Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, fidelitywars said:

Of course - won’t get chance until tomorrow but will give it a go. Thanks for the advice.

Be a bitter pill to swallow if the ME is capable of lyrical, flowing football after i’ve just petulently hit out at ‘its (sic) your tactics’ guy, mind...

This and any ME of SI has been capable of lyrical and flowing football with of course its flaws.The flaw in this engine is the slight lack of central play and I do have to say it is quite hard to find the balance. But the mentality is usually not the first thing would tweak.  But at least I have a 84% passing completion, and still seeing enough depth in the passes. And it is leading to nice goals. Honestly though, my complete wingback is doing a lot of damage. Truth be told though, he does actually look like the real Angeline (he is such an attacking beast).

Perhaps the key word is balance. The description of the mentality in the game says it all I guess "carefully balancing risk and reward".

And mate, do not mind the people who just contribute by saying it's your tactics. That is not helpful in the least. You had and have valid points and the not all that experienced FM user who does not have a lot of sparetime to figure out the quirks of a match engine might find the game frustrating or like you said boring.

Boring i.m.o it isn't. Untamed or with some settings untameable: yes

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 03/11/2018 at 10:54, Dagenham_Dave said:

Raised this as a bug, however, thought I'd ask in here to see if anyone has any ideas. 

Is this deliberate? I've checked on the default skins and also all the installed ones, cleared the cache and reloaded the skins several times, but where it used to be a green circle for a win, it's now black, and a draw now shows as some dark brown colour. I hope this isn't how it's intended as it was perfect before. Any ideas? 

icons.PNG

Further to this, other icons have also changed colour, example here in the promises tab. 

SOMEONE must know how to fix this - I've been asking all over the net today, and no-one has any idea, it's hugely frustrating. 

iconsagain.PNG

2 hours ago, Mensell76 said:

Counter attack, direct passing,  pass into space and higher tempo's perhaps combined with players with pm "tries killer balls often" together result in an overleg direct brand of football in this ME, with too many simple mistakes or unlogical decisions.

this is so annoying i have my IFa on 50% passing success, almost every pass is the killer one. just had a match with Liverpool they were under 60% in one moment for first half hour. 

4 minutes ago, Mitja said:

this is so annoying i have my IFa on 50% passing success, almost every pass is the killer one. just had a match with Liverpool they were under 60% in one moment for first half hour. 

Since switsching to balanced with my tactic my IFA's have 80-85% passing succes. And they all of a sudden score goals by cutting inside, succesfully dribbling and then making that well timed shot. Thoroughly enjoying the tactic now because everything I have set individually or on a team basis is now visible.

I know SI must not mean it this way, but to my eyes a balanced team setting so far is the middleway. I am starting to think it will also help execute counters nicely.

Balanced PSV 2.png

anyone had success with attacking, direct, high tempo maybe?

No it is a disaster when you seek some sort of control over a game. It has lots of long hoofs, moste passes go deep , no risk and reward.

3 minutes ago, Mitja said:

Yes, very successful with Bournemouth playing attacking mentality and more direct passing with much higher tempo. I had much lower line of engagement set and standard dline... That meant it was very hard for the opponent to keep the ball once they entered our half, if we won the ball it would be a direct ball into space (pass into space TI also used)... And Bournemouth have strikers quick enough to run in behind and score (Wilson and King) 

10 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

This and any ME of SI has been capable of lyrical and flowing football with of course its flaws.The flaw in this engine is the slight lack of central play and I do have to say it is quite hard to find the balance. But the mentality is usually not the first thing would tweak.  But at least I have a 84% passing completion, and still seeing enough depth in the passes. And it is leading to nice goals. Honestly though, my complete wingback is doing a lot of damage. Truth be told though, he does actually look like the real Angeline (he is such an attacking beast).

Perhaps the key word is balance. The description of the mentality in the game says it all I guess "carefully balancing risk and reward".

And mate, do not mind the people who just contribute by saying it's your tactics. That is not helpful in the least. You had and have valid points and the not all that experienced FM user who does not have a lot of sparetime to figure out the quirks of a match engine might find the game frustrating or like you said boring.

Boring i.m.o it isn't. Untamed or with some settings untameable: yes

Cool - will give your set-up a go; not sure I have the personnel to really make it work as my midfield are largely playmaking types; seems you’ve negated the issue of those roles not performing by eschewing them completely. Still, reckon with a little rotation I could find players vaguely suitable and give it a go.

And yeah, i’m not bothered by the ‘it’s your tactics’ posters really - all a bit light-hearted though I do wonder what their motivation is...

Anyway, thanks again and like I say, will try your set-up and report back.

I'm having a UI problem of my own. The nationalities on the player profile and attributes pages have disappeared completely. This has been the case since the update to the full version. I've reloaded my skin, switched skins, cleared my cache and even manually deleted the Cache folder, but nothing has fixed it.

And before you ask... yes, I have reported it in the bugs forum. I was just wondering if anyone here had an idea as to what else I could do.

1 minute ago, Mensell76 said:

No it is a disaster when you seek some sort of control over a game. It has lots of long hoofs, moste passes go deep , no risk and reward.

But if you want attacking with high tempo... You arent looking to control the game... 

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Bradley21 said:

Training is just a mess this year, i have no idea how to change it to what i want to do. Where is my option to focus on fitness or team cohesion? Instead i have a million blue squares and no options for these that i can see.

Just now, fidelitywars said:

Cool - will give your set-up a go; not sure I have the personnel to really make it work as my midfield are largely playmaking types; seems you’ve negated the issue of those roles not performing by eschewing them completely. Still, reckon with a little rotation I could find players vaguely suitable and give it a go.

And yeah, i’m not bothered by the ‘it’s your tactics’ posters really - all a bit light-hearted though I do wonder what their motivation is...

Anyway, thanks again and like I say, will try your set-up and report back.

Yes true, I decided to trade in the playmaker after the initial set backs with positive and attacking game plans. But seeing balanced at work, I might even try a playmaker again.

1 minute ago, westy8chimp said:

But if you want attacking with high tempo... You arent looking to control the game... 

Not what I mean. Control in the sense of passes being a mix of shorter and longer range passes, with sensible transitions and sensible choices in terms of which player should receive the ball.

Just now, Mensell76 said:

Yes true, I decided to trade in the playmaker after the initial set backs with positive and attacking game plans. But seeing balanced at work, I might even try a playmaker again.

Would be interested to see how that plays out; if you find a route to making that role perform and play attractive football, i’ll be forever in your debt!

1 minute ago, fidelitywars said:

Would be interested to see how that plays out; if you find a route to making that role perform and play attractive football, i’ll be forever in your debt!

let's start with an MC advanced playmaker on attack duty. I will report back to you :)

6 minutes ago, Mitja said:

I sometimes use it with my (old definition) 4141 against weaker teams or when one down. Often together with 'Work Ball Into Box' which makes for a really variable ofense if you have midfield superiority (technical, off ball and speed) or a tanky Target Man. 

Sometimes the DM just goes long and sends the forward running. Sometimes he holds the ball and sends the midfielders on attack duty. There's plenty of running, especially when counters are triggered which sends the opposition scrambling for position and in the final third this gives the time for good setups. 

So far it is going more than well. Won 5-0 against a comparable team that were completely caught off guard and turned a 0-2 around (after starting cautiously) after slight corrections in formation against a better team. 

Currently I am finetuning it for everyday usage as I try to establish a cautious approach first and only whip out the big guns when in need. While it works often, there's some danger when outcountered.

55 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

Could you do me a favour. Set your team mentality to Balanced. I am playing on balanced since a few matches and I am seeing the most beautiful football I have seen from this ME thus far. It is a combination of tiki taka, direct play and solid defending so far. Extremely enjoyable. And yes, lovely goals by my IF's. 

Below is a screenshot of my tactic.

Balanced PSV.png

I'll give your tactic a go also, but I gotta say it goes against every instruction I would think to include in a possession based tactic. I'm not sure if that is what you were going for when you created it but no play out of defense, no work ball into box, no playmaker at all, be more disciplined. The only thing that would seem more counterintuitive to me would be if  you ticked play for set pieces lol. 

Seeing some utterly bizzare AI squad building decisions.

• City spent £60m on Thauvin to then immediately transfer him and loan him out.
  • Arthur plays 26 league games for Barcelona the previous season and they loan him to Napoli the next
  • Madrid spent £75m on Torreira, the next season he's on the transfer list 

Three examples from when i last looked

2 minutes ago, Sticx said:

I'll give your tactic a go also, but I gotta say it goes against every instruction I would think to include in a possession based tactic. I'm not sure if that is what you were going for when you created it but no play out of defense, no work ball into box, no playmaker at all, be more disciplined. The only thing that would seem more counterintuitive to me would be if  you ticked play for set pieces lol. 

No play out of defense is a whoopiedaisies on my part. Thanks mate, I overlooked it :) Next to that, I am not asking people to give my tactic a go. I am asking people to try out the balanced mentality which has a result of more careful weighing of when to pass short and when to pass more direct. And it sort of just releases the attackers, they move more freely.

The no playmaker was intentional because on positive and attacking mentalities they went too much for the killer ball. I am now testing with an mc advanced playmaker. However I do not necessarily want 1 player to receive the ball too much. Playmaking can be done in any role but then divided over more players, if you know what I mean. 

The work ball into box is intentional. I do not want to get into the handball defense situation too often. Instead I want to be careful in possession in the first phases of play but in the final third have more room for my IF's to run into. Just like PSV plays in real life

30 minutes ago, CFuller said:

I'm having a UI problem of my own. The nationalities on the player profile and attributes pages have disappeared completely. This has been the case since the update to the full version. I've reloaded my skin, switched skins, cleared my cache and even manually deleted the Cache folder, but nothing has fixed it.

And before you ask... yes, I have reported it in the bugs forum. I was just wondering if anyone here had an idea as to what else I could do.

Very similar to myself with the change in colour of the result icons. I'm at a loss as well. Something's going on though. I just wish someone at SI would have some sort of answer or fix. 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Very similar to myself with the change in colour of the result icons. I'm at a loss as well. Something's going on though. I just wish someone at SI would have some sort of answer or fix. 

While I think the UI is miles better than it was in FM18, problems like those we're experiencing - along with the use of light text on light backgrounds in several instances - are still baffling. Otherwise, I don't have a lot to complain about with FM19.

53 minutes ago, corn_onthecurb said:

Seeing some utterly bizzare AI squad building decisions.

• City spent £60m on Thauvin to then immediately transfer him and loan him out.
  • Arthur plays 26 league games for Barcelona the previous season and they loan him to Napoli the next
  • Madrid spent £75m on Torreira, the next season he's on the transfer list 

Three examples from when i last looked

Lol. After 10+ years that Si is working on AI squad build, great results. Of course that after few years we have much better teams then AI. I would fire those people if they are working for me. 

1 hour ago, Mensell76 said:

Since switsching to balanced with my tactic my IFA's have 80-85% passing succes. And they all of a sudden score goals by cutting inside, succesfully dribbling and then making that well timed shot. Thoroughly enjoying the tactic now because everything I have set individually or on a team basis is now visible.

I know SI must not mean it this way, but to my eyes a balanced team setting so far is the middleway. I am starting to think it will also help execute counters nicely.

it's allways been like that in FM but it looks mentality+tempo is even more enhanced. i'm glad for you and will give a try in my next game. but unfortunatly AI is not awere of issues here and being in league where everybody plays on more attacking mentalities it's a shame we can't get more from otherwise solid ME. 

1 hour ago, westy8chimp said:

Yes, very successful with Bournemouth playing attacking mentality and more direct passing with much higher tempo. I had much lower line of engagement set and standard dline... That meant it was very hard for the opponent to keep the ball once they entered our half, if we won the ball it would be a direct ball into space (pass into space TI also used)... And Bournemouth have strikers quick enough to run in behind and score (Wilson and King) 

i tried to make attacking more direct tactics to get the ball forward with quick first time passes based on gegenpress but with default instructions it looks more pinball than football. i don't know maybe i'm doing something wrong but i'm seeing really low passing % with clubs like Liverpool, just saw a game where Burley had 48% passing..

Edited by Mitja

19 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

I dont know if here is the right place but, I'm having tons of injuries during the match, and my tactic isnt instense.

Injuries need to be looked at over a reasonably long time schedule to see if there is any pattern.  The injury module was checked and adjusted during the beta phase and is now below normal expectations, so you may just be suffering from a run of injuries that we all suffer from.

3 horas atrás, Mensell76 disse:

Could you do me a favour. Set your team mentality to Balanced. I am playing on balanced since a few matches and I am seeing the most beautiful football I have seen from this ME thus far. It is a combination of tiki taka, direct play and solid defending so far. Extremely enjoyable. And yes, lovely goals by my IF's. 

Below is a screenshot of my tactic.

Balanced PSV.png

My experience of attempting to play somewhat similarly to this is it works, but you get lots of set piece goals and **** all from open play. But I'm gonna take a few ideas from this and mesh it with my tactic and see how it goes.

I suspect the Bundesliga where I'm trying this (with Dortmund), is particularly hostile to this kind of football due to the attributes of the AI managers there. Been trying everything and anything and nothing cracks the AI sides in the Bundesliga. Lots of high pressing, fluid compact sides, width-seeking sides who beat you through crosses and corners.

Edited by noikeee

Its end of November , i am playing Everton and i have an attacking tactic that is so over the place the other team gets forced into it somehow and i am quite good especially against weaker sides, Liverpool have won every game so far that is they lost one :i changed to a very defensice dstroyer style tactic against them , because i knew i could only loose and wanted to hurt them as badly as possible at least. I won 3-1. The Derby looks nice in Liverpools schedule among all those green dots :-D

Edited by GerdMuller

Please SI Games, release a Football Manager 2019 version for Ubuntu. I play the game since 20 years, I play since the Championship Manager 93 (yes, year 1993). And I had Windows 10 on my PC, but has a lot of bugs, so I decided to install Linux as my main operating system. So, please, SI Games and Sega, I want to play the game in Linux, please release a version soon, many thanks for make this awesome software. 

56 minutes ago, hernansuperstar said:

Please SI Games, release a Football Manager 2019 version for Ubuntu. I play the game since 20 years, I play since the Championship Manager 93 (yes, year 1993). And I had Windows 10 on my PC, but has a lot of bugs, so I decided to install Linux as my main operating system. So, please, SI Games and Sega, I want to play the game in Linux, please release a version soon, many thanks for make this awesome software. 

There are insufficient numbers of users using this to justify releasing another version.  I note from your post history that you have already played the game, so I presume that you must have used W10, so if you want to play FM, then you will have to revert to W10.

So far the game is good, despite me losing the first three games of the season. But I think I’ve seen a bit too many attempts of direct balls despite trying to build patiently. And because of this and my highline, got completely murdered with balls over the top. If there are gonna be some small tweaks I think it can be a very good FM.

1 hour ago, Armistice said:

So far the game is good, despite me losing the first three games of the season. But I think I’ve seen a bit too many attempts of direct balls despite trying to build patiently. And because of this and my highline, got completely murdered with balls over the top. If there are gonna be some small tweaks I think it can be a very good FM.

There are some threads on the match engine re movement and passing in the bugs section: 

Would be good to hear more opinions. 

1 hour ago, akkm said:

Thing is you're entering the realm of gaming the engine to make stuff work...it shouldn't have to be that way. I'm not saying you are...just trying to get the team to play the way you want...few years back I was using contain to counter the directness which the match engine was producing lol. But basically you're doing things to 'stop' the engine from producing certain predetermined actions rather than doing things to 'make' your team play the way you want it do by tapping into fundamentally sound basic decision making being simulated properly 

Conceptually those roles shouldn't be producing free flowing football...a Box to box mid is more of an off the ball impact midfielder getting on the end of things up in top third and up and down the pitch. DM is just that...a defensive midfielder more in an off the ball positional screen and water carrier to provide short passes to the more creative and break up play. A CM can conceivably do additional things being a generic role in a sense 

IFs can do things themselves but are also reliant on being slotted in etc and be provided with the ammunition to do so

WBs are more reliant on ball being channeled out wide.

Are you seeing through balls being played in the top third from central positions along the ground and if so what is the frequency of them. These are what is missing from the match engine and essentially is what makes the AP role in the attacking midfield strata redundant from a creative point of view...which ties back into @fidelitywarspost from earlier that this is key to changing the 'feel' of the engine and indeed adding to the actual realism of matching closer back to creative and a more sophisticated way of playing football

The bottom line is the decision making triggers in the match engine are currently producing too much direct football...there will always be ways to mitigate this given the levers SI allows but the underlying decision making isn't simulating high level and even at times base decision making you see in the real world. Players in the real world don't have a trigger point of space = pass over the top...or anywhere close to that. 

Stiker/IF off the ball movement isn't dynamic enough or even active laterally, vertically and diagonally to provide options for the more creative players to slot in and even to drag defenders out of position to open up passing lanes for others to be slotted in

Basically the match engine is not simulating pass decision making to move the ball more efficiently into central areas in the top third to have creative players utilise their skillset from those positions to slot players in with threaded passes along the ground...that is the starting point.  The trigger point is too early and too deep on the pitch. This prevents quality play from unfolding as it should

The off the ball movement isn't helping that either. Layer on top of correction of pass decision making better movement in the top third by strikers, IFs and AMs to offer passing lanes and passing options more dynamically and not just immediate passing options but consideration of passes after initial passes. One of the premises of Guardiolas methods is a constant flow of movement to create openings by dragging players/defenders out of position to get players in...the immediate pass is seldom the intent of the ball carrier. CIty/Barca are essentially trying to work the ball into the most advantageous position to slot a player into a scoring position with the highest scoring probability. No matter how many ball players or skilled players they have most moves will break down without much defensive effort unless there's a steady stream of fluid movement off the ball

Both of these being addressed should create the best match engine we've seen giving a more balanced and realistic representation of how football can be played in terms of a slicker fluid flow.

It feels close but a million miles away at the same time in terms of the long/deep over the top balls needing to be replaced by the more appropriately played along the ground thread the needle/slide rule passes in the top third dependent on settings of course...but the long deep passes are ok with more direct approach and more direct passing etc but not on other settings...before anyone mentions that lol

As with all things in changing stuff in the engine, it's a behemoth but the team at SI will figure it out. Once they do I think everyone will enjoy the game at a level not seen before in terms of what type of football the engine can produce and enable users to see their teams play the way they want them to but until we're there, we're not there lol

brilliant post mate, thanks for the read.

And yes, I am guilty of trying to just get the ME to behave sensible most of the times. And no, central play is still low as I have indeed stated from the beginning.

Call me pragmatic but I do not get stuck in one tactical approach and then get annoyed about the same sequences being shown.

Regarding my tactic, it is actually quite sound with the midfield 3 being quite complementary. Just no special playmaker role. The mc however can be set up almost as one but without him getting the ball as much and thus transitioning more too my IF's. 

As long as there is no ME update, I think people might get more enjoyment out of their own tactics on a balanced mentality. That is all I was curious about :)

5 hours ago, hernansuperstar said:

I totally agree with your sentiments. Having said that, I'm successfully playing the game on Linux Mint using the Steam Proton system. Give it a go ...  you don't need to use windoze. 

6 hours ago, akkm said:

Thing is you're entering the realm of gaming the engine to make stuff work...it shouldn't have to be that way. I'm not saying you are...just trying to get the team to play the way you want...few years back I was using contain to counter the directness which the match engine was producing lol. But basically you're doing things to 'stop' the engine from producing certain predetermined actions rather than doing things to 'make' your team play the way you want it do by tapping into fundamentally sound basic decision making being simulated properly 

Conceptually those roles shouldn't be producing free flowing football...a Box to box mid is more of an off the ball impact midfielder getting on the end of things up in top third and up and down the pitch. DM is just that...a defensive midfielder more in an off the ball positional screen and water carrier to provide short passes to the more creative and break up play. A CM can conceivably do additional things being a generic role in a sense 

IFs can do things themselves but are also reliant on being slotted in etc and be provided with the ammunition to do so

WBs are more reliant on ball being channeled out wide.

Are you seeing through balls being played in the top third from central positions along the ground and if so what is the frequency of them. These are what is missing from the match engine and essentially is what makes the AP role in the attacking midfield strata redundant from a creative point of view...which ties back into @fidelitywarspost from earlier that this is key to changing the 'feel' of the engine and indeed adding to the actual realism of matching closer back to creative and a more sophisticated way of playing football

The bottom line is the decision making triggers in the match engine are currently producing too much direct football...there will always be ways to mitigate this given the levers SI allows but the underlying decision making isn't simulating high level and even at times base decision making you see in the real world. Players in the real world don't have a trigger point of space = pass over the top...or anywhere close to that. 

Stiker/IF off the ball movement isn't dynamic enough or even active laterally, vertically and diagonally to provide options for the more creative players to slot in and even to drag defenders out of position to open up passing lanes for others to be slotted in

Basically the match engine is not simulating pass decision making to move the ball more efficiently into central areas in the top third to have creative players utilise their skillset from those positions to slot players in with threaded passes along the ground...that is the starting point.  The trigger point is too early and too deep on the pitch. This prevents quality play from unfolding as it should

The off the ball movement isn't helping that either. Layer on top of correction of pass decision making better movement in the top third by strikers, IFs and AMs to offer passing lanes and passing options more dynamically and not just immediate passing options but consideration of passes after initial passes. One of the premises of Guardiolas methods is a constant flow of movement to create openings by dragging players/defenders out of position to get players in...the immediate pass is seldom the intent of the ball carrier. CIty/Barca are essentially trying to work the ball into the most advantageous position to slot a player into a scoring position with the highest scoring probability. No matter how many ball players or skilled players they have most moves will break down without much defensive effort unless there's a steady stream of fluid movement off the ball

Both of these being addressed should create the best match engine we've seen giving a more balanced and realistic representation of how football can be played in terms of a slicker fluid flow.

It feels close but a million miles away at the same time in terms of the long/deep over the top balls needing to be replaced by the more appropriately played along the ground thread the needle/slide rule passes in the top third dependent on settings of course...but the long deep passes are ok with more direct approach and more direct passing etc but not on other settings...before anyone mentions that lol

As with all things in changing stuff in the engine, it's a behemoth but the team at SI will figure it out. Once they do I think everyone will enjoy the game at a level not seen before in terms of what type of football the engine can produce and enable users to see their teams play the way they want them to but until we're there, we're not there lol

Great post, this. The comments around movement seem particularly relevant to my experience; I'm finding that both strikers and inside forwards are terribly static, especially if the latter role is coupled with any of the 'cuts inside' PPMs. For my Hamburg team, i've been playing Dennis Man as an inside forward on the right, with the aim of cutting inside onto his favoured left foot and offering end-product in terms of goals/assists/creativity - he's actually developed exceptionally well and is probably my best player on paper. However, he's been awful; contributing next to nothing from open play (completed on average a dribble and key pass every second game) but padding his stats with a few rebounds from set-pieces to offer the illusion of (semi-)productivity. 

It seems that the passing/decision-making of those behind him is of course a factor at play here but also his 'cuts inside from both wings' PPM is ensuring that he stands centrally amongst defensive traffic for seemingly the entirety of every game (despite being instructed to stay wider). His movement is non-existent and his preferred move seems more akin to my sister's approach to veganism; more a pious rejection akin to a phobia of all outside a self-imposed narrow framework than a mere preference. 

I know it can be hard to do tweaks as it can cause problems elsewhere but since the wee tweak to wide men continually crossing, they now hardly ever and cut back and pass it inside too much.

Edited by jc1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb hernansuperstar:

It`s possible to run and play FM19 with steam play on linux systems.

https://itsfoss.com/steam-play/

6 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

You do realise that real people work on this game and they do read these forums? Show some respect to the people who do work on the game as we state in our forum rules - https://community.sigames.com/topic/298538-failure-to-read-or-follow-house-rules/

It's fair enough to be upset about something, but asking for people to lose their jobs because something which is extremely complex doesn't work exactly how you want it to is completely beyond what is acceptable.  

Just to add this, it's this kind of behaviour that sees SI Staff interact less and less, and that's something we don't want to happen. So please consider Neil's post a general notice for everyone to be more considerate with their posting. We'd hate to have to start handing out infractions and bans, but we will if posts like that continue. 

14 hours ago, Matej said:

Lol. After 10+ years that Si is working on AI squad build, great results. Of course that after few years we have much better teams then AI. I would fire those people if they are working for me. 

Except they likely wouldn't be working for someone if they had no demonstrable idea what they were talking about.

1 hour ago, fidelitywars said:

It seems that the passing/decision-making of those behind him is of course a factor at play here but also his 'cuts inside from both wings' PPM is ensuring that he stands centrally amongst defensive traffic for seemingly the entirety of every game (despite being instructed to stay wider). His movement is non-existent and his preferred move seems more akin to my sister's approach to veganism; more a pious rejection akin to a phobia of all outside a self-imposed narrow framework than a mere preference. 

'cuts inside' is with the ball instructions, his central positioning in final third is hard coded into ME. my guess is he's on attack duty. in general all forwards movement is static at the moment, they follow the get further forward too literally. usually in real football these players are main creators, who seek the ball whenever possibile. improving these issues would really do wonders to the ME, together with working out passing issue. 

'cuts inside' is with the ball instructions, his central positioning in final third is hard coded into ME. my guess is he's on attack duty. in general all forwards movement is static at the moment, they follow the get further forward too literally. usually in real football these players are main creators, who seek the ball whenever possibile. improving these issues would really do wonders to the ME, together with working out passing issue. 

Yeah, it was always my understanding that the trait related to on-ball movement but such is the extremity of his central positioning without it, i'm now a little unsure. He is on attack duty, yes but he plays seemingly identically (that is, central and ineffective) on support duty.