Football Manager 2016 - 16.2.0 Official feedback thread

Maybe it's me playing on extended highlights. Sometimes the game says *xyz change more attacking" but from what I see on the pitch there isn't any change in what the ME is showing and there is nothing glaringly obvious that I need to do anything to counteract what seems vey little threat. It's not like they have four or five crosses and I think "woah need to change something here". The Newcastle game was the perfect example. No attempts on target, no threat at all, all being nicely dealt with and yet one feeble cross into the box and it's an own goal. If I said that in the same situation that I had gone defensive to save the lead and conceded people would be saying "why did you change if you were in control?" The one game I did change was Chelsea away. 2-1 up so went more defensive to tighten things up and ended up losing 4-2!!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a 3-0 up 3-3 draw today and I was ready to rage but then I thought about how many times I've actually seen out a game. Other things to consider are your defenders mentalities, body language, age etc. They all play a part. An inexperienced side (unfortunately for me) is much more likely to implode. There's a reason only certain teams win trophies.

Maybe it's me playing on extended highlights. Sometimes the game says *xyz change more attacking" but from what I see on the pitch there isn't any change in what the ME is showing and there is nothing glaringly obvious that I need to do anything to counteract what seems vey little threat. It's not like they have four or five crosses and I think "woah need to change something here". The Newcastle game was the perfect example. No attempts on target, no threat at all, all being nicely dealt with and yet one feeble cross into the box and it's an own goal. If I said that in the same situation that I had gone defensive to save the lead and conceded people would be saying "why did you change if you were in control?" The one game I did change was Chelsea away. 2-1 up so went more defensive to tighten things up and ended up losing 4-2!!!

If it's a one-off game, I wouldn't worry about it. You really should be taking it to the tactics forum. They can help you better spot things.

One note about 16.2 compared to 16.1 (or, maybe it's just my tactics?) :) - Number of fouls have been decreased. From both sides. I'm not using overly hard tackling, but I still use it on key opposition players and I don't receive too many yellows. In 90' minutes it's often less than 10 fouls from both sides. Perhaps it just looks strange because back in 16.0 yellows were too frequent?

It's not arrogance, it's just how it is with mods as game dev's cannot test every single community mod.

Every update on every game has the potential to cause issues with mods & it is something that mod creators should be used to.

In the case of the crashes after the 6.2 update it was down to TWO words requiring a change but took hours to find. Seeing as the extended use of FM for many users is down to the mod creators I don't think it's too much to ask that any changes likely to cause conflict are notified and updates are beta tested with popular mods to ensure continuity because I don't know of a single player that uses the default skin ! I would also request that Si do not treat such valuable members of the FM community with such disregard,disrespect and disdain.

So far i regret buying the game since i lost all my enjoyment of the game because of how crazy the ME is. I tested replaying the same match 13 times with different tactics, and out of these the AI scored on the first shot on target on 11 of them, it's unreal. I hope next patch saves the game for me as i'll have to go back to FM15 if this keeps up.

Never gonna pre-order again and i'll always test the demo to decide if i buy future versions.

In the case of the crashes after the 6.2 update it was down to TWO words requiring a change but took hours to find. Seeing as the extended use of FM for many users is down to the mod creators I don't think it's too much to ask that any changes likely to cause conflict are notified and updates are beta tested with popular mods to ensure continuity because I don't know of a single player that uses the default skin ! I would also request that Si do not treat such valuable members of the FM community with such disregard,disrespect and disdain.

What are you are asking for is quite impossible. Nor have you been treated with disdain, it's been explained in some detail here and in the skinning forum why. Moving on.

I use the default skin. Plenty of people do.

You say you're being treated with disdain, but all I see is your exaggerated sense of entitlement.

Not sure if this is a bug but on the 'Premier Division Roundup' I got sent today the player who is said to have 'had a bad day' is my reserve keeper who spent the entire 90 minutes on the bench. Seems a tad harsh.

Also, not wanting to get into the above argument but I use the default skin and so does everyone I know who plays the game. Most people don't come onto this forum and don't mod the game.

• SI Staff
Not sure if this is a bug but on the 'Premier Division Roundup' I got sent today the player who is said to have 'had a bad day' is my reserve keeper who spent the entire 90 minutes on the bench. Seems a tad harsh.

Also, not wanting to get into the above argument but I use the default skin and so does everyone I know who plays the game. Most people don't come onto this forum and don't mod the game.

Hey KingCanary,

The 'keeper on the bench one sounds like an issue worth posting in here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/524-Other-Gameplay-Issues - ideally with a save illustrating the issue if you happen to have one.

Cheers,

Seb.

How is the transfer market reflecting real life in FM16? Are there more loan deals with redemption clauses, teams buying players and loaning them back for a year etc.?

in my opinion this is the biggest disappointment within the game this year - too many transfers and manager movements

i do wish there was an option to set the amount of transfer activity as there wouldnt be so many large deals in Jan window as i am seeing

in my opinion this is the biggest disappointment within the game this year - too many transfers and manager movements

i do wish there was an option to set the amount of transfer activity as there wouldnt be so many large deals in Jan window as i am seeing

So, much like the other years in terms of transfer types?

Transfers are still pretty messy. Teams often buy players they don't really need, which see almost no playtime whatsoever because the AI barely rotates. So these players then often end up on the transferlist once again in a few months and when they're sold the teams proceed to get a replacement, which runs into the exact same issues.

On one of my saves for example Bayern bought a winger from Barca (Was using fake names, so not sure who it was), but it resulted in them selling another winger (I think Douglas Costa) in January even though he was better than the other winger. The winger they bought from Barca also ended up getting barely any playtime afterwards and was sold the next summer (With a massive loss obviously) and then they proceeded to buy another 2 wingers. Another fun example is them switching to a 2 striker system, so they buy 2 strikers. Obviously with fake Lewandowski still at the club only 2 of them get proper playing time, so a season later one of the strikers is sold again at a massive loss. What do they do? Bam, immediately buy another striker. So currently they have a world class CB (Yeah, they did the same with CBs) and Winger listed for loan, after buying them for 30m+. In the meantime they also bought Ziyech (I guess, who else at Twente is actually worth something) even though they have tons of midfielders and only play with 2 midfielders.

Now part of the issue is a massive lack of rotation and willingness to play young talents, but there are also way too many transfers that simply make no sense. Expensive players that aren't better than what the club already has, that don't get enough playtime because there's somebody better than them and then quickly get transferlisted as they're unhappy. Not to mention the "Sell player X because not enough playtime, then buy player Y in exact same position" transfers. In my own Bayern save for example at one point I sold Sinan Kurt to Wolfsburg because they needed a new left winger. What happened to their old one? Well he's sitting on the transfer list because he wasn't playing enough! Haven't continued that save since then, but I have a feeling I'll be seeing Sinan Kurt right next to Draxler on the transferlist very soon.

Getting somewhat frustrated by Fan Match performance feedback that seems to always criticise you for fielding "weakened team" if you do not field what fans obviously feel is your strongest X1. As Chelsea I have pretty strong squad with good options in most positions. Fans view of strongest team that they expect you to field seems to take no/little account of - fitness of your players, need to rotate squad due to fixture congestion. Would be good if this area could be improved to take a more balanced/realistic view.

Transfers are still pretty messy. Teams often buy players they don't really need, which see almost no playtime whatsoever because the AI barely rotates. So these players then often end up on the transferlist once again in a few months and when they're sold the teams proceed to get a replacement, which runs into the exact same issues.

On one of my saves for example Bayern bought a winger from Barca (Was using fake names, so not sure who it was), but it resulted in them selling another winger (I think Douglas Costa) in January even though he was better than the other winger. The winger they bought from Barca also ended up getting barely any playtime afterwards and was sold the next summer (With a massive loss obviously) and then they proceeded to buy another 2 wingers. Another fun example is them switching to a 2 striker system, so they buy 2 strikers. Obviously with fake Lewandowski still at the club only 2 of them get proper playing time, so a season later one of the strikers is sold again at a massive loss. What do they do? Bam, immediately buy another striker. So currently they have a world class CB (Yeah, they did the same with CBs) and Winger listed for loan, after buying them for 30m+. In the meantime they also bought Ziyech (I guess, who else at Twente is actually worth something) even though they have tons of midfielders and only play with 2 midfielders.

Now part of the issue is a massive lack of rotation and willingness to play young talents, but there are also way too many transfers that simply make no sense. Expensive players that aren't better than what the club already has, that don't get enough playtime because there's somebody better than them and then quickly get transferlisted as they're unhappy. Not to mention the "Sell player X because not enough playtime, then buy player Y in exact same position" transfers. In my own Bayern save for example at one point I sold Sinan Kurt to Wolfsburg because they needed a new left winger. What happened to their old one? Well he's sitting on the transfer list because he wasn't playing enough! Haven't continued that save since then, but I have a feeling I'll be seeing Sinan Kurt right next to Draxler on the transferlist very soon.

Thanks for the that answer, mate :)

I'm not entirely sure, but isn't rotation part of AI manager style? In my Ajax save, PSV have played the least players throughout the season (20 players have earned match time in Eredivisie) which is really small amount, while FC Utrecht have used 33 players. So, that varies.

But I agree with your point that good players are often bought for big money and then wasted on the bench. Chelsea swooped in and snapped Davy Klaassen from me in January 2016 for £12m. Not perhaps the biggest fee for Premiership club, but solid amount for any Eredivisie club. He got into squad, instantly scored in his debut, put in some good performances and now (May 2016) he's played only 7 games for them, av. rating over 7.10, but somehow couldn't get a chance despite solid performances. Why buy him then?

It's just a shame that the ME hasn't moved forward since the beta. The rest of the game is the best FM yet but the ME is just so frustrating to watch.

Full-backs, centre-backs and keepers have been dreadful from crosses since the beta and nothing has changed. I feel the ME responds to your tactical decisions more than recent versions but you know the wonder cross from 40-yards out is just around the corner. Yawn.

Oh and please, for the love of God, work on press conferences and media interaction. It's mind-numbingly boring and the repetitive questions haven't changed for years. I'd send my AssMan if he wasn't so obviously going to say something stupid before every game.

• SI Staff
've just loaded up a new game and seen that Flamengo in Brazil are now named Flemish and are playing in a weird blue kit rather than their usual red/black one. Is that just my game?

Is this issue only appearing for Flamengo? Could you possibly raise this in our bugs forum? Preferably with a save game to highlight the issue.

Cheers,

Julius

I'm not entirely sure, but isn't rotation part of AI manager style? In my Ajax save, PSV have played the least players throughout the season (20 players have earned match time in Eredivisie) which is really small amount, while FC Utrecht have used 33 players. So, that varies.

But I agree with your point that good players are often bought for big money and then wasted on the bench. Chelsea swooped in and snapped Davy Klaassen from me in January 2016 for £12m. Not perhaps the biggest fee for Premiership club, but solid amount for any Eredivisie club. He got into squad, instantly scored in his debut, put in some good performances and now (May 2016) he's played only 7 games for them, av. rating over 7.10, but somehow couldn't get a chance despite solid performances. Why buy him then?

There's an attribute for rotation, but in general it just seems that most managers rotate too little. Also total amount of players played isn't that interesting of a statistic to be honest. You could have 30 players played, but if 15 of those only played a single match most of them wouldn't be happy with the amount of playtime I'd bet. Perhaps there's also an issue with players being too hung up on getting spots in the starting eleven, so even though they get a decent amount of football they're still unhappy. I haven't looked that closely at those cases. All I see is that first season January I can swoop up a bunch of unhappy players. Some of them are no surprise, as they've become surplus due to other transfers in the summer, but there's generally also a bunch of names you'd expect would get a good chunk off playtime. It just feels like coaches decide a starting eleven and then stick to it, until they're absolutely forced to rotate due to fitness/injuries/bans.

Is this issue only appearing for Flamengo? Could you possibly raise this in our bugs forum? Preferably with a save game to highlight the issue.

Cheers,

Julius

I've not checked in the game but i've just noticed on the editor that Flamengo have suddenly become "Flemish" and their colours have changed, i'll try to upload some pictures to show.

flemish%201.png

flemish%202.png

After the update, players and agents are asking for ridiculous signing on fees and agent fees. On top of that, all the other bonuses were much higher than 16.1.

I also believed when I tried to sell players, I clearly locked add ons that were met after 1 game, but when I completed the transfer, they were all switched to 50 games...

What's wrong with the transfer system in 16.2? Any one else experiencing this?

Not sure if my board is serious lol. After two seasons i managed to get Tempo Overijse into the Belgium Second Division. The board told me we were upgrading to fullpro status and we could scout around the world now. My amount of recommended scouts went from 2 to 9...and my recommended training staff from 1 to 21 :eek: I'm sure that's just a tad overkill.

Has anyone else noticed this? I play on 2d Classic with replays in 3D. What I'm noticing with increased regularity is that after a replay the 2d converts to a different pitch graphic with the players playing with an orange ball. However, if a goal is scored, on the replay it's a normal pitch with a white ball.

It's hardly a gamebreaking thing, but it's relatively annoying nonetheless.

Is there any reason why when my fullbacks get to byline they always cutback, they rarely cross. Because its doing my head in now

It's impossible to know without seeing your setup. Exploiting the middle or Work Ball Into Box maybe?

This is the most frustrating thing I have ever seen in FM. It must be a bug, or at least a feature which needs corrected.

Early in the season one of my players wanted a loan move due to a lack of first team football. I promised him a loan move.

The situation changed and he has been in the first team for the past 19 games. 19 GAMES IN A ROW, only two have been as a substitute.

He still has Minor issue (wants a chance in the first team). His contract is expiring in a couple months and he refuses to talk due to being currently unhappy.

I'm not one to complain, and I think 70% of people on here moan about trivial and irrelevant things which SI should ignore, however this is Ridiculous.

He will have a set time where he will review his concerns... 19 games seems a long time though.. suggest you create a post in the bug reporting section.

No problem. I thought that was the case, just seems like an awful long time on this occassion, especially considering the amount of games he has played. The initial conversation about a loan move took place on 6/4/2016 and it's now 16/10/2016.

No problem. I thought that was the case, just seems like an awful long time on this occassion, especially considering the amount of games he has played. The initial conversation about a loan move took place on 6/4/2016 and it's now 16/10/2016.

Does he still have an open promise?

If you look at the promises screen they usually show an end date when he'll review his position.

Does he still have an open promise?

If you look at the promises screen they usually show an end date when he'll review his position.

Yeah, just had a look it's 106 days left. If I remember correctly it got extended after the recent transfer window was closed. It's a strange one, the player should recognise that the situation has changed and first team football is better than a promised loan move. Now It looks like I will lose him as his contract is expiring around the same time as his promise expires.

So, 'gets into an offside position at every opportunity' - is that a PPM or a hidden attribute?

To be more serious, there does seem to be a problem with offsides. The main thing seems to be a mismatch in reactions of defenders and attackers when the ball is played back by the attacking team leaving attackers offside far too often. This seems to have its worst manifestation in throw in and short corner routines where the ball gets played back to the taker and they have failed to get onside. I know it's quite a common problem IRL, but the probability seems a bit high in FM.

As I mentioned previously there also seems to be a lack of fuzziness around offside calls when the players are effectively in line from a linesman's perspective. Mathematically, the co-ordinates may put a player offside, but a linesman would never be able to make that call.

My experiences with the match engine on this game have been frustrating of late. The initial match engine, in my opinion, was good. I started a save with Arsenal, as I normally do for my first, new game save. I hadn't encountered the much-publicised issues with crosses, although the issue of fullbacks over-covering was something which was obvious in my save.

Once the match engine patch was released, I continued with my Arsenal save and was pleased to see that the positioning of full-backs in defensive situations was much better and more realistic, making the game more enjoyable. I wanted something different, so I started saves with Eintracht Frankfurt, Deportivo la Coruña and Genoa. It was here where the issues with crossing, away from a top level Arsenal defence, became horribly apparent to me.

Not only did I notice an greater volume of crosses, I also noticed that I was conceding most of my goals to crosses. It is literally impossible, at times, to defend crosses. They're incredulously efficient and utterly devastating - unrealistically so, in my opinion. I was conceding goals from crosses to non-league sides in each country during pre-season. I watch games with 'comprehensive' highlights and I was almost certain I would concede a goal whenever one of the opposition players was even remotely close to a crossing position.

I know some will use statistics from of real-life context to counter my argument and some may bring up the issue of my tactics - all formulated from scratch, with great care and borne of a decent FM tactical understanding - but with so many raising the issue, surely something somewhere must be out of kilter. When you're conceding the same (crossed) goals, using different tactics, with different players, different teams in different leagues, it does get very frustrating and does make the game very difficult to play.

It is a shame because I think this is (my grievances with the rating algorithms aside) one of the best Football Manager games I've played and the base level of match engine was the best I've seen.

So far i regret buying the game since i lost all my enjoyment of the game because of how crazy the ME is. I tested replaying the same match 13 times with different tactics, and out of these the AI scored on the first shot on target on 11 of them, it's unreal. I hope next patch saves the game for me as i'll have to go back to FM15 if this keeps up.

Never gonna pre-order again and i'll always test the demo to decide if i buy future versions.

I'm building the same idea that this me is quite erratic (if not mad) and really difficult to handle, much less coherent thant the previous and at the end less enjoyable. That's both because of the regular one shot-one gol of AI, expecially in the final 15 minutes when they're behind, and of the problems in setting a reliablec tactic, moreover vs weaker teams.

Is there any reason why when my fullbacks get to byline they always cutback, they rarely cross. Because its doing my head in now

I too experience this with both full backs and wingers. They beat their man, with people in box, making runs into box, but tend to check , think, wait, and then pass infield etc despite being in position to cross with their strongest foot.....anything but cross. Not using work ball into box or exploit the middle but do use retain possession. My team has best decisions rating in premier league so maybe they "decide" it is too risky to cross, possibly score or create panic and a chance, instead deciding that keeping possession is key at all costs.

I buy and sell a lot of players and UI (along with AI) is infinitely frustrating. Some examples:

a) I offer my player for 5m, get 20 offers worth 2.5m. I want to bulk negotiate them from the transfer centre, click on the respond to offers button but the option to negotiate is not there. Why? Because one of those 20 offers is non-negotiable and I have to check them one by one to find it :mad: Is it that hard to add like a lock or something to indicate which ones are non-negotiable? Or at least add the option to decline all non-negotiable or negotiate all suitable offers?

b) I offer my player for loan and obviously want him to play first team football. I get 30 offers. 28 of those are 'cover for first team'. Why does AI even bother me with these? Same with wages. There must be an option to offer players on non-negotiable terms. :mad: Alright, I go to transfer centre but uh oh! There's no quick way to accept first team loan offers or reject all bench player offers. I have to do it one by one :mad:

c) Why isn't there a default option for rejecting/accepting offers? I have to disable this feature completely because of that popup asking 'Why do you reject this offer?' for every single offer.

d) Staff responsibilities options should be expanded. While I do enjoy letting my staff accept loan offers during the season, I have to disable it because during open transfer windows the AI loses its head.

I buy and sell a lot of players and UI (along with AI) is infinitely frustrating. Some examples:

a) I offer my player for 5m, get 20 offers worth 2.5m. I want to bulk negotiate them from the transfer centre, click on the respond to offers button but the option to negotiate is not there. Why? Because one of those 20 offers is non-negotiable and I have to check them one by one to find it :mad: Is it that hard to add like a lock or something to indicate which ones are non-negotiable? Or at least add the option to decline all non-negotiable or negotiate all suitable offers?

b) I offer my player for loan and obviously want him to play first team football. I get 30 offers. 28 of those are 'cover for first team'. Why does AI even bother me with these? Same with wages. There must be an option to offer players on non-negotiable terms. :mad: Alright, I go to transfer centre but uh oh! There's no quick way to accept first team loan offers or reject all bench player offers. I have to do it one by one :mad:

c) Why isn't there a default option for rejecting/accepting offers? I have to disable this feature completely because of that popup asking 'Why do you reject this offer?' for every single offer.

d) Staff responsibilities options should be expanded. While I do enjoy letting my staff accept loan offers during the season, I have to disable it because during open transfer windows the AI loses its head.

When you offer a player, he's placed on the transfer list, due to this the other teams will try to get him cheap, you've just admitted he's no good for you and you want rid, why should these teams pay the full transfer?

I bet you never offer the full transfer when you bid for a player, why should AI teams.

Archived