*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Device Manager, Display Adapter, select the card, Driver, roll back to previous version

I will try but i dont think it will work

I opened FM22 on max match settings and its still 100 % smooth while i get 100 % smooth in FM23 only on Medium quality 

41 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

This Match Momentum message popped up in the lower left of the screen randomly. The bright blue is a bit jarring, is that intentional? It has a normal, much easier on the eye colour in the Touchline Tablet

image.png.dceb0e803ae177929c28507e8a6b544e.png

image.png.6be41fbd2c045e0b2ff54b4c7ec7abbb.png

Might be worth checking if you can change that colour in preferences and if not, mention it in the UI section of the Bugs forum

1 hour ago, angelo994 said:

Enjoying the match engine a lot. But I must say the squad planner is a disaster. It’s very unclear & a step down to the squad depth screen. Unsure if I’m just not used to it yet, or it’s badly designed from UI perspective.

It's a complete mess and not the easiest to use. 

Example (and maybe I'm missing this) if I add a player fromy scout list, why doesn't he get sorted in order of ability etc lime the others? They go straight to the last position and the only way to move them is manually.

They also disappear if you move the tab to next season.

The ME feels decent, like others have said the goals seems.to come from long balls from CB's or turnovers, but I've seen some nice play that's encouraging.

Hopefully the under the hood changes become apparent the longer I play as so far this is most "database update" feeling FM in a long time.

5 hours ago, eusebio1 said:

After having changed the in-game language from German (my computer's language) to English, all country names & league names are still in German. (Rest of the interface changed to English)

Anyone else experiencing this?

FIXED: the "data language" has been introduced - so now there are two language settings. Good to know!

Thanks for posting this.  I was having the same issue.

1 hour ago, TheArsenal63 said:

ME is so close to being excellent. Two major issues holding it back :

1. ME using long balls as a crutch to  transition from defence to attack, central passes are very rare again, most of the time, player on the ball refuses to play to player unless in acres of space.

2. Which brings me to my second point, the ME sees the wide players not being marked with space and so uses them as a crutch to escape pressure or a settled defence. Also ME is playing long balls to wide players from too central a position. Real players do use long passes to wingers to transition straight to attack but they do it from one side of the pitch to the other, this is because the opposition team has shifted to your side, so sometimes there is an opportunity that they have shifted too far and the opposite wide player is free, hence the switch. But CBs are spamming that long balls from everywhere because they see it as less risky than playing the ball through the lines ,for whatever reason. CBs are the main culprit here but other players also use it too often.

3. Game is too direct, settled possession is very very difficult. Turnovers are very high, players will keep ball deep in their own half or around the center line, but anything above that means players play direct passes.

Whether it's the improved defending (which should accompany improved decision making) or it's a bug, the gameplay is one flavor at the moment and it needs tweaking. Especially build up which is way too direct at the moment.

A lot of posters are saying this, so I don't doubt it, but I watched a live stream by a YouTuber managing Man City. They are stupidly dominant, with Haaland hat-tricking every game. They play rapid tiki-taka, defying the points people are making playing with mortal sides.

43 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Why do you think its improvement? 

because teams that play like that irl use 2 dms, it's easier to defend and you can still provide options going forward. it's definitely not a but it is done by design 

Stupid question, but do you have to create a new manager bio/image (body/head/attire/accessories)?  I'd much rather import what I created from last year as find creating a profile a bit of a chore.

Edit - disregard - the second screen when creating allows me to import an avatar.

Edited by Phil930

I've been able to renew two contracts for players around 32-34 years old who had 11 months left on their deals, they accepted renewals on reduced wages (one from 140k down to 105k, and the other from 70k down to 62k) and reduced bonuses, without extending the length of the contracts - so just taking a pay cut for no reason. 

I'm sure one of them was looking for a deal until 2024, but then on the renewal screen it was set for 2023 and they didn't want to change it. I'm not complaining but there's no way any player would accept that (and our club isn't in financial difficulty or anything out of the ordinary). May be a bug worth looking at.

Just conceded an absolutely horrific goal in the 93rd minute. 2-1 up with seconds left and I have a corner, for some reason my whole team is forward and leaves two opposition strikers by themselves for the counter attack. They win the ball on the edge of the box and punt the ball forward to the two players who are standing well into my half, 10-15 yards offside, yet no offside is given and they are two on 1 with my keeper?

I have taken a video, just not sure how I would post this?

2 minutes ago, JordanBlackpoolFC said:

Just conceded an absolutely horrific goal in the 93rd minute. 2-1 up with seconds left and I have a corner, for some reason my whole team is forward and leaves two opposition strikers by themselves for the counter attack. They win the ball on the edge of the box and punt the ball forward to the two players who are standing well into my half, 10-15 yards offside, yet no offside is given and they are two on 1 with my keeper?

I have taken a video, just not sure how I would post this?

Referees  make mistakes . Except it and move on as in real life . If it happens constantly then its a bug but not if its a one off .

My first impression of the ME is really good. The touches are improved, the "chaos" of football is really there and you can feel it. I even seen some interesting dribbling animations when players have the ball. I got to be honest, the fact that the ball now spins and bounce like a real ball is supposed to do is really great.

Can't say anything about playing styles as I only played a few games, but so far what I'm instructing my team to do, the team is doing it. Be it playing from the back or a more direct approach. I'm sure that with some fine-tuning, this could be one of the greates ME of the game.

6 minutes ago, JordanBlackpoolFC said:

If you could see it, you would realize it has to be a bug. He is stood 15 yards offside with not a player near him

Report this in the ME section of the Bug Tracker please and let the developers decide whether it is a bug or not

Anyone else noticing goalkeepers (who played at minimum 10 games) struggle to get a 7 average rating.

Could be me who is playing lower league, but I couldn't find a team in my league where the goalkeeper had more than 6.9 avg after 25 games

1 hour ago, SeaCarrot said:

Anyone else have their created manager have a left diamond stud earring? I can't seem to work out how to get rid of it. 

You can select earrings on the accessories and the first one is no earring and then select left ear. 

3 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Anyone else noticing goalkeepers (who played at minimum 10 games) struggle to get a 7 average rating.

Could be me who is playing lower league, but I couldn't find a team in my league where the goalkeeper had more than 6.9 avg after 25 games

I'm stillon FM21 and it's always been like that - goalkeepers and midfielders with a defensive duty are always under-rated.

I still don't get the scouting and what am I doing wrong. Playing as Juventus and I put my scouts to search for a defender on a top priority. The thing I hate is that I have to define his PA in the search. I could do with 3 stars, 3.5 stars,4 stars,4.5 stars and 5 stars defender. But since I have to decide I put 3 stars CA and 4 stars PA. Age range between 19 and 28, continent Europe. My scouts come back to me with 4 players? Surely there must be more players in Europe that fit my parameters? What should I do? How to get more hits? This is a problem I had in FM22 also so I just went back to old school player search but would like to use scouting this time as I like the concept, it's just I feel I'm missing on a ton of players this way..

4 minutes ago, luka_zg said:

I still don't get the scouting and what am I doing wrong. Playing as Juventus and I put my scouts to search for a defender on a top priority. The thing I hate is that I have to define his PA in the search. I could do with 3 stars, 3.5 stars,4 stars,4.5 stars and 5 stars defender. But since I have to decide I put 3 stars CA and 4 stars PA. Age range between 19 and 28, continent Europe. My scouts come back to me with 4 players? Surely there must be more players in Europe that fit my parameters? What should I do? How to get more hits? This is a problem I had in FM22 also so I just went back to old school player search but would like to use scouting this time as I like the concept, it's just I feel I'm missing on a ton of players this way..

I didn’t have to define a PA or CA when I sent my scouts off. It did take me a while to work out assignments on this one though. 

11 minutes ago, luka_zg said:

Keep in mind that what you're selecting is the minimum star rating to look for. So your assignment is asking scouts to find a DC with a minimum of 3 star CA and a minimum of 4 star PA.

That manager creation thing was a pain - I could not for the life of me work out how to remove his earring and ring!

Ended up at one point with an earring in each ear and a ring on all fingers!

It’s probably just me but it just seemed an odd way to select no earring or ring. 

Il y a 6 heures, sthptngomad76 a dit :

Has gengenpress been nerfed at least a little? Or is it still too easy to overperform with it?

It seems more balanced

Only a few games in, with a brand new tactic, but i feel like it's less powerful