 xG. And I dread to see the reaction of people when they get a 0-1 result from that, if it happens on a consistent basis haha. :(

Oh yeah. No doubt it will happen, but I was just pointing out that it’s not biased either way against the human player because I’ve been on both sides of it.

And woodwork, Jesus, that’s a lot of woodwork hits at the moment.

Hopefully all this comes together for an improved ME

Edited by gunner86

1 hour ago, gunner86 said:

On the other hand. It will show that the 3 AI shots they had (and the one that they scored from) are probably much better quality than the 28 shots the human team managed.

That just means the ME is rigged to give the AI better chances! :brock:

People will always complain, before it was "muh CCCs", now it'll be "I had better xG but lost!!" or "My xG was so high but I never scored!".

It'll all come down to ME. I thought 20 was the best game ever in terms of being immersive with everything else. The ME just meant there was no enjoyment when actually playing the games. I've been playing since the Amiga days and 20 was the first time I finished playing by March when si didn't change anything after the final patch. 

2 hours ago, ferrarinseb said:

No info on ME as of yet. Possibly in the next week we might get some info.

Thanks. Hopefully we will. I would say I cant believe they are leaving the announcements so late and close to the Beta dropping, but they do this every year. It's almost like they dont want people to know what is different each year 

15 minutes ago, davehanson said:

Thanks. Hopefully we will. I would say I cant believe they are leaving the announcements so late and close to the Beta dropping, but they do this every year. It's almost like they dont want people to know what is different each year 

Or they are still working on it and release the beta as soon as it is stable enough. 

Cup half empty or half full :)

2 minutes ago, Wizard boy said:

Looking more likely to be from Monday for a month which is gonna be bad for those going to pick their PS5. 

That soon?! Crikey, we've only just gone into tier 2 from this morning here, that sucks enough 

25 minutes ago, tyro said:

Or they are still working on it and release the beta as soon as it is stable enough. 

Cup half empty or half full :)

I'm not on about the Beta release. They will know now what is in the game and what isn't. They will know what has improved in the ME.

Considering this week had no mayor features announced dont see beta happening next week.

18 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

SI (Neil) has mentioned a few times that there will be a round-up of features in a separate thread.

He mentioed that they need to hit some specific goal or amount. Yes the thread will pop up, but dont understand why cant have it now and add while they are poping up.
Or they will wait for FM21 sub threats and create it under there.

Edited by saihtam