Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

Interested to hear people's thoughts on the new tactical styles? Seems a bit of a shift from what a lot of people had been saying in regards to tactics. Previously the common view was in favour of a minimalist approach to team instructions, only changing a couple of things here and there but keeping it standard. New tactical styles seem to apply lots of team instructions to govern each phase and impose the style. Have tried recreating some on FM18 but been a little hesitant having so many TI!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cal585 said:

Interested to hear people's thoughts on the new tactical styles? Seems a bit of a shift from what a lot of people had been saying in regards to tactics. Previously the common view was in favour of a minimalist approach to team instructions, only changing a couple of things here and there but keeping it standard. New tactical styles seem to apply lots of team instructions to govern each phase and impose the style. Have tried recreating some on FM18 but been a little hesitant having so many TI!

The advice was always to start with a minimal set of instructions and only add if you see you need it. You may end up with 8+, but at least you know it helps your tactic. We've had plenty of people add a boat load of instructions to a tactic they've never even seen in action and in essence, ruin a perfectly good base tactic. These starting templates will have been tested already and set up to achieve the style in question, so it gives a good starting point to work from. I've taken a Control Possession tactic and slowly modified it, after watching the original tactic in action first.

2 hours ago, Cal585 said:

I think it is brilliant. For me, FM19 is just very enjoyable. All the things just come together. 

As for the Tactical styles, people tried to build tactics from scratch. The logical thing is to add few instructions and then keep adding once you know what's happening. If you have 8 instructions and things don't go as you like, then you have it much easier to change things. 

With the presets they are presenting you with a "pre-approved" style. Choose this and you'll play tiki taka or counter etc. Of course, it's not perfect. You need to adjust roles and duties and maybe change an instruction here and there to fit your players and style. 

Also, by breaking down the instructions in 3 phases you can watch the match and pin point at what phase things aren't going as planned. Then you adjust those instructions which aren't that many for that phase. 

I personally haven't changed much in instructions and most of the time leave them the way they are. I also don't change mentality anymore as I used to. I see myself changing players and their roles or duties more when making changes. Rotation and squad management is key for me this time. And it seems to be working so far. 

7 hours ago, noikeee said:

Just following back on this, I must hold my hand up and admit Mensell's tips on this were really great, it transformed my previous decent-but-dull wide 4-3-3 into a pretty satisfying tactic. Still a bit too many set piece goals IMO but I'm actually enjoying this now, I was starting to think this kind of football with this kind of results (consistent and high scoring) was impossible in this ME:

DgP8bX8.jpg 

It's now pretty identical to his setup, but I have a pressing forward and two playmakers in midfield, a AP/A and a Regista instead of a CM/A and a DM/S.

I think a few TIs I imitated from his tactic to be patient with play helped a ton, but the biggest breakthrough might've been having a second IF instead of a Raumdeuter, doh. :D I dunno why was I insisting so much on the Raum, I really wanted to make him work but he's just too much of a static poacher, doesn't combine with the other players. 

Not to further derail this since this is the general feedback thread, my next step is to try this on my career and see if it's viable at lower level. ;) Will give you credit for this @Mensell76

Thanks for the credit mate. And good to read that you use different roles succesfully. I also changed my striker role to PF/s and it is starting to look like he gets more into play during build up. Also experimenting with hold shape or not.

Agreed on the amount of set piece goals and lack of central play remains the big point of attention. But a balanced mentality does seem to get the more sensible football out of our teams and AI also reacts to it, giving our teams more space to operate in.

9 hours ago, Armistice said:

I love this game and the long shots.

Hey since we are in the game of sharing screenshots. Here's my screenshots from our latest game. Two goals down with 20 mins to go and we pull off a comeback in the lower leagues. Only 1 shot outside the box

SOT.png

1 hour ago, tyro said:

As for the Tactical styles, people tried to build tactics from scratch. The logical thing is to add few instructions and then keep adding once you know what's happening. If you have 8 instructions and things don't go as you like, then you have it much easier to change things. 

That is one of the smartest things I've heard here. It's how most of us started as well. I took some of the templates to figure things out, and then went off and tweaked them into hybrid ones, before understanding them well enough to just make my own unique ones

23 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

Hey since we are in the game of sharing screenshots. Here's my screenshots from our latest game. Two goals down with 20 mins to go and we pull off a comeback in the lower leagues. Only 1 shot outside the box

SOT.png

And here's my last game, also 1 shot outside the box:

image.thumb.png.ddb0c3586c5288bfaa6af807a33ab13a.png

1 hour ago, Rashidi said:

SOT.png

Well.. It's my tactics..

I usw the foundation of my past experiences and since FM13 (i had FM11 but never took it seriously - it was a good bye gift when SI closed FM Online) i use a tactic i already used in CM with the adjustments needed to work in FM.

From there i go with slight changes and switching things off/on...but to my pleasure it runs very well atm with no further adjustments than the usual CM to FM Things needed which are mere positional changes on maybe 2 positions.

I build a Team around that tactic the very first day so i dont feel a need to adjust things for Players incapable following my Philosophy - these Players are sold off.

Picked up the game last night.

After reading the doom mongers on here I was a bit concerned about the match engine, but a rudimentary 433 (DM/IF’s), Balanced mentality with a nod towards a possession game (1 notch shorter passing & lower tempo) saw my non-league Stockport side average 65% possession, 75% pass completion with a good variety of goals including some nice through balls down the middle of the pitch.

No sign of excessive long shots, strikers are scoring at a nice rate and a mixture of attacks.

A pretty decent representation of a competent side, employing a sensible formation and mentality with basic player roles.

I think most people reporting ‘hoof ball’ are employing a more attacking mentality which we know affects tempo and passing range (although perhaps a bit too much this year) perhaps exacerbated by a tactic which see’s too few good passing options (i.e. players in space).

Stockport being part time, sometimes we only get 2 training sessions in a week so although I’ve had a good look around the training module there’s no point me interfering with that at the moment although I’m looking forward to getting stuck in to that when we go full time.     

Main downsides so far is far post corners are not being defended. Also, I’m finding in-match visuals not quite smooth, slight jerkiness, just perceptible enough to be annoying. (not my GPU, it’s still present when I lower graphical settings). Both quick fixes hopefully.

With some impulsive venting on this thread, I think it’s important those with favourable opinions post here to make sure SI don’t throw the baby out with the bath water under a weight of often poorly informed negative opinions.  

Edited by Mr U Rosler

23 minutes ago, Armistice said:

Given that he's shown me how great he did with a Vanarama side, I doubt it's because of Espanyol. Their tactics? Possible, but it's in my hands to find a way around them.

Speaking about that "football" part. A consistently conversion of every 4th shot isn't quite football either way. Given that the AI averages are usually hovering at around 10% (every 10th shot), that's, if persisting, a consistently advantage unheard of in the history of competitive sports.

We've been here before. There will be few players who will achieve such on any release -- and most who do such do it by trial&erroring. That is, most. :)  It's a completely fantasy, usually made possible by how the game is setup up (ME and AI), including never to rarely seeing any long shots. Whether SI see such an issue is up to them. Whilst they may try to recreate a somewhat "realistic" football simulation, they likely won't. As perfectly demonstrated here: Players tend to be more happy with that fantasy of winning, no matter how comparably mediocre their teams. Once they go specifically catering the game to expectations such as barely seeing any ragned attempts with Espanyol, I'm personally out. And rather go back to any old Fifa Manager. Because in all honesty, it would make for a more realistic rendition of football -- as in its text simulations, doing any of the above is impossible by definition.

Edited by Svenc

18 hours ago, JR866Gunner said:

Where would we contact SI regarding getting stadium backgrounds disabled as an option/switch ? is here suitable?

It would heavily increase my match day enjoyment if I could switch backgrounds off. That way my laptop wouldnt be wasting its resources loading the background and more of it could be spent on improving the crowd/players (more importantly!).

2 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

After reading the doom mongers on here I was a bit concerned about the match engine, but a rudimentary 433 (DM/IF’s), Balanced mentality with a nod towards a possession game (1 notch shorter passing & lower tempo) saw my non-league Stockport side average 65% possession, 75% pass completion with a good variety of goals including some nice through balls down the middle of the pitch.

No sign of excessive long shots, strikers are scoring at a nice rate and a mixture of attacks.

A pretty decent representation of a competent side, employing a sensible formation and mentality with basic player roles.

I think most people reporting ‘hoof ball’ are employing a more attacking mentality which we know affects tempo and passing range (although perhaps a bit too much this year) perhaps exacerbated by a tactic which see’s too few good passing options (i.e. players in space).

Stockport being part time, sometimes we only get 2 training sessions in a week so although I’ve had a good look around the training module there’s no point me interfering with that at the moment although I’m looking forward to getting stuck in to that when we go full time.     

Main downsides so far is far post corners are not being defended. Also, I’m finding in-match visuals not quite smooth, slight jerkiness, just perceptible enough to be annoying. (not my GPU, it’s still present when I lower graphical settings). Both quick fixes hopefully.

With some impulsive venting on this thread, I think it’s important those with favourable opinions post here to make sure SI don’t throw the baby out with the bath water under a weight of often poorly informed negative opinions.  

If you are enjoying it right now, don't forget that the game has reached this stage after a lot of tweaking and fixing based on the feedbacks since the beta was released.

2 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Yes, the far post corner routine has gotten very old, very quickly. There are very few ways to defend this part of the box; zonal, man or mixed. I've tried every possible combination with the tallest, bravest, strongest defenders I can bring in. I've even tried adding evening training sessions for defending corners. I'm still conceding more than 8-10 of these every season. I continually get out jumped at the back post, who nods it down to someone attacking the ball from deep, who smashes it in unmarked. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has a decent defensive corner set-up they'd like to share.

Edited by rdbayly

2 hours ago, Svenc said:

Speaking about that "football" part. A consistently conversion of every 4th shot isn't quite football either way. Given that the AI averages are usually hovering at around 10% (every 10th shot), that's, if persisting, a consistently advantage unheard of in the history of competitive sports.

We've been here before. There will be few players who will achieve such on any release -- and most who do such do it by trial&erroring. That is, most. :)  It's a completely fantasy, usually made possible by how the game is setup up (ME and AI), including never to rarely seeing any long shots. Whether SI see such an issue is up to them. Whilst they may try to recreate a somewhat "realistic" football simulation, they likely won't. As perfectly demonstrated here: Players tend to be more happy with that fantasy of winning, no matter how comparably mediocre their teams. Once they go specifically catering the game to expectations such as barely seeing any ragned attempts with Espanyol, I'm personally out. And rather go back to any old Fifa Manager. Because in all honesty, it would make for a more realistic rendition of football -- as in its text simulations, doing any of the above is impossible by definition.

:applause:Yes, thats why i dont feel well  when people start to talk how FM is simulation and realistic. Ai is bad, their conversion is much lower then ours. Also, when we play for example, with Southampton against Arsenal or some other top 6 club, i dont feel that im Southampton and that i play against much better club. I dont actually see any power of AI. During the game or during the transfer season. AI squad build is still bad. And when we ask for code to make game better with mods, they say big no. When we ask to add game difficulty, they say its simulation of football so again, like secred cow, answer is big no. They are making the game for people who just start to play FM, they dont think about people who are playing this game for 10+ years and need challenge. I would really like that in future, maybe in 5 years, maybe 10, Miles start his talks with "this year, we are making FM for real challenge and for people who are playing this game for a long time and need challenge." And maybe, one day, they add option at the start of the game with name realistic simulation with brutal AI. Im 39 now, i play this game since 1993, i would really like to see that day. 

This game would be blast if i can play online with 5-6 people, that would be challenge. But im not 16 anymore and its hard find 5 players that can play in same time. 

Edited by Matej

Btw tactical gods and experts let me know what Espanyol's doing wrong and what they should be doing more, if you got any free time in your hands because I'm losing patience and faith with FM19 aswell.

This is the setup.

XkX0tya.png

And the amazing shots map, once again so great.

HAHXaDF.png

Espanyol v Villarreal.pkm

Edited by Armistice

53 minutes ago, Matej said:

:applause:This game would be blast if i can play online with 5-6 people, that would be challenge. But im not 16 anymore and its hard find 5 players that can play in same time. 

Amen to that. In a nutshell,  I am 42 and I can totally relate to just wanting to be structurally challenged. AI teams can 't provide this well enough. How beautiful the days were in a network game of 3 :D

1 hour ago, Matej said:

:applause:Yes, thats why i dont feel well  when people start to talk how FM is simulation and realistic. Ai is bad, their conversion is much lower then ours. Also, when we play for example, with Southampton against Arsenal or some other top 6 club, i dont feel that im Southampton and that i play against much better club. I dont actually see any power of AI. During the game or during the transfer season. AI squad build is still bad. And when we ask for code to make game better with mods, they say big no. When we ask to add game difficulty, they say its simulation of football so again, like secred cow, answer is big no. They are making the game for people who just start to play FM, they dont think about people who are playing this game for 10+ years and need challenge. I would really like that in future, maybe in 5 years, maybe 10, Miles start his talks with "this year, we are making FM for real challenge and for people who are playing this game for a long time and need challenge." And maybe, one day, they add option at the start of the game with name realistic simulation with brutal AI. Im 39 now, i play this game since 1993, i would really like to see that day. 

This game would be blast if i can play online with 5-6 people, that would be challenge. But im not 16 anymore and its hard find 5 players that can play in same time. 

So what you want is a game to match what you want? What about everyone else? What about the 16 year olds who are just getting into FM? What about people like me who haven’t had the game for 3 years so are coming to grips with it again? 

Its very easy to sit there and say, well I prefer it this way and I prefer it that way so that is what I want.. It doesn’t work like that. If you don’t like the game then that’s your problem.

I’m actually finding this years FM incredibly infuriating. I think the ME is poor and I cant seem to find a tactic that works consistently. 

Maybe I should ask the developers to make it a bit easier for people like me? 

7 minutes ago, true_valiant said:

So what you want is a game to match what you want? What about everyone else? What about the 16 year olds who are just getting into FM? What about people like me who haven’t had the game for 3 years so are coming to grips with it again? 

Its very easy to sit there and say, well I prefer it this way and I prefer it that way so that is what I want.. It doesn’t work like that. If you don’t like the game then that’s your problem.

I’m actually finding this years FM incredibly infuriating. I think the ME is poor and I cant seem to find a tactic that works consistently. 

It's called difficulty, it's in every game..

1 minute ago, BadAss88 said:

Its nearly impossible to implement into a simulation game like FM. What would you suggest? Any kind of difficulty change would make the game less realistic. Unless that’s what you want.. Then id suggest you get FIFA.

1 minute ago, true_valiant said:

Its nearly impossible to implement into a simulation game like FM. What would you suggest? Any kind of difficulty change would make the game less realistic. Unless that’s what you want.. Then id suggest you get FIFA.

That's just pure nonsense you're telling! I don't say it's easy, but I think there are quite a few things that are more difficult to implement that are already in the game..

You call the AI squad building and transfer policy realistic? And what does FIFA have to do with a more challenging AI?

11 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

The concept of Difficulty is flawed in games. You play a certain game long enough you start realizing what to do what not to do what works well and what doesn\t work well.  Most people complaining about FM is too easy is playing at a higher level and been playing for a long time, ofc you will now find the game easy because you have picked up knowledge over the years and when you execute this experience you are now building better tactics building better squads. There is nothing SI can do about that. 

You have to make your game harder, start at a non-league level, take a club full of debt or set yourself rudimentary guidelines like only sign regen players then you realize the difficulty goes way up. 

FIFA has difficulty settings and this year they added in Ultimate, and players are still scoring 3-0 4-0 pass the AI it all comes down to skill level. Cleon and Rashidi i never hear them complaining about game being too easy and they are my goto when am struggling with a tactical concept. 

My beta save was RB Liepzig and i won the bundesliga and DFB Cup only losing 3 matches in the league and 4 matches all season. 30 points between me and 2nd 13 points over Bayern. Many of those points were taken from losing position or turned into a draw. During the Match with Bayern when we were neck and neck i had the match on full making tweaks and changes as the match progress to steal 2-1 victory and set me 6 points ahead of them. 

Pep won the league by 20 points i guess IRL is too easy too. 

AI squad building isn't an easy concept to fix. This will be one of SI's hardest ever challenges implementing AI to mimic real-life behavior, the AI can only operate under a finite number of instructions AI has to plan for each possibility when coding the AI.  AI always welcome PKMs when the AI makes a transfer that makes no sense  but people normally complain instead of providing evidence 

Edited by Amarante

(Edit: I meant @Armistice )it would be better off posting a thread in the tactics forum regarding your tactic.:thup:

Since it looks like #10 taking most of those shots, I'd look at him a bit closer. See if he has the player trait to shoot and see if he has passing options and also whether your instructions let him pick those passes.

4 minutes ago, BadAss88 said:

That's just pure nonsense you're telling! I don't say it's easy, but I think there are quite a few things that are more difficult to implement that are already in the game..

You call the AI squad building and transfer policy realistic? And what does FIFA have to do with a more challenging AI?

I asked you for some suggestions on how you would introduce a difference to the difficulty? Well......

Just now, Amarante said:

I am thinking of doing it.

Sorry, I edited my past after you posted - take a look. I gave you an initial idea of where to look. It's certainly where I would start if I were in your position.

31 minutes ago, true_valiant said:

Im not against new players or players who didnt play game for some time. Totally opposite. Thats why i said that at the beginning of the game, ill quote myself " they add option at the start of the game with name realistic simulation with brutal AI". Its optional, we would be happy and people who find it hard would also be happy.

For the first time in my life, since day one, back in 1993, i didnt bought FM18. Just because im thinking they are doin nothing for experts in  this game. This year i bought 2 FM19, because i think they made progress in some aspects of the game, like training. I just wish that one day they make stronger AI, but im pretty sure they dont want strong AI, so everyone can feel special. Somehow i can understand that. But its wrong. There is beauty if you take bad club , and you make some small progress, for example you manage to win FA cup in 5-7 years, even you are not in Premier League. But its so easy that i can win everything in 10 seasons, Premier League , Champ L. , even i made new club and start the game from 4th league. 

Thats why im pretty sure we need options at the start of the game. And they are wrong if they think that if they make harder game, really good AI game,  that we would not buy next season new game. We are FM addicts, we would buy new game anyway. 

Edited by Matej

1 minute ago, BadAss88 said:

Making AI managers better.

Too broad. You cant just say "make them better." How? You want to see them buying better players? You want to see them winning more games? There will be so many factors to make that remotely possible. Saying make the manager better isn’t really a thing. I can’t imagine the amount of detail involved in making these games but id suggest some people will never be happy regardless. 

Like I said. Im really struggling this year. I cant seem to find a solution at all. I cant keep clean sheets and my strikers cant score. Hopefully they can make the AI manager worse. 

41 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

Amen to that. In a nutshell,  I am 42 and I can totally relate to just wanting to be structurally challenged. AI teams can 't provide this well enough. How beautiful the days were in a network game of 3 :D

Best years of my life. I need time and people to play that way again. So much better when you play against real people, especially if you know them. 

Just now, true_valiant said:

Too broad. You cant just say "make them better." How? You want to see them buying better players? You want to see them winning more games? There will be so many factors to make that remotely possible. Saying make the manager better isn’t really a thing. I can’t imagine the amount of detail involved in making these games but id suggest some people will never be happy regardless. 

Like I said. Im really struggling this year. I cant seem to find a solution at all. I cant keep clean sheets and my strikers cant score. Hopefully they can make the AI manager worse. 

Maybe to start scoring goals. They need 10 chances to score goal, we need 4. 

4 minutes ago, true_valiant said:

I presume there's a difference between let's say Pep or Klopp and a lower league manager, attribute-wise. I presume that attributes define if the manager is any good at tactics, buying the right players, training youth players, ... 

So 4 difficulty settings would make this for example:
EASY: attributes * 0.75
NORMAL: attributes * 1
HARD: attributes * 1.5
VERY HARD: attributes * 2

Impossible to implement you say?

Just now, BadAss88 said:

I presume there's a difference between let's say Pep or Klopp and a lower league manager, attribute-wise. I presume that attributes define if the manager is any good at tactics, buying the right players, training youth players, ... 

So 4 difficulty settings would make this for example:
EASY: attributes * 0.75
NORMAL: attributes * 1
HARD: attributes * 1.5
VERY HARD: attributes * 2

Impossible to implement you say?

You can do this yourself using the Editors provided? It makes the game less realistic in my opinion.

A think you guys need to understand that FM as a simulated football world is made to function without us, we are the ones that distort the game not the other way around.

Like i said before, as its a game difficulty is only concept. You have players that find this year version very hard and you have players that find it very easy. 

In both IRL and in the Game you will after a certain amount of time be ablet walk the league 

For those screaming the game is too easy, what clubs are you managing go and post your tactics and show the world your great tactical knowledge. When i win the league i call myself a great tactician. Right now am in the lower leagues with Halifax trying to implement positional play and teaaring my hair out with how difficult it is. 

Edited by Amarante

Just now, BadAss88 said:

Great! I'll adjust every 100.000 managers in game!

Great and ill do the same by making it all a little easier for myself so then I can actually get the result I want.

Orrrr Ill just accept the game for what it is, keep putting in the hours and the effort and just accepting the fact some people will find it easier than others. Like with EVERY SINGLE game in the world. 

I am not sure i agree with added difficulty levels.

However i do believe that stats should make a bigger difference in games. Look at AI managed Barcelona and how Messi performs. A player that should score a minimum of 25 goals per  season in la liga. scores around 10-15.

Maybe increase the attribute range of certain attributes like dribbling, finishing to 30? In this ME , Messi is not Messi is any mediocre player who scores 10 goals per season.

1 minute ago, andu1 said:

I am not sure i agree with added difficulty levels.

However i do believe that stats should make a bigger difference in games. Look at AI managed Barcelona and how Messi performs. A player that should score a minimum of 25 goals per  season in la liga. scores around 10-15.

Maybe increase the attribute range of certain attributes like dribbling, finishing to 30? In this ME , Messi is not Messi is any mediocre player who scores 10 goals per season.

I\ve seen Messi score 30 in my saves. Thats the beauty of football, one player can score 10 in a next person save he scores 30. 

I play total war and Civ and after playing so many versions even on the hardest difficulty i stil beat the game. 

What SI should improve on is multiplayer that is where he difficulty will happen. Single Player games by nature are designed that with the more hours you put in the easier it becomes. 

41 minutes ago, Amarante said:

You have to make your game harder, start at a non-league level, take a club full of debt or set yourself rudimentary guidelines like only sign regen players then you realize the difficulty goes way up. 

Why isnt there a poo emoji? 

This is nonsense, playing against bob the part time postman and the winner of the local village hot dog eating contest et al shouldnt be more difficult than playing as Espanyol vs Barcelona. 

If anything dropping down to the duldrums with useless part time players is far easier as you just need to sign physical players and use a tactical edge. At the top you need tactical edge and long term squad building... Because you are playing against the best teams in the world. 

Most of the feedback in terms of the game being easy, certainly my own impression, is a direct comparison to previous editions. 

Yes i am a long term player and good at tactics and i know most of the players in europes top league and englands professional leagues.... But comparing my bournemouth save from fm18 to fm19 with the same tactics and largely the same personnel... Fm 19 proved a lot easier 

5 hours ago, Armistice said:

Given that he's shown me how great he did with a Vanarama side, I doubt it's because of Espanyol. Their tactics? Possible, but it's in my hands to find a way around them.

It doesn't always happen like that, there are matches where we struggle to score. It just depends on how well I can recognise whats going on

3 minutes ago, Armistice said:

This is EXACTLY how strikers & the attacking mid should position themselves in an attacking phase.

lKek1sE.png

Sarcasm wont help... Both because its annoying and more importantly a lof of the readers are not first language English... So it will be confusing. That image is a concern... Get 10-20-30... Of them and raise a thread in the ME bugs section. At worse they can tell you its due to your players or roles. 

More likely it will get looked at in wider context of balancing and other peoples bugs on striker positioning and will help. 

Pkm with timing is 100% better than a still screen because they can monitor the movement through the whole transition

@Armistice, take it easy. You know that was over the line, and I edited it. 

This seems to be a completely different tactic to what you posted a page back. While it could be your setup, it could also be poor movement in the ME itself. You seem to be drastically changing tactics and I don't think it's helping your situation.

You struggle and then go on rants. As I recommended, get proper advice in the tactics forum. Might be worth a PKM in the ME section too, but include how you've setup, for context.

10 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Why isnt there a poo emoji? 

This is nonsense, playing against bob the part time postman and the winner of the local village hot dog eating contest et al shouldnt be more difficult than playing as Espanyol vs Barcelona. 

If anything dropping down to the duldrums with useless part time players is far easier as you just need to sign physical players and use a tactical edge. At the top you need tactical edge and long term squad building... Because you are playing against the best teams in the world. 

Most of the feedback in terms of the game being easy, certainly my own impression, is a direct comparison to previous editions. 

Yes i am a long term player and good at tactics and i know most of the players in europes top league and englands professional leagues.... But comparing my bournemouth save from fm18 to fm19 with the same tactics and largely the same personnel... Fm 19 proved a lot easier 

So you want to poo his emoji yet only took one of his examples. 

And by the way.. Your comment on being down in the lower leagues with useless part-time players is hilarious. Do some research. Its far easier being Chelsea, competing for the top players in Europe with Man Utd and easily beating teams like Brighton and Newcastle over being Newport County and trying to find players to go up against 23 other teams of pretty much the exact same quality. This is on top of everything else being poorer in the lower leagues including facilities, quality of staff and regens.

2 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Sarcasm wont help... Both because its annoying and more importantly a lof of the readers are not first language English... So it will be confusing. That image is a concern... Get 10-20-30... Of them and raise a thread in the ME bugs section. At worse they can tell you its due to your players or roles. 

More likely it will get looked at in wider context of balancing and other peoples bugs on striker positioning and will help. 

Pkm with timing is 100% better than a still screen because they can monitor the movement through the whole transition

I've posted in a lot of bug threads but I can't tell if they're looking at the issue or simply ignoring it.

jGCDdTE.png