• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

Are we back to jerky 3D???

It was fixed in FM22 and now it`s back again

I have a RTX 3060ti that can take any game on high and ultra and can`t play FM23 because of a jerky 3D?

It`s FM21 and FM22 all over again....

It’s a beta so it’s expected to have few issues 

One thing I’ve never seen in FM is players challenging the GK for ball in the air, once they see that the GK is coming for the ball and he’s going to get there they just leave him alone. I would like to see them challenge more and maybe foul the GK or the GK misjudge where the ball is and punch the player . That’s an “easy” way to add them getting sent off in the game 

First bug found (will add to bug tracker) - scouting update email defaults to card - in previous versions when you changed it to list that selection was remembered for subsequent emails.  Now it's resetting to card each time.

Early ME thoughts (only played a couple of matches)

- ball progression in midfield seems lacking with a tendency to spray the ball wide too much

- the ball seems a bit too light and floaty with not enough intertia when kicked into the air, feels like long balls should have more power hit into them

- players are foul-happy even with no hard tackling instructions/PIs set - if they were set I think I'd be getting at least one red card every game

2 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

Thank you ... didn't realise that

The little 'i' next to Potential Ability and Current Ability brings up the tooltip to explain that it's the minimum, FWIW.

1.  Transition between defence and midfield is very much an issue, it happens but it's bad.

2. Long balls lumped up to wingers constantly, every player also heavily favours the switch to the opposite flank even when under no pressure and 2/3 players next to them.

3. Too many long shots, shot selection is great when in the box, but decision making outside the box is very bad, they just keep taking long shots.

The way FM have implemented this seems like they want your players to spend less time in safe possession, so this means the ME tries to force turnovers by shortening the time spent in long passing chains. That seems to be why players are choosing long balls (ball in the air = more challenges = higher likelihood of turnover). Same for shooting, player is outside the box, no one near him and instead of recycling possession, he takes a long shot.

Final thing I will mention which contributing to the long balls is that players seem very reluctant to come short for the ball, so you have this very fixed positions on the pitch and ME is forced to find wide players because players want to remain where they are.

It's a good thing sometimes because we get wide and high wide players which the game needed, it's a very bad thing for the midfielders or many other roles.

I'll wait for full release and hope they fix the heavy reliance on this turnover/counter fest we have at the moment, it's 1 flavour at the moment and needs balancing.

1 hour ago, Crusho79bv said:

I have a RTX 3060ti that can take any game on high and ultra and can`t play FM23 because of a jerky 3D?

Mine is silky smooth.
Someone else had a similar issue, advise was to update drivers, or if they’ve been updated recently to roll back to the previous version.

Edited by gunner86

7 minutes ago, Iakovenko said:

Not sure. I'm managing in League One. 

Ah, it will be the QME one as suspected. This means the match engine is a quick sim based on reputation mostly, rather than the full ME.

There's always been a disparity between the full match engine and quick one. You can solve this by running the league in full detail on the detail level tab if it's a major issue

10 minutes ago, TheArsenal63 said:

1.  Transition between defence and midfield is very much an issue, it happens but it's bad.

2. Long balls lumped up to wingers constantly, every player also heavily favours the switch to the opposite flank even when under no pressure and 2/3 players next to them.

3. Too many long shots, shot selection is great when in the box, but decision making outside the box is very bad, they just keep taking long shots.

The way FM have implemented this seems like they want your players to spend less time in safe possession, so this means the ME tries to force turnovers by shortening the time spent in long passing chains. That seems to be why players are choosing long balls (ball in the air = more challenges = higher likelihood of turnover). Same for shooting, player is outside the box, no one near him and instead of recycling possession, he takes a long shot.

Final thing I will mention which contributing to the long balls is that players seem very reluctant to come short for the ball, so you have this very fixed positions on the pitch and ME is forced to find wide players because players want to remain where they are.

It's a good thing sometimes because we get wide and high wide players which the game needed, it's a very bad thing for the midfielders or many other roles.

I'll wait for full release and hope they fix the heavy reliance on this turnover/counter fest we have at the moment, it's 1 flavour at the moment and needs balancing.

All of these are excellent observations. If you can save the games as PKMs and note the times these are happening, they can be looked at :thup:

10 minutes ago, richh200 said:

How are the pass numbers in the ME? I noticed that in FM22, often, both teams would complete 500+ passes each per match, which rarely happens in real life. Especially when one team is a lot stronger than the other.

They're at lot better, in fully loaded leagues at least 

3 hours ago, turgi said:

Ok its far fetch but I am very desperate at the moment.

I’ve installed the beta about one hour ago, pressed play and went to get something to eat. I got back and saw my pc with ‘your computer restarted because of a problem’ and since then it’s been in a loop. Can’t do anything! 
Surely it can’t be the game?

I had this issue with the FM20 beta after updating my Nvidia graphics drivers. It wasn't FM itself breaking things, however loading FM caused it to break (if that makes sense). It was the actual driver at fault. Ended up having to do a full windows reinstall. Installed the graphics driver prior to the one that had caused the problems and no issues in the 2 years since. 

21 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Mine is silky smooth.
Someone else had a similar issue, advise was to update drivers, or if they’ve been updated recently to roll back to the previous version.

It`s a big issue with the rendering, I had to go medium or low to have a smooth(ish) 3D play

It`s not normal, i can play any game on 1440p high and ultra but FM has issues every year...NOT NORMAL

Just had my first player revolution. Because I sold a squad player who is only a natural at AML and AMC. Two position I never used in 22 competitive games and don't plan to use, either.

But on a more positive note: Agents are my new best friends, now. Gone are most hard-locked release clauses and those that are there are often logical and pre-announced.

1 hour ago, Crusho79bv said:

3D ME is running perfectly for me at max settings and 200% render scale, with a GTX 1080 and 1440p monitor. Hopefully it's just a driver issue for you!

A few QOL issues I've noticed.

1) When viewing a players profile/attributes there is only room to see 1 ppm, you have to scroll to view them all, very awkward (could just be a laptop issue)

2) An issue that has carried over from FM22 and is really annoying, when viewing your squads contract status, sorting by squad status doesn't work. It jumbles up breakthrough prospects and future prospects.

3) Another issue that has carried over from FM22, when selecting multiple players and switching between panels the highlighted players will reset. For example, if I am looking at my teams contract status and highlight the 5 players that have 1 year of their contract left and then switch to view the homegrown status, if I try and to add/remove to the selected players, it will reset and you are at square one.

Maybe they weren't reported last year but it is annoying 

Did you guys notice too that young players seem to develop in a weird and unrealistic way? For example strikers do not develop on the technical side at all, not even finishing, while gaining a lot of points in mental and physical. Completely unrealistic and I believe it is a bug

6 minutes ago, kripet said:

When you try and look at the tablet during a match (highlight) it fades and it is almost impossible to see any information. I didn't play last years editions, but is this intended, or should I report it as a bug?

https://prnt.sc/KlmZGC91Ix_6

It's always done that. It's a really weird design decision - if the ball isn't under the area where the tablet appears it will stay solid, but if the ball is under the area where the tablet appears is goes unreadably translucent. Especially if you have paused the game it should stay solid, but I don't know why anyone would want anything other than that - if you've called up the tablet, it's because you want to read it.  I'd imagine it's been raised before, but no harm in doing so again.

Edited by rp1966

11 minutes ago, dabest said:

A few QOL issues I've noticed.

1) When viewing a players profile/attributes there is only room to see 1 ppm, you have to scroll to view them all, very awkward (could just be a laptop issue)

2) An issue that has carried over from FM22 and is really annoying, when viewing your squads contract status, sorting by squad status doesn't work. It jumbles up breakthrough prospects and future prospects.

3) Another issue that has carried over from FM22, when selecting multiple players and switching between panels the highlighted players will reset. For example, if I am looking at my teams contract status and highlight the 5 players that have 1 year of their contract left and then switch to view the homegrown status, if I try and to add/remove to the selected players, it will reset and you are at square one.

Maybe they weren't reported last year but it is annoying 

Even if they were reported last year or not,  it may be best for you to report theses issues and let the developers have a look- it wont get seen in here.

5 minutes ago, rp1966 said:

It's always done that. It's a really weird design decision - if the ball isn't under the area where the tablet appears it will stay solid, but if the ball is under the area where the tablet appears is goes unreadably translucent. Especially if you have paused the game it should stay solid, but I don't know why anyone would want anything other than that - if you've called up the tablet, it's because you want to read it.  I'd imagine it's been raised before, but no harm in doing so again.

Hmm okay. I agree totally, If I click on the tablet to read it I don't want it to fade away at all, then I would just close it again.

I will report it, must be a bug that has been ignored because I'm not sure why anyone would think that is good design. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, abcdf said:

Did you guys notice too that young players seem to develop in a weird and unrealistic way? For example strikers do not develop on the technical side at all, not even finishing, while gaining a lot of points in mental and physical. Completely unrealistic and I believe it is a bug

Yes, if you have a good example, upload your save game with detail of the player you're talking about please :thup:

Feedback from me after a few hours of playing 

- Creating the look of your manager is tricky, I seemed to have rings on every finger and earrings to match.

- The game feels like the least updated version from a previous version I have ever seen. I feel like I am playing the same game.

19 minutes ago, abcdf said:

I saw someone on reddit that posted some screenshots from the future, and i noticed that too. At 32 years old  Endrick had 14 in finishing, 15 dribbling and and technique, while his mental attributes were 20 in anticipation, composure, decisions, leadership and off the ball. His natural fitness was at 15 so i don't think his technical attributes should drop that much. There were some regens that had the same kind of distribution, fairly low technical attributes but several mental ones at 20. I'll keep an eye out for my game, hopefully I'll get a couple of seasons done today and have some proof for myself

22 minuti fa, abcdf ha scritto:

Look at hendrick in 3 years. Barely gained anything on the technical side while getting a ridiculous +5 in strenght, +6 in composure and anticipation and +8 (!!!!) in decisions.

Wtf, this is a huge bug

I uploaded 2 pics so you can see it yourself

Endrick 1.PNG

Endrick 2.PNG

Edited by abcdf

12 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's really disappointing that standard cup draws are not done like the European ones, despite assurances to the contrary in the features videos earlier. 

I think some cups do have it, but it could be based on how important cup draws are for the tournament. I mean, I don't think I've ever heard about the cup draw here in Norway being televised at all. This is speculation from me though!

14 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's really disappointing that standard cup draws are not done like the European ones, despite assurances to the contrary in the features videos earlier. 

I am very sure some cups in England have a similar draw style to the European cups.

40 minutes ago, kripet said:

When you try and look at the tablet during a match (highlight) it fades and it is almost impossible to see any information. I didn't play last years editions, but is this intended, or should I report it as a bug?

https://prnt.sc/KlmZGC91Ix_6

According to the response i got when i reported it last time it is working as intended.
Baffling decision that is :D

Haven't gotten far yet in my save, taking my sweet time but one bug that I noticed, haven't really checked yet if that has been reported, was the order numbering (such as 1st, 2nd, 3rd) are a little messed up in few area such as squad planner, recruitment focus etc. Is this known and is there any need to provide any examples? 

2 hours ago, Crusho79bv said:

I've done most of my playtime in my office using the integrated graphics of a 7th gen i5, granted the graphics are on low settings but it's not jerky one little bit.

At home I am at 4K with highest settings and it is silky smooth (RTX 3090ti) I doubt it's the game, more likely a driver issue.