Darius1998

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
Just now, noikeee said:

Good game Morocco. Well executed plan, shut us off in the first half, got the goal, fair enough.

It hurts seeing this clearly talented generation drop out like this, when we had a great chance of going far, but that's football.

Portugal’s poor attitude is to blame. Individually a brilliant set of players but they’ve underperformed. 

2 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

Can't even bring himself to give respect to Moroccan players can he,

Such an utter *****, no handshakes, well dones, or **** all… just skulking off on his own for a cry.

**** off to Saudi Arabia and total inconsequence you utter ****

Edited by SouthCoastRed

3 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Good game Morocco. Well executed plan, shut us off in the first half, got the goal, fair enough.

It hurts seeing this clearly talented generation drop out like this, when we had a great chance of going far, but that's football.

You'll still have an extremely talented squad in 4 years, without two of the least likable players in the sport. 

Just now, XuluBak said:

You'll still have an extremely talented squad in 4 years, without two of the least likable players in the sport. 

Yeah, I'd say that if you take just players who are 25 or younger into account, it's between Portugal and France, no others are even close. They're the only teams not lacking in any position.

Santos had to go after they barely qualified for the World Cup. When you play backwards football, you're bound to lose against it eventually.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Portugal’s poor attitude is to blame. Individually a brilliant set of players but they’ve underperformed. 

We lost our heads a bit but I think the problem was strategy not attitude. 

We saw them frustrate Spain for 120 minutes so instead of doing what we did vs Switzerland and playing patiently through the middle, we decided to bypass them together with direct balls and long flank variations. This didn't work at all the first 45 minutes so we just gave them a 45 mins advantage.

The rest is luck of the dice, we concede as they exploit one of our weaknesses (keeper is bad at commanding the area), second half we went a bit desperate all out attack but the chances were there and could've scored. Biggest factor was the bad starting game plan in my opinion, was the difference between getting control of the match and letting it slip into chaos as it did.

We also never looked convincing defensively all tournament long, even against Switzerland. People got a bit too carried away with just one match where everything went perfect. Also today wasn't THAT bad, sometimes **** happens and the opposition has their own value, too.

5 minutes ago, Haguey said:

GIRUY the guys who thought Brazil and Portugal trouncing poorly setup and underwhelming nations meant they were going to win the whole thing. 3/3 winners voted for by me in the poll :D

Think this was the least surprising of all the surprises, when you look at who Morocco have beaten so far and how they've played as a team and made the most of the talent they have. Probably a bigger surprise Portugal scoring all those goals in the last round...

Imo, this tournament has shown that one lost art in football needs to come back - long range shots.

I'm not talking about shots from the edge of the area, but 20-25 meter shots. We literally haven't seen one except for that Korean volley.

Sure, those are low percentage shots, but when you've got an amazing shooter, it commands respect and defense has to close down more aggressively.

When there's noone, they can just not contest until the edge of the area, pretty much.

6 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Imo, this tournament has shown that one lost art in football needs to come back - long range shots.

I'm not talking about shots from the edge of the area, but 20-25 meter shots. We literally haven't seen one except for that Korean volley.

Sure, those are low percentage shots, but when you've got an amazing shooter, it commands respect and defense has to close down more aggressively.

When there's noone, they can just not contest until the edge of the area, pretty much.

Chavez for Mexico as well!

2 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

There's loads of these from media outlets. Going overboard with the adulation to this guy as if he's just died ffs.

I think that there will be lots more bad 'stuff' comes out about him, now his star is beginning to fade. Sure - he was a monumental goalscorer - but he's never been a team player and he's also a  ***ing **** to boot.

3 minutes ago, Confused Clarity said:

Actually getting more and more angry the more I look at this.  Kids himself that he's still the leader of that team.  Then you have the young guys like Dalot and Joao Felix and Ruben Neves and Goncalo Ramos and Rafael Leao... all at their first World Cup, all dealing with the most gut-wrenching defeat of their careers.  And he's left them out on the pitch and stormed off to have a cry on his own.

2 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Actually getting more and more angry the more I look at this.  Kids himself that he's still the leader of that team.  Then you have the young guys like Dalot and Joao Felix and Ruben Neves and Goncalo Ramos and Rafael Leao... all at their first World Cup, all dealing with the most gut-wrenching defeat of their careers.  And he's left them out on the pitch and stormed off to have a cry on his own.

Strange comment like some others here, hopping on the CR7 hate-boat.

His international career just ended. His dream is over. He will never win a WC. If you can't get it your prolly a sociopath.