Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

2 hours ago, srvngrc said:

Is there an easy way to decrease vision an passing of all defenders in database by pre-game editor?

The long ball bug is really annoying. Maybe this can solve it a bit.

Would be an interesting experiment. Here's how I've done them (still do).

Go into the official data editor (to be downloaded via Steam under Tools, usually).

Filter players by the country they are based in (e.g. England if you're managing in England).

Now this draws a big big list. Thus alternatively, you may narrow that down by entering conditions such as only players of at least reputation, say, 80, 100.

HOLD SHIFT KEY, click on the first player, scroll down to the last Player and left click him, RELEASE SHIFT KEY. This will mark all players on the list and allow you to edit them all within a single click.

Click edit. Edit the attributes to what you desire. As so many players are edited at once, this will take a while. It can appear as if the editor would freeze, but eventually, they're edited.

Edited by Svenc

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Johnnym871 said:

The fact the game has been out for 47 days Means you would have had to play this game for 10.6 hours a day. The average job is 8 hours per day, and the average human sleeps for 8 hours a day. 24-16 gives you 8 hours free time. You're definitely afking these hours

image.thumb.png.300ef6f265abb5a928464254705c386c.png

image.thumb.png.0897413a9cab7d7adb5a30cb3bf26890.png

Plus a good few hours in the last few days in offline mode which helps with the lag on the 3D engine. Thankfully, I've had a lot of time off work during this period, so I've been able to invest some real time in it. 

afking (sic) it though, eh?

4 hours ago, XOTWOD said:

why the tackles stats in FM 20 are so unrealistic while compared to FM 19?

in FM 20 its dominated by wingbacks, while in real life DM are usually on the list on par with wingbacks.

As you can see in the attached, FM 20 defenders recorded almost 7 tackles per game, I dont think it is realistic and in real life top defensive midfield they barely record 5, usually 4-4.5 per game

872790_20191218210745_1.png

1100600_20191218232731_1.png

Screenshot_20191218-234318_Chrome.jpg

Tackling seems to be far too effective throughout the team , both for the player and AI. Looking at the stats, shows everyone bar the forwards with 100% tackle success rates. I recall playing a sky bet one league team where their winger with a rating of 5 under Tackling had 14/14 tackles made

Edited by Serptimo
spelling

41 minutes ago, Serptimo said:

I recall playing a sky bet one league team where their winger with a rating of 5 under Tackling had 14/14 tackles made

I reported the exact same thing in FM19 - in fact a team from the German sixth or seventh division, all with absurdly high tackling numbers and % won

58 minutes ago, Cadoni said:

Typicall FM19. I am not the FC Porto, but FC Aris.

I saw many posts complain about the same for FM20.

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.01249bece7794e7344afe95f679a1c73.png

79253268_732885960554160_253027570063245

Not sure if yours is FM19 or FM20 - but here's one of mine similar from yesterday (no I'm not St. Mirren). This happens in 9/10 games, you dominate the game in every aspect but you barely scrape a win, or you're subjected to a draw or a loss like this. You can have 30 shots on target and still struggle as their goalkeeper turns into Stretch Armstrong.

The main issue with 1v1s, for me, is the question of if they’re legitimate chances, that just aren’t being scored when they should, or we’re just having too many manufactured, which is why they’re being missed. I hope that makes sense. This is what would have an effect on results - sure, I’m losing some off tactics and elements of the game, but if the situation is the former listed above, then I’m also losing because my chances aren’t being scored when they should be. 

1 hour ago, JakeLeeYes said:

Can you imagine paying a plumber to install a new boiler and when it’s not heating up as much as it should he says “Ah well it’s just not that simplistic.”

If the boiler is not heating because of the way it is designed, then yes I can easily imagine just that. The plumber will not start changing parts in an installed boiler without first making sure what other effects the parts might have.

What I can't imagine though, is what the eff people are thinking when they're making these comparisons.. :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

I think my pc would be out the window if that was me.

Same, but apparently for my side having played no much Football at all.

21 Rangers Corners is the vital clue here what was going on (14 too in the other match). Which is a set piece Festival, as that doesn't include the inevitable dfks, idfks and throw-ins, all resulting in SOT too easily -- but vitally such that aren't converted that often. The average shot off the set piece is a Header under pressure. Mind you, FM sees some more set piece Play than Football Matches in General imo. Contribute to that tactically, and all you will see is crosses lumped into the box from the Corner, free kick and throw-in, whilst your side creates Little consistently from actually open Play.

Edited by Svenc

I just had a youth player sold from under me by the chairman. Brighton made about 5 offers and eventually the chairman bit...

I think it would be a good feature if, given the interest was obvious following multiple offers, the chairman could approach you and say something like 'Look, I know you want to keep him but if the offer gets up to XXXXXX then we are going to have to sell'

Maybe you could say 'no here is my plan for him' or 'would you hold out for YYYYYY (bit more)' etc

And it also gives you an idea it's going to happen

obviously certain chairmen might be horrible and not tell you, but certain ones might be nice and do so

My thought was that I play a 1 striker formation so I have a main striker, a decent reserve and the youth option in the squad - given that I've just had a month with 11 games, losing one of those players is obviously a significant issue - surely a semi-responsible owner would give you a clue in real life

11 minutes ago, joemez1193 said:

Fantastic post - it's ridiculous that such obvious match engine flaws have made it into the end product. It's like a car manufacturer spotting a fault in its Engine Management System, but continuing the production line in nothing but blind faith that it won't be noticed.

No it is nothing like that. It's more like a car manufacturer spotting a fault in its engine management system, then trying to fix the fault and making a recall only after the fix has been carefully tested.

And car manufacturers have certainly released models with much bigger problems - not that the car analogy would actually have anything to do with computer games.

Edited by Mikke

I don't know how this game is in higher divisions, but playing LLM in FM20 is absolutely atrocious.

There are very few "real" goals being scored, on both ends. Most of the goals my team concedes are of the "defender gets scared, runs away from the striker instead of tackling him" variety. Most of my team's goals are of the fluke variety, because God forbid my 17-pace/acc/finishing loanee from an EPL club score ANY of the 20x 1v1s he creates every game.

Despite this and the latest patch, the number of mid-jump volleys from 40 yards that land straight into the top right corner is astounding for L2.

4 minutes ago, rinso said:

imagine knowing you know more than people with degrees and years of work/on job experience... 

ok why is the boiler not heating up as expected? pressure? installation? pipes? oh wait, you mean there is a fault but there can be multiple causes for it? and changing one thing can cause faults elsewhere? wow. that's almost like simulating a ME in a football manager game.. ya change a little piece of code,, hoping to tweak something, and all hell breaks loose, it changes transfers, board reactions, player loyalty and not to mention what it does to the advertising hoardings on the pitch... 

SI do their damndest every year to get the game out in the best shape possible, and also do their damndest to correct and update for issues that are found. how many other companies do this? no game is ever perfect, or bug free..

About every company that release a grand strategy game, FM are the game I play that get the least attention to bug fixing, patching and updates

2 minutes ago, Dissepointed said:

About every company that release a grand strategy game, FM are the game I play that get the least attention to bug fixing, patching and updates

November 18th game released.. 

Dec 18th, game is 20.2.1, so, thatt means AT LEAST 3 patches released within the first month.. how many more games know in advance that within 2 months thier database will be outdated and plan for it, and release an update for it to cover that? 

1 minute ago, rinso said:

November 18th game released.. 

Dec 18th, game is 20.2.1, so, thatt means AT LEAST 3 patches released within the first month.. how many more games know in advance that within 2 months thier database will be outdated and plan for it, and release an update for it to cover that? 

Mate, how many strategy games do you really play?

3 patches since 18th November, and they are patches. Other game has content updates for free alot more than once a year. You dont have to defend FM, this is really nothing to discuss. Its so evident, just go and play other strategy games. You see the patches and bug fixes are continues all through the year and with often free content updates

5 hours ago, profii said:

I just had a youth player sold from under me by the chairman. Brighton made about 5 offers and eventually the chairman bit...

I think it would be a good feature if, given the interest was obvious following multiple offers, the chairman could approach you and say something like 'Look, I know you want to keep him but if the offer gets up to XXXXXX then we are going to have to sell'

Maybe you could say 'no here is my plan for him' or 'would you hold out for YYYYYY (bit more)' etc

And it also gives you an idea it's going to happen

obviously certain chairmen might be horrible and not tell you, but certain ones might be nice and do so

My thought was that I play a 1 striker formation so I have a main striker, a decent reserve and the youth option in the squad - given that I've just had a month with 11 games, losing one of those players is obviously a significant issue - surely a semi-responsible owner would give you a clue in real life

Mine has sold my entire youth team the last 2 windows. Just the rubbish 1 and 2 star players are left. He then tried to sell 3 of my better players at 11pm on transfer deadline day. I just took over the bidding clubs and cancelled them. 

The level of interference is almost game ruining. 

I wouldn't mind but he accepts rubbish deals to teams a league below us! 

Edited by kiwityke1983

9 hours ago, Mikke said:

No it is nothing like that. It's more like a car manufacturer spotting a fault in its engine management system, then trying to fix the fault and making a recall only after the fix has been carefully tested.

And car manufacturers have certainly released models with much bigger problems - not that the car analogy would actually have anything to do with computer games.

Well no because you would not release a car without any wheels now would you ? Because the car will work but not go anywhere . Seems pretty close to some games ive come across

5 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Mine has sold my entire youth team the last 2 windows. Just the rubbish 1 and 2 star players are left. He then tried to sell 3 of my better players at 11pm on transfer deadline day. I just took over the bidding clubs and cancelled them. 

The level of interference is almost game ruining. 

I wouldn't mind but he accepts rubbish deals to teams a league below us! 

What team are you playing?

1 hour ago, Burnley92 said:

Strange that worthy comments are being deleted. SI should understand that overzealous 'mods' can be brand damaging to their community as much as a poor ME can.

I've played thousands of hours since FM08, but I fear the community element has passed and it is now just another game made by just another company.

SI, it's been emotional, but I'm out.

There was a perfectly good, civil response to Neil Brock's post that's now been deleted.

I'm not sure I would count this as a bug but Ii don't know if anyone else get's things like this.  I have 2 strikers vying for one position up top and both doing pretty well but one is doing slightly better than the other so starts the majority of the games.  Morelos, the striker playing second fiddle has been subject to a loan offer from Real Madrid all window.  However, they have made the same identical offer for him about 18 times.  Each time they offer 100% of wages but no fee and no option to buy.  I always counter each offer with I want £3m a month fee playing/non-playing and they always withdraw the offer.  I have been consistent with an identical response each time, however, their offer has never changed once.  I don't understand the logic behind the game thinking that just repeating the same offer is going to suddenly make me change my mind and it's had no affect on Morelos either.

I would have thought the AI would have some level of understanding that it would have to change it's offer to at least meet me half way as opposed to just repeat the same offer 18 times.  It's the Jan window and they have made that offer 6 times in 3 days as we come to the end of the window.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Tiger666:

There was a perfectly good, civil response to Neil Brock's post that's now been deleted.

I don't know which one you mean, but to be fair a lot of them just repeat other posts with more and worse analogies and adding some digs against the developers. Most of the critical feedback is still visible, because it is within the forum rules. 

For example, just to quote a long post and adding "I agree" does not add anything and there is an upvote option for that.

I've argued before for a "feedback on moderation" thread somewhere on this forum. The mods have pointed me out to sega's email which obviously isn't direct enough and sega most likely have much more to look at. I still see no reason why we can't have that on the same forum like many other forums do. 

I've had a perfectly valid opinion removed and on the same page there was a meme. Ok sure then...

I still argue FM need a competitor to shake things up. 

6 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

7 hours ago, Delvi said:

I think it would be great to have the game polished without introducing new features every year.

Yup and the already later than usual release date this year along with a game breaking bug just tells me the game feels rushed. I say "feels" because maybe it wasn't and they made a genuine mistake. Still doesn't help the game. 

The game wouldn't suffer if SI took another extra month. Release in December with all bugs fixed. There's no competitor on the market anyways. Who doesn't want a working game, albeit a bit later? 

3 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I don't know which one you mean, but to be fair a lot of them just repeat other posts with more and worse analogies and adding some digs against the developers. Most of the critical feedback is still visible, because it is within the forum rules. 

For example, just to quote a long post and adding "I agree" does not add anything and there is an upvote option for that.

It was quite a lengthy response, posted last night, from somebody stating how disappointed they were with Neil's post. I don't recall it being rude or derogatory in any way and had received enough upvotes to be blue. It now seems to have been deleted.

Edited by Tiger666

3 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

The mods have pointed me out to sega's email which obviously isn't direct enough and sega most likely have much more to look at. I still see no reason why we can't have that on the same forum like many other forums do. 

We will have pointed you toward the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page. That goes to SI, not Sega.

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

To argue that SI needs a competitor is ok, but why on this forum? You can't find possible competitors here.

Fair enough, but I can't go on EA's forum or Konami and do that. They would laugh at me and continue their gambling abuse that's FIFA/PES. My statement was more of a general sentiment of a little frustrated times. 

5 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

We will have pointed you toward the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page. That goes to SI, not Sega.

Huh ok. Misremembered that email I guess. 

On 18/11/2019 at 19:44, Neil Brock said:

We're absolutely delighted to announce the full release of Football Manager 2020 now, and what better place for you to talk about it than our feedback thread here? All we ask is please keep any feedback constructive. 

This is the full release which, whilst similar to the Pre-Release Beta contains some important updates, optimisations and of course the release of the Pre-Game Editor. 

As always, if you find any issues with the game please do take the time to raise them via the Football Manager 2020 Bugs Forum

Going to quote this again because it feels that despite being over 88 pages in, it's not being listened to. It's not about positive or negative but constructive. You cannot expect to have discourse if you can't be civil and leave behind the digs at SI and each other. This basic call is not something that should have to repeated almost every day on the forum. We're in a situation where less and less devs come here because of the nature of this forum, and that isn't good for anyone. The tribalism and the side taking needs to stop. Ultimately, moderation is a reaction to your actions on here. So let's please please cut it out, keep it on topic and keep it civil. 

15 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Going to quote this again because it feels that despite being over 88 pages in, it's not being listened to. It's not about positive or negative but constructive. You cannot expect to have discourse if you can't be civil and leave behind the digs at SI and each other. This basic call is not something that should have to repeated almost every day on the forum. We're in a situation where less and less devs come here because of the nature of this forum, and that isn't good for anyone. The tribalism and the side taking needs to stop. Ultimately, moderation is a reaction to your actions on here. So let's please please cut it out, keep it on topic and keep it civil. 

I don't understand what you expect really, people on this forum are passionate about the game and are annoyed the product has come with an error-prone match engine. Would you rather people not actually care? Because the day that happens, is the day SI are curtains.

We pre-order the game every year and give feedback on the game, and if you want a good feedback thread then I suggest looking internally for the reasons why people are behaving negatively.

The only way SI can salvage this is by releasing a patch fix before Christmas, otherwise a lot of unhappy new users on Christmas Day are going to quickly figure out the issues with the match engine and the negative feedback will only grow.

Edited by bahrami

1 minute ago, bahrami said:

The only way SI can salvage this is by releasing a patch fix before Christmas, otherwise a lot of unhappy users are going to quickly figure out the issues with the match engine and the negative feedback will only grow.

Neil has already addressed this : 

And again - it's not about 'good' or 'negative' feedback. It's about some civility. Insulting users, mods or SI isn't on. Destructive posts, isn't on. Constructive posts are welcome, whether positive or negative.

5 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Neil has already addressed this : 

Thanks, didn't see that. 

The openness is great, but this is the last time I'll be buying Football Manager blindly, I'm going to wait until I see the feedback verdict for the next one.

Back to Football Manager 2019 it is.

Edited by bahrami

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Vali184 said:

Tell me about it. I got muted and warned for 'insulting another member', which I clearly didn't unless I have dementia. I sent an email to support asking for proof of my insults and got no response. It's pretty simple to copy-paste and show it to me.

I wanted to report that mod for unfair treatment and favoritism, but it's pointless.

There was no favouritism, we've been extremely clear with you both via these forums and I personally sent an email in response to the one you contacted us with outlying exactly why you were warned. Throwing accusations of unfair treatment when we've been nothing but open with you isn't on. If you have concerns with the forums and the moderation a feedback thread for FM20 is simply not the place for it. Use the 'Contact Us' form at the bottom of the forums instead please.

Thanks. 

2 часа назад, Tiger666 сказал:

I was suprised too why it was deleted. This was a really good point about politics of ME update.

1 час назад, andu1 сказал:

On a positive note, it's 19th Dec and I have a feeling that we will have an update soon. They always release a Christmas update and the time-frame is just right. 

Well it's usually update xx.2 and it was released earlier in this year. I really want to see new update in this week but honestly its difficult to believe in this for me. It will be great to be wrong in this :) 

4 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

I was suprised too why it was deleted. This was a really good point about politics of ME update.

Well it's usually update xx.2 and it was released earlier in this year. I really want to see new update in this week but honestly its difficult to believe in this for me. It will be great to be wrong in this :) 

Yeah... i didn't saw Neil's post from yesterday in which he states it's unlikely they will update the ME until the holidays. I'm gutted as I enjoyed the game much more on 20.1.4. And i still don't underestand why 20.2 ME is considered better than 20.1 ME,  just because the wingers didn't cross the ball enough? now we have so many 1 v 1 misses per game, i don't even want to touch the game until march, when they will probably update the ME.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Vali184 said:

Sorry, but I didn't receive any emails besides the automatic one when you ask for support. 

And the fact that you've been extremely clear with me is obviously a lie when I still don't know why I got warned for 'insulting another forum member'.

I'm getting the email re-sent now, but when you got the warning you would have received a message into your Private Messages from the moderating team. As said, this isn't the place to have this discussion so if you have any further thoughts use the contact us option.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, JakeLeeYes said:

Really disappointed And absolutely shocked by this statement. 

You’ve taken £40 from every single one of us and then said you can’t fix the faults anytime soon because “it’s not that simplistic.” 

Can you imagine paying a plumber to install a new boiler and when it’s not heating up as much as it should he says “Ah well it’s just not that simplistic.” 

FM19 was really good for me so I spent £40 on the next game in the series expecting to get, at the very least, the same level of game. It is honestly, for me and many others, unplayable it’s current state and there seems to be no urgency to get it fixed. It’s also the most expensive PC game that I own.

If you’re going to charge £40 for a game, the very least you can do is fix it as soon as faults arise. It may not be straight forward but for £40 you should offer a certain level of service. This is not a £5 indie early alpha game.

The fault with one on ones is such a huge element of the game that directly affects the user experience. It’s not just something little and aesthetic. It’s also something that should have been picked up on long before the game was even released in Beta. You only need to play one or two games with a lone striker to see that it’s an issue. 

It is extremely disappointing to be in this situation with any game, let alone one from a company we all have such an affinity for. 

We don't feel the match engine is broken, unplayable or needs 'fixing'. We'd like to improve it and that's what we're working on.

We released the Pre-Release Beta with a match engine, got feedback and made adjustments to improve certain areas, but as we've said elsewhere making changes has the potential for knock-ons. We still feel the balance and the output of the match engine (in terms of results, goals per game etc) are very close to real life. We've said there are some areas of the game we feel could improve further if we can and that's what we're working on currently. 

20 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Yeah... i didn't saw Neil's post from yesterday in which he states it's unlikely they will update the ME until the holidays. I'm gutted as I enjoyed the game much more on 20.1.4. And i still don't underestand why 20.2 ME is considered better than 20.1 ME,  just because the wingers didn't cross the ball enough? now we have so many 1 v 1 misses per game, i don't even want to touch the game until march, when they will probably update the ME.

Well somethings weird as im hearing all about these 1 V 1 misses yet im not experiencing them at all ? Am I the only one 

17 минут назад, prot651 сказал:

Well somethings weird as im hearing all about these 1 V 1 misses yet im not experiencing them at all ? Am I the only one 

No, I finish a lot of 1vs1 too. People angry about how many 1vs1 happen because all teams play high DL despite their tactical settings. Marking is really strange, single striker runs forward and both CB just ignore him and looks like CB can't read route of air balls.
Also pressure is broken, AI team just stay and watching as my team take a ball and using long passing forward (take into account I dont use long passing in TI) , but in this example AI manager has counter pressure style lol, etc issues which a lot of time noticed there . After Neil Brock's message nothing to say more. Me is fine, all is fine, all issues just a little cosmetic bugs I guess, nothing serious. What people don't want to play in this game and wasting own time in this thread - just weird mates or someting like this :idiot::D

Edited by Novem9

9 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

No, I finish a lot of 1vs1 too. People angry about how many 1vs1 happen because all teams play high DL despite their tactical settings. Marking is really strange, single striker runs forward and both CB just ignore him and looks like CB can't read route of air balls.
Also pressure is broken, AI team just stay and watching as my team take a ball and using long passing forward (take into account I dont use long passing in TI) , but in this example AI manager has counter pressure style lol, etc issues which a lot of time noticed there . After Neil Brock's message nothing to say more. Me is fine, all is fine, all issues just a little cosmetic bugs I guess, nothing serious. What people don't want to play in this game and wasting own time in this thread - just weird mates or someting like this :idiot::D

I always thought that FM17 had the best match engine so im a little bemused that it seems to have gone a bit backwards . But everyones different I guess in what they are seeing and experiencing . I am sure SI are doing there best but I still prefer FM17 as a match day game