Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, RobertPage said:

Another one of many horrible UI changes. Just something simple like being able to click on the players names and check their stats to actually give an answer based off some information, not just a name which is what i have to go by here 

20181106213101_1.jpg

Pretty sure that was always like that for those questions.

5 minutes ago, bradjsmith said:

Wierd in rl Liverpool play the gegenpress and yet don't get an injury in game per game 

This is a complete myth. No team presses with extremely high intensity for the entire 90 minutes. Liverpool often start with high intensity, but tire and end up sitting deeper to hit teams on the break. This really needs to be understood by users as I'm fed up of reading it.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Pretty sure that was always like that for those questions.

The players names used to be in the question. i used to be able to click their names to quickly check their stats and then go back to answer the question. Barely played fm18 so am not sure if this change had been made then, but its still a little thing which is important, especially considering the press conferences are difficult to care about as it is.

Finally got a chance to start a full save this year and - while it's too early to pronounce on the full experience - I will say that I'm very happy overall. In particular, the 3d graphics engine has never looked better, the ME is brilliant so far, I'm pleased with scouting, I can't get my head around training (but happy at the mo' to leave it to my AM), and so far I have no issue with long shots, crosses, long balls, idiot strikers, or anything else. Great job, SI!

I'm not having fun playing this game so many things feel wrong. At the same time there's clearly lots of potential in this ME but it's not polished. Don't get me wrong I  know it's not easy to fix everything but it feels like so many obvious things skipped testing, there were some really good parts of old MEs which are missing now. Crossing thing got even worse than it was on 17 ME. There was really nice one touch pass and move football around penalty area, which you couldn't achieve against bigger teams. Why is that gone? Also it was a lot harder to beat best teams in league, now it's easier to win against City than Fulham. Maybe I'm still in 17 but role selection looks strange and all teams use same roles in given formation. Again tactical AI doesn't look like being improved. 

23 minutes ago, RobertPage said:

The players names used to be in the question. i used to be able to click their names to quickly check their stats and then go back to answer the question. Barely played fm18 so am not sure if this change had been made then, but its still a little thing which is important, especially considering the press conferences are difficult to care about as it is.

Yes, I certainly remember the clickable names being underneath the question in FM13, which was especially useful when newgens started to dominate the game world and I wasn't too clued-up on the best performers.

Not being able to quickly view the applicable players' statistics in FM19 is a little off-putting, and I just reply "No comment" to those questions now. 'Tis a shame.

11 hours ago, Matej said:

:applause:Yes, thats why i dont feel well  when people start to talk how FM is simulation and realistic. Ai is bad, their conversion is much lower then ours.

The AI's conversion is actually usually pretty realistic. Man City last term converted about 16% of their attempts, f'r instance. Something the AI traditionally can reach too. Naturally, this is going to fluctuate. The averages usuallyl are about 10%. It's about how these extra percentages for human managers typically come about... (the line between tactical masterclass and AI/ME exploit is a fine one).

It's only if you are aiming for fantasies such as mediocre sides for their level easily breaching the opposition box every time they go forward that you would need to approach the game like a "second job". And arguably, it's a good sign as of the game engine's robustness if you would need to do such. As none, neither the big time conversion edges, nor walking into oppositioin areas with average players is (competitive) football much. If your aim is to basically invent another sports entirelly, something Guardiola et all can't do -- be prepared to put that effort in. And probably still fail. :D

Edited by Svenc

11 minutes ago, Svenc said:

The AI's conversion is actually usually pretty realistic. Man City last term converted about 16% of their attempts, f'r instance. Something the AI traditionally can reach too. Naturally, this is going to fluctuate. The averages usuallyl are about 10%. It's about how these extra percentages typically come about... (the line between tactical masterclass and AI/ME exploit is a fine one). I actually think the tactical subforums is in parts doing a huge disservice to the game. You don't need to go there to at least match the AI usually. You also don't even need to approach the game as if it was  second job to outperform it (and this will always be the case, which is fine). Furthermore, you are able to overachieve via completely different means but merely tactical ones too.

It's only if you are aiming for fantasies such as mediocre sides for their level easily breaching the opposition box every time they go forward that you would need to approach the game like a "second job". And arguably, it's a good sign as of the game engine's robustness if you would need to do such. As none, neither the big time conversion edges, nor walking into oppositioin areas with average players is (competitive) football much. If your aim is to basically invent another sports entirelly, something Guardiola et all can't do -- be prepared to put that effort in. And probably still fail. :D

You know what i dont get it ? Where people from tactics forum find challenge? I play for 20 years, but i know that they know how game works much better. And for me is supereasy game. How they feel and how they find challenge with such AI? Im thinking about WWfan, he was great, Cleon and others. I think i saw that Cleon went crazy ( in good way) and he is playing without attributes now. Lol. But really, where those people find challenge when for people who dont go to tactic forum is easy game. 

I bet they have some secret mod with good and agresive AI. :D 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Dave said:

Feel like the ME forces me to play wide and go for crosses because of the utter pointlessness of having shots in and around the penalty area because between the width of the goal every shot seems to be blocked. 

The ME forces you out wide because players are completely static in the box when the ball is central. Watch your striker and wide men when you have the ball in central areas. They don't make runs until the ball goes out wide.

10 hours ago, Snootch said:

Are people having an issue with the 'Clear Cut Chances' & 'Half Chances' metric in the Match Stats? In roughly ~6 games with Leeds so far I don't think there have ever been more than 1 CCC per team, if that. 

Is it my tactics, is the metric unreliable in terms of what it deems as a CCC, or is it the ME? Just want to put my mind at ease. 

play with higher tempo

play more direct on your setup

IF the opposite has regrouped and sit deep in their final third, you are almost impossible to make any CCC, because they can not make any killer pass in current ME.

IF they are defensive, dont press too high, try to pull them out although it is not necessary work.

Why there is no creative in final third when the opposite sit deep in current ME?

Lack of width for offensive player no matter how width you set. It just rely on your wing back. No space is created. Actually it is outdated in modern football. In modern football, winger will stay wide even he is in the final third and will not make any useless crossing,

Offensive players are forced to put the ball wide to the wing back make crossing in current ME. Due to the crossing issue in beta, SI team has increased the chance of blocking  the cross and tackle by the defensive player. You can see lots of tackle and success rate (closely 90% by every team)

Striker  never sit deep in the final third no matter what roles you set to him. Someone said that punting hold position to d/f-s will be effective. Actually it is false. How many years of this has been reported?

In current ME, if the opposite team play offensive, the game is still fun to watch. Chance is still created.

Edited by keithfc

6 hours ago, bradjsmith said:

Wierd in rl Liverpool play the gegenpress and yet don't get an injury in game per game 

Liverpool IRL do not gegenpress for 90 minutes. They manage their press during the game based on how they are doing. Man City play possession football so they don't tire because they rest on the ball. It's actually unbelievable how good they are on the ball. 

hace 11 horas, Neil Brock dijo:
hace 11 horas, hernansuperstar dijo:

Yes, I know I was played FM19 in Windows 10, but has a lot of bugs and I was decided to intall Linux as my main operating system (actually use the Ubuntu mate distro) that is more fast and stable than Windows 10. So please understand me and considering to release FM19 for Linux. I'm not a new game user. I BOUGHT THE GAME SINCE 1993. SO PLEASE RELEASE FM19 FOR LINUX. I DON'T WANT TO USE WINDOWS 10 OR OTHER SOFTWARE OR OPERATING SYSTEM, ONLY LINUX. CONSIDERING THAT I'M A VERY OLD USER OF THE GAME PLEASE!

Sorry it won't be happening. Miles stated during the announcement phase that it simply wasn't covering the development costs (coding and QA) to be viable. Simply put, releasing on Linux was loss-making. 

It's ok, thank you for your support and I thing Miles Jacobson is an important employee in SIGAMES. I love FM19, this year SEGA and SIGAMES make an awesome game, congratulations for the great work developing and releasing this superb version. I'm very happy playing the game, but I'm a little sad because I can't work for SIGAMES: when I was a child I wanted to be a games developer, I was started the SYSTEMS ANALYST career with no luck, but today I paint artworks and I Will sell them in an art exhibition in the next week (are 5 beautiful paintings wich is the legitimate offspring of this year's art study). Considering to buy me an artwork, a big one please, (that's a joke!).

For me is a Little difficult to write in english because my native language is spanish and I don't use any traductor (bah, yes, I use it a little). I put my effort because us deserve it (for me you are a serious company and I value it that much!).

I buy Football Manager versions each year in an argentinian website called "MercadoLibre". Today I was talking to a friend and he give me a lot of tips about making disk partitions, so I will have 2 operating systems: Windows 10 for playing FM19 and the Linux distro Ubuntu Mate for enjoy the life in my computer.

So, I apreciate especially the last answer that the game is expensive to release in the Linux plataform. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE EMPLOYEES THAT MAKING THIS GREAT GAME! I SEND A BIG HUGH TO MILES, I HAVE A STRONG ADMIRATION TO HIM SINCE A LOT OF YEARS!

BYE AND I WISH YOU A HAPPY DEVELOPING FOR THE NEXT GAME TO BE RELEASED IN THE NEXT YEAR, PERHAPS THE FM20 version, GOOD LUCK AND KEEP IT UP WITH THIS EXCELENT WORK MAKING THIS GREAT AND BEAUTIFUL GAME!

Edited by hernansuperstar
Because the text was not looking good at all

7 hours ago, rdbayly said:

This is a complete myth. No team presses with extremely high intensity for the entire 90 minutes. Liverpool often start with high intensity, but tire and end up sitting deeper to hit teams on the break. This really needs to be understood by users as I'm fed up of reading it.

ok dad !!! you dont see that they are tiring in game at least not more than the opponent. my players still have more stamina left at the end of the game than my opponents. also why the 8 in internationals in match in the recent int break ?? they didnt use my tactics

FM18 passed me by and I've been on my old FM17 saves, but FM19 so far seems excellent (only to November in the 1st season, I should add).

My only whinge so far is there's no change to the press conferences and the toe-curlingly embarrassing statements still remain. EG: "That, simply put, was not good enough". What manner of dweeb inserts that "simply put" interjection? I'm embarrassed clicking on it. "You just have to stand up and applaud" etc. Who says these things?

And I don't care what the pc brigade says and what their excuses are about word meaning is correct by usage and all this postmodernist bollocks, "disinterested" means impartial, like a referee or a judge. "Uninterested" means unconcerned and bored. If a player looks "disinterested" are we to take it he's refereeing the match?

1 hour ago, JimV said:

And I don't care what the pc brigade says and what their excuses are about word meaning is correct by usage and all this postmodernist bollocks,

What are you on about :D

2 hours ago, bradjsmith said:

ok dad !!! you dont see that they are tiring in game at least not more than the opponent. my players still have more stamina left at the end of the game than my opponents. also why the 8 in internationals in match in the recent int break ?? they didnt use my tactics

The percentage drop-off of players during a match relates to their short-term condition. What you are not taking into account is the under-the-hood mechanic of fatigue; which has seen some big changes and is now more closely connected to the impact of your tactical system and training strategy. If your players are fatigued and at high / very high risk of injury when they go on international duty, then it isn't surprising that they pick up injuries. Remember that international managers don't care about your club and will always play their best players in big games, as their jobs often depend on qualification for tournaments. These are a few things to consider to reduce injuries in your save if you want to persist with a a high press / intensity system:

1. Training is key. Your staff tell you that high intensity pre-season schedules with lots of endurance / resistance / quickness / physical sessions will stave off fatigue for longer over the course of a season. I suggest you set up your own pre-season schedules due to the intensity of your tactic. Here is a link to a video by Rashidi on getting started with Arsenal. The training segment at 15:11 demonstrates what you can do to go above and beyond the assistant manager defaults - decreasing fatigue during the season. I also suggest reducing / removing physical sessions during periods of fixture congestion (as these can slip in if left to your assistant). The video explains it all.

2. Set up a second version of your tactical system with a lower line of engagement and lower pressing intensity. This can focus on keeping the ball, which is ideal to switch to when seeing a game out against opposition you are 2 or 3 goals up on. There is no point in high pressing an already defeated Cardiff team at home in the 90th minute when you have a big Champions League game a few days later.

3. If you are not already doing so, I recommend inserting a column on your main squad view called 'overall risk' which brings together all of the medical centre metrics and provides an injury risk rating for players. This massively helps me with squad rotation.

If you are already doing all of the above then I suggest raising it in the bugs forum and provide your save.

Ok son !!!

Edited by rdbayly

Were there any match engine changes in the most recent patch? I just played a match and the offsides seemed crazy. Maybe it was just an anomaly, but the number of players just standing offside and not seemingly having any idea of their position was rather silly.

18 minutes ago, anagain said:

Were there any match engine changes in the most recent patch? I just played a match and the offsides seemed crazy. Maybe it was just an anomaly, but the number of players just standing offside and not seemingly having any idea of their position was rather silly.

i played two games after update and fullbacks dwelling on ball has gone. maybe i'm just imagening.

To be honest im not playing again until the match engine is improved. Im sick of losing games even though im having 30+ shots and the AI having just 2 shots that go in. Balls straight over the top everytime too. I often find the game unstable in the first couple of months but FM19 is on a different level.

6 minutes ago, true_valiant said:

To be honest im not playing again until the match engine is improved. Im sick of losing games even though im having 30+ shots and the AI having just 2 shots that go in. Balls straight over the top everytime too. I often find the game unstable in the first couple of months but FM19 is on a different level.

I'm not even trolling but that's a tactical problem

Lower your tempo, defensive line & LOE, work ball into the box etc to start with, post a thread up on the tactic pages for some in depth help  

58 minutes ago, anagain said:

It's still the same ME, yes. These hotfixes are mainly for stability improvements, fixing crashes and such.

8 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Lower your tempo, defensive line & LOE, work ball into the box etc to start with, post a thread up on the tactic pages for some in depth help  

Im trying to stick with the 4-1-2-3 or 4-2-1-3 but I just dont think away from home that either of them are possible as it stands.

Edited by true_valiant

Just now, akinozcan said:

Is there any possibility that an update which includes ME changes will be released soon?

We will have to wait and see. These things are never announced ahead of time.

FM should find a way that stops players looking at completely useless MOTD style stats. This can't be put any more "friendly", but everybody ever arguing off "shots" posted on a spreadsheet doesn't even get football or any sports on a basic level. However, that's what the game "teaches" players to do. As does media. The game should make players think about in terms of how many players sides still have behind the ball on interceptions. How much space sides actually find on each attack. How to increase the chance of scoring (genrally). How to decrease the chance of concedingn (generally) -- and how to balance it all according to various different scenarios such as:

- being 1-0 up away to City with a mere minutes to go and they start going gung-ho
- being 2-1 in front and just having received a sending off
- being 0-1 behind with yet a half to go, and nothing much quality seems to be happening

A bit like the AI tends to do things.

This is akin to Guardiola last term noting he conceded but ~5 attempts average in the Prem. Yet, by the end of the season he would find his side still averaged almost a goals conceded per game. In other words: Whenever he concedes, it is of little shots (up to 3 goals off 4 attempts against United) Given his pretty exposing style of football, some of it may simply be expected. Not sure what Zidane did last term naturally (losing and drawing games consistently even though managing a side that had by far the most shots in all of Europe), but I think it played a significant part in his resigning. :D

Feedback such as this is nothing new. And it won't go away until you start teaching your audience a little  -.- whic mainstream sports media doesn't do.

Edited by Svenc

24 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It's still the same ME, yes. These hotfixes are mainly for stability improvements, fixing crashes and such.

Thanks, just wanted to be sure. They sometimes don't include everything patched in the notes. 

The match I played was an anomaly, but my TM does seem to be straying offside a lot. There was a lot of poor positioning leading to offsides in FM18, and to be honest I expect it at Conference level. 

1 hour ago, true_valiant said:

Im trying to stick with the 4-1-2-3 or 4-2-1-3 but I just dont think away from home that either of them are possible as it stands.

I'd say start a thread over on the Tactics board with details of your team & tactic

At the minute, I'm 70 minutes into a Champs League qualifier with Celtic against Young Boys & I'm 5-0 up with 15 shots at goal with 12 on target

I'm playing on Balanced everything standard with Play down the Flanks & Counter the only instructions, I've destroyed them with pace down the wings 

I find with higher mentalities & quicker tempos it can force too many chances when I'd rather slow it down & pick my chances 

Away games are a lot tougher, I lost the 1st leg away 3-2 but ask for the help & you'll get it   

Edited by Johnny Ace

13 hours ago, Naninani said:

Crossing thing got even worse than it was on 17 ME. There was really nice one touch pass and move football around penalty area, which you couldn't achieve against bigger teams. Why is that gone?   

glad that someone alse mentions this, thank you.

yes there was very sexy football on FM17 when you ticked work the ball into box, where forwards would drop deep, making themselves available for one-touch passes, MCs would move up to play one-two's, passing was neat, movement too. yeah where is that gone??? 

it really looked nice. personally i think that's almost all this ME engine needs. we want that back :D

1 hour ago, Mitja said:

glad that someone alse mentions this, thank you.

yes there was very sexy football on FM17 when you ticked work the ball into box, where forwards would drop deep, making themselves available for one-touch passes, MCs would move up to play one-two's, passing was neat, movement too. yeah where is that gone??? 

it really looked nice. personally i think that's almost all this ME engine needs. we want that back :D

The ME in the beta was fine,  i was getting great through balls and great crossing. Since the crossing OP enthusiast came in the ME went to ****. Pressing isn\t working right short passing doesn\t exist and Strikers are like statutes. 

4 hours ago, rdbayly said:

The percentage drop-off of players during a match relates to their short-term condition. What you are not taking into account is the under-the-hood mechanic of fatigue; which has seen some big changes and is now more closely connected to the impact of your tactical system and training strategy. If your players are fatigued and at high / very high risk of injury when they go on international duty, then it isn't surprising that they pick up injuries. Remember that international managers don't care about your club and will always play their best players in big games, as their jobs often depend on qualification for tournaments. These are a few things to consider to reduce injuries in your save if you want to persist with a a high press / intensity system:

1. Training is key. Your staff tell you that high intensity pre-season schedules with lots of endurance / resistance / quickness / physical sessions will stave off fatigue for longer over the course of a season. I suggest you set up your own pre-season schedules due to the intensity of your tactic. Here is a link to a video by Rashidi on getting started with Arsenal. The training segment at 15:11 demonstrates what you can do to go above and beyond the assistant manager defaults - decreasing fatigue during the season. I also suggest reducing / removing physical sessions during periods of fixture congestion (as these can slip in if left to your assistant). The video explains it all.

2. Set up a second version of your tactical system with a lower line of engagement and lower pressing intensity. This can focus on keeping the ball, which is ideal to switch to when seeing a game out against opposition you are 2 or 3 goals up on. There is no point in high pressing an already defeated Cardiff team at home in the 90th minute when you have a big Champions League game a few days later.

3. If you are not already doing so, I recommend inserting a column on your main squad view called 'overall risk' which brings together all of the medical centre metrics and provides an injury risk rating for players. This massively helps me with squad rotation.

If you are already doing all of the above then I suggest raising it in the bugs forum and provide your save.

Ok son !!!

This is a much kinder response than I would've capable of under the same circumstances. Well done mate.

2 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Hang on a second mate. If in order to be successful you have to play a certain style, that's an ME problem not a tactical one. 

49 minutes ago, Amarante said:

The ME in the beta was fine,  i was getting great through balls and great crossing. Since the crossing OP enthusiast came in the ME went to ****. Pressing isn\t working right short passing doesn\t exist and Strikers are like statutes. 

50 crosses, 20 corners per game and majority of goals commming from crosses or set pieces after 4 years of same issue not getting fix but actually getting even worse is ok? nobody asked for pressing changes or forwards being stationed in the box too. you're pissed at wrong guys i believe.

1 hour ago, RocheBag said:

Hang on a second mate. If in order to be successful you have to play a certain style, that's an ME problem not a tactical one. 

He was talking about having 30 odd shots a game whereas the AI were having 1 & scoring, that's nowt to do with the ME, that's about telling your team to play high up the pitch & leaving yourself exposed   

23 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

He was talking about having 30 odd shots a game whereas the AI were having 1 & scoring, that's nowt to do with the ME, that's about telling your team to play high up the pitch & leaving yourself exposed   

I took his comment as saying it's too hard to create chances playing a high line and through the middle. Which it is. If he was complaining about conceding then yes that's his tactics.

Finished my first full season: took Venezia to a surprising automatic promotion to Serie A after being predicted 13th, but threw away the title in the closing weeks.

Some ME quirks (ball pings around too much too easily, central attacking players are too static, hoofball by no-nonsense defenders is weirdly effective) and the usual odd-but-inconsequential interactions bug aside, this is by far the best shape I can remember a FM game being at launch in years.

The only thing I actively dislike is that it's now much, much harder to drill my team to have perfect personalities (Resolute, Spirited, Professional, Reserved, Unflappable, Evasive, etc.), and I was kinda obsessive about doing that before. The mentoring groups hurt my soul, even if they're more realistic.

Edited by Double Indemnity

1 minute ago, Johnny Ace said:

Yesterday evening I watched the Champions League match Tottenham Hotspur vs my team PSV. In the past two weeks I have watched more FM matches in full then regular live football.

I am accepting the urge of people to want to belittle me but here is the thing:

The current ME is nothing short of spectular when it comes to simulating football matches. I have stated earlier that I do think a BALANCED team mentality momentarily is the key to achieve such a thing but it does not change the fact that this ME is a real work of art and makes other ME's (which might have been more enjoyable at a certain point) look pale in comparison.

The resemblence of yesterday's match with the FM ME is remarkable. PSV was put with its back against the wall for almost the entire match, after managing to score 1 goal out of only 2 opportunities all match. What was clearly visible is the patterns of play between a team with a positive possession based tactic with a decent amount of pressing (Tottenham) against a team that just could not cope with the quality of this opponent:

- PSV seemed totally passive in terms of being able to counter press due to distances becoming too big and resorted to a handball defense much of the time

- Tottenham could not find an opening with a through ball due to the congested nature of the central area's . Their passing strategy was focusing on the Wings , but crosses were blocked most of the times due to the fanatic defending of PSV (I admire my guys for that effort). It often looked like the players on the Wings were lingering on the ball, while of course in real life you could see more clearly that they just could not see the best passing option available in such a congested area before being put under pressure again by a PSV player.

- Harry Kane as a central striker was mostly tucked away deep between the two central defenders of PSV and did not make a lot of effort to be part of play in other area's.

- PSV resorted in hoof the ball long, going for poor direct passes way to quickly, trying to counter. Passing completion was below par when compared to their appearances in Holland. Assesment of when to go long and when to try to retain possession was much poorer than usual

Sounds familiar? Back to FM:

The main issues of this ME is and was the lack of movement of the SC and  the Inside forwards or Wingers. In real life they offer a lot more support and movement off and on the ball against heavily defending teams. I am sure in yesterday's match Tottenham would have played the through ball on the first opportunity PSV had given them. In the current ME the opportunities are just not being explored enough, as for some reason the emphasise is just a bit too much on wideplay. Next to that the great dribbles of a player like Lucas Moura in real life are not really visible in the current ME as much as I would prefer, making this ME lack the WOW factor in an attacking sense. And of course passing directness on mentalities other than Balanced is a bit off at the moment.

Other than that there is plenty of WOW factor in this ME. But you need to be willing to put on your pink glasses as well:

+ the way pressing works in this ME (and with pressing I am not referring to engaging on the ball, but also pressing the space which is just or even more vital) is gorgeous.

+ Build up play can look quite sensational even though in real life there is probably a tad bit more patient passing between two central defenders. + Interceptions by central defenders look fantastic.

+ Wingback defending ,being helped by wingers on support duty, in this ME has come along way. 

+ Goals scored through crossing can look sensational. My Angelino-De Jong combination in game looks a lot like the real deal.

+ Goals scored from corners can look fantastic as well. The goal PSV scored yesterday from the corner, I swear I have seen this in ME as well

+ The balance of succesful Long  shooting, direct free kicks in this ME feels better than ever

+ Goalkeeping in general looks more balanced in terms of build up play but also defending of corners and making nice reflexes

+ And so on...

Bottom line: appreciation for what is already there, gives me the energy to focus on what I still want/wish in this ME or what I have analysed as being wrong. After that I put my energy in trying to persuade SI to make adjustments in the appropriate forum, where my chances are highest of SI reading and recognising my so called "bugs". I can only wish some of you (do not feel offended) would have the same spirit in trying to actually help out on the bugs forum as you clearly have for stating your grievances on here.

At the end of the day it would not surprise me if the tweaks having to be made by SI actually are quite small before this ME shines as never before. But the smaller the tweak, the easier the offset margin becomes. Or at least that is my conception of programming an ME with so many variables.

Enjoy your day and FM everyone! 

Gave up on Beta due to injuries, didn't play the full version until today.

Continued my beta save, start of the second season.

Injuries are still terrible. Midway September, two of my midfielders get leg breaks during training sessions (default intensity).
Bought a player before the end of the first season (Chiesa). Ankle break during June internationals, was just about to recover, gets called up for September internationals. I set the instructions for him to play as little as possible, they still field him with 40% match fitness and light injury status. Instant 2 month injury again. Ridiculous.

Match engine is something else. As most people here complained, strikers are just useless. Even word class ones.
Over the past 4-5 years I never had any issues with top level strikers, they always scored at least 30 goals. Now they just waste 90% of their chances. Absolutely dreadful finising.  And it's not just me, AI strikers also have dreadful conversion ratio.

Too bad because everything except for injuries and ME seems great, but I just have no motivation to play the game where every striker is basically Morata.

6 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Injuries are still terrible. Midway September, two of my midfielders get leg breaks during training sessions (default intensity).
Bought a player before the end of the first season (Chiesa). Ankle break during June internationals, was just about to recover, gets called up for September internationals. I set the instructions for him to play as little as possible, they still field him with 40% match fitness and light injury status. Instant 2 month injury again. Ridiculous.

Federico Chiesa was my most injury-prone player in the first season with Fiorentina. Though his problems weren't as severe as your Chiesa's, he did have a couple of month-long injuries (a broken toe in November and a calf strain in January).

I have actually been incredibly lucky with injuries so far. I didn't get my first severe injury (> 2 months) until the second pre-season just gone - and even then, it was to one of my least promising Under-18s players.

Training is usually on default intensity, and I manually set up my schedules.

20 minutes ago, iMan said:

After stumbling upon a winning system i’d like to retract this statement and congratulate SI on the greatest ME of all 

Care to elaborate this time? Since your initial statement wasn't explanatory either.

I've raised this as a bug in the league specific section, but other people already had and it's been ignored. Iceland is broken and basically unplayable.

I know Iceland isn't on the top of the priority list, but it's my go to long term save on every version and this is the first year it's been like this.

U19 teams are now shared which is more realistic as this is how it works in real life. However instead of being another squad in the club, it's another club all together with an affiliation. In theory this is fine but it doesn't work in game for several reasons:

- You have no control over your youth players training as they are technically on loan and not at the club

- Because it's a loan, players can reject the loan. There is no way a youth player should ever be able to reject being sent to the u19 team.

- The board often terminates the affiliation leaving you with no youth team at all.

These issues make playing in Iceland incredibly difficult and will result in me having to try to get a refund as my annual Fjarøabyggø save is largely the only reason I play the game.

Really hoping this gets looked at but it's been stated in the Iceland specific thread in the bugs forum several times already with no response.

Cheers.

Edited by RocheBag

16 hours ago, Matej said:

I bet they have some secret mod with good and agresive AI. :D 

SI keeps track of the people who are consistently being constructive and helping out in making FM better. That inner circle is rewarded by playing FM 19+- The infinite challenge.

It has an extraordinary ME and almost perfect AI (omg Guardiola in FM19+ :eek:)