*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

4 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

Everything is just fine, latest updates, win 10 latest updates, FM22 smooth, 1080p and 1440p have the same issue, i play all games in 1440p without any problems

RDR2 in 1440p with 90-100 fps smooth and FM23 feels like a game made for rtx4090

I understand other games run smoothly… but did you disable any antivirus in the background? Does anyone else in this forum have a 3060ti with the same issue?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, greenz81 said:

I understand other games run smoothly… but did you disable any antivirus in the background? Does anyone else in this forum have a 3060ti with the same issue?

I don`t use antivirus, just the one from win 10

I`ll look for others with the same problem

1 minute ago, Crusho79bv said:

I don`t use antivirus, just the one from win 10

I`ll look for others with the same problem

Probably your best option. Then if they don’t, you can compare systems, drivers, updates etc….

• SI Staff
26 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Fixed this.

My main monitor is 200hz, second is 60hz. FM REALLY did not like this for some reason.

Cap my primary monitor to 60 and its fine, no flicker in the ME.

Interesting, could be a gsync or freesync issue of some kind.

If you're able to, would be great if you could make a bug report with a video recording of your screen while it is flickering (literally recording your screen with your phone tends to work best).

8 minutes ago, theinfamousmielie said:

Yet another year where the starting staff member numbers at some club exceeds the game's opinion of how many of that type of staff the club should have.

I've complained about this for several years now. It. Doesn't. Make. Sense.

For example Liverpool have 23 scouts but only "space" for 16. This means that I can't actually replace a scout with a different/better one until I've literally fired 7 scouts. I don't want to do that, because I shouldn't have to.

Dear SI, I love the game, but this is basic stuff. When you start a save, especially if the club is financially stable or rich, the max number of staff should never be less than the actual number of real life staff hired by the real life club. After some months, I don't mind if the board then suggests trimming the size or whatever, but if I want to switch out Joe Bloggs with a different scout I shouldn't be stopped from doing so. I shouldn't have to fire 7 scouts in order to replace one and end up with a 20% smaller scouting department.

Every damn year. Please sort this! :(

I've hated this as well each year. It's a hassle every time you start a new save to deal with that. 

Training - Individual.
There really needs to be a reset to default button in here, the amount of time i've joined a new club over the years and i cant just wipe the slate clean to start fresh is crazy.

Strikers cant shoot?

I'm only a few games into the season but im seeing a real issue with strikers, im playing as Bayer Leverkusen and im repeatedly having a XG around 3 or 4, about 14 shots a half against worse teams and 6 or 7 against similar teams (on extended highlights) and they're getting into the box and love tapping it at the keeper or hoofing it at some kid in the top row.  I've ended a half with Schick, the expected top goal scorer missing 18 shots all off target.

Touchline Tablet - More custom options.

The touchline tablet is a decent idea but the fact i can only have one or two details in such a massive on screen space is baffling, i have seen skins for the game change this and would honestly love to see it expanded on so i can have more than a miniscule pass map in a full screen length space.

34 minutes ago, theinfamousmielie said:

Yet another year where the starting staff member numbers at some club exceeds the game's opinion of how many of that type of staff the club should have.

For example Liverpool have 23 scouts but only "space" for 16. This means that I can't actually replace a scout with a different/better one until I've literally fired 7 scouts. I don't want to do that, because I shouldn't have to.

Dear SI, I love the game, but this is basic stuff. When you start a save, especially if the club is financially stable or rich, the max number of staff should never be less than the actual number of real life staff hired by the real life club. After some months, I don't mind if the board then suggests trimming the size or whatever, but if I want to switch out Joe Bloggs with a different scout I shouldn't be stopped from doing so. I shouldn't have to fire 7 scouts in order to replace one and end up with a 20% smaller scouting department.

There isn't anything in the DB when researching that details how many scouts you can have, so if I identify 23 that's how many I put in the game. Can you log it as a bug please - I agree with your logic on this

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

10 minutes ago, IgnorantLobster said:

Is there any reason players aren't called 'he' or 'him' any more? The game refers to individual players as 'they' and I keep thinking the game is talking about my squad, rather than one player.

Where are you seeing this?  I just scanned through a bunch of injury and news emails and they all say he/him. Can imagine that in some places SI might use a gender neutral text string in order to save parameterising it for men's/women's game, but haven't noticed it.

On a completely different subject - match graphics pre game for Champions League games look good - formation graphic and the walk out onto the pitch.  Draw graphics look good, but the draw itself seems really slow.

Edited by rp1966

56 minutes ago, theinfamousmielie said:

Took me 1.5 years of holiday to get a job offer, take the job at Conwy FC in Wales, all the staff is on 5-year contracts, they're absolutely horrid, and I can't hire any scouts because someone hired an absolutely useless Loan Manager and Technical Manager. I can't hire an assistant coach because I am limited to two coaches, and the game chose a GK coach with a 3-2-3 attributes and a fitness coach with a 2 in Fitness, so I'm doing pretty much ALL the coaching. 

13 minutes ago, Piperita said:

Just out of interest: Who won Qatar in your games? I had to laugh out loud when the finale was USA vs. Uruguay for me and while Uruguay at least struggled, the US went through relatively easy.

England beat USA. USA seemed strong beating some big sides

so….so far, do people think it will be okay to carry on a beta save even after full release. I’ve started so well on my game , don’t want to have to start again in 3 weeks time but I will if I have to 🥹

Edited by sufcdan

Just started playing as Burnley - got to Championship squad registration and I can't work out why I am going to have leave a player out when in real life Kompany has been able to register everyone :confused:

I disabled first transfer budget so haven't signed anyone new.

Don't know if other people have mentioned this but the 'Player Traits' box is really small and barely accessible in both Profile and Attributes screen. Btw I'm playing on 1920x1080. Hopefully this can be fixed soon.

46 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

Surely, the time and effort creating watches, rings and and other knick-knacks for our manager avatars would have been better spent elsewhere. The stadiums corners are crying out for a bit more variety, but instead - we get a scarf that floats above the managers head. 

Also, and I could be wrong, in previous games, couldn't we select the managers tie colour based on the club we were managing (e.g red/Liverpool, blue/Chelsea)? This option appears to have disappeared. 

I'm all for cosmetic improvement to enhance the match-day experience, but a watch and earring we're never going to really see outside of the manager set-up screen is not what I expected.

Wait until next year - our avatars will start off naked and we’ll be able to pick type and colour of underwear along with body hair before going on to fully cloth them!

5 hours ago, abcdf said:

Look at hendrick in 3 years. Barely gained anything on the technical side while getting a ridiculous +5 in strenght, +6 in composure and anticipation and +8 (!!!!) in decisions.

Wtf, this is a huge bug

I uploaded 2 pics so you can see it yourself

Endrick 1.PNG

Endrick 2.PNG

Eating a lot of spinach will do this for a young lad.

Plus he's in an evening chess club too.

Three things that are ever true for FM!

United are OP:

59c00493a7ba132f2b80d716a0738971.png

Silly formations work brilliantly:

58390fc0c3bdfbe5a71c2b69588a490f.png

And silly attack with high press and counter is brutal. Its started gelling last 6 o 7 games:

58eb3150a921c831b6e01e1a0d62778b.png

Love this glorious mess of a game.

Edited by harrycarrie

1 hour ago, Lempicka said:

Surely, the time and effort creating watches, rings and and other knick-knacks for our manager avatars would have been better spent elsewhere. The stadiums corners are crying out for a bit more variety, but instead - we get a scarf that floats above the managers head. 

Also, and I could be wrong, in previous games, couldn't we select the managers tie colour based on the club we were managing (e.g red/Liverpool, blue/Chelsea)? This option appears to have disappeared. 

I'm all for cosmetic improvement to enhance the match-day experience, but a watch and earring we're never going to really see outside of the manager set-up screen is not what I expected.

I like making me, and I did a great job of it last night, but today I look like an Indiana Jones / Nebula hybrid.

Which is mint, not going to lie.

But I imagine very unsuitable for Queen's University Belfast ")

Where do I find my f12 screenshots?

52 minutes ago, Piperita said:

Just out of interest: Who won Qatar in your games? I had to laugh out loud when the finale was USA vs. Uruguay for me and while Uruguay at least struggled, the US went through relatively easy.

Croatia. They beat France in the final. Also had Man City beat Chelsea in the UCL final. FM was big on rematches in the first season apparently :D

Kind of like the match engine - maybe i am just bad at managing but it seems like every single game you are up against the reincarnation of 1970 Brazil in the second half no matter who you are playing. First league game cruising 3 -1 away then goal 80 and goal 93 and 95 minutes against to lose. :lol:

4 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

So this is a weird one, but has anybody else noticed Liectenstein being OP?

20221022023106_1.thumb.jpg.dfd26f8b4b529ba7afcad15793f044dc.jpg

They've somehow moved up to 13th in the rankings. In the 26/27 season they were #5 overall, seems crazy! Still only the 1 Europa League place despite their new ranking though :D

FC Vaduz are having a great season in real life to be fair :lol:

5 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

They've somehow moved up to 13th in the rankings. In the 26/27 season they were #5 overall, seems crazy! Still only the 1 Europa League place despite their new ranking though :D

Have Vaduz had a tycoon takeover? If they have that ranking is plausible.

1 minute ago, s1111 said:

Have Vaduz had a tycoon takeover? If they have that ranking is plausible.

Nope. Although I'm not running the Swiss league so I'm not sure if that info would even be available. Although their landmarks show they won the Swiss Challenge League in 27/28, so either they set that impressive coefficient score in 26/27 while in the 2nd division, or in the same season as getting relegated. Crazy!

20221022024407_1.thumb.jpg.dc9daee0b2494428ac85a0ae7facb96c.jpg

10 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

20221022023106_1.thumb.jpg.dfd26f8b4b529ba7afcad15793f044dc.jpg

It's Scotland that worries me  ;-)

12 minutes ago, gavinski33 said:

I like making me, and I did a great job of it last night, but today I look like an Indiana Jones / Nebula hybrid.

Which is mint, not going to lie.

But I imagine very unsuitable for Queen's University Belfast ")

Where do I find my f12 screenshots?

image.thumb.jpeg.8d62af5cb7f576bcd41371b1ef0ef637.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.29ad53e287688a0d3a97ea64df9d55b3.jpeg

Found them :)

19 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Three things that are ever true for FM!

United are OP:

59c00493a7ba132f2b80d716a0738971.png

Silly formations work brilliantly:

58390fc0c3bdfbe5a71c2b69588a490f.png

And silly attack with high press and counter is brutal. Its started gelling last 6 o 7 games:

58eb3150a921c831b6e01e1a0d62778b.png

Love this glorious mess of a game.

Now do it with Notts Forest :thup:

2 hours ago, theinfamousmielie said:

I wonder how the bloody hell I got 6/4 performance analysts 

Just now, b.sinisa said:

Still no answer about no folder in My Documents and when adding graphics not showing in game

Verify integrity in steam by right clicking on the game > properties > local files then click on the "Verify integrity of game files" if you are on steam. 

As for the graphic - have you unticked cache in the options in game? 

Next time - please remember that nobody is obliged to respond to that kind of tone in the message. 

6 minutes ago, SazoJohnno said:

Verify integrity in steam by right clicking on the game > properties > local files then click on the "Verify integrity of game files" if you are on steam. 

As for the graphic - have you unticked cache in the options in game? 

Next time - please remember that nobody is obliged to respond to that kind of tone in the message. 

I didn't have any bad intentions and make a tone in the message :thup:

i did all above still no files 

Edited by b.sinisa

1 hour ago, sufcdan said:

so….so far, do people think it will be okay to carry on a beta save even after full release. I’ve started so well on my game , don’t want to have to start again in 3 weeks time but I will if I have to 🥹

I plan on continuing my Shamrock Rovers save and then likely starting a Newcastle run on release. I keep the same save most years without issue.

It looks like I don't meet the correct spec to run this years game. Is there much I can do about this apart from getting a new PC? I have bought the game and I keep getting an unknown error while updated football manager which I have seen people had a similar problem earlier in the forum which now looks like they have resolved. I have tried everything from updating my mac to unstalling FM. Can anybody help as I just want to play the new FM!