Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

14 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

Exactly my fear.  AI opponents seem to play under the old tactical settings. There is no serieus pressing,  no counter attacking etc. AI getting results against my teams is mostly through corners or throw ins or an incidental attack over the wing.

Where is the gegenpress for AI or VTT or even better fluid counter attack against our gegenpress?

The ME is very one dimensional. It represents our tactics quite well but there is not a real plan against it. All human managers will be extremely successful managing good teams.

But yeah most human players just want to win right? ;)

Maybe the majority of people playing are playing with good teams, and thats why a lot are saying its too easy. I started with Hibernian in Scotland, first couple of games went ok untilI reached the last qualifying round of the Euro Cup. Vitesse smashed me 4-0 at home, then I lost to Rangers 3-0 and same score against Aberdeen....been challenging in my experiences :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

Either I’m super good on fm19 which I was really poor at on fm18 or is Vertical tika taka over powered as seems I always win! 

This won the German cup and the second division first season with HSV and now top of the league after 9 games Bundesliga so stopped using it. 

7 hours ago, Sw1 said:

4 PL games in with Cardiff and my record is P4 W2 D1 L1. The defeat 1-0 at home to Chelsea. Playing exactly same tactic as the one used at United. Maybe I am a tactical genius... Will play until December or so and see how it plays out.

Although finding it a tad easy I have to say I'm loving this release! Addicted like the old days and its only beta! 

its not so easy in my save, Liverpool 11 games 11 wins 0 conceded lol. My one defeat was away to them 1-0. Only 18 goals in 11 for them, but really solid. Only 2 corners too... where someone else showed them scoring 24 in the season. 

520218127_2018-10-22(3).thumb.png.9de903378f3e439a796eff576c95bdb7.png

6 minutes ago, Midfield Triangle said:

This won the German cup and the second division first season with HSV and now top of the league after 9 games Bundesliga so stopped using it. 

You lose the fun of the game as it always wins really needs to be fine tuned so it’s not always winning and to easy 

1 hour ago, Mensell76 said:

Exactly my fear.  AI opponents seem to play under the old tactical settings. There is no serieus pressing,  no counter attacking etc. AI getting results against my teams is mostly through corners or throw ins or an incidental attack over the wing.

I've been suspecting that on FM far more attempts come about by set piece play than from open play in general. In real football or instance, even when teams drop points despite having a big amount of shots -- a majority of those shots can still be from open play. Whenever the big sides on FM dropped points in such matches, this never happened before. Purely going by anecdote, SI Twitch, and player experiences by now, it doesn't surprise me that there's less frustration going around.

Basically, if FM in generally has seen more shots form set pieces vs open play.
Basically, too, if FM sees a generally higher conversion of such set pieces (and the reports link to such).

There will be far less frustration in general --- unless for that tiny minority of players who (like AI) try to park that proverbial bus semi-regularly. ;) They will concede addes set pieces by definition -- and, apparently on FM 19 in tendency always crack at some point. It's something that as SI I'd keep a keen eye on in general. Also as of balancing their defenses (and shots). A high amount of shots doesn't necessaryil mean that the defending would be "weak" in teh game's context in general. There's two kinds of defending during any one match: Defending of open play, actually team moves. And then the defending of such set pieces... Plus, how do set pieces come about? Moves from open play being defended over and over (the defending team always getting a foot into things, to either deflect, foul or clear). Some of this should be tactical, naturally. If you tactically don't know how to roughly stretch a parked bus..... you may run into added set pieces or be reliant on invidual skill moves (briliant shots, dribbles) of hopefully superior players in general.

edit: As of AI goals being mostly set piece based -- in particular on older releases, defensive AI tends to have most of its chances from purely set piece play, as they don't push enough players forward in possession to really unsettle anyone. If you'd start with a top side (or tun into such, eventually), that's all the shots you tended to concede. Either from a counter attack, an error, or such a set piece (which would be the only time AI pushed up men forward in numbers). And eventually -- all goals you tend to concede. :D And yeah, AI has been traditionally been a bit rigid for that. Hopefully those "presets" may help them out a bit. The generally dynamicism has always been so far though: "Once underdog -- generally defensive/cautious/drop off kinda tactics".

Edited by Svenc

21 minutes ago, Midfield Triangle said:

These are the kind of things that kill the fun. I can understand winning with 3 strikers tactics or whatever ME exploits tactics are there is cheating but it shouldn't be this easy with preset or standard tactics for the lower reputation teams.

If people are finding it too easy, surely the remedy is to manage a smaller team, or start at a bigger club with a Sunday League rep etc. Find the challenge, it does exist. People are always going to be 'good' at these kind of games, and it's about how you challenge yourself rather than the developers making the game harder, as there's probably a bigger percentage who find the game hard enough as it is. 

For me, I like being rubbish at it, as it constantly makes it a challenge. :D

14 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

For me, I like being rubbish at it, as it constantly makes it a challenge. :D

Haha!! Same as! I'm not finding this easy at all. I'm even finding "easy mode" ie managing huge teams a challenge 

I'm still just playing around with a few beta saves trying things out but I hope this is the year I have a good long term save & actually achieve something 

57 minutes ago, oblongata21 said:

Maybe the majority of people playing are playing with good teams, and thats why a lot are saying its too easy. I started with Hibernian in Scotland, first couple of games went ok untilI reached the last qualifying round of the Euro Cup. Vitesse smashed me 4-0 at home, then I lost to Rangers 3-0 and same score against Aberdeen....been challenging in my experiences 

I am not specifically stating the game is too easy because I do lose matches. I am stating that I do not see AI teams play differentiating styles of football and I do not really see them use aggressive gegenpress against my team. 

I would really like to know how the attributes of AI managers influence the tactics we see them use and I would hope SI ,  with such a big overhaul of the tactical representation in the ME, would finetune the manager attributes of at least 20 of the most distinctive managers themselves before November 2nd. Instead of having the researchers do this work.

Is this possible SI? I want to see Guardiola's teams play great dynamic quick passing football with lots of passing depth and through balls. Etc.

1 hour ago, hursty2 said:

It's definitely not been too easy for me. My defence has been shocking for me, most games I've been getting at least 55% possession but concede whenever the other teams has it. 😁

Last game away at Guisely, 59% possession, 22 shots, 3 CCC, 4 HC to their 9, 0 and 2. Score?

3-0 loss :)

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, bradjsmith said:

loaning to affiliates i have loaned a player out after recalling him from another loan as wasnt playing but says he cant play for more than 2 clubs ? he only played for the club he was loaned at so not sure whats happened there

This sounds like a bug and should be reported in the below thread. If you can provide a save game from before the player returned from loan then that would also be very helpful. 

https://community.sigames.com/forum/640-transfers-contracts-and-scouting/

• SI Staff
13 hours ago, xray1324 said:

image.thumb.png.a7226a21ffb36a2c7c76be3809482dbe.png

Why is this a thing in Match Plans? I thought Team Fluidity was set by the tactic now not the player

This shouldn't be possible, can you let us know how you're getting this?

24 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

I'm loving these goals, makes me think the added curve isn't just animation it's actually changing some of the possible passing lanes … I really don't recall many long diagonal through balls on FM18

Video quality not great. 

I wish I'd saved, but I had a swerving 35 yard pass from Pogba into Martial's feet which he then slammed into the top corner. Absolutely lovely. And impossible to get in FM18 

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I wish I'd saved, but I had a swerving 35 yard pass from Pogba into Martial's feet which he then slammed into the top corner. Absolutely lovely. And impossible to get in FM18 

Im using a flat 442 very low line with high tempo and direct passing... Majority of my goals are lovely long curling passes. Thats with rashford as poacher, wait till i sign icardi next summer :D hopefully sanchezs wages dont put potential buyers off, need to ship him out... Ahsley young is better and has a season or two left in him just whipping them in from the halfway line

I'm not playing the beta yet, as waiting for the real thing, but would be interested to know if AI is better at keeping their players for for matches than on FM18?

On FM18, I would regularly plan to be a bit more cautious in an away/hard game but then I'd see all my players at 99% and the AI with lots of players in early 90s and one or two with 75-85% and I'd think, attacking it is then.

Something I'm not understanding here, but scouting other team's formations. Whenever I look at Liverpool's tactics or look at the post match reports, I see 4-1-2-3 when I scout them the scout says they play 4-2-1-3

I've tried this on different saves using different scouts & it's the same each time. Anything I'm missing here?

Feedback so far:

Overall: Enjoying the game, love the aesthetic and the freshness.

• Injuries, this seems to be on the rise, I constantly have between 6-10 first team players injured. It's borderline frustrating
  • Training: Find it very confusing on FM2019 and on FMT19 it seems like a cosmetic upgrade from the year before. I prefer FMT18 training to the new one.
  • Newgens: The player faces are my least favourite of the whole series. This needs to be a priority SI, seriously their absolutely terrible; sorry to whoever made them for coming across as an ass, it's just how I feel.
  • Player Ratings seems off: Only me winbacks are above 7.30 AV and we are romping the league. I have a 42 goals in 45 matches Alfredo Morelos averaging 7.04........

Anyways, I really appreciate the hard work put into this. Keep it up!

22 minutes ago, warlock said:

Yes, we see this every year. Wait for full release and the forum threads, "My super tactic has stopped working!?"

Fingers crossed. I just want a realistic experience (as claimed!), not easy or hard.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, dannysheard said:

I'm not playing the beta yet, as waiting for the real thing, but would be interested to know if AI is better at keeping their players for for matches than on FM18?

On FM18, I would regularly plan to be a bit more cautious in an away/hard game but then I'd see all my players at 99% and the AI with lots of players in early 90s and one or two with 75-85% and I'd think, attacking it is then.

There is nothing wrong with playing players at below 90% condition.

2 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

I'm loving these goals, makes me think the added curve isn't just animation it's actually changing some of the possible passing lanes … I really don't recall many long diagonal through balls on FM18

Video quality not great. 

This is great. Is the striker playing the poacher role, or advanced forward or something else?

Does he have 'Likes to beat offside trap' PPM? It seems like he's hanging close to the offside line, and in the new ME the players can now pick them out much better than in previous versions.

6 minutes ago, bradjsmith said:

are player ratings correct? i got a report from my scouts on one of my players on loan and they said he played badly with a rating of 6.5. he had a 95 % pass completion. ran further than anyone else.

and had a better tackling % than the defenders! 

Might have made a lot of mistakes tough. Might have missed a penalty, or lost out on a key tackle/pass which led to a goal, all of these things can affect player ratings. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

23 minutes ago, 2feet said:

This is great. Is the striker playing the poacher role, or advanced forward or something else?

Does he have 'Likes to beat offside trap' PPM? It seems like he's hanging close to the offside line, and in the new ME the players can now pick them out much better than in previous versions.

Yeh poacher... Rotating between rashford and martial. The deeper line is key for two reasons... Win the ball deep so there is space for direct passes... And also space behind the defence for the run to be made. 

Poacher will naturally hover on the shoulder... Not sure what ppm rashford has. 

Edited by westy8chimp

Imho so far the FM19 is quite an improvement over FM16 to FM18 (when i reentered the series after playing FM13).

The 3d match looks far improved:

- far less Players phasing through each others solid Body (not all gone but at an acceptable amount)

- animations really smooth and only a far and few breaks in the animations that look artificial/interrupted, less Slow Motion or Fast Forward movement/Animation/gameplay - it mostly looks natural.

- more Goal and Passing Variety and also curled balls now curve through the air.

- less dumb things (albeit not totally gone) like stopping a Ball on the sideline for the other Team which would have lost Possession otherwise and creating self endagering situations for no reason.

- Scouting etc is ok so far.

- i delegate stuff like training to my staff and overlook it to make corrections here and there but i am not the One Man Show (like IRL there is no Top Team a One Man Show anymore - not even in the 3rd Leagues).

- tactics are trial and error like in real Football but in a sensible and responsible way so far and i am happy my approach is still working with little adjustments (my Goal is never to exploit the ME but have something Football i would like to play and win).

- the new Coach screen is a little bit behind a click wall like some other screens - but you dont need to go there often so it does not matter though a little more UI streamlining would be nice like when you have the Player right click menu and have to expand 3 more Windows to set them Ready for U19 Matches or not while they are in your 1st Team.

- My Goalkeeper (my Number One) is again and as allways a Guy named Müller - there must be a hidden value to them… :D

Negative is that my Trikot Design from FM16+FM17 that looked exactly as i wanted them to look in the 3d Match now since FM18 are partly broken bcs the designs have bugged/swapped Colours/Colourchannels and Designs that do not apply to 3d Matches.

Keep up the good work! :)

Edited by Etebaer

30 minutes ago, dannysheard said:

It's not the end of the world, agreed, but surely if one team has an average fitness of 10% more than another, that has to be a significant advantage?

I've begun to think perhaps most of us players are just too finicky about player conditions - I imagine I'm in the majority of having a cut-off somewhere between 90-95% where below it I wouldn't start someone, which makes it almost impossible to do like real life and start a player Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday like plenty of players do so in real life, for example Messi (maybe not now under Valverde who seems to rotate a lot, but certainly under Pep). Messi probably wouldn't be at the real-life equivalent of 90% by that third game, but he's so good you don't notice. 

1 hour ago, Seb Wassell said:

There is nothing wrong with playing players at below 90% condition.

then why does the game tell you there jaded and need of a rest, conditions are just way off in this versions, most likly a knock on effect from the new training model.

am just going back to fm18, yeah we are in beta but i dont see how alot of this stuff makes it past in house testing, do yous even play ur own game?

Edited by iAlwaysWin

1 hour ago, dannysheard said:

It's not the end of the world, agreed, but surely if one team has an average fitness of 10% more than another, that has to be a significant advantage?

Nope. I've been saying for a year that as I play with amateur/part-time teams with youth who often have stamina under 5, cup games going into extra time often leave me with players under 50% condition and they still put the penalties away. They should be on their knees and make endless howlers, but they don't.

Loving the FM19 Beta till now.

However there is one bug I have encountered which was in FM18 and seems to have carried over. Posted in the bugs forum but no reply. 

No matter, where the assist is generated from, the central area below the penalty box will stay 0. 

This happens to AI teams as well. 

I'm using Macbook Pro Early 2015. I tried this last year on a friend's macbook but had the same issue. 

Can someone using a Mac confirm that they do not have this issue because I think it might affect most Macs.

Find screenshot below. Thanks for your help!

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 2.09.27 PM.png

20 minutes ago, cris182 said:

Am i going mad or can you no longer 'undo' a substitution at half time? You have to drag the player back off the bench to undo it. Didn't there used to be an undo button at half time like there is the rest of the half?

Agreed - #maketheundobuttongreatagain

Just ended the first season with Ajax, won the league with 4 games left to go. 

My thoughts so far, this game is definitely a huge improvement with the "minor" nice additions which add up perfectly for FM19. Noticed some bugs but it has been all pointed out by other people. I definitely wouldn't miss the match injury each game :D 

The game is easily a huge improvement and worth the price. Can't wait for the official release and tweak my tactic which would likely be rendered obsolete. 

Great work to everyone involved making FM19 and to the moderators who have been helping so much on the forum. Keep it up you guys :thup:

23 minutes ago, private pyle said:

I currently have my chief scout arranging scouting however I have noticed he does not scout the next opposition,

Is there a way to keep him in charge of scouting but make sure he scouts our next opponents?

Make your self in charge of scouting select him to scout next opposition the and put him back in charge.

And pls SI-Guys,

talk with the DFB if they can give you the Licensing-Rights for 3.Liga and lower so you can at least implement the 3rd of the Professional Leagues in Germany in the right way...

...there are so many great Clubs in it like 1.FC Kaiserslautern aka Red Devils (4x German Champion and 2x Cup Winner), Eintracht Braunschweig (1x German Champion + tricked the DFB to have a Trikotsponsor without legal repercussions in 1973 when it was forbidden), 1860 München aka Munich Lions (once the bigger club in Munich), Karlsruher SC (Eurofighters and Players like Oliver Kahn and Mehmet Scholl started their Career here).

The 3.Liga is full of Club Tradition and Football Romantic!

Make it happen!

;)

Edited by Etebaer

Question on match day camera. I have stuck with Director for extended and behind goal for replay camera. Anyone using a different method. i tried a few but i cannot zoom in as much as I want on Data Analyst or TV.

Just a question no complaints, rather enjoying this iteration. I even think i understand the tactics and stuff this year. Love the training revamp.

Edited by Kazza

2 hours ago, Boomer Ang said:

I scouted a player 3-4 times and always had 86.

once I bought it I had to wait for him to come, being November.

while waiting, I scouted him again, 73 this time.

why ???  Am I the dumb of the village ?

I just noticed similar with a goalkeeper coach (jani paananen) had in 19s in staff search hired him few weeks later checked my coaching and only 2 stars, so checked it out and now he only has 13s, can't fire him because he's just signed fortunately board request allowed another coach but for now I have wasted a valuable coaching spot.

Should I report this a as bug?

9 minutes ago, Kazza said:

Question on match day camera. I have stuck with Director for extended and behind goal for replay camera. Anyone using a different method. i tried a few but i cannot zoom in as much as I want on Data Analyst or TV.

Just a question no complaints, rather enjoying this iteration. I even think i understand the tactics and stuff this year. Love the training revamp.

Sideline cam to watch match (in match sliders 1st all to left, 2nd all to right. Replay TV cam.

18 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

I cant play.. and i have low intensity on the training and after matches i always use recovery.. in every match one ore two player getting injured its frustrating 

8808836.jpg

You are lucky, my situation is far far far far far far worse.

I wonder why the devs and alpha testers ignored this show stopper huge bug.

of course I quit playing until at least someone recognize the horror

I have now just broken my keyboard but I quit and deleted fm from my mind so the mouse is safe

see you within few weeks, enough

Edited by Boomer Ang