*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Administrators

The Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta is finally out (and the gifs can stop), so before you dive headfirst into your managerial suit/tracksuit/sheepskin, just a quick note to say if you’d like to leave some feedback about the Beta at any point, this is the place to do so.

Whilst we won’t be able to reply to everything posted, what we can assure you is that people from within our team will be reading and discussing your topics internally within the studio.

Please make sure that if you come across something you think is a bug, raise it in our Bug Tracker where our QA team can review it as quickly as possible.

If you have a technical issue, like say a crash or you’re unable to get into the game, please read our Technical FAQ which is filled with troubleshooting suggestions that should get you up and running.

What we try to ask every year is we please if you’re raising feedback, try and make it constructive. The full list of our traditional ground rules can be found below:

• Constructive feedback is helpful. Constructive doesn't necessarily mean positive, but at least give us your reasons. Help us to help you by giving details.
  • Respect other opinions. We don't expect you to always agree but take the time to read posts and respect their position.
  • Please take Tactical Discussion elsewhere. We've seen that these types of threads can see posts focused on the tactical side of the game and whilst this is interesting, it's much more appropriate discussion for our Tactics, Training and Strategies Discussion.
  • Don’t make it personal. Attacks and the like won’t be tolerated. SI Staff and our volunteer moderating team will engage where we can, but any abuse makes that much more unlikely.

Now I commend you if you’ve got this far, albeit I’m shocked you’re not already playing FM. Maybe you’re waiting for the download to finish? Regardless on behalf of everyone at SI, we hope you enjoy and come the end of the season the trophy cabinet is stuffed full of silverware!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, KillYourIdols said:

Tried 3-4 times. Does it depend where you got the beta from as to when it's live? I used Fanatical FWIW

It wasn't in Steam for you with a 'Will be released soon' button earlier? Then it's just you not having activated it yet I suppose

Just now, KillYourIdols said:

Tried 3-4 times. Does it depend where you got the beta from as to when it's live? I used Fanatical FWIW

I'd check with the retailer that beta access was included, it hasn't been with some in previous years. I've not heard of Fanatical so not sure what the situation is with them, I only use Steam. 

5 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

Can't even see it in steam tbh. UK.

If you have early access then you should be able to see it in the Steam Library, check your library again, could it be in the "Uncategorised Category"?

1 minute ago, metal_guitarist said:

I'd check with the retailer that beta access was included, it hasn't been with some in previous years. I've not heard of Fanatical so not sure what the situation is with them, I only use Steam. 

Fanatical has access. I have it in steam

I managed to download it easily for me.

I am gutted there is still only South African league in the African contintinent. 

Considering how many great players have come from Africa I wish Sigames/Sega would invest more into the African leagues.

I am off to start a Nottingham Forest save to see if I can survive the Prem.

4 minutes ago, Piperita said:

It appears to be an FM23 issue. I could install two other games (one old, one just bought) at the normal rate. Only FM refuses to download.

I could also install FM22 right now. Only FM23 times out.

• Neil Brock changed the title to *Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread (ft. Steam servers being very slow/down for now)
3 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Has anyone else had issues getting facepacks to work when transfering them over from FM2022 to FM2023?

I moved the folder over and reloaded skin but I can't see player faces.

Logos and kits seem to work fine though.

Any solution ?

I just renamed FM22 folder and removed the files that are not compatible

• Neil Brock changed the title to *Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

I'm excited, just setting up but still troubled by the avatar accessories......

So the new watch isn't visible in game and of the 14 attire options available at start up only one allows you to see the watch. Would it have been more cost effective just to ask us to imagine he was wearing a watch?