Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, DP said:

I would be impressed with this but the clear cut chances created - considering the opposition - seems very low. It may be tiki-taka but it doesn't look like a particularly effective version. Were the players just passing around to each other in the centre circle?

:D

1 hour ago, DP said:

I would be impressed with this but the clear cut chances created - considering the opposition - seems very low. It may be tiki-taka but it doesn't look like a particularly effective version. Were the players just passing around to each other in the centre circle?

Mentality: Balanced, Attacking width: Balanced, HB, RPM and CM(A) in the center, 2 FBs (automatic), 2 IFs (support) and a false 9.  Majority of passing was among 3 CMs and 2 FBs. CBs and F9 hardly involved.

I'm just trying out my own custom tactical styles at the moment to compare with the preset tactical styles.

Got to say I've not been noticing this injury thing others have mentioned, nothing above what would happen IRL, a few knocks here and there but nothing major yet.  Certainly not been seeing the "used all 3 subs by half time" I saw some post earlier.  Probably had to sub an injured player once every 5 or 6 matches, and no long term injuries as of yet.   Not too unrealistic imo

Sometimes during a game the widget to make subs or change tactics is greyed out.

I had an injury in the 53rd minute where the player had to go off, I made the change and then the widget was greyed out for the rest of the game. 

Edited by craigcwwe

17 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Sometimes during a game the widget to make subs or change tactics is greyed out.

I had an injury in the 53rd minute where the player had to go off, I made the change and then the widget was greyed out for the rest of the game. 

Yeah it’s some sort of a bug, you should report it in the bugs sections if you haven’t already. If you look at my posts history, I have posted a similar issue with my subs, you can try posting there.

I also had the tactics widgets greyed out during a long highlight, which was frustrating. It later turned out that one of my players - who had seemingly been carrying a light injury - had to come off. I substituted him, and then the widgets became active again.

50 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Anyone finding the game takes an age to launch? Once in, the game actually performs really well. I seem to remember a version a couple of years ago that also took time to initially launch.

Just tested this again, took 34 minutes to launch the game from the dock, and/or from Steam, on a MacBook Pro. Last year it loaded fine.

Anyone from SI confirm if this is something they are already generally aware of or if it's a unique situation?

Edited by stevemc

5 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

I didnt finish the other half of the third game, not because of (what would have been justified) rage quit... But because of a crash. 

The injuries and instability are the only problems i have

G'damn … another 2 crashes this morning. And several more instances of subs screen screwing up as well as tactics etc being greyed out during a match. 

@Seb Wassell RE subs/tactic bar issues don't produce a log file so does it help to receive screen shots at all or is this already sufficiently logged and under review? Also lost the timebar a couple of times come to think of it. 

I'll submit the crash logs now as a bug. 

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, stevemc said:

Just tested this again, took 34 minutes to launch the game from the dock, and/or from Steam, on a MacBook Pro. Last year it loaded fine.

Anyone from SI confirm if this is something they are already generally aware of or if it's a unique situation?

Best logging it in the mac technical issues, but I've not heard of this before.

Liking the new training and tactic updates with one exception.

Opposition instructions have massively regressed IMO.

being able to set default closing down, tackling and show on to foot for every single position in the game (20+) rather than the 11 made it far quicker.

now you have to select the player as the attribute hover option as well as the right hand bar showing this info are both missing.

hoping these are bugs rather than a design change .....

4 hours ago, craiigman said:

however you seem to suggest you're happy with the game so wondering what your thinking is.

Well that's not my only save, as I do mess around with things on the stream to make a point. I have  been playing with very narrow systems in fact I've found more success with narrow systems that can run at defences and still deliver crosses.  I am gonna try different things on another stream later in a few hrs

3 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

Well that's not my only save, as I do mess around with things on the stream to make a point. I have  been playing with very narrow systems in fact I've found more success with narrow systems that can run at defences and still deliver crosses.  I am gonna try different things on another stream later in a few hrs

What's the link to your Stream channel please Rashidi?

player interactions. players almost always react in a negative way. half way through a season becker only joined in the aug and he wants a new contract. you say at the end of the season we will sortg it out and then he wants to leave. happens with every player you say this to. creates a major problem in the game as ruins moral and then you get the usual whole squad going against you and thats the season over 

49 minutes ago, stevemc said:

If you've got a large graphics pack and no SSD it will take a while

25 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

But it's still working, mainly due to crosses coming in, that's what I'm saying. Without wingers or wingbacks putting in crosses, there is no real chances being created.

Not had any crashes or anything like that myself however occasionally the mouse will stutter for want of a better word across the screen, and sometimes during matches in 3D it will lag for like a mili second during some animations. Not sure if it's my laptop or not but I did have this issue at a sever level on 18.  Also I went to add Norway's second division after having the premier league already loaded and the approx player count went from 48,000 to 60,000 after just loading the one division, not sure if this is an issue or not but 12,000 players from division being added seems a lot. 

Other than that I am genuinely really enjoying the game this year after not liking 18 at all. Also liking the purple a lot it has grown on me.

Only played around a bit so far but a few things good and bad stand out for me

Tactics and training. Whilst it looks daunting and I've had a tendency to leave to my ass man in previous versions, I do think it has certainly been improved. I definitely rate how the new tactics screen looks and feels. Nice work.

Press conferences. Once again, even after countless times people all saying the same it appears these havnt changed and a lot of people just leave to the ass man to do. How the are right now, for me personally it's a pointless and irritating feature of the game.

Youth football. I know for legality reasons you can't include real youth players under 15 is it? But for years I'd hoped that fm would have more youth age groups, even if filled with regens and left too the community to edit. For a game that prides itself on realism I can't believe we still only have under 18s as the lowest age group. Such a shame, how satisfying would it be to bring through a kid from say the under 13s to the first team. I wouldn't expect every age group but under 13 or 14 onwards perhaps?

Academies. Or lack of. Was really hoping we would have had more detail when it comes to academies seeing how important they are. Would love the option to start an academy in game. Was it joy lma manager that had that option once?

Database. Once again you can't fault the fm game in regards to this. The amount of players and teams available is amazing and with the editor for creating leagues and opening up lower leagues, it's fantastic as per.

Overall I'm looking forward to trying out a new save. Just disappointed with the above issues mentioned but that's just personally preference to what I would like to see.

Didn't want to mention it in the bug forum, as nobody has time to read a stream of 'Not technically a bug' but transfers are ****ing mental in this one so far.

The standard Kane to United for far less than Spurs would ever accept, now has Hazard to Liverpool (Both teams in the CL, neither won anything season prior) for £65m with potential add ons to £91m..,.fee hardly the issue mind. Salah to Madrid for £103m seems sensible in comparison but it does feel like the game still doesn't know how to deal with the biggest transfers.

I am quite disappointed with FM19, to the point of maybe dropping it all.

The new Training system is a monstrous micro-management whole I'm not willing to invest days to learn, again. Not to mention the new Tactics. The purple also looks like a quite arbitrary addition. Not to mention a couple of crashes.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend the new game to anyone new or old to the game.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb phd_angel:

I am quite disappointed with FM19, to the point of maybe dropping it all.

The new Training system is a monstrous micro-management whole I'm not willing to invest days to learn, again. Not to mention the new Tactics. The purple also looks like a quite arbitrary addition. Not to mention a couple of crashes.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend the new game to anyone new or old to the game.

Did you report the crashes in the bugs forum?

image.png.6976699d1b6cef7f08ce0c517bff36f4.png

This somehow went down as an o.g. Did mean to save the match but was right after half time and I forgot. I've yet to hit continue on news screen after match, will wait a bit and if I can still upload it as a bug can someone let me know how got this screenie from highlights but can't find a save option in the highlight, if you can help please be quick as I want to continue.

Regarding injuries I'm not seeing anything unrealistic bit far fetched occassionally but not bad. 2 games before this one was 3rd in preseason and had 3 wingers injured 2 very minor niggles and one for couple of weeks, why, simple, players not yet fit so more susceptible, ok with me, and I always think of injuries as squad management anyway, like excellent I can get so n so a game or two before he starts moaning.

Am loving my second game so far still preseason, built my own 4231 formations(3 of, all the same but little diffs). Watching each game and watching my players learn and get better and more familiar as we go from match to match I hope it continues when season starts.

1 hour ago, Fritz13 said:

now you have to select the player as the attribute hover option as well as the right hand bar showing this info are both missing.

I raised this over the weekend - Why has the hover icon been removed from the OI screen? Now you have to click on every single player, and what's worse, when you click 'back' it takes you all the way out to the teamtalk screen. Utter madness.

13 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Inside forwards seem to prefer running wide and crossing to coming inside to shoot.  Attacking wingbacks will often get a step on their marker and turn back towards the corner flag rather than towards the penalty area. 

Weird I seem to be experiencing the opposite.

I am managing AS Roma, and both Under and El Shaarawy are consistently cutting inside, even when set up as wingers :) Their preferred foot needs to be opposite to the side you are playing them on.

44 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

I raised this over the weekend - Why has the hover icon been removed from the OI screen? Now you have to click on every single player, and what's worse, when you click 'back' it takes you all the way out to the teamtalk screen. Utter madness.

It was like that in FM18 to start with as well before they fixed it. Bizarre it's reverted back. 

58 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

The new Training system is a monstrous micro-management

You do realise you can delegate it all to your assistant manager? I've not touched training at all so far. I like what they've done with it, but that aspect of the game has never been of interest to me. 

22 hours ago, IMT said:

How are you finding managing Liverpool? Are you fidning it ridiculously easy? So far I have won 100% of games, thrashing teams in the process, the only signing I have made is Timo Werner.  Admittedly I am only 7 Premier League games in, and 1 Champions League, but this includes pre-season when I had virtually no first team players back from the World Cup so played the kids in most games.

Also Man City are awful, played 6 won 1 lost 5 (including at home to me), is anyone else seeing this with them? 

I appreciate it's too early in my game to say whether both teams are just are good/bad form, so was wondering other peoples experiences with Liverpool or City who might be a lot further in than me?

I created a formation that seemed to fit Liverpool. I am top, but only by 2 points. I hammer teams at home mind. I sold Llalana for 45m and origi for 16m and bought Saul from Atletico for 56m.

Hes incredible

But yeah, liverpool seem to be amazing

Well is it just me or this time they did a really good job? :applause:

I don't know maybe it's because it's been a while since the last time I played (3-4 months) but I'M TOTALLY BACK AT IT.

Managing PSV at the moment and I'm really into this.

Glad to see your point of view on that.

4 hours ago, Mr Hough said:

would it be possible to have this changed to a toggle so you can turn it on if you want it and turn it off if you don't

At the minute it's automatically on and when you turn it off you cant turn it back on until you go to another player and it automatically turns itself back on again

bit.thumb.jpg.d92adf90055768645b37f46954db66db.jpg

You can turn it off from the other Profile Screen;

attributehighlight.thumb.jpg.609b680d8026fa443f5d8c92830945f4.jpg

If you use that screen the game should remember the status.

Problem with penalties:

I have noticed a few times now in my save that when a player misses a penalty and it rebounds, he stays routed to the spot while the rest of the opposition and his team race to the ball. Even when the ball more or less lands at their feet before anyone else gets there, they do nothing until usually a defender gets there to clear it. Seems very unrealistic and frustrating (depending if it's my team taking or defending the penalty :) )

Just now, mblackham said:

Problem with penalties:

I have noticed a few times now in my save that when a player misses a penalty and it rebounds, he stays routed to the spot while the rest of the opposition and his team race to the ball. Even when the ball more or less lands at their feet before anyone else gets there, they do nothing until usually a defender gets there to clear it. Seems very unrealistic and frustrating (depending if it's my team taking or defending the penalty :) )

I just had a hilarious one, that contradicts this my play shoots from spot keeper saves, my player chases rebound gets bought down and scores 2nd pen. Don't forget if it comes back off woodwork pen taker can't touch it next.

4 minutes ago, mblackham said:

Problem with penalties:

If the ball hits the post or the bar he is not allowed to touch it.

Edited by XaW