Football Manager 2020 - Out 19th November 2019

10 hours ago, CAGSEN said:

$45 isn't expensive for pre-order?

I'm Turkish and I have to think the exchange rate. I hope the price would be decrease.

Maybe yes, maybe not. It's not clear yet, what FM2020 will be like. Maybe a tweaked version of FM19.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d be happy if it’s a minor upgrade on fm19 sort the minor bugs out and a few tweaks to the match engine like player movement and the No10 role looking at the trailer looks like possible improvements to social media not a fan but would welcome players stating they want a new challenge or doing stuff they shouldn’t bit like pogba at Man U trying to engineer a move another possible feature an improvement to youth which I would welcome (with build for the future) either way il be buying as usual as an fm addict 

So here's my prediction ahead of the unveiling in September / October:

- Complete overhaul of youth development.

- Scouting and rating major tweaks.

- Completely new system of interactions, mainly board interactions, interactions with other clubs, and league politics!

If this is true, it would work out wonders for me, as my planned save for FM2020 is to take two bottom league clubs from 2 different nations and manage them in the same save, collaborating with each other in some way.

Prediction might be all wrong, but let's see if I get my genie wish :D

ME will probably be better. I would just love it if it ran well without driving my MacBook to hyper-ventilation :lol:

7 minutes ago, jenvaskes said:

- Complete overhaul of youth development.

- Scouting and rating major tweaks.

- Completely new system of interactions, mainly board interactions, interactions with other clubs, and league politics!

If this is true, it would work out wonders for me, as my planned save for FM2020 is to take two bottom league clubs from 2 different nations and manage them in the same save, collaborating with each other in some way.

Prediction might be all wrong, but let's see if I get my genie wish :D

ME will probably be better. I would just love it if it ran well without driving my MacBook to hyper-ventilation :lol:

Also, if anyone from the SI team is reading this, would love to be in on the closed Beta.

MLS should be a really good save in FM20. Two new expansion teams in 2020, Two more in 2021. SI has allowed the expansion teams to be added in the past so hopefully it's the same this time around.

Speaking of expansion; The A-League also has two new teams (one in 2019/20, one in 2020/21) but not sure if the 2020/21 side will be added or not.

On 27/08/2019 at 19:16, Cadoni said:

No pre-order until new features or improved ones. I don't want to buy 19.3.6 Football Manager. Very bad adv and marketing. Let's see what FM20 will bring.

Agreed. Let’s be honest, based on the approach that FM have taken for years and years now, it’ll be countless more animations, tons of match engine ‘improvements’ and 2 leagues from azbekistan, followed by ‘we can’t give you all the features now’. No, because we’d all be disappointed. hoping to be proved wrong but seems complacency has set in a long time ago. They’ll buy it whatever 🤔

- brand new 500+ animations

- new hairstyles for manager

- some minor league licence

- 50 new questions for manager interviews

- and lots of other stuff announced as a great improvements but having not that much importance in the game

:)

Personally I like the idea of social media possibly playing a bigger part in the game. I'm hoping they also introduce pundits and their influence in modern football - something I suggested on the feature request forum a while back. For example they can create or destroy narratives about you, your squad, the club as a whole, a club's fan base, or what's going on at board level. They could start the ball rolling when it comes to pressure, or try and help ease the pressure on you depending on your relationship with them.

Why not bring TV and radio interviews with pundits you like (or don't like) into the equation? It could make things more interesting in my opinion.

Other than that, a lot of what I'd like to see is more editor-based - i.e. the stadium, sponsors for default kits (maybe clubs could even have randomly-generated kits every season), or more flexibility for continental rules in the pre-game editor.

Improve the (social) media Is not a bad idea. 

If you think about It, now there is so Little about the football world in game. 

At start you are fooled about it, cause It Is all in your head (eg. You know about Messi and Cristiano be the best in that last 10+ years), but soon you realize FM failed to create that world in the game's years.

Edited by FlorianAlbert9

4 hours ago, phd_angel said:

"Football manager is a realistic simulation, so we don't care about developing 3D graphics". Next step: improve social media. What?!...

If its a realistic simulation then the 3D graphics are important . Might not be for you nut it is for many

Edited by prot651

5 hours ago, phd_angel said:

"Football manager is a realistic simulation, so we don't care about developing 3D graphics". Next step: improve social media. What?!...

Social media is a part of the modern footballer and managers life these days... it's a perfectly valid feature to add to the game...

How many times do you find footballers and managers getting into trouble for what they've said on twitter and the like? there have been sackings and fines given out multiple times a season because of social media...

The 3d graphics.. which are being improved each year, adds nothing to the realism of the simulation, and although important for end users, it shouldn't be the priority.. and certainly not when the data suggests that the majority of your userbase wouldn't have the pc capability to use the graphical improvements anyway.

If match engine is as some says not the priority for FM then I loose my last hope 😥 You wanna telling me that some social affairs are as important as what you see on the pitch??? 

Yeah it doesn't matter that ME sometimes barley reflects your tactics settings, it's important what is going on on Instagram...

14 minuti fa, armbi ha scritto:

If match engine is as some says not the priority for FM then I loose my last hope 😥 You wanna telling me that some social affairs are as important as what you see on the pitch??? 

Yeah it doesn't matter that ME sometimes barley reflects your tactics settings, it's important what is going on on Instagram...

3d graphics and match engine are not the same thing

10 minutes ago, FlorianAlbert9 said:

But it's also part of ME. Solid ME is the heart of FM as the most time we spend on preparing for the match and then watch the fruits od our work.

1 hora atrás, armbi disse:

But it's also part of ME. Solid ME is the heart of FM as the most time we spend on preparing for the match and then watch the fruits od our work.

You're wrong, it's social media, yep, social media the game all the way and it won't matter what your team does, unfortunately some people are so fanboys that they can really defend that a game that has been needing a new ME for 3 years now, needs more social media, for some here you wouldn't even be alowed to play the game without proof that you have facebook, twitter and instagram, that would make this the best game ever, ME, daahhhh, who cares for ME or that most newgen Strikers in the game from 2030 on have 15 on heading and 5 on jumping, they barely can jump but do it in style, youth revamp, hell no,  instagram the game so that your team can post great photos off all the goals they score with theirs realistic 3-5-2 from fm18 that won championships with midle table teams, because 3-5-2 is the best social media tactic...LOL

It's called hyperbole, and i kow it's hot headed and exagerated, BUT FOR GODS SAKE, A TRAILER ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA, I WOULD RATHER SEE EVERY MAN UTD GAME FROM LAST SEASON THAT THIS TRAILER, it would hurt less.

13 minutes ago, nasd55 said:

You're wrong, it's social media, yep, social media the game all the way and it won't matter what your team does, unfortunately some people are so fanboys that they can really defend that a game that has been needing a new ME for 3 years now, needs more social media, for some here you wouldn't even be alowed to play the game without proof that you have facebook, twitter and instagram, that would make this the best game ever, ME, daahhhh, who cares for ME or that most newgen Strikers in the game from 2030 on have 15 on heading and 5 on jumping, they barely can jump but do it in style, youth revamp, hell no,  instagram the game so that your team can post great photos off all the goals they score with theirs realistic 3-5-2 from fm18 that won championships with midle table teams, because 3-5-2 is the best social media tactic...LOL

It's called hyperbole, and i kow it's hot headed and exagerated, BUT FOR GODS SAKE, A TRAILER ABOUT SOCIAL MEDIA, I WOULD RATHER SEE EVERY MAN UTD GAME FROM LAST SEASON THAT THIS TRAILER, it would hurt less.

Please do not refer to people as fan boys. People want different things, and posts like yours do not add to the discussion, they just get others backs up. Keep the discussion polite. thanks

38 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Please do not refer to people as fan boys. People want different things, and posts like yours do not add to the discussion, they just get others backs up. Keep the discussion polite

I don't really care about what some insta boy dreams of 😊 I play FM every version since CM 03/04 and through all these years I know what is the most important in this game, for me of course.

FM is managing simulator, that means the most important part should be to buy players, to train players, and watch on the line if they fulfill your tactics orders. 

Meanwhile I got a feeling there are FM fans that care about whole staff but not the ME.

Just imagine Jurgen Klopp, who says he prefer to follow Instagram during a match, he gave tactics orders and let it happen itself on a pitch it's not that important as what supporters put on insta 😆

(Sorry for my english)

Edited by armbi

23 hours ago, mintchip said:

followed by ‘we can’t give you all the features now’.

That's ok from SI, since we are living in the age of capitalism; but let's be honest. We are not asking to replace 10 million of codes. We are need some basic improvements and common problems with the game. If SI can't understand this, then there is a problem. If there is understanding and do nothing, will you have complaints.

As my mentor said to me: Do your homework.

8 hours ago, armbi said:

I don't really care about what some insta boy dreams of 😊 I play FM every version since CM 03/04 and through all these years I know what is the most important in this game, for me of course.

FM is managing simulator, that means the most important part should be to buy players, to train players, and watch on the line if they fulfill your tactics orders. 

Meanwhile I got a feeling there are FM fans that care about whole staff but not the ME.

Just imagine Jurgen Klopp, who says he prefer to follow Instagram during a match, he gave tactics orders and let it happen itself on a pitch it's not that important as what supporters put on insta 😆

(Sorry for my english)

The manager's job could be to handle situations relating to players interacting on social media though. The manager has to pull a player into their office and deal with an issue via the game's conversation system. It's another ingredient that could build or destroy relationships within the game, and increase/lower pressure on the manager depending on their handling of the situation and their man-management.

Of course it's common sense to also want a better match engine/graphics and improved tactical options etc but it's also fair to say that the majority of the game is probably spent outside of the match engine. Why not improve that side of it every year as well?

Edited by Carlito85

16 часов назад, Carlito85 сказал:

The manager has to pull a player into their office and deal with an issue via the game's conversation system

I find this dialogue system very arcade. All RL business conversations are long processes with few stages, search for alternatives, attempts to find a compromise, etc. But in FM you need to choose 'correct' answer and its mean a promise or fail. In second way (fail) player doesn't want to discuss any thing, you can't even to comment his training LOL :D Even if player has 'professional' character he behaves like an infantile child if he didn’t get what he wanted.

So IMO conversation system and also press confes and relations between manager/players,manager/managers and players/players need to improve (or fully new system) ASAP

Edited by Novem9

6 hours ago, Novem9 said:

I find this dialogue system very arcade. All RL business conversations are long processes with few stages, search for alternatives, attempts to find a compromise, etc. But in FM you need to choose 'correct' answer and its mean a promise or fail. In second way (fail) player doesn't want to discuss any thing, you can't even to comment his training LOL :D Even if player has 'professional' character he behaves like an infantile child if he didn’t get what he wanted.

So IMO conversation system and also press confes and relations between manager/players,manager/managers and players/players need to improve (or fully new system) ASAP

I totally agree with that, which is why the conversation system should be revamped along with the social media aspect if they want it to work properly.

My point was simply that on paper the social media aspect belongs in the game in this day and age. Fan/pundit/journo pressure is a big part of modern football, as is professionals within the game interacting on there. Clubs even go at it with each other on there now from time to time. Speaking of which, hiring social media staff could also be a welcome addition.

7 hours ago, Bothan Spy said:

2 months to release date and still no word on features or screenshots...

Very strange. Most game producers would have said something by now. All we know is the game is called FM20 and it's coming in November. 

I probably could have predicted that 10 years ago! 

They have the time to do this because there's no realistic competitor to FM.

Have you seen how Pro Evolution Soccer and FIFA rush to showcase their features?

1 минуту назад, saiyaman сказал:

FIFA rush to showcase their features?

Honestly no :) FIFA is shameless conveyor IMO and all their preview just a shame of brand exploitation , last game I enjoyed was FIFA11 and I stopped to buy this product in 2016 I guess. But I checked last versions and no see any reasons to waste my time for this. I dont like modern PES too.

I want more active and early info from SI, but I no see a link between worthless competition between PES and FIFA and SI preview politics in context of no competitors. No guarantees that they would make a fuss in this way and FM auditory more mature to choose a quality, no just beatiful wrap

8 hours ago, Bothan Spy said:

2 months to release date and still no word on features or screenshots...

I will never understand that policy. They haven't any serious rival, they haven't serious upgrades to present so it has to be unknown to the very end.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, porthillshrew said:

Just pre-purchased FM20 and had this message???? Is a bit confusing

image.thumb.png.1446d20f54cf4769e120d7ec7462a623.png

Hi, can you explain this to our SEGA support team at Help@sega.co.uk, please? Thanks.

On 02/09/2019 at 22:42, armbi said:

- and lots of other stuff announced as a great improvements but having not that much importance in the game

New questions for manager interviews is very important to me because I almost never miss press conference. :onmehead:

I am hoping that either more fixes are save game compatible or that in game rules/coding is thoroughly checked to avoid the following issues that I experienced in FM2019 and similar issues that other players have no doubt encountered:

1) 24 players on international duty for Super Cup game and no option to postpone

2) 17 players being on international duty for a Premier League game.

Having duly reported these issues SI eventually advised that the Super Cup issue was fixed in update 19.3.

It was great to hear that it was fixed but there was the "usual" catch - ONLY if you start a new game. I focus on one long career save each year and have invested over 450 hours game time on my current save. Starting a new game and binning time invested so far is not really a suitable option for players like me to obtain the benefits of fixes to issues like this.

Please can SI explore ways of making more fixes compatible with existing saved games; or ensure coding/rules are in place to stop them occurring  - such issues are very frustrating. I would happily forego some of the "new features" in the next game release if the time saved on developing and implementing these was invested on making more fixes save game compatible. Hopefully SI will take this onboard.....(no feedback when I have raised this previously....fingers crossed...)

Edited by mhaffy

@mhaffy  You have now mentioned this issue in multiple threads since June when I suggested that you ask in the Features Request thread.  I assume that you did as requested  If so, the request will have been logged so perhaps it is time to move on as your disappointment will have been noted by now.

On 02/09/2019 at 23:42, armbi said:

And you can barly see 10. 

Edited by GOODNAME

On 03/09/2019 at 08:25, FlorianAlbert9 said:

Unfortunately the 3D shows up the ME in a bad light as the graphics make any flaw in the ME look even worse. Players inability to stop and turn properly, the inability to cross a ball without hitting the player in front of them, the inability to beat a keeper 1 on 1 instead just running at him then blasting at the keeper from 2 yards away. 

Edited by jc1

22 hours ago, jc1 said:

Unfortunately the 3D shows up the ME in a bad light as the graphics make any flaw in the ME look even worse. Players inability to stop and turn properly, the inability to cross a ball without hitting the player in front of them, the inability to beat a keeper 1 on 1 instead just running at him then blasting at the keeper from 2 yards away. 

Exactly!!! Who says about FIFA graphics - it's light years for FM. We would like to see good animations not that freaks JC1 mentioned above.