Football Manager 2020 - Out 19th November 2019

1 hour ago, Mr_Demus said:

FM players: well, an improved match engine would be nice...

Nobody:

Absolutely nobody:

SI Games: SOCIAL MEDIA!!11! AND YOU PLAYERS CAN BE NON-BINARY!!

Which is an assumption. We don't know anything yet. Details will come soon.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Which is an assumption. We don't know anything yet. Details will come soon.

Also they work on the match engine every year so that's the one thing people probably shouldn't be facetious about 

We haven't had the headlines yet, it was literally just a release video done differently, though judging by the reactions on here, it's also feeling right on the nose :D

6 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Also they work on the match engine every year so that's the one thing people probably shouldn't be facetious about 

We haven't had the headlines yet, it was literally just a release video done differently, though judging by the reactions on here, it's also feeling right on the nose :D

Maybe they should stop working on the match engine as it's getting worse every year . FM17 was pretty good , well balanced and exciting but this year's is bad and very boring . 

8 hours ago, prot651 said:

Maybe they should stop working on the match engine as it's getting worse every year . FM17 was pretty good , well balanced and exciting but this year's is bad and very boring . 

"Don't think I'll bother with strikers, errr, for some reason...."

52 minutes ago, Relik said:

before you ask for money can we have a look what we buy ?

Keep in mind that it's not compulsory to pre-order yet.  :D

You have every right to wait to hear about features, if you want. First news should be out this week. :thup:

11 ore fa, prot651 ha scritto:

Every edition has its own idiosyncrasies and annoying quirks and bugs.

fm17 had low crosses on the far post, 18 had the 3 strikers,19 has lethargic strikers and overachieving wingers.

Crossing hit or miss patch after patch for years... Defending has been erratic and prone to the same inexplicable lapses in concentration.

No ME was perfect. And it's gonna be hard to have a balanced one without a total rewrite also of other modules

12 hours ago, RBKalle said:

Every edition has its own idiosyncrasies and annoying quirks and bugs.

fm17 had low crosses on the far post, 18 had the 3 strikers,19 has lethargic strikers and overachieving wingers.

Crossing hit or miss patch after patch for years... Defending has been erratic and prone to the same inexplicable lapses in concentration.

No ME was perfect. And it's gonna be hard to have a balanced one without a total rewrite also of other modules

I play FM17 and the crosses are fine

It'll be interesting to see how the ME handles the new law that allows players to be inside the box for a goal kick, and all of the possible reactions to that tactic from the CPU when the human player uses it, and visa-versa; imagine testing that  :)

I've had a few ideas of what we can expect with that announcement-of-the-announcement video, a buffed-up social media module looks to be on the cards; perhaps that social media will now have a bigger impact on how long you keep your job? And perhaps players getting into bother with it (doubtful due to the legalities)? Or maybe they'll tie-in with Skysports and have real life personalities on there (e.g. Carra+Nev)?

Edited by rich10

23 minutes ago, Defensive said:

Off-topic, but FM 17 was the worst in the history of FM. Issues all over the place. Its funny how people forget.

Its an opinion but FM19 in my opinion has the worse ME . FM17 was basically an upgrade from FM16 . I would like to forget FM19 and move on because for me it didn't hit the mark . Your right though people do forget 

1 hour ago, endtime said:

From the thumbnail it looks like Miles is thinking "what's this guy on about? "

I've watched video... he's trying to place his accent.

"It's somewhere between Spanish and London... but it's not French"

26 minutes ago, StefanG said:

Fix the youth intake system. Its all based on luck...

I have every facility at State of the Art. Have the best youth coaching and the best Head of youth development and still my intake are very poor

Fix this please!

Guess what? It's based at least in part on luck in real life too. Even the best academies in the world do not produce a player capable of playing in their first team every year. Once every two years is very, very good. And they might not be immidiately apparent - do you actually try to develop the players, or do you just see that the assistant doesn't think they're amazing at age 16 and give up on them?

2 hours ago, StefanG said:

Fix the youth intake system. Its all based on luck...

I have every facility at State of the Art. Have the best youth coaching and the best Head of youth development and still my intake are very poor

Fix this please!

Maybe they are very poor compared to your senior squad players?

Edited by Sheriff7

1 hour ago, PhilT said:

FM20 info release & my release have something in common........they're both getting close. I'm wearing a long blonde wig & red satin see-through negligee in anticipation. 

Oh. Look who’s back. Must be that time of year again

4 minutes ago, Bothan Spy said:

Yes! An announcement 5 weeks before the beta! Oh... no plastic packaging. What next introducing brexit and gay people into a football management game!...oh I see.

Next publicity and milking off public feeling rather than sorting out the match engine, vegan female players! 

It was made clear that it was going to be a non-feature. :thup:

The first feature related news will be toward the end of the week.

13 hours ago, redders1977 said:

Couldn't be less interested in social media, if that's the major development this year

Sooner see more improvements to the match engine and the stadiums. Would be great to play at a stadium that has a vague resemblance to the real one

Not so much the real one as a real one

15 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It was made clear that it was going to be a non-feature. :thup:

The first feature related news will be toward the end of the week.

This really. Whether people agree with the timetable is one thing, but it was clearly set so it's quite silly that people are getting outraged that SI are following the timetable they set. 

42 minutes ago, Bothan Spy said:

Yes! An announcement 5 weeks before the beta! Oh... no plastic packaging. What next introducing brexit and gay people into a football management game!...oh I see.

Next publicity and milking off public feeling rather than sorting out the match engine, vegan female players! 

Hiya Adrian Durham, Hiya pal!

I praise the effort, for SI, being ecology minded about its product.

Since I exclusive buy digital games (Steam and PS Store), doesn't really effect me.

Now that we have that out of the way, lets have some in game and editor announcements of FM20 and FMT20.

Will the Switch version have the same support as other platforms this year? For FM18, SI didn't even bother patching the game fully. I understand the sales are probably the lowest on Switch, but why then even release it in the first place, if you won't support it.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Zoolok42 said:

Will the Switch version have the same support as other platforms this year? For FM18, SI didn't even bother patching the game fully. I understand the sales are probably the lowest on Switch, but why then even release it in the first place, if you won't support it.

FM18 Switch was released in April so had a completely different life-cycle to the other games which were released in November. Like FM19 Touch on the Switch, the game is due for release in the same month and will be supported as much as all the other titles, which means updates when required and a Winter transfer update. 

3 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

FM18 Switch was released in April so had a completely different life-cycle to the other games which were released in November. Like FM19 Touch on the Switch, the game is due for release in the same month and will be supported as much as all the other titles, which means updates when required and a Winter transfer update. 

Ah, great, thanks. Looking forward to throwing more money at SI this year, as well :D

Edited by Zoolok42

17 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Maybe they are very poor compared to your senior squad players?

You still should see the potential

I play with Ajax. All is State of the Art and staff is toplevel. Best player i got in the last 3 season has a PA of 128... 

Things I can see from the screenshots:

• Looks like there is a change to the squad statuses! Something I've hoped for a while now!
  • Reputation is in an actual number
  • Inverted winger is a role for AML/AMR now. (Checked FM19 and I can only see it for ML/MR)
  • Changes to the left menu bar