*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, SeaCarrot said:

I've played about a dozen games now and not seen a single penalty for me or the opposition. 

Lucky you. Although it has calmed down a bit here there was a penalty-fest here for a good while.

I know patches are rare to see historically with beta versions and usually reserved for game-breakers, but do we think there's a likelihood the technical ability development issue and the non-league wages would be seen as this?

Also - I've not seen anyone moan about injuries yet. Which suggests to me (as someone who usually has to play with a mod to up the numbers) that there aren't enough! :D 

Edited by Domoboy23

40 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's really disappointing that standard cup draws are not done like the European ones, despite assurances to the contrary in the features videos earlier. 

It would be superb to see Rod Stewart appear from the side of your screen

3 hours ago, Crusho79bv said:

Are we back to jerky 3D???

It was fixed in FM22 and now it`s back again

I have a RTX 3060ti that can take any game on high and ultra and can`t play FM23 because of a jerky 3D?

It`s FM21 and FM22 all over again....

Few things to check… what background apps are running (anti-virus, other game launchers). Check your task manager, see if your hard drives are doing stuff in the background. Check how much free memory you have. Are you running Fm from an SSD?

try and close as many background apps as you can. Go to processes in Task manager and close them that way, sometimes they are still running without you realising 

4 hours ago, Meraklija Vujevic said:

Mate I know what I am saying and every year some of my tactics are donwloaded more then 100k!

My tactical topic on other site have over 377k vievs for last fm

Do you mean it's harder to make plug and play tactics that win everything now? If that's the case, it's a good thing

Really enjoying the game too. Yes there is defo an avoidance of central play here. See a lot of long balls spread to the wings. Wingers seem to avoid passing to central midfield and will pass back to fullbacks or pass to the other wing. Centre backs also hit long balls over opp defence for my strikers to run on. Wish you could delay employing staff. Example: negotiated with physio, but was overloaded with physio, asked board for more, but had to cancel contract as it wouldn’t let me continue. Board come back with agreement to increase physio, now the physio won’t renegotiate with me. Other than that, looking good!

7 minutes ago, Obamayang said:

Do you mean it's harder to make plug and play tactics that win everything now? If that's the case, it's a good thing

Plug & play is still very much there. Tried two different clubs with the same tactics of last year- English Lower league and Romanian Liga- same outcome, usually double xG of your opponent and top 5 within at least 10-15 games with a bottom 3 side, no signings. Granted the AI does react a bit more, however it really does feel a weak representation of a supposed headline feature.

Maybe the full release will prove different, but I very much doubt it.

Edited by sthptngomad76

Another thing, when searching for staff, can you automatically set it up so if I’m looking for a coach, it will just show staff interested in being a coach. Always have to do a few extra ticks just to find coaches that want that job, thought it would just make sense to already have that setup when you are searching for a coach 

6 minutes ago, sthptngomad76 said:

Plug & play is still very much there. Tried two different clubs with the same tactics of last year- English Lower league and Romanian Liga- same outcome, usually double xG of your opponent and top 5 within at least 10-15 games with a bottom 3 side, no signings. Granted the AI does react a bit more, however it really does feel a weak representation of a supposed headline feature.

Maybe the full release will prove different, but I very much doubt it.

That's unfortunate, and yes usually there's not very much a big change between beta and release

I have a RTX 3060ti that can take any game on high and ultra and can`t play FM23 because of a jerky 3D?

Yea same for me :(

And FM 22 runs 100 % smooth with very high settings 

If you've two monitors make sure they're set up to use the same refresh rate, happened to me on counter strike, 165 and 144 Hz monitors were jerky so I had to set both to 140 Hz in Windows.

Played another few hours today, definitely enjoying the reactions on socials about it being a really flimsy update this year. New features are things you'll look at once then never bother again.

ME feels fine but it'll change so much over next couple weeks/month per usual that there's no point taking anything from that.

Wish I'd just waited 2 weeks for the game pass version 🤷

Edited by treble_yell_:-)

A few feelings about the ME:

Pros:

- Pressing looks more realistic and nice now, player under pressure and gets the ball robbed when swarmed by 2 opponents looks very realistic

- I've not been able to get a 4-2-3-1 working at all, the one that served me well in 21 and 22 is no longer there (the 4-3-3 is pretty decent thou).  I guess the 4-2-3-1 is due a nerf after all. 

Cons: 

- the AMC, AML and AMR line plays way to high up, they play almost as strikers (even when on support duty) looking to run behind the opponent instead of come and help build up play. I have AMC as Advanced playmaker support and instead he play almost like a shadow striker often running past the complete forward on attack.

- The defending of long balls is often awful. You can have world-class Centre backs looks clueless as a ball is simply lumped past them and they will jog back, getting nowhere near the ball and oblivious to an opponent running past them at full speed. 

1 hour ago, abcdf said:

Look at hendrick in 3 years. Barely gained anything on the technical side while getting a ridiculous +5 in strenght, +6 in composure and anticipation and +8 (!!!!) in decisions.

Wtf, this is a huge bug

I uploaded 2 pics so you can see it yourself

Decisions has only went up 6 like the other stats. And training could explain the increases.

11 minutes ago, yifanwang99 said:

A few feelings about the ME:

Pros:

- I've not been able to get a 4-2-3-1 working at all, the one that served me well in 21 and 22 is no longer there (the 4-3-3 is pretty decent thou).  I guess the 4-2-3-1 is due a nerf after all. 

Looks like it's all about the 4-2-3-1 DM this year 

1 hour ago, greenz81 said:

Few things to check… what background apps are running (anti-virus, other game launchers). Check your task manager, see if your hard drives are doing stuff in the background. Check how much free memory you have. Are you running Fm from an SSD?

try and close as many background apps as you can. Go to processes in Task manager and close them that way, sometimes they are still running without you realising 

It`s just crazy how poor the optimization is on the game every year.

You can see my GPU is on 99% and CPU on 6% usage ??????? 

That is crazy, FM22 was on GPU 30% and CPU 25-30%.....smooth

By the way, my drivers and bios are up to date

image.thumb.jpeg.c6d4112cf1788b7fed7768d06a6fadeb.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

Can I see a list of your processes? DM if you wish…. There may be an app in the background hogging your GPU resources

6 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

Are you on full screen or windowed? 

9 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

Only asking because 3.9gb of your graphics card memory being used is quite extreme just for FM

23 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Looks like it's all about the 4-2-3-1 DM this year 

Generally 2DM formations. The 3421 (2DM 2WB 2AM) looks to be the absolutely worst to play against so far. So bad in fact that I decided to play it myself on my second beta save just to see just how in the name of sanity it actually works.

On the flipside, Pipball might be a valid tactic this year and not just a novelty.

Game seems fine, but not a large upgrade compared to FM22. The match engine seems a bit less rigid compared to FM22, which is an improvement.

However, the lack of technical improvement of players is a game breaker for me and I will probably refund before release if there are no signs of changes on this front.

Edited by diLLa88

36 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

Yea same for me

And FM 22 was 100 % smooth 

22 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

yes, 0,4%  

going nuts here :idiot::lol:

What version of Windows you have? Have you installed the latest Windows 10 21h2 (apparently causing performance issues). Have you restarted your PC? What size monitor you using? What resolution you using? Have you disabled any antivirus software running in the background?

36 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

It really doesn't like dual monitors. I'm on Ultra Widescreen, and when I'm in ta match with Twitch open on the second screen, the game flickers like mad. God forbid you have epilepsy!

Somehow it only happens if I have Chrome open on the other screen, nothing else.

Fixed this.

My main monitor is 200hz, second is 60hz. FM REALLY did not like this for some reason.

Cap my primary monitor to 60 and its fine, no flicker in the ME.

1 minute ago, greenz81 said:

What version of Windows you have? Have you installed the latest Windows 10 21h2 (apparently causing performance issues). Have you restarted your PC? What size monitor you using? What resolution you using? Have you disabled any antivirus software running in the background?

Everything is just fine, latest updates, win 10 latest updates, FM22 smooth, 1080p and 1440p have the same issue, i play all games in 1440p without any problems

RDR2 in 1440p with 90-100 fps smooth and FM23 feels like a game made for rtx4090

8 hours ago, HowzatFM said:

How did you do it? 

I think I had to select no ring but then select each finger with a ring in order to take it off that finger! Same with the earring! It was weird!

The manager creation screen is like a sims game - I’m bald so I just want to select the bald guy and get on with it!! :D

I take it there’s not an option for clothing to be based on your club - so your tracksuit or tie would change depending on the club colours you were at.