Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

Also the Serie A numbers are high compared to real life. A goal every 3 games from corners is far too much. Real life teams score less than 1 every 4.

You got evidence to back this claim up? 

Anyway, it's only one team in the league that have that ratio, 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

Have been stressing the lack of forward movement on the bugs forum. Luckily others are now constructively helping out. 

The lack of forward movement i.m.o ties to almost all issues people keep stressing on about:

lack of through balls, predominant focus on wing play, which results in more corners and throw ins, leading to more goals from set pieces.

The ME is fantastic in many regards,  it is so close to blowing all previous ME's out of the water. 

It's a combination of factors, that makes it complicated, because they are all combined so knock on effects are multiplied. Easier said than done but I'd start with the forward movements first. Even that alone would bring immediate benefits. But then I'm not a coder so that's easy for me to say to do 

26 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

In my humble opinion, this is the most sensible thing posted in the last page or two. The OTT reactions deriding the ME are way wide of the mark, and anyone with a modicum of perceptive gumption can see how close SI have got to something very special.

If the balance of who plays a through ball, when and from where can be addressed along with forward movement, then we're golden.

Definitely. Everything is linked. There are lots of people talking about lots of issues, but in my eyes it all goes back to the lack of off ball movement in central areas. Once that gets fixed (been acknowledged repeatedly by SI) everything else will look better.

The "unplayable" crowd are definitely taking the **** a little.

Just now, RocheBag said:

Definitely. Everything is linked. There are lots of people talking about lots of issues, but in my eyes it all goes back to the lack of off ball movement in central areas. Once that gets fixed (been acknowledged repeatedly by SI) everything else will look better.

The "unplayable" crowd are definitely taking the **** a little.

Agreed. As @Mensell76 observed and @themadsheep2001 subsequently commented, there are a combination of factors at play and it's bloody complicated. If SI address the forward movement then it *may* resolve a number of problems, but equally it might expose a new swathe of defensive issues. It's such a madly complex game and I do think that swooshes over a number of heads still. Balancing this ME is a proper pain in the ass; if it wasn't it'd already be nigh-on perfect.

Again, advancing years are at play here, but I do wish people would have a sense of perspective.

31 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

It's a combination of factors, that makes it complicated, because they are all combined so knock on effects are multiplied. Easier said than done but I'd start with the forward movements first. Even that alone would bring immediate benefits. But then I'm not a coder so that's easy for me to say to do 

I am not a coder either. I try to look at things from an action-reaction point of view. The other knock on effect we might be seeing is a little one:

Dribbling has been made slightly less effective and one directional but it again adds to more corners, throw ins and less variety in goals scored.

Again an example of a little thing piled up on a little bit of a bigger thing,  together resulting in overexaggerating corners, set pieces, tackles.

One minor balance issue, one bigger one,  together they make for an unbalanced ME experience.

But worst ME ever? Quite the opposite.  A work of art just in need of its framing.

Edited by Mensell76
Sigh mobile forum contributions:)

2 hours ago, Flohrinho said:

Well, somehow I feel the match engine during the Beta looked a lot better than the current one. Anyone else has that feeling? Actually, I really liked how it looked during Beta.

Same here

46 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Things will never change. It's not GD with frustration and hyperbole. 

Hopefully they can hit something this side of Christmas

A question (genuine one - in no way meant to be arsey)

Do you think some of the frustration is justified when a respected mod (and probably very experienced player) says "hopefully they can hit something this side of Christmas" for a game that people have already spent £30+ on?

Edited by macca72

2 hours ago, Mitja said:

can't remember too much about it except the fact i couldn't stand it, literally couldn't play. i remember passing was more accurate, it looked like pinball no balls into space and even more goals than now were scored via cross or set pices.

that's not to say i perticullary like this one but it has lots of potential.

I actually felt like playing short passing game for once looked like short passing was supposed to look and even with my basic 4-4-2 the variety of goals was, while still being dominated by crosses was miles better than it is now, After the 15 or so games I have played so far I have yet to see more than 2 or 3 goals from through balls. It's either balls over the top, crosses, corners scored by a head from a defender or rebounds from crosses being kicked in from the edge of the box.

To the people saying the ME is unplayable, I think is a massive over exaggeration, yes there are some issues but SI have acknowledged them and are clearly working on them and I'm sure its not an easy thing to get a good balance, and surely one of the reasons why the public beta has been released to help improve the game, and for people that want to help improve the game, instead of just constantly moaning and saying how its unplayable.

People need to have abit of perspective and patience, the game has only officially been out a week, 3 weeks if you count the beta. The ME is never going to be perfect, but like few others have said this ME has great potential to the best, if they can sort the couple of problems.

For me I'm thoroughly enjoying the game and my Pompey save, yes there's a few goals from corners and crosses, but I know SI are working hard trying to make the ME better, so I can and will quite happily look past the issues and continue to enjoy the game, and I think this has the potential to be the best fm in years, there's a lot of great little touches.

Just now, sedge11 said:

To the people saying the ME is unplayable, I think is a massive over exaggeration, yes there are some issues but SI have acknowledged them and are clearly working on them and I'm sure its not an easy thing to get a good balance, and surely one of the reasons why the public beta has been released to help improve the game, and for people that want to help improve the game, instead of just constantly moaning and saying how its unplayable.

People need to have abit of perspective and patience, the game has only officially been out a week, 3 weeks if you count the beta. The ME is never going to be perfect, but like few others have said this ME has great potential to the best, if they can sort the couple of problems.

For me I'm thoroughly enjoying the game and my Pompey save, yes there's a few goals from corners and crosses, but I know SI are working hard trying to make the ME better, so I can and will quite happily look past the issues and continue to enjoy the game, and I think this has the potential to be the best fm in years, there's a lot of great little touches.

The interesting thing imo about this is this ME doesn't resemble the beta much.  I don't think that's as a result of customer feedback either.

28 minutes ago, macca72 said:

A question (genuine one - in no way meant to be arsey)

Do you think some of the frustration is justified when a respected mod (and probably very experienced player) says "hopefully they can hit something this side of Christmas" for a game that people have already spent £30+ on?

Fair question, Honest answer? No, because no matter what people think, they can't just snap their fingers and its done. 

I'm glad they've made the public beta an open thing, if only to educate people on what it actually takes when actually going from start to finish on an issue. Sometimes its simple, sometimes it's horrendous.

They could find the solution tomorrow, or it could take a while, its not a black and white issue. They are easy. You need to have the top players able to do it more often that usual, but get it wrong, but the scale that for every level of player. You also need to make sure defences can read that kind of threat, but not every time, because that's not also what happens in real life. You need players making more movement, but again, not always the right movement, because again that doesn't happen all the time. You're not just trying to code the right thing, you have to try and actually add the wrong thing as well, and find a varying balance, that isnt robotic, because again that's not natural. And all this must be done against various time frames, whether its release, or the various updates, or the final update. 

And that's not me being arsey, that's the nature of just one aspect. Now imagine that aspect is intertwined with a dozen aspects, imagine trying to balance them all against each other.

It's always tricky for us as mods as we see a lot more than you guys, without necessarily being able to explain it all, but much as it's frustrating on the outside, there is almost always a valid reason on the inside.

There's been plenty of times where we've grumbled at SI, honestly ask @Nic Madden how much of a pain I was last year! But if you're asking me if they are pushing it all they can, then yes they are. But that won't guarantee you hit what you want, when you want. That might not be the answer you want, but its as close to the answer as I can give you

5 minutes ago, kertiek said:

these are the stats for goals from corners of the ended season 2020/2021 in the premier .... my team is arsenal and attacking corners are not default plays.

2018-11-09 19_05_28-Greenshot.png

Whatever you did, that's actually worth uploading to check for the comeback of the "corner exploit". :D
At 1 goal every 4 matches, we are talking Tony Pulis side material This is something else entirelly -- and I'd never, ever park the bus against any such side and invite them into my half, as they would simply nick it on the set piece eventually like 80% of the time. :D

Edited by Svenc

4 minutes ago, macca72 said:

The interesting thing imo about this is this ME doesn't resemble the beta much.  I don't think that's as a result of customer feedback either.

I think it resembles the beta ME a great deal. I believe in order to get more through balls and direct play SI tweaked the passing directness , not having identified or ready to accept off the ball movement being a larger issue.

My uneducated guess is SI took a swing and missed but having said that it shows to me the raw potential of the ME in terms of fantastic long passing and through balls. I do like to see the silver linings.

I'd love to see all handcuffs of on the ME and then test by tweaking just the settings and roles without the team mentality in play. I am no wonderboy tactician by any means but it is not hard to see how much influence, both for the good and bad, you can have in actually seeing your team perform different from just nuances to drastic changes.

And that in itself is the golden lining of this ME this year.

8 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Fair question, Honest answer? No, because no matter what people think, they can't just snap their fingers and its done. 

I'm glad they've made the public beta an open thing, if only to educate people on what it actually takes when actually going from start to finish on an issue. Sometimes its simple, sometimes it's horrendous.

They could find the solution tomorrow, or it could take a while, its not a black and white issue. They are easy. You need to have the top players able to do it more often that usual, but get it wrong, but the scale that for every level of player. You also need to make sure defences can read that kind of threat, but not every time, because that's not also what happens in real life. You need players making more movement, but again, not always the right movement, because again that doesn't happen all the time. You're not just trying to code the right thing, you have to try and actually add the wrong thing as while, and find a varying balance, that isnt robotic, because again that's not natural. And all this must be done against various time frames, whether its release, or the various updates, or the final update. 

And that's not me being arsey, that's the nature of just one aspect. Now imagine that aspect is intertwined with a dozen aspects, imagine trying to balance them all against each other.

It's always tricky for us as mods as we see a lot more than you guys, without necessarily being able to explain it all, but much as it's frustrating on the outside, there is almost always a valid reason on the inside.

Yeah, I don't think for one second it's easy (and I don't think your response is arsey).

I understand the complexity, I can also, however, empathise with the frustration. 

Attached are images of 2 of my first 3 fixtures, now I won't get angry or go berserk over it because a) it's a game and b) honestly, I've come to expect it - but I can understand why some people get so frustrated.

I'm also not 100% sure why every year the beta is so fundamentally different from the first release, I wonder (again an honest question) what the reaction would've been if this ME release was the beta one, why are they so different?

LVL.png          LVS.png

EDIT: I've conceded 5 goals in 3 games and they have been - in order - long ball, long ball, corner, free kick, corner. I can understand why this is maddening :D

Edited by macca72

1 minute ago, macca72 said:

Yeah, I don't think for one second it's easy (and I don't think your response is arsey).

I understand the complexity, I can also, however, empathise with the frustration. 

Attached are images of 2 of my first 3 fixtures, now I won't get angry or go berserk over it because a) it's a game and b) honestly, I've come to expect it - but I can understand why some people get so frustrated.

I'm also not 100% sure why every year the beta is so fundamentally different from the first release, I wonder (again an honest question) what the reaction would've been if this ME release was the beta one, why are they so different?

LVL.png

LVS.png

The frustrations are entirely understandable, if not some of the reaction which is well over the top at times. Funnily enough, in here, you had an entirely different set of people in here hating the ME in the first Beta release. Now you've got a very different group unhappy. But at the end of the they need to go with an ME that's working to what they are ultimately trying to hit. I think this one is about 90% there. The last 10% is the hardest, but also most important bit, and its something the game has struggled to hit the balance on, very easy for it to be one way or the other

10 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Whatever you did, that's actually worth uploading to check for the comeback of the "corner exploit". :D
At 1 goal every 4 matches, we are talking Tony Pulis side material This is something else entirelly -- and I'd never, ever park the bus against any such side and invite them into my half, as they would simply nick it on the set piece eventually like 80% of the time. :D

It's not 1 in 4. It's 1 corner goal every 1.52 matches.

7 minutes ago, macca72 said:

Unfortunately, this pretty much doesn't show anything. It wouldn't show if this were real football, to be frank. TThe data FM provides is hideously simplistic. On any prior release simply looking at the amount of corners, I'd knew what to roughly expect watching. Something like this.

The "good news" on older releases was that you couldn't put much blame on ME issues, but fundamentally unsound/illogical tactical thoughts. Basically, players ignoring team sports basics 101, and thus making it very easy for the defending team to always deflect attacks/shots. But then corners are supposed to be too deadly on FM 19, or are they not? :D

Edited by Svenc

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

The frustrations are entirely understandable, if not some of the reaction which is well over the top at times. Funnily enough, in here, you had an entirely different set of people in here hating the ME in the first Beta release. Now you've got a very different group unhappy. But at the end of the they need to go with an ME that's working to what they are ultimately trying to hit. I think this one is about 90% there. The last 10% is the hardest, but also most important bit, and its something the game has struggled to hit the balance on, very easy for it to be one way or the other

Interesting point about the different groups - why is that?  What so fundamentally changed?

Just now, Svenc said:

Unfortunately, this pretty much doesn't show anything. It wouldn't show if this were real football, to be frank. TThe data FM provides is hideously simplistic. On a prior release simply looking at the amount of corners, I'd knew what to roughly expect watching. Something like this.

The good news is that you couldn't put much blame on ME issues, but fundamentally unsound/illogical tactical thoughts. Basically, players ignoring team sports basics 101, and thus making it very easy for the defending team to always deflect attacks/shots. But then corners are supposed to be too deadly on FM 19, or are they not? :D

My post wasn't intended to bash the ME, it was to highlight simply that I can understand why people get frustrated - of course it's my tactics, it always is.

If anything my set-up shows i'm not exploiting corners - can't say the same for the AI mind you :D

3 minutes ago, macca72 said:

Interesting point about the different groups - why is that?  What so fundamentally changed?

My personal view is that it was easier to play possession football, although I think it was quite stilted. It's probably slightly too direct now, but I've found overall a lot more variation in play. It just needs to find a way to dial back a bit and open up some better recycling of forward movement, especially on support roles

14 minutes ago, macca72 said:

My post wasn't intended to bash the ME, it was to highlight simply that I can understand why people get frustrated - of course it's my tactics, it always is.

IIRC there is/was an acknowledged issue with the FM19 ME inherent movement of forwards, possibly leading to added set pieces too, so... On older releases, you couldn't blame it too much, except that it's arguably always been too easy for a corner/set piece in general to actually result in a shot. In real football, only a fraction do. This created the "illusion" of sides completely dominating an opposition (in particularly if you're used to the stats used on television, such as shots/shots on target). However, what was goign on was oft something else entirelly -- no less as those corners/set pieces rarely lead to goals. The average attempt off a set piece tends to be a header under pressure in general, so..

As of general player frustration, the game fights against how football tends to be portrayed on television in general. However, it should "teach" players to think in terms of "space" on a pitch, rather than simply shot volumes. This has been a long-term thing for as long as this series of games have been around. Do sides in football tend to win more because they have more shots, or are the general shot dominations of top teams not in parts simply a by-product of tactical approaches? E.g. teams that tend to mostly sit deep against top teams tend to concede more shots in general -- and top teams tend to play more attacking football against those. Furthermore, do those top teams  win more simply because they record more shots on average--  or isn't it rather that they tend to create more quality openings for better shots? Real managers may have the "correct" answer to this -- a football fan may not to the same extent.

Edited by Svenc

1 minute ago, macca72 said:

The frustration comes because every year you expect things to change, but they don't really. Little things change, but teh core of the game stays the same. Every save I did last year Guardiola was fired befor Christmas. So I think, ok this might be the year things are different. Especially with the new tactical overhaul, maybe this is the year the big clubs start playing like big clubs. But what happens my first save this year? Guardiola fired midway through. Once again, possession based formations struggle, especially with the ai. And once again, everyone jumps on it's your tactics fault. Well not really, because if that were true, Guardiola would get his tactics right. So would Barcelona, so would psg, so would bayern. There's a fundamental fault with possession based play and teams that remains year after year. That's why there is frustration.

1 minute ago, Svenc said:

IIRC there is/was an acknowledged issue with the FM19 ME inherent movement of forwards, possibly leading to added set pieces too, so... On older releases, you couldn't blame it too much, except that it's arguably always been too easy for a corner/set piece in general to actually result in a shot. In real football, only a fraction do. This created the "illusion" of sides completely dominating an opposition (in particularly if you're used to the stats used on television, such as shots/shots on target). However, what was goign on was oft something else entirelly.

Ill go back and see if I can work out how many of those shots came from corners, still the AI was pretty ruthless.

as I said I personally don’t like th ME but aren’t going crazy over it.

What's interesting is that upping the directness of passing in this ME has not resulted in more central through balls being played, especially on the ground, when in time and space in the opposition half. 

Rather than the fix effecting a change where players are able to play through the centre, wide play has been nerfed with stuff like dwelling on the ball.

Hopefully they can work it out shortly. 

Just now, pauly15 said:

What's interesting is that upping the directness of passing in this ME has not resulted in more central through balls being played, especially on the ground, when in time and space in the opposition half. 

Rather than the fix effecting a change where players are able to play through the centre, wide play has been nerfed with stuff like dwelling on the ball.

Hopefully they can work it out shortly. 

Separate issue. People often conflate separate issues as nerfs when they aren't actually linked

4 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Separate issue. People often conflate separate issues as nerfs when they aren't actually linked

It is directly and very obviously linked. If the ME has a problem effecting central play in the opposition half, the result is more balls going out wide. In the beta this lead to heaps of crossed goals, and in the current ME the core problem hasn't been fixed yet, but wide play has been nerfed. 

You can educate yourself here: 

And here:

Amongst other places in the bugs forum. 

7 minutes ago, pauly15 said:

It is directly and very obviously linked. If the ME has a problem effecting central play in the opposition half, the result is more balls going out wide. In the beta this lead to heaps of crossed goals, and in the current ME the core problem hasn't been fixed yet, but wide play has been nerfed. 

You can educate yourself here: 

And here:

Amongst other places in the bugs forum. 

Yes, I know what the issue is, but a nerf suggests a deliberate move, it is not.  Otherwise they wouldn't be looking to change it.

12 minutes ago, macca72 said:

Ill go back and see if I can work out how many of those shots came from corners, still the AI was pretty ruthless.

The question is then how often it is.

You have to be honest with yourself. Else you will be victim of perception bias.

Imagine Pep Guardiola were playing FM. His side last season barely conceded 6 shots aveage per match. By the end of the season, they still had conceded 28 goals. In parts, that's simply a byproduct of his inherently attacking style of football. Ask Bayern fans who still mourn over those CL semis against Atletico -- once his side drops the ball, they on occasion may be simply overrun as he pushes many of his players far up the pitch. So some of this is to be expected.

However, what FM'ers tend to do is do the following. They focus exclusively on the matches in which they have conceded. Had Guardiola done the same, he had found he conceded off extremely few shots in all of these matches, as he conceded this ridiculously few shots on average. Against United, it was 3 goals off 4 shots total. That's a biased outlook, ignoring all the matches in which his side didn't concede at all, and it would make him do very bad decisions.

Edited by Svenc

32 minutes ago, cbcruz said:

It's not 1 in 4. It's 1 corner goal every 1.52 matches.

all i did was to set both CB to go up one near each post and the ST attacks the ball from deep .... set piece taker ozil style mixed ....overall 35  goals from set pieces in the season (corners + free kicks), but i think created chances  stat also should be looked at, since u guys are claiming the "corner exploit" and other match engine bugs... looks pretty good to me .. for a team that won the league with 90 points 108 goals total and 80+ goal difference.

2018-11-09 19_52_24-Greenshot.png

Edited by kertiek
spelling

1 hour ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Yes I know what the issue is, but a nerf suggests a deliberate move, it is not.  Otherwise they wouldn't be looking to change it

I'm inclined to believe it's a real struggle for them to fix final balls in central areas without affecting passing length all over the pitch. Though I'm sure they're working hard and will get there in the end.

If on the other hand, they can't improve central attacking play without nuking passing directness all over the pitch... Then nerfing wide play seems one of their few options, because without improvements to central play the ball inevitably ends up out wide too often.

If it was simply a temporary measure, or a misidentification of the core problem, or something they can fix... I'm pleased! In any case, it appears a difficult problem to solve. 

Looking forward to the next patch. 

Edited by pauly15

1 minute ago, pauly15 said:

I'm inclined to believe it's a real struggle for them to fix final balls in central areas without affecting passing length all over the pitch. Though I'm sure they're working hard and will get there in the end.

If on the other hand, they can't improve central attacking play without nuking passing directness all over the pitch... Then nerfing wide play seems one of their few options.

If it was simply a temporary measure, or a misidentification of the core problem, or something they can fix... I'm pleased! In any case, it appears a difficult problem to solve. 

Looking forward to the next patch. 

It wouldn't be an option as its horrible, and negates good wide play. It's simply a knock on effect

46 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

It wouldn't be an option as its horrible, and negates good wide play. It's simply a knock on effect

@themadsheep

Of what exactly?

Trying to fix through balls by upping passing directness and creating direct passing problems, is a knock on. 

Also, upping usage of PPMs to try to solve the above has had a knock on of disrupting normal build-up / good decision making IMO. That's a knock-on too.

Making wingers etc dwell on the ball to fix the problem where too much ends up out wide, is an isolated thing... Basically... The nerf solution to a deeper issue. 

Edited by pauly15

Thing I just noticed while playing, VAR related (Serie A).

My player is making a run in the box, gets tackled by a sliding defender who gets to the ball first and clears it into throw in.
On ME, nothing looked suspicious. But VAR checks it.

And after the check, which has shown that there was no penalty, same as my first assumption, opposition GK gets to take a free kick.
That has literally never happened in Serie A. It only happens if referee actually gives the penalty and reverses the decision.
Never on penalties that weren't given.
And my player didn't get a yellow for diving, either. Wasn't even a dive, just a clean tackle.

Edit: Just happened again.

Edited by GunmaN1905

1 hour ago, Svenc said:

Unfortunately, this pretty much doesn't show anything. It wouldn't show if this were real football, to be frank. TThe data FM provides is hideously simplistic. On any prior release simply looking at the amount of corners, I'd knew what to roughly expect watching. Something like this.

The "good news" on older releases was that you couldn't put much blame on ME issues, but fundamentally unsound/illogical tactical thoughts. Basically, players ignoring team sports basics 101, and thus making it very easy for the defending team to always deflect attacks/shots. But then corners are supposed to be too deadly on FM 19, or are they not? :D

it is very noticable how much better the stadiums looked back then

47 minutes ago, pauly15 said:

@themadsheep

Of what exactly?

Trying to fix through balls by upping passing directness and creating direct passing problems, is a knock on. 

Making wingers etc dwell on the ball to fix the problem where too much ends up out wide, is an isolated thing... Basically... The nerf solution to s deeper issue. 

Based on feedback after Beta SI seemed to have made an attempt of addressing (at least) 2 issues:

1. reducing the amount of crosses by making wide defending a bit better and the triggerhappy to cross players take a bit more time on crossing and opting to go back as well. This is a separate issue with its seperate adjustment

2. the lack of centerplay which SI i.m.o tried to fix by upping the passing directness. However since passing directness was not the culprit for a lack of centerplay it did nothing to alter the predominant direction of passes going wide. The knock on effect now is that addressing the first issue leads to more unwanted cross blocks and lingering than desired. Because of course all SI was after with addressing issue 2 was more centerplay, thus less wingplay.

There is no intentional nerfing. Issue 2 just has just not been adressed after all since lack of center play ties more with lack of movement of strikers/attackers and as a result of that them not being viable passing options enough.

Edited by Mensell76

2 hours ago, Svenc said:

Well, i start the game unemployed, got job in late november in France 2nd division, club was 17th at that time. I am close to finish season, ill be prob 8-10 place. Few things about game.

+ Lots of good things outside match engine ( training, mentoring, scouting) 

-  AI clubs dont buy enough and squad build is still bad

- match engine needs lots of work. First thing i noticed, its cornerfest. Somethimes it looks like only time i score is from corners. and i didnt touch set pieces, its on default. Also i noticed that on default my CD is in defence while i have corners. But i didnt care, i was scoring lots of goals from corners anyway. In general, match engine from FM 17 was much better, here all chances look the same. Or my wings cross and i score, or corners. 

P.s. I dont play with " play for set pieces" and like i said, one CD stays in defence while we take corners. I would probably score even more goals, like this guy who is playin with Arsenal. 

Edited by Matej

Lots of teams apparently don't have a U19 team working properly or at least not outside the big leagues.

In 2018 almost every team had a Reserves and U19 team for their youth, the same team I managed in 18 now in 19 doesn't have either, so you get a main squad of almost 40 players. They did an Affiliate thing for the U19 (At least in Iceland) but it's not working, the team is not considered a U19 team, it treats it like a real loan, the player can refuse it and the boards of both teams can even terminate the link, leaving you forever without a U19 team for the youth intake. Another league I like to play is in Portugal, and apparently now players from the main teams (that can freely play for the B team) now after one single team switch they go back and get the "Unregistered" thing (and also for B team players playing for the main).

Sigh...

Edited by Lanko

1 hour ago, theballstopshere said:

I am frustrated by how the keepers are still stuck on their line despite playing GK Sweeper, attacking. And my GK is Alisson, a natural sweeper keeper. 

Please look into improving this asap.

If you want this looked at, you will need to open a thread in the Bugs forum and upload some examples where the GK is not doing what is expected.  SI cant fix anything from this kind of report

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Martin#:

I don´t want to sound offensive but you obviously don´t understand what people in this forum are saying. No one denies the fact that a lot of goals come from set pieces. But in this game there is double the amount of corners on average. Resulting in teams scoring up to 25 goals from corners in a single premier league season. For your information - Arsenal last year scored 9 goals from corners and they, jointly with another team I cannot remember, were the best at this.  This in itself is a huge deviation from real life football and affects so many other parts of the game that, once again I do not want to offend you, but if you do not understand this issue, then any discussion is pointless with you.

Well Guys, i play Bundesliga and i watch Bundesliga and so i can not say that this game is a terrific accurate Simulation of Football in the way that is mirrors exactly how much Goals were scored In The Past in some real league.

I understand that i play a game that tries to be best at simulating things but i also understand that it is a What IF Simulation and that first and foremost the ME must be good and reasonable in the context of the game.

For example - IF there would be a Premier League Bias that would mean that the Top Clubs have less of an Advantage over weaker Clubs thus they would not win as much and Maybe if the Simulation goes the way the AI of Man City did bad Transfers, had Injuries at the wrong time, got into a mental downward spiral than i would say great - the simualtion did in context to the stats in the database and the Environment that resulted from it with Errors made that Man City would play a bad Season and honestly i apllaud that bcs that is what i want see of a game - an accurate What If Simulation that makes sense in context to the gameworld it set the Clubs into!

For example IF the game has more Goals scored in the simulated leagues than in the real leagues Goals from Corners, Free Kicks, etc. increase also - this has to do that in General the Teams score more goals at all and you could then argue there should be less Goals scored but then it must be set into the context of the game Environment - when somehow the simulated Teams in a league play more offensive than you need to look into why that happens and IF this apporach would be unreasonable you could complain but What IF this Approach is more successful in the Simulation - should the Teams not go for success?

When you want the game a 1:1 mirroring the results from reality you need to download the results once a week and not simulate them at all bcs the nature of a Simulation is that it differs from reality at some point bcs different decisions were made and different Events happened like Transfers, Injuries, and the Quality of a Simulation is sitting in the fact that These What IF Scenarions are simulated in a way that makes sense and were possibilities that could have happened.

So with that in mind this ME is the best since FM2013 - i am not sure yet if it is to easy or not or to hard or not.

I need to play alot more games than 2 Seasons of straight Promotion from 3.Liga into Bundesliga - i know that Dortmund exploited my Team very well when my Captain got a Red Card for Handballing (second yellow Card) and that is what i want to see - something happens and the game reacts to it in a reasonable way - if the Red Card may have not happened i Maybe could have won the game as i was 2:1 ahead and then you may ask omg why is a pretty weak Noobteam beating Borussia Dortmund that is bcs my Team did the Counteratacks execute very well and my Speeddemon Osayamen Osawe reall did hit into the Goal which at that Level is not common but also it was a game played right after the Season started and the first 3 games of a Season (1xCup + 2xLeague) are allways chaotic and surprising results happen til things have settled after the first 3 matchdays.

So far i am good with the game and the ME!

Edited by Etebaer

@pauly15 i dont generally feel things are intentionally 'nerfed' but i agree with you... Seems they have maybe nerfed both crossing (poor crosses and dwelling on ball instead of crossing) and headed finishes from good crosses (have you seen the headers going to top corner magic themselves into the keepers hands in the centre of the goal yet?)... But if they have, it is just a sensible short term fix.

They probably havent done anything tho and its just us reading the different feedback and letting it warp our view :thup:

7 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

@pauly15 i dont generally feel things are intentionally 'nerfed' but i agree with you... Seems they have maybe nerfed both crossing (poor crosses and dwelling on ball instead of crossing) and headed finishes from good crosses (have you seen the headers going to top corner magic themselves into the keepers hands in the centre of the goal yet?)... But if they have, it is just a sensible short term fix.

They probably havent done anything tho and its just us reading the different feedback and letting it warp our view :thup:

But thats not how it works, which is why I keep repeatedly saying it, because this kind of stuff spreads as misinformation. As not only it is not a fix, it's actually even more work to undo and rebalance. 

So to clarify, no deliberate nerf.