Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Just curious, but why? Devs had already posted, in this same thread, saying that ME fixes would be very unlikely to be out before Christmas. I doubt very much that they'd suddenly change their mind within 24-48 hours.

Oh I didn't saw this

If the ME changes  will be  in the 1.1.2020 I will very  happy.. I just hope we dont have  to wait until March 

But I said before, I don't think this ME is broken.. I think it's good, just little tweaks in the balls over the top and 1v1 conversion 

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Delvi:

I am an avid Civilization player, besides playing with football manager type of games since Player Manager of Dino Dini for Anco (yes I'm that old :kriss:).

Man, Player Manager that was a great game, it made me keep my Amiga way longer than necessary, still playing it and designing new pathings for my Players when i had long switched to PC Gamin for every other thing.

Ok and The Settler aka Serf City aka Die Siedler, that way better than the PC Version.

After the Patch i see no change in Player behavior so there was not ME Change.

And man, my run this time is ridiculous successful with the cheapest Team i got since ever in my low league CaC Career - maybe i can get promoted b4 the Winter break... :D

Quick question.

I would like to recommend small quality of life fix. Should i post it in bugs or new features?

It would be amazing if the screen where you can choose your first team players to play u23 or u18 would stay open, not close one by one.

image.thumb.png.28f042b1ab3a1b011969e772be6b0c22.png

BTW alt+S not working for SS anymore?

vor 16 Minuten schrieb saihtam:

Quick question.

I would like to recommend small quality of life fix. Should i post it in bugs or new features?

It would be amazing if the screen where you can choose your first team players to play u23 or u18 would stay open, not close one by one.

BTW alt+S not working for SS anymore?

Alt+s.
If you're having Steam overlay active you can just press F12 and use Steam.

There is already a bug report/feature request about the first one. It's possible to select multiple players, but you cannot set different playing times at once.

24 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Alt+s.
If you're having Steam overlay active you can just press F12 and use Steam.

There is already a bug report/feature request about the first one. It's possible to select multiple players, but you cannot set different playing times at once.

Yes multiple players is possible to pick, but everytime you pick a player this pop up screen needs to be open again.

It's also made me rethink buying the next iteration quite so soon.

In fact I'd pre-ordered like the last 4 iterations as I get them as a B-day present from my GF, and while I've got 160 hours in FM20 a lot of that has just been utter frustration and trying to persevere.

At this point I'd prefer being issued a refund and I may buy the game at a later date, but that's not likely to be an option.

On 18/12/2019 at 22:07, enricoix said:

Release a game bug free (or at least at minimum). Personally I prefer to wait more than getting the game at a buggy state.

Considering the  complexity of the ME, that's pretty much an impossible thing to ask. The only way to do this is to create an ME that perfectly replicates football and I'm fairly sure that can't be done because of the randomness of the sport.

2 hours ago, Kev Gee said:

I'm trying to find a tactic that will defeat the 1 on 1 issue.

Would probably require:-

Crosses into box

Long shots

Pass rather than shoot

I'm trying to find some of these options/individual instructions but I'm struggling.

I've got pass down the flanks, try more long shots. But it doesn't seem to make much difference.

I played some more matches earlier were there was also some 3 on 1 situations and the player shot straight at the keeper when the other 2 were in space and 6 yards out.

Sigh.... 

Try turning the tempo down and not worrying about it too much. 

6 minutes ago, bleventozturk said:

Bumping up the issue with no free-kick goals. I just watched highlights of about 20 AI vs AI matches, and I realized that I have not seen a single direct free kick attempt. I'm surprised that nobody even mentioned that the direct free-kicks are completely gone from the highlights. Do they even happen?? After free kicks being way overpowered in FM19, now we went completely the other way and we don't even see one?

Again, I mean no disrespect to SI, or Neil, but there are just so many things wrong with the ME at the moment, it makes you completely oversee/not notice some others. This ME really feels like a beta version that is at the early stages of it's development. Ideally this ME should not be presented as a finished product imo, considering the certain standard that SI has been providing for so many years.

I've never scored one. Come to think of it I don't think I've ever seen my team take one. I'm in Jan of first season and not many have been scored.

Capture.thumb.PNG.d28c3157400beeeb9c85e100d6d67643.PNG

3 hours ago, LordAEM said:

to REBUILD/REVAMP the Match-Engine or just build a complete new one. Everyone acts like the 1vs1's are new, 1v1s have been horrendous for several years.

From my end, this does not apply. It's just that the main coder/s sees things a different way than most FM'ers do (plus Football commentary + punditry)

I also believe that a keeper is in quite a strong position when faced with a one on one as he can engage the attacker and close the angle. This isn't a possibility for him with the majority of shots he will face

And this is absolutely true. When balancing this, they should still re-check with their football partnerships in football analysis. This goes for any kind of chance when modelling it into the game. This is very important, as this is football's main DNA, why it is such an ultra low scoring sports on average, why it has the dynamics it has -- and why it has developed the tactics and match strategies that we see nowadays (all being equally viable under various conditions). :) 

Speaking of which, data like that would be also useful when analysing things in future editions. Perhaps even when balancing things.

https://www.optasportspro.com/news-analysis/blog-shots-pressure-clarity-and-the-premier-league/

Edited by Svenc

I'd suspended my first FM20 save until some of the fundamental issues that are detracting from my enjoyment are addressed. However, out of curiosity I just rolled the dice on the latest patch.

For me, the game is faster between matches so thats a big positive, no improvement on the jittery 3d match for my i7, Quad Core, 32G Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB so that remains a frustration.....

I know the official word on the forum is absolutely no changes to the ME but when you've spent 468hrs watching something intently and then immediately post patch see several things behaving quite differently it leaves you scratching your head. 

54 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Also just noticed a few other stats.

FM19 January Chances Created - Watford 44
FM19 January Dribbles Per Game - Liverpool 9

18.thumb.PNG.a7d23516eda276fcaec6983569a7ad64.PNG

FM20 January Chances Created - Liverpool 100
FM20 Dribbles Per Game - Man City 24

20.thumb.PNG.6cf82605bf05fa09e5f94dbb991a0f8d.PNG

There are far too many chances and dribbles in FM20. Nearly twice as many tackles too. It's not unplayable, it may give realistic scores and results, but there are certainly issues here that need to be sorted out.

it has a direct impact on the issue I mentioned here, the game creates so much chances now, attacks are so heavily favored

2 hours ago, CharlesJohnsson said:

Same for me.

2 hours ago, Karl Krammer (KK) said:

I have the same opinion

I really feel the mods’ pain sometimes. How many times do they have to remind people to use the upvote button. 

(Cue someone replying to this, “I agree”;))

6 hours ago, saihtam said:

Size does not always = number changes. One small change somewhere could mean part of something must be uploaded together, patching does not mean that they are adding things to game files.

There have been games where 5-10gb patches have been and change log is very small.

Exactly. One bug might be fixed, but it took a lot of coding changes, and so requires a big patch just for itself. The data size of a patch is never really a true indication of the number of changes in the patch.

1 hour ago, warlock said:

If I can have one wish for Christmas... most of the problems with the ME could be fixed with one change: reduce the accuracy of long balls over the top. Any team should be able to play that way, but only the very best players in the world should be able to drop a 60-yard pass at the feet of an on-rushing striker or AM. The problem right now is that most of those long balls are ridiculously accurate. If more of them were realistically inaccurate there'd be an immediate reduction in one-on-one chances, and - hopefully - the AI would recognise the futility of playing that way.

100%.

I don't want long-balls to suddenly become useless, but like you said their effectiveness should be linked to both the passer and defenders attributes.

I want to play with opportunist punts into the channels that fast strikers can capitalise on. It's just seeing my Vanarama CB be able to ping an immaculate 60 yard ball into feet time and time again just feels cheap. 

That comes on to another point - i feel the game lacks any real physicality. Players are reluctant to play any ball that might result in a 50:50 or even 70:30 against the defender. If I have a strong striker, let me play into feet and watch the defenders bounce off him, he doesn't need to offload with a haphazard shot as soon as one is within 10 yards. 

My feedback is work is needed mainly on the ME like most people say, bad defence resulting in a high amount of chances and on top of that strikers cant score like 90% of the time, either hitting the keeper straight or missing the goal completely.

These issues make it unenjoyable and I think too much effort was given to redesign menus of things that were already in the game.

If we have to wait till march every year for obvious problems to be fixed, why even buy it full price in november, maybe I should wait 6 months and buy it then.

This update model with only 2 big updates for the whole year is gonna drive people away, cause too much time passes between the updates and when theres things making the game extremely unrealistic its frustrating.

Much better would be to focus fully on the ME and roll out update every week if possible for the first month ironing out at least the big problems and after that we can wait the march update with finishing touches and transfers.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, La bamba said:

No goalkeepers aren't op at all...

https://gyazo.com/345108dfad4fc59569fa7c58351d4f75

How many of those are headers and similar from the set piece, and do you think those should be converted more regularly, and if so why? SOT aren't all that telling as to FM, unfortunately. They won't be even once SI are done patching the 1vs1s, as this has been a long-term Thing and a separate topic.

It's Always been easy getting tons of SOT that have limited chance of conversion in-game, and which the keeper easily picks up left Right and centre. This should be probably a tad harder.

Edited by Svenc

5 hours ago, warlock said:

2. Could you stop my players from needlessly keeping a ball in play when letting it run out would result in a goal kick, or corner, or throw-in for my team? In particular, could you stop this behaviour when the result is an easy chance on goal for the AI?

This!

I can somehow accept the long balls over the top, the missing 1 on 1 chances and not passing to a teammate for an easy tap-in, but this is the most frustrating thing for me.

I had a situation where my player is chasing the ball and he could just cross it to someone in the box but he just kept the ball and opponent took the ball easy and there is a good counter attack from them.

Its good that theres another Key position who can have crucial affect in game results. I mean gk's. In older fm's there was really st's, longshots (usually middlefielders), or corners and freekicks where dc usually shines. At the moment its just match engine makes things look worse than they are. 3-4 saved breakaways, no pressure shots saved. It looks unrealistic but in fact game is saying gk is having a good game or attacker a bad day etc. Numbers and the logic are fine but how the match engine represents it is bad. I really hope they get ME patch out soon.

Good holidays everyone and SI folks!!

Edited by Pasonen

This is absolutely ridiculous. 2-3 of my players against the keeper and they keep missing clear chances. And I am talking about 10 at least each game. No passing to make easy goals and keep shooting from the sides. Wtf is this. We payed and we anticipate a decent game not this. Fix it ASAP!!!!

20 minutes ago, Lazarus™ said:

This is absolutely ridiculous. 2-3 of my players against the keeper and they keep missing clear chances. And I am talking about 10 at least each game. No passing to make easy goals and keep shooting from the sides. Wtf is this. We payed and we anticipate a decent game not this. Fix it ASAP!!!!

•  

They are working on a fix thats probably coming next year.

8 hours ago, warlock said:

most of the problems with the ME could be fixed with one change: reduce the accuracy of long balls over the top

I completely disagree with this. If it was that simple, SI would have done it already. Also I don't think that accuracy is the main problem here. Should it be lower? Probably, but it wouldn't change that much if centre backs keep ignoring strikers making runs and taking so much much to turn around to chase the runner. Currently the ball doesn't even have to be crazy accurate, just lump it forward behind the defensive line and you have few seconds advantage over defenders because not only did they ignore the run in the first place but also turning takes so much time.

8 hours ago, warlock said:

If I can have one wish for Christmas... most of the problems with the ME could be fixed with one change: reduce the accuracy of long balls over the top. Any team should be able to play that way, but only the very best players in the world should be able to drop a 60-yard pass at the feet of an on-rushing striker or AM. The problem right now is that most of those long balls are ridiculously accurate. If more of them were realistically inaccurate there'd be an immediate reduction in one-on-one chances, and - hopefully - the AI would recognise the futility of playing that way.

But since it's Christmas, perhaps I could have three wishes? So in addition to the above, I'd like these, please, Santa:

2. Could you stop my players from needlessly keeping a ball in play when letting it run out would result in a goal kick, or corner, or throw-in for my team? In particular, could you stop this behaviour when the result is an easy chance on goal for the AI?

3. I have, in the past, complained about attacking headers in the AI penalty area. Anywhere else on the pitch, my players can knock-down a header to a player two yards away. Yet in the opposition area, almost every header is a flat or rising header towards goal. If you have an attacking player in the AI area who is taller than about 6ft and less than 5 yards from goal, the header will always go over the bar. Only if he is more than 5 yards from goal (or a midfield midget) will the header produce a save or goal. Every year for the last three years, the last patch has solved the issue, and every year a new version repeats the same problem. The latest patch for FM20 has made the problem worse than ever, with a great many headers being wildly inaccurate.

These are my wishes, SIanta. I have no problem with the rate of scoring one-on-ones, no problem with the number of penalties or the scoring rate of penalties, no problem with scoring from free-kicks (either direct or indirect), no problem with clever through-balls around the area, no problem with wide players crossing too much or not enough, no problem with wide players shooting into the side netting (because these really are tactical issues). I promise I've been a good boy this year, and I promise I'll be sleeping when you arrive (or at least, faking it!) Thank you.

I just love it when every player in the game turned out to drop that pass that just Messi can in real life :)

Is it just me, or do some PPMs seem to have no impact on player behaviour whatsoever? 

I did some experimenting with adding "Looks for pass rather than attempting to score" via the editor to a few relevant players (wide and central) and didn't notice it change a player's decision making once in a full season.

Also have yet to see anyone attempt to lob the keeper despite having that PPM.

"Comes deep to get ball" seems to work to an extent, although for strikers it is usually more like "Comes deep to get ignored and the ball whacked into space behind him regardless of passing instructions / tempo"...

5 minutes ago, clokey1988 said:

Also have yet to see anyone attempt to lob the keeper despite having that PPM.

I did, in the beta, Lewondowski did a bunch of times, I uploaded one on here. On a Youtuber's video Haaland rambona lobbed a 'keeper but I've seen none since   

1 minute ago, Johnny Ace said:

I did, in the beta, Lewondowski did a bunch of times, I uploaded one on here. On a Youtuber's video Haaland rambona lobbed a 'keeper but I've seen none since   

There's a few things I'm not seeing. Lobs, rounding the keeper, direct free kicks.

13 минут назад, regainer сказал:

I just love it when every player in the game turned out to drop that pass that just Messi can in real life :)

Yeah my matches in Porto and Kaiserslautern the same, despite level of players very very different. The same passing accuracy etc.

And I almost sure it was a moment (ME version) where I can feel difference in teams by players attributes. 

14 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

damn is it famous figure of speech or is it your creation? :D  

It's a well known phrase so I cant claim credit, the best one is as rare as rocking horse poop but I obviously can't say the real term ! :D

Since the latest update to Touch 2020 on Android, I can no longer swap players by dragging and dropping them into position within the tactics menu. This is stopping me from creating costume formations and making quick positional changes during matches. For example, either in a game or before a game in the tactics menu, if I Select a DM and drag it to the AM position behind the striker it will randomly drop the DM player into another position or it will swap it with the closest player to that position.

Even using the quick sub option within a game is not working - for example if I select and highlight a DC and drag it down to swap it for S2, it will randomly select another sub or player.

Both things used to work before the update - I am using a Samsung Tab to play the game.

40 minutes ago, Sharkn20 said:

Yet another long ball lol.

Haha oh well atleast this guy was supposed to do this,dlp with 14 passing,14 technique,16 vision and take more risk instructions :) its in his job description, you hate to see it when a defender with 6 passing does this.

13 hours ago, janrzm said:

I know the official word on the forum is absolutely no changes to the ME but when you've spent 468hrs watching something intently and then immediately post patch see several things behaving quite differently it leaves you scratching your head. 

yea, ive just played my first full 3D game for at least 2 weeks, same save/team/tactics etc. and the ME ive just witnessed is not the same as it was the last time i tried it.

There seem to be some odd fan reaction to transfers, including them outright lying.

One player has been out on loan the entire time I was at the club and has not even played a friendly, but the fan's think he is a regular starter. (His playing time is set to surplus)

Then there is all those up and coming players that get loaned out and not even an in an AI controlled club would they get a SINGLE match, we are talking like the 10 right back backup backup and the fans is giving us a F for loaning them out to polish off the development, some is most likely 2-3 season loans away from having a small chance of getting into the first team.

Part of it might be the messed up B club system, because these players is playing regularly in a real league and I get the impression that neither players nor anyone else can tell the difference between playing a match for the A team or the B team, I'm fairly sure I can keep a Star Player happy with playing time, by playing him only on the B team, that seems horrible messed up.

One of the money bags wanted to pay me 138 m for a Star Player and I had two youngsters that had finished development and needed his spot on the team so I sold him and that is the ONLY reaction I can agree with out of some 20+ transfers, the rest involve alternative facts, that you would need to be a conspiracy nut to think up in regard to the fan reaction. It has nothing to do with reality.

A Player with a League 2 rating should NEVER EVER result in an F reaction from fans because they somehow think he is a regular starter, when my A team is playing at the top of league 1. Not to mention I would have to sell 2-3 first team players to play the player at all.

Inaki Pena Fan's think he would be a regular starter, he is a 2½ star young GK, I have a World Class primary GK and a 32 year old backup.

Jose Martinez - again they expect the sixth choice DL to be a regular starter, another F.

Random newgen that had the PA to be a first team player - Understand's he was sold, uhm, I would not have sold him as he might be one of our best prospects, but the other team could somehow buy him without me being able to say no, so even when the fan's is "nice" to me, they get it HORRIBLE wrong, they should have been majorly upset over me loosing the player.

Edited by Miravlix