When's the BETA out speculation thread FM 21

3 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We've literally said here, on last night's stream and via Miles's twitter feed it's definitely not coming today or this weekend. I'm not sure how many times we have to say the same thing. We are not teasing :D 

fake SI, fake Neil, fake world!

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No beta on weekends was used in times of war to extract confessions until the Geneva convention banned it for its extreme cruelty.

Edited by Icy

26 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

They're going to release the Beta, the day the International break starts. 

We're going to need it. Two weeks of having to watch England? :ackter:

International break... means no United who are awful atm...but means England under Southgate..

Spider-Man-meme.jpeg

18 minutes ago, irish kopite said:

An unusual measure in unusual times. Bandwith is at a premium because the emergency services take priority so a weekend beta release, when demand has reduced, would make more sense? Just a thought.

Unfortunately not.

Monday is the earliest it will be released and it could be Wednesday or later if theres more work needed to be done. There were two bugs in the alpha build on the stream which I can't SI releasing without fixing. The first was a bug where in some games, the scorer of the first goal was credited with all other goals in the match, and the second was that the dugout disappeared and reappeared between highlights. There will be more bugs than that, and they'll want to fix any bug that is that obvious. 

3 minutes ago, decapitated said:

Unfortunately not.

Monday is the earliest it will be released and it could be Wednesday or later if theres more work needed to be done. There were two bugs in the alpha build on the stream which I can't SI releasing without fixing. The first was a bug where in some games, the scorer of the first goal was credited with all other goals in the match, and the second was that the dugout disappeared and reappeared between highlights. There will be more bugs than that, and they'll want to fix any bug that is that obvious. 

cant-here.gif

33 minutes ago, irish kopite said:

An unusual measure in unusual times. Bandwith is at a premium because the emergency services take priority so a weekend beta release, when demand has reduced, would make more sense? Just a thought.

If there's a critical bug that needs fixing, I imagine it's easier to fix it when the studio is working at full capacity, rather than during weekends.

My money is on Monday.

25 minutes ago, decapitated said:

Unfortunately not.

I understand but also don't. I was thinking earlier that if those two bugs are the reasons why it's not been turned to a beta yet. . Are so insignificant and don't affect gameplay at all

4 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I understand but also don't. I was thinking earlier that if those two bugs are the reasons why it's not been turned to a beta yet. . Are so insignificant and don't affect gameplay at all

Fwiw, the goalscorer bug was also on FM19 even after the spring update

Edited by Domoboy23

32 minutes ago, decapitated said:

Unfortunately not.

A friend tells me that he thought Life of Brian was a stupid movie. - GIF  on Imgur

12 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

and yet you'll still see this thread littered with "game literally unplayable" within hours after the beta drops

just because apparently it's not an issue for you, doesn't mean that it's not an issue for others
namely reviewers, who crucify a game on release, and then sours it completely (looking at you "No Man's Sky")

Edited by samdiatmh

7 minutes ago, samdiatmh said:

and yet you'll still see this thread littered with "game literally unplayable" within hours after the beta drops

just because apparently it's not an issue for you, doesn't mean that it's not an issue for others
namely reviewers, who crucify a game on release, and then sours it completely (looking at you "No Man's Sky")

fun-police.gif

6 minutes ago, samdiatmh said:

Not this thread, this thread is full of the people who anticipate the flaws and accept the pre release beta for what it is.

A chance to give feedback and help si make the best game year on year.