Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

17 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Here’s a short video clip which represents the state of the actual ME:

1) Halstenberg passes to his teammate Demme but there’s an opposition player(Havertz) stands on the passing trajectory and only a blind man can not see it but Halstenberg still goes for a pass, of course, Havertz easly intercepts it.

In every match, I encounter a huge amount of similar illogical passes and it looks terrible :seagull:

2) Havertz then makes a trough ball pass to his teammate Balley and an opposition defender(Mukiele) doesn’t react to the pass but he could easily intercept it.  

In every match, I encounter a huge amount of cases when defenders don’t react to through ball passes and don’t even try to intercept those passes but they easily could do that. :seagull:

what also happens here at the end of the clip is that you have got 5 defensive players chasing the ball carrier with thye centreback being inexplicably drawn across leaving the centre forward free. I wonder if the ball was eventually passed to him for a tap in.  5 players chasing - that beats my best of 4

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Or shots n crosses drills to work the keepers

It's one of the suspension of disblief moments, being able to split units within each session is the logical next step for this module for managers of top tier clubs with an abundance of coaches staff. Next demo run for me is to get a feel for it at a part time club with the just a couple of coaches on hand.

• SI Staff
15 minutes ago, Barside said:

I was thinking of using the ES slot for keeper training but good to know that there is background outfield player training calculated when using GK unit training, I assume this is a akin to a gerenic outfield session with no particular focus so that outfield players do not incorrectly think they are doing noting for teh purpose of feedback & potential training interactions.

It has them work on their position/role/duty as assigned via individual training, should be listed on the GK session cards :thup:

• SI Staff
15 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Or shots n crosses drills to work the keepers

This is the case in some outfield sessions, but flipped. They'll be listed on the card with priority and attributes worked.

1 minute ago, Seb Wassell said:

This is the case in some outfield sessions, but flipped. They'll be listed on the card with priority and attributes worked.

The new training module sounds more n more impressive the more you post about it :thup: 

I start a new job next monday commuting 3 hrs each way... What better time to finally start delving into the training sessions. 

1 minute ago, westy8chimp said:

The new training module sounds more n more impressive the more you post about it :thup: 

I start a new job next monday commuting 3 hrs each way... What better time to finally start delving into the training sessions. 

6 hours a day just gettting to & from work on a good day, that sucks. 

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Allow me to offer you these as a starting point - 

4 hours ago, rdbayly said:

Played about a dozen matches since the full release, and the problems with penetrative central play are hugely evident. The below screenshot is highly representative of attacking build up for both the AI and my team:

image.thumb.png.ae1313e9a4e6eabfb8b14efeeab5e5c6.png 

I win the ball and my wide midfielder passes it infield to my AP (Payne). Now the first issue has already occurred, which is when we won the ball, both strikers immediately pushed right up onto the opposition CBs. From this point on both strikers remain completely static and are effectively marked out of the game. This behaviour is completely contrary to both their role instructions and core attributes.

The striker roles are STCL TM(s) / STCR AF(a). Both are well suited to their roles and have decent off the ball. It's hard to tell here who is on support and who is on attack duty. The TM should be dropping into the clear pocket of space in front of the defence to offer a passing option. In doing so, he opens up either option a) playing in his strike partner, or option b) playing a one-two with Payne (who could continue his run). If the AF was following his hard coded instructions, he should also be pulling away laterally into the space between the DCL and FBL. None of this happens, ever. 

As a result, what happened in this move is Payne's only option was to play it to the MCR, who played it to the MR. When this came to nothing, the play simply continued going side to side. Aside from set pieces or long balls over the top when the AI is frantically chasing the game, all of my goals originate from crosses following a flank overload. Ironically, when said wide overload is achieved, my strikers burst into life, making aggressive runs across defenders or drop off to find pockets of space.

Striker movement when play is central (and resultant forward passes) needs to be a key development focus of the current ME. 

This has been an issue for several years now. Players not just strikers remain so static inside the box when play is central. My IF's act similar when I am central near the box.

15 hours ago, kingking said:

Why is "Moving into Channels" not available for ML/MR/LB/RB?

Why can't a WBL/WBR stay wide and cut inside?

so many restrictions and limitations when creating player instructions

How can someone stay wide and cut inside at the same time? The player either stays wide or he cuts inside, it's 1 or the other.

3 hours ago, Travis Bickle said:

As mentioned in another thread, the editor deleted my file that I spent 10+ hours on. I was making a Cyprus update for the community and promised it would be delivered this weekend. It won't now. I don't understand how such severe errors make it past testing. 

but you had a back-up right as its so important?

I find that in the current ME players dwell on the ball for too long, they ignore obvious passing options to get out of pressure and as result they get tackled

In the video below Bender was tackled 2 times in a very short period of time, every time he ignored an obvious passing opportunity to Wendell in order to get out of pressure

3 minutes ago, cbcruz said:

2a7d1f2cab1044e0806ac91709882c5d.png

The left picture says something about the position of the player without the ball (when his team has posession), in this case he is instructed to stay ieder. the right picture instructs the player to cut inside once he receives the ball.

Just now, Mensell76 said:

The left picture says something about the position of the player without the ball (when his team has posession), in this case he is instructed to stay ieder. the right picture instructs the player to cut inside once he receives the ball.

The question asked was "Why can't a WBL/WBR stay wide and cut inside?", and not "Why can't a WBL/WBR stay wide when he has the ball and cut inside?".

31 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

How can someone stay wide and cut inside at the same time? The player either stays wide or he cuts inside, it's 1 or the other.

Stay wide/sit narrower is off ball. Run wide/cut inside is on ball. Its perfectly possible to do both.

Guardiola's whole system at Barca was build around the wide forwards staying wide and then cutting inside.

8 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

2 different scenarios, you never said which specific time, without the ball yes stay wider then when he has the ball he can cut in.

I wasn't the one asking the question.

You still can't ask a WB to stay wide when the team has the ball, and have him cut inside with the ball. It was obvious what kingking meant when s/he asked that question.

Also, "How can someone stay wide and cut inside at the same time? The player either stays wide or he cuts inside, it's 1 or the other."

These two options are not found in the same area. (Team has the ball/player has the ball), so again, it should've been even more obvious what kingking meant.

Players are still choosing to run towards the corner flag, stop and cross rather than running towards the endline or turning inside to cross on the move.  It doesn't happen all the time, but it pretty much shouldn't happen any of the time, especially when the guy with the ball is faster than his defender and has a step on him.  Taking the ball to the corner is something players do late in matches to waste time, not as part of a normal attacking sequence.

22 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Players are still choosing to run towards the corner flag, stop and cross rather than running towards the endline or turning inside to cross on the move.  It doesn't happen all the time, but it pretty much shouldn't happen any of the time, especially when the guy with the ball is faster than his defender and has a step on him.  Taking the ball to the corner is something players do late in matches to waste time, not as part of a normal attacking sequence.

This has been an issue for some time

Also, my goodness are players good at diving in two-footed from behind and getting the ball!  It's frickin' miraculous; they come away with the ball even when the player they're tackling doesn't have it yet.

Speaking of clairvoyant players, I conceded a goal from a shot by a player who started shooting before the rebound that gave him the ball had happened because the guy who did the original shot hadn't even gotten the ball yet.  The sequence is free kick comes in -> header knockdown -> scorer starts shooting -> winger volleys knockdown at goal -> keeper blocks shot -> rebound is scored by the guy who started his shooting animation way back at the front of that chain.

Edited by Sunstrikuuu

1 hour ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I find that in the current ME players dwell on the ball for too long, they ignore obvious passing options to get out of pressure and as result they get tackled

In the video below Bender was tackled 2 times in a very short period of time, every time he ignored an obvious passing opportunity to Wendell in order to get out of pressure

Here’s an additional example of the issue which I mentioned above

In the video below Dragovic tackles Werner and gets the ball but then instead of passing it to his teammates/GK he keeps dwelling on it and gets tackled by Werner… all that looks very unrealistic and I encounter a huge amount of similar cases every match

13 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Guys some of you let the responsability to plan the training to the staff? Are the results pretty decent the same if the staff is top? To be honest at the moment I don't want to spend time learning it

I am leaving it to assistant but keeping a close eye on it and tinkering with bits (i.e. when I think they need a rest for a session or work on tactical familiarity or team bonding after influx of transfers).

To be fair, the assistant AI is not as bad as was expecting. He nearly always follows logic and gives a good spread week in week out and that's a Vauxhall Conf Ass Man and seems to be working well. I do take over individual training though, he doesn't seemed to have sussed that in learning roles they play in.

20 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Here’s an additional example of the issue which I mentioned above

In the video below Dragovic tackles Werner and gets the ball but then instead of passing it to his teammates/GK he keeps dwelling on it and gets tackled by Werner… all that looks very unrealistic and I encounter a huge amount of similar cases every match

1 hour ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

2 hours ago, Vali184 said:

The amount of goals from corners is very unusual. 70% of the goals my team scored are from corner set pieces. 

guys post these issues to the bugs forum too.

2 ore fa, ParanoidBuddha ha scritto:

Guys some of you let the responsability to plan the training to the staff? Are the results pretty decent the same if the staff is top? To be honest at the moment I don't want to spend time learning it

The staff does a pretty good job on that :thup:

From my point of view, being a pseudo-coach myself, I find planning trainings one the most entertaining and brainy thing on this edition and I love it. Opponents report on the screen, team shape and training schedules... my cup of tea!

10 hours ago, rdbayly said:

Played about a dozen matches since the full release, and the problems with penetrative central play are hugely evident. The below screenshot is highly representative of attacking build up for both the AI and my team:

image.thumb.png.ae1313e9a4e6eabfb8b14efeeab5e5c6.png 

I win the ball and my wide midfielder passes it infield to my AP (Payne). Now the first issue has already occurred, which is when we won the ball, both strikers immediately pushed right up onto the opposition CBs. From this point on both strikers remain completely static and are effectively marked out of the game. This behaviour is completely contrary to both their role instructions and core attributes.

The striker roles are STCL TM(s) / STCR AF(a). Both are well suited to their roles and have decent off the ball. It's hard to tell here who is on support and who is on attack duty. The TM should be dropping into the clear pocket of space in front of the defence to offer a passing option. In doing so, he opens up either option a) playing in his strike partner, or option b) playing a one-two with Payne (who could continue his run). If the AF was following his hard coded instructions, he should also be pulling away laterally into the space between the DCL and FBL. None of this happens, ever. 

As a result, what happened in this move is Payne's only option was to play it to the MCR, who played it to the MR. When this came to nothing, the play simply continued going side to side. Aside from set pieces or long balls over the top when the AI is frantically chasing the game, all of my goals originate from crosses following a flank overload. Ironically, when said wide overload is achieved, my strikers burst into life, making aggressive runs across defenders or drop off to find pockets of space.

Striker movement when play is central (and resultant forward passes) needs to be a key development focus of the current ME. 

Yeah hopefully this gets looked at and maybe tweaked a bit.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Armistice said:

Surely a stupid question but wanna make sure what’s the latest game version? Mine says 19.1.1.

That is the latest game version.

On 02/11/2018 at 06:10, DementedHammer said:

Looks like I'll have to recreate my New Zealand lower league structure as I can't load the exported DBC file (as recommend above) using the new editor. So I guess it'll be a couple of days before I start playing properly. At least I can have the editors running side by side to copy everything across. 

It's 8am over here and I'm very tempted to stay home today. But, funnily enough, my company has its annual software release today too, so I don't particularly want to miss out on the free food and beer. 

Decisions, decisions. 

Why don’t you just expand the a league? 

1 ora fa, Federico ha scritto:

The staff does a pretty good job on that :thup:

From my point of view, being a pseudo-coach myself, I find planning trainings one the most entertaining and brainy thing on this edition and I love it. Opponents report on the screen, team shape and training schedules... my cup of tea!

I am reading a lot about football scouting instead then I prefer another side of the game :p 

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

9 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Raised this as a bug, however, thought I'd ask in here to see if anyone has any ideas. 

Is this deliberate? I've checked on the default skins and also all the installed ones, cleared the cache and reloaded the skins several times, but where it used to be a green circle for a win, it's now black, and a draw now shows as some dark brown colour. I hope this isn't how it's intended as it was perfect before. Any ideas? 

icons.PNG

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

46 minutes ago, pauly15 said:

@Seb Wassell RE coaching assignments. I have my coaches on one area per coach, then my worst coach I will put on 4 or 5 areas to lighten the load. Is this a good strategy or is that guy going to ruin all my good coaches work?

From memory, the lead coach sets the standard and subsequent coaches of lower ability reduce the workload.

4 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I find that there's an extreme amount of "two-footed sliding tackles" in every match

Sometimes, matches look more like UFC fights than football matches

I've seen this as well. I have tackles on the middle setting and my team is diving into tackles all over the place. I once had 3 players dive for a tackle at the same time. 

Just a few screenshots below of scenarios that are happening way too often.

Imagie 1: Zaha has the ball in behind the midfield. EDIT: Image 1 shown at bottom 

Image 2: Desipte having space and time on the ball, the ball goes out wide to a full back whos well behind play

Image 3: Fullback has plenty of space and time on the ball to get a cross in due to winger not tracking the run

Image 4: fullback dwells on ball and gets tackled.

At the moment there's a hell of a lot of stuff happening that simply doesn't make sense. Very frustrating to watch, especially when there are periods of play where good football is played

20181103225503_1.jpg

20181103225549_1.jpg

20181103225608_1.jpg

20181103225838_1.jpg

Edited by RobertPage

in this situation he should have crossed from deep to the far post.

it happens all the time but why there's no support for full-backs? one two's? why not hold the ball? everyone just watching how they get tackled. crossing is total mess, instead of trying to improve defending and decision making, there's corner after corner now..

Edited by Mitja

17 minuti fa, Mitja ha scritto:

happens all the time but why there's no support to full-backs? why not hold the ball? everyone just watching how they get tackled. 

he should have crossed from deep to the far post.

Zaha could have run into that space ahead of the full back to create an overload and, at the same time, it would open space for a diagonal pass in the middle if he was tracked by the defenders. then it might have made sense. but worst of all are those two cm's holding hands in the middle.

Untitled.thumb.png.53e57f79324ed965ef5c40cb8fded7eb.png

Edited by MBarbaric

Seeing that a lot, wide men getting the ball in plenty of space to pick a cross & taking their sweet time before getting closed down. There's gotta be something we're not seeing in the ME to understand it but it's sure annoying to see 

As above, Zaha could've driven forward & Wan-Bissaka could've at least tried for a cross to the CF