Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

Am I the only one who thinks fitness depletes too fast this game?

By the end of the match, most of the players who have played 90 mins are in the low 60's-50's in fitness. Even those with 100% match sharpness (I like to rotate a lot for this reason).

It's not awfully bad, but I wonder if anyone else agrees that it goes down too fast?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure about too fast but I did notice that fitness was definitely a problem for me the last season I played. I did have a lot of matches, but like you said there were a lot of games where most of my players were around 60 fitness at the end of the game

Depends on how you assume fitness should work. We're used to players only going down to low 70's condition by the end of games only because that's how it used to be in older games. It could have been intentionally changed so that player tiredness would have more of an effect on matches. I'm not seeing an increased amount of injuries from low condition and more importantly, players recover much faster between matches. I tend to think it's by design.

By the end of the match, most of the players who have played 90 mins are in the low 60's-50's in fitness. Even those with 100% match sharpness (I like to rotate a lot for this reason).

It's not awfully bad, but I wonder if anyone else agrees that it goes down too fast?

I have to give my players 2-3 days rest from training after matches alot, even the fittest dudes with 20 Natural Fitness/Stamina aren't spared from this crazy fatigue.

I struggled getting custom graphics to work as well

What eventually worked for me was untick Use Skin Cache, then clicked the Clear Cache button below it. I then loaded one of the other default skins.

I then went back into preferences and put the tick back into Use Skin Cache and went back to my original skin.

I couldn't find any option to reload the current skin that was in previous FMs.

no idea how, but I tried deleting then re pasting the graphics folder and that's worked! so happy I got it fixed at last!

I have to give my players 2-3 days rest from training after matches alot, even the fittest dudes with 20 Natural Fitness/Stamina aren't spared from this crazy fatigue.

I only give them the standard one day rest and they're back to over 90% within three days... And none of them have anywhere near 20 fitness/stamina.

Is it possible, for the first time ever, that the beta match engine could roll straight over to full release without any changes?

I think the balance is excellent as it is and it would be a shame if a few well intentioned tweaks took it a step backwards at release.

If it ain't broke etc, etc .........

Anyone else seeing their keeper wearing a fetching pair of leggings in lieu of the usual shorts?

Yes, just got into October first season and DeGea suddenly started doing this. "Fetching" isn't the word you were looking for!

Hey guys,

In the player profile can you consider replacing the 3rd role with a dropbox of the other available roles for that position?

8407a64e17.png

I believe the only other way to see the other roles is through the information part of the profile. I feel the current setup is less user friendly than in 15.

Thanks!

By the end of the match, most of the players who have played 90 mins are in the low 60's-50's in fitness. Even those with 100% match sharpness

I noted this in the Man Utd thread down in the Good Teams forum, but wasn't sure if it's a "feature" or I just haven't gone far enough in the season for things to settle down. I have noticed that, unlike FM15 where the Ass Man would highlight players who got down under 70%, in FM16 the Ass Man has never suggested that a player on 60% is "looking exhausted" so maybe it is deliberate.

For those posters who think their fitness is going down too quickly, are you checking the opposition too, to see if your team is dropping more than is normal?

I'm finding fitness dropping quicker in game, but it's happening for AI teams too so I'm not concerned.

What would worry me is the ability of AI teams to manage fitness late in the season. It was certainly something I came across in FM 15, I would regularly face off against title rivals who were putting out an entire team of tired players. Hopefully fitness recovering quicker between games to balance it out.

In my own mind, it's about right, a 90 minute football match takes a lot of out a player who is expected to stay at peak performance, I certainly wouldn't expect a player to be able to play a match the same week at a 100%, or even 90-80% ... they need to rest.. and for me, when a player ends a 90 minute match where they are paid to give their all with 70% or more fitness, I get annoyed they haven't tried hard enough :)

Hey guys,

In the player profile can you consider replacing the 3rd role with a dropbox of the other available roles for that position?

8407a64e17.png

I believe the only other way to see the other roles is through the information part of the profile. I feel the current setup is less user friendly than in 15.

Thanks!

Agree with this!

Yes

I posted about this a couple of days ago, didn't get 1 response.

Its defo depleting quicker than other versions of the game.

Would like to know if intentional or an oversight.

Is it possible, for the first time ever, that the beta match engine could roll straight over to full release without any changes?

I think the balance is excellent as it is and it would be a shame if a few well intentioned tweaks took it a step backwards at release.

If it ain't broke etc, etc .........

This is a concern for me as well.

I agree

Also players coming back from Internationals are quite often very tired and are only able to get into the high 80's low 90's by next matchday.

Low 90's? if anything, it's a little high! How often do we see managers not wanting players to go off on International duty? Or rested because they've just come back?

• SI Staff
Hey guys,

8407a64e17.png

Thanks!

Hi hutsea, having more roles visible on this screen is something we're looking into at the moment. Cheers!

Haven't played since FM12, so I don't know if this is a new feature or from previous versions, but are we now unable to set individual training workload? Or am I overlooking something? Seems like I can only control training position, focus, preferred move, and the team's overall intensity level.

• SI Staff
Haven't played since FM12, so I don't know if this is a new feature or from previous versions, but are we now unable to set individual training workload? Or am I overlooking something? Seems like I can only control training position, focus, preferred move, and the team's overall intensity level.

Hey steeler,

You are no longer able to set this manually. However the individual's training workload will update based on how much you give them to do, eg. Additional Focus, PPMs, etc.

This can be seen at the bottom of the player specific right-hand panel on the [Training] > Individual screen. It is titled "Workload".

Cheers,

Seb.

Quick question and I think I am being silly.

Where can I find the media prediction for where the club finishes in the league? I can't see it on the club screen.

Club->General

or

PL->Overview->Season preview

Hey steeler,

You are no longer able to set this manually. However the individual's training workload will update based on how much you give them to do, eg. Additional Focus, PPMs, etc.

This can be seen at the bottom of the player specific right-hand panel on the [Training] > Individual screen. It is titled "Workload".

Cheers,

Seb.

Thanks Seb!

• SI Staff
This is my first time playing EPL. where can I find if the player can get work permit before I'll buy him or anything that relating to this?

Scouting the player in question should reveal this information once knowledge reaches 100%.

Cheers,

Seb.

Why did the game become so much worse after this mini update called 16.02? Slow and crashes. I am not looking for a solution to these issues because I see they are given elsewhere but I am wondering why SIgames release a patch that makes the game function so much worse..?

• Administrators
Why did the game become so much worse after this mini update called 16.02? Slow and crashes. I am not looking for a solution to these issues because I see they are given elsewhere but I am wondering why SIgames release a patch that makes the game function so much worse..?

It's an issue we're aware of and will be addressing soon. Thanks.

It's an issue we're aware of and will be addressing soon. Thanks.

Ah, just posted in another thread about the slow response and processing times. This is something you are aware of then? I take it you don't want or need a save game or anything else uploaded.

For the record I am on Windows 10 and never had any issue's until the patch 16.02 went on yesterday then it has just been really slow.

Anybody getting large pauses when clicking on player names? For me, it's sometimes taking around 15+ seconds to load a player's profile. It only seems to happen for the first player that I click on after the game has recently been processing (e.g. going from one day to another).

It's pretty annoying and the issue doesn't seem to happen when I'm playing FM Touch.

Really enjoying the beta so far, far more than I enjoyed fm 15 at any point. Only thing is, is anyone else getting a lot of injuries? I've played 95% of my season with only 15 players as I've always had 8 or 9 injured at a time, and normally for a couple of moths aswell

I don't think I've ever had more than three players injured at any one time so far, but then going back over the last few FM's, I've rarely ever been seriously troubled by injuries.

Really enjoying the beta so far, far more than I enjoyed fm 15 at any point. Only thing is, is anyone else getting a lot of injuries? I've played 95% of my season with only 15 players as I've always had 8 or 9 injured at a time, and normally for a couple of moths aswell

Are you sure that you had 8-9 injured players for 95% of the season? Unless you are doing very heavy fitness training every single week or playing high pressing and tackling game with the most fragile players the world has ever seen, this is probably a bug then. Create a thread in the bug section, if this is the case, so SI can take a look at it and see whats the reason behind this.

For your question: No, I haven't had much problems with injuries. On average 1 or 2 players out from 23.

So, what do you know I finally dowloaded El Capitan this afternoon for my MacBook Pro 2014 13', and FM15 is essentially worthless now (read all about it, I'm over it)

If you mean FM 15 can't be played on El Capitan I must disagree because I've played it without any issues.

Hi guys, after playing a week here my feedback on the beta:

- When starting the season in July 2015 I saw that the European Qualifying matches are not actual. For instance in group A the match Czech - Netherlands ended in 2-1. In FM this was not the case. Can this be updated, so when starting the season the qualification standings are reflecting the real life situation?

- the color coding is horrible. in many instances there are way too many coloured blocks in the screen. Im assuming everything was made to create better guidance, but it now turned out to be a bit of a circus. Hopefully some more 'peace' on the screen can be created towards the real version.

- On the training screen: when selecting a position/role for a player to train on i can't see which attributes he is then actually going to train. In FM15 this was highlighted, but in FM16 its gone. Please bring this back!

So far my first observations. Great stuff with the other updates :)

I'm having a lot more injuries than FM15.

However, i think they're in line with real life injury stats. looks like you need to manage your recruitment & squad better this year.

I'll be even more wary of injury prone players this year.

I assume it's a bug:

I play as Gent in the Champions League against Lyon, Donezk and Benfica.

Portugal and Ukraine are non active leagues and every player of the two teams has at the start of the CL- match a match fitness of 100%.

In every game - except the injured players.

When you click on a player and look at his statistics, non competitive statistics are at the bottom of the screen instead of Overall (club). What is the reason for this switch?

The design was better when you could glance to the bottom of the screen and see a players appearances, goals, assists as the last column.

I have this too. Any word from the chaps in the know?

Archived