*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ferocious289 said:

Players still complaining too much about game time even when they're started majority of games. I would have expected player unhappiness to be more balanced but doesn't seem like it's been worked on.

It’s never been looked at in the past so I don’t expect anything to change in future editions. I’d be Happy to be proved wrong though. 

15 minutes ago, Wizard boy said:

It’s never been looked at in the past so I don’t expect anything to change in future editions. I’d be Happy to be proved wrong though. 

It's madness. I've played 14 league games, my first teamer has played 15 games in all comps and is now complaining about not enough starts and now puts in a transfer request.

1 hour ago, Ferocious289 said:

It's madness. I've played 14 league games, my first teamer has played 15 games in all comps and is now complaining about not enough starts and now puts in a transfer request.

I’ve found the opposite. Usually when you don’t register a player for the champions league even when they are injured they get mad but this year I left out my 3 best players because they had long term injuries and they didn’t complain. 
The issue I have is players asking to more than double their wages when renewing contract 

4 minutes ago, DarJ said:

I’ve found the opposite. Usually when you don’t register a player for the champions league even when they are injured they get mad but this year I left out my 3 best players because they had long term injuries and they didn’t complain. 
The issue I have is players asking to more than double their wages when renewing contract 

If they have long term injuries they never complain, it was the same on fm22, which makes sense since they won't be fit to start any games.

I have had 4 players complain about not getting enough starts and was a theme on fm22 where if you wish to rotate/rest players, even squad players start complaining about playing time.

18 hours ago, Troels Jensen said:

Regarding Erling Haaland and the insane stats people have posted - he's more human in my game :

image.png.c575d2237bc6bb2ec5fb6d67592575fd.png

Was (still am) going to wait til played more games for a better balanced sample size of more general across the board stuff but your post reminded me of something that had stood out when I was last looking at the stats: Strikers seem very very good at the lowest of levels

20221030145506_1.jpg

WIth the removal of some formations of the AI that use a defensive winger like 4-1-4-1 and 4-4-1-1 , i feel SI really should add the role to the AML/AMR strata.

4-1-4-1 is a widely used defensive formation which the AI cannot use right now

1 hour ago, gavinski33 said:

Was (still am) going to wait til played more games for a better balanced sample size of more general across the board stuff but your post reminded me of something that had stood out when I was last looking at the stats: Strikers seem very very good at the lowest of levels

20221030145506_1.jpg

Lee Trundle still playing at 45! What a player. 

32 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

There seems to be *a lot* of wide players getting to the line or beating their man and making way towards teh box/line and then just.....stopping, double back, play a ball backwards

Yes, this happens a lot. I thing that the problem is that a few years back they tried to reduce the number of crosses because some people complained about the high number of crosses and they came up with this. I thing it is unnatural and really annoying. i hope that someone from SI team reads this and correct this issue because it is so unnatural.

My general feedback, much of which no doubt repeats what I am seeing on the forums and on content creators. 

I'm very underwhelmed by this year's game, and also apprehensive about next year's game. 

This year, the headline features just aren't big enough; yes the ME is better, but it's not a new game worth improvement. Other headline features are mediocre; I turned the CL sound off after my first game, and skipped through the draws. The squad planner is somewhat useful, but still buggy. I've been playing since CM01/02, and this is the first time I've really regretted the purchase. Ultimately I'm seeing it as a database upgrade.

I'm apprehensive about next year as I know a large part of the headline feature will be women's football. I'm all for it, and glad it's being introduced. But I'm worried at what cost to the progress the game will make in other areas. There are so many things that still haven't improved with the game; set plays, corners, training, graphics! I would much prefer improvements there than license additions etc, which are fixed anyways with mods within a day of purchasing the game.

General thought, is that I wish SI would increase the cost of the game to unlock more investment into new features. I've had so much value from the game over the years, that I'd happily pay £50-£60 for it, if there were real progressive features being delivered. In honesty, I'm shocked the SI have kept the game and the price they have for so many years; with the economy the way it is, the cost of wages for top developers rising, they must surely be running and a low profit margin. Furthermore, I'd also be more than happy paying c. £6-£10 a month on a subscription model, for regular releases of new features. 

Final wish, is that the game was more open to MODs, we've started to see the power of some bolt ons on the market: Zealand's facepack, database additions, skins etc. I wish the MODs could start going deeper into functionality, and that SI could work with them to improve the feature availability of the game. 

Cheers,

Kev 

I keep getting the same statistics when it comes to passing. Yes, I have full match details enabled. Every single time, my defenders end up with twice as many passes as my midfielders. They just keep the ball, passing around for ages until one of them decides to throw a long ball towards my striker. The tactic I used was already bugged in FM22, but worked flawlessly in FM21.

It was already an issue since FM22 beta, somehow it's still an issue a year later. I didn't play last year's opus for that reason, I hope it'll be fixed when the full game releases. I genuinely don't want to wait until March, let alone until FM24.

EDIT : The screenshot is in French. The passing statistics are the first numbers. For example, Rüdiger attempted 133 passes and completed 95% of them.

image.thumb.png.77da1b7dc036c16a6596458847a9c74c.png 

Edited by UI_Riven

1 hour ago, Bayern Bru said:

My general feedback, much of which no doubt repeats what I am seeing on the forums and on content creators. 

I'm very underwhelmed by this year's game, and also apprehensive about next year's game. 

This year, the headline features just aren't big enough; yes the ME is better, but it's not a new game worth improvement. Other headline features are mediocre; I turned the CL sound off after my first game, and skipped through the draws. The squad planner is somewhat useful, but still buggy. I've been playing since CM01/02, and this is the first time I've really regretted the purchase. Ultimately I'm seeing it as a database upgrade.

I'm apprehensive about next year as I know a large part of the headline feature will be women's football. I'm all for it, and glad it's being introduced. But I'm worried at what cost to the progress the game will make in other areas. There are so many things that still haven't improved with the game; set plays, corners, training, graphics! I would much prefer improvements there than license additions etc, which are fixed anyways with mods within a day of purchasing the game.

General thought, is that I wish SI would increase the cost of the game to unlock more investment into new features. I've had so much value from the game over the years, that I'd happily pay £50-£60 for it, if there were real progressive features being delivered. In honesty, I'm shocked the SI have kept the game and the price they have for so many years; with the economy the way it is, the cost of wages for top developers rising, they must surely be running and a low profit margin. Furthermore, I'd also be more than happy paying c. £6-£10 a month on a subscription model, for regular releases of new features. 

Final wish, is that the game was more open to MODs, we've started to see the power of some bolt ons on the market: Zealand's facepack, database additions, skins etc. I wish the MODs could start going deeper into functionality, and that SI could work with them to improve the feature availability of the game. 

Cheers,

Kev 

In summary then, you would happily pay more for the game despite them already having a huge annual turnover because that will encourage them to invest and work harder???

Or maybe they'd happily take the extra money, keep pumping out the same stuff and as you suggest, have modders do all the actual work for them while paying for the privilege.....

This is not some small, indie, resource starved company we're talking about here!

19 minutes ago, Fabregas_04 said:

In summary then, you would happily pay more for the game despite them already having a huge annual turnover because that will encourage them to invest and work harder???

Or maybe they'd happily take the extra money, keep pumping out the same stuff and as you suggest, have modders do all the actual work for them while paying for the privilege.....

This is not some small, indie, resource starved company we're talking about here!

Well I don't know what their books look like. My point is, I would happily pay more if it guaranteed more and better headline features each year. 

1 hour ago, Oliver Roland said:

WHY IS SO DIFFICULT to repair the collums setting in squad screen? My squad screen got somehow broken and I am not able to get it back...every year the same issue. It is easier to finish Rubik's cube than to set up your squad screen....

I am sorry for non constructive feedback, I just lost my nerves trying to set up ONE SINGLE COLLUM RIGHT KEKW

Ahhhh, it was not only with me :)

1 hour ago, Oliver Roland said:

WHY IS SO DIFFICULT to repair the collums setting in squad screen? My squad screen got somehow broken and I am not able to get it back...every year the same issue. It is easier to finish Rubik's cube than to set up your squad screen....

I am sorry for non constructive feedback, I just lost my nerves trying to set up ONE SINGLE COLLUM RIGHT KEKW

i usually right click and auto size all columns and that usually fixes mine when it's broken

Small question: A very good newgen has just appeared at my rival club - he refuses to join my club because he loves his club and doesn't want to join their rivals. Is it possible through declaring interest and scouting etc. to make him change his mind?

That said, I don't find it particularly realistic that a 16 year old refuses to join one of the biggest clubs in the world, just because it's a rival club. Maybe it's just me. I would understand if he was older, but not as a fresh regen.

- T

Please add independent filtering options  to the three squad screens, (i.e. in the Main Squad screen, the tactics page screen, and the registration screen)

so that users can simply put options like hide unavailable, do not need registering into them and forget about it.

From the features video to trialing the beta I cant help but feel underwhelmed by the lack of improvement from 1 series to another this yr. 1st time in 20 yrs I felt a bit disillusioned.

Still a quality game of course and I'll get my value worth per hours played but this yr for a full price game is a let down.

Start a St Johnstone save.

Win my League Cup group unbeaten, draw my first league game v Hibs then beat Motherwell.

Narrowly lose to Celtic in the nect round of the League Cup.

Captain comes complaining we got knocked out and now doesnt rate me as manager, and the board called a meeting to discuss my future.

Edited by RandomGuy.

37 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

That and the 4231 double DM system are the only two tactics that the AI seem to use. :thdn:

Dunno why SI would remove tactical systems from the AI. :(

Yeah... There is a thread in the bug tracker regarding the AI managers not using enough of their other pref formations... Let's hope they tweak the AI some more and make it more flexible when choosing a starting formation

5 minutes ago, KamyKaze said:

Damn. Changing from managing in the premier league to the Portuguese league, and the Press conferences went from 15 to 2 questions :D

Is you haved started with the portuguese you'd have to deal with those same 15 questions... or more :lol:

Did i read somewhere that you were going to be able to arrange future transfers in a more nuanced way this version? Bit annoying the kind of restrictions the game puts on transfers that simply wouldn't exist in real life...i think, happy to be corrected.

Seems odd you can't just arrange an u21 future transfer for the next window if you have made 6 u21 deals in the current season for example.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah we all play different ways, i wasnt having a go at you or trying to say you were wrong or anything, just giving my own view on it.

I used the squad depth page a lot too, as i generally like to gave a left footed LCB and right footed RCB and just the squad view was overwhelming early on for me in regards to that, and wanted to plan a season ahead via that so the planner is perfect for me.

Different folks, different strokes, as they say.

Yea, I do not consider this to be worthy of a headline feature as it does not change how you play the game (some may argue that it does for the worse), but I find it to be a handy feature for the way I play the game. Scouting or transfers aren't something I do to negate any advantage I might have over AI, but sometimes I miss out on players because we didn't scout well. Whenever my DOF failed to resign a starter or one of my top transfers last year in FM 22, we always ended up settling for a lower-level player. Squad planner lets me be hands-off while still being involved. Moreover, the DOF brings in far more transfers than he did before. The DOF used to only sign players from his scouting network, not directly from players the team scouted. This is not the case anymore. The use of DOF, recruitment meeting and squad planner brings everything together.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

3 hours ago, Cam NBH said:

How has the set piece taker problem still not been fixed? How many years is this now?

You think that's bad! How many years have the pitch, stadium filler with burger van, ambulance and minecraft level brick walls graphics as well as player interaction limimations been left untouched? The stadium and grass texture is a disgrace to 2023 level gaming, no wonder Zealand felt the need to speak out.

11 hours ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

There seems to be *a lot* of wide players getting to the line or beating their man and making way towards teh box/line and then just.....stopping, double back, play a ball backwards

if u have any examples please share them there, hopefully they fix the absence of dribbling of wide attacking players, is a shame watching neymar, vinicious or mbappe play like they cant dribble 1v1s against defenders, this already happened in fm22 and there is literally no change in fm23, it happens but its too rare, it should be more common, they dont event attempt a dribble, i rather watch them try and lose the ball than run to de byline, turn around and pass it back or try a blocked cross 9/10 times they get the ball.

Is it just me or there are a bunch of scouting related bugs?

Sometimes inbox everyone is not for sale. Sometimes in the scouting priorities, scouting assignments get stuck and needs manual reshuffling to re-activate them. And also in scouting responsibilities now I can no longer select player ability and potential, is that a bug or intentional change? Thanks.

2 hours ago, kertiek said:

if u have any examples please share them there, hopefully they fix the absence of dribbling of wide attacking players, is a shame watching neymar, vinicious or mbappe play like they cant dribble 1v1s against defenders, this already happened in fm22 and there is literally no change in fm23, it happens but its too rare, it should be more common, they dont event attempt a dribble, i rather watch them try and lose the ball than run to de byline, turn around and pass it back or try a blocked cross 9/10 times they get the ball.

1816320296_.gif.09d801f1dd8eca679ebc6aea881b6f95.gif

cut inside

2 hours ago, Atytse said:

Is it just me or there are a bunch of scouting related bugs?

Sometimes inbox everyone is not for sale. Sometimes in the scouting priorities, scouting assignments get stuck and needs manual reshuffling to re-activate them. And also in scouting responsibilities now I can no longer select player ability and potential, is that a bug or intentional change? Thanks.

Since the hotfix my scouting reports are now knackered, and ill do a bug report for it next time i can play. 

The scouting card just shows me details from the previous player i looked at. So i get a GK report, then move to a CF, and the card is still telling me hes a GK. Great fun when you're skimming through 50 player reports.

I know its just the beta but this is the first time ive ever considered a refund for a FM. I stopped play 22 as it just got boring and buggy, and this is literally just the exact same game but with more bugs. I could get a refund, and updated database for 22, and buy a notepad as a squad planner, and id be better off in every way.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I have spent my time on the beta trying to get IF/IW to work as I want them to, even to the extent of playing strikerless to give them as much space as possible to run into.  Nothing works. 

Both wingers and inverted wingers run to the byline, the only difference is IW/IF stop, turn and pass to get onto their stronger foot.

I have given up and started to play with wing backs and no wingers at all. A lot better on the eye.

23 minutes ago, dabest said:

I have spent my time on the beta trying to get IF/IW to work as I want them to, even to the extent of playing strikerless to give them as much space as possible to run into.  Nothing works. 

Both wingers and inverted wingers run to the byline, the only difference is IW/IF stop, turn and pass to get onto their stronger foot.

I have given up and started to play with wing backs and no wingers at all. A lot better on the eye.

This behaviour is all the more disappointing because in FM21 the IF/IWs were responsible for most of the good attacking play - the driving run diagonally into the box from an IF with a shot across goal into the far corner was a signature move of the FM21 ME. Now all the IF/IW seems good for is collecting the ball to pass back to a WB/FB.

Edited by rp1966

35 minutes ago, dabest said:

Try adding "run at defences" and/or "be more expressive" as team instruction?

My IFs as Santos are constantly cutting in and shooting.