Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, thejay said:

the match engine is garbage, goals only come from standards , counter or crosses.

AI Guardiola sacked after 6 months with City being 20 points behind the leader.

Says it all really about realism and state of the match engine.

I understand its a complicated thing to tweak it right but its ridiculous that the game is released every year with ridiculous issues and takes a few months to be patched to a playable state.

SI should have higher standards when releasing the game for sure. for anyone looking for just a little realism the ME is barely playable and really frustrating. i havn't played FM18 but compared to 17 yes there are some improvements like ball curling which is very nice, closing down is better too, annoying issue where too many long balls would be colected by strikers is gone and that's about it. now, i wouldn't mind if there wouldn't be so many things in ME that actually got worse than it was two years ago, crossing issue has been around since FM16 and it actually got far worse than it was. player off the ball movement is shockingly bad, basic football concepts like playing one-two's or opening space for another player are rear as hell, decision making, dribbling, defensive behaviour with some positions and i could go on, there are also annoying things which are in the game since introduction of 2D engine that i won't even mention. there was some really beautiful football being played around penalty box in FM17, where has that gone i wonder, how it could got far worse than it was two years ago?

then you have really poor AI managers who lineup with 3 players in AM strata with attack duty which meens they do very little in defense but at the same time they can't hit you on counter even when you're using overlapping fullbacks because somehow your DM will allways be in the right place and your team will make 40 tackles per game. and i could really go on and on..

yes lack of player movement in possession is the main issue, not just for me but also the ai, thats why managers and teams which play football with the ball are bad in this match engine.

In my save in spain its the same, barca sitting at 5th and Valverde sacked, Atletico in front, Guardiola sacked in winter , Man city 20 points from first.

I am also successful sitting at the top of the league in Germany with Leipzig but because everyone plays horrible football and can create nothing .

Its unplayable basically, the main reason why I play this game is to generate good football, this is just not possible right now.

Its probably the most horrible football producing match engine ever in fm at launch date.

Edited by thejay

On 08/11/2018 at 04:01, dajiakedajiake said:

In my situation, those good clubs in other division are really doing the trades.  Man Utd, City, PSG, R.Madrid, Barca they did some big deal.

But if you check the Serie A record, you can find that none of a team even purchased a player higher than 10M

1290575178_QQ20181108215912.thumb.png.5e5538b939769cf3c93b0693e5b6d189.png200889352_QQ20181108215943.thumb.png.0d63dbd9b5fcfd65ae5693b0e161cb29.png1110067185_QQ20181108215855.thumb.png.3ebf8fa7589c41f90c974c21ce8b99d5.png

Just an update on this: I'm in the second season of a save in which the top five leagues are playable, and Serie A spent the third-most amount of money in the summer transfer window (narrowly behind the Bundesliga in second). 402 million euro spent in total, and there were 13 transfers in of more than 10 million euro. Two biggest signings: Lazio spent 37.5m on Iago Falque, Inter spent 36.5 on Mata.

Seems fine, although it's weird that Juve didn't splash any money, despite selling Bernadeschi to Real Madrid for 50m.

Here's some statistics from my first season:

Man City -4th with 73 points. Guardiola fired. 66 team goals scored.

Bayern - 4th with 58 points. Kovac fired. 46 team goals scored. 

Leipzig won the Bundesliga 

Barcelona - 3rd with 85 points. Valverde fired. Lowest league finish in 10 years. Messi finished with 21 goals. His lowest tally since he was 20. Griezeman, Moreno, Iglesias and Rodrigo all scored more. 72 team goals scored.

Psg- coasted to leage1 title but knocked out by Inter in first knockout round of the CL who went on to win the competition.

All top leagues were in full detail.

releasing the game like this is honestly a disservice to the community.

Edited by Sticx

2m4q1z.jpg

I too have stopped playing for now because of the state of the match engine. I hope we will see some tweaks to it in the next patch. As many people said, I never felt sorry for buying an FM game until now. Should have waited until January or February, that's what I'll do from now on, at least by that date the bugs are patched and match engine should be ok.

Edited by Vali184

1 hour ago, Martin# said:

This is the first time ever that I am playing FM and despite being first in the league and most likely winning it I stopped playing and I am waiting for a patch. I have never been frustrated as much as this year. The games are just not fun to watch because there is really nothing going on besides crossing and corners. In the past, even when I was losing and had poor form I was still looking forward to matches and turning things around but. Now I know exactly what is going to happen in the next match, including other players. My brother also plays FM 19 and despite managing in another league, completely different team and completely different tactics, his games look the same. That is a huge let down as I was really looking forward to this edition because of the obvious changes in tactics.

Because of complete lack of movement combined with horrible decision-making, it is easy for defenders to get to attackers and block their shots and crosses which means that teams are averaging roughly twice the amount of corners compared to real life and consequently twice the amount of goals from corners are scored. There is no creativity, no flair, no enjoyment. Players have always been rather static in FM but this year has taken it to an absolute extreme. I really have doubts whether this can be "repaired", at least in 2019 edition. This reminds me a lot of FM 13 which for the first time used a new ME with collision detection feature and there were rants everywhere on this forum because of how poor the initial version of ME looked and, sadly, it never really recovered, but of course I hope that SI are going to improve the current situation.

It's an absolute joke if it can't be fixed. These match engine issues makes the game completely unplayable, like you I was successful in terms of results but I stopped playing because every single match bores me out of my mind. You can pick a top club, have world class attackers at your disposal and the game forces you to play Tony Pulis football with them. The biggest clubs in the world winning entirely with set pieces and crosses, having so many global superstars but the fullbacks consistently pulling the highest ratings (along with whatever CB you selected in your set piece routine to be the goalscoring threat).

No one plays FM to win and get results, anyone can do that with sub par tactics. I play it because I enjoy seeing the work I put into players, tactics etc showing up on the pitch - this categorically doesn't happen in FM19 in any way.

I've never felt like this about FM, people always had complaints about the ME but it was never bad enough for me to feel like it ruins the entire game. I honestly regret buying it, even if the ME were to be fixed it'll probably not be before the March update knowing SI. Lesson learned - this is what the demo is for, it's time even us established FM players started using it prior to buying.

Edited by bar333

i think there is some serious issues with training and the whole interaction with the players about training.

so i have to play 8 games in  25 days, 20 april until 15may, 5 premier games, 1 fa cup final and both champions semi finals against bayern munich .. i have 10+ players complaining with the training because am nursing condition with that insane match congestion, doing rotations let it them rest when needed and preparing important machters with match trainings, suddenly 10+ players are  unhappy with trainings, they want more quickness ( that would kill condition) and defensive trainings ... really? ... players have been asking for silverware the whole season and now that we are in the crutial instances of getting more than one cup they want more training and want to play with 70% condition in matches? ... totally ridiculous.

edit: forgot to mention before but am fighting the premier league  5 games to go, tied in points with man city at first place ... am trying to get a treble  with arsenal but with players unhappy complaining about training in the middle of the most important matches of the season is ********.

Edited by kertiek

1 hour ago, Vali184 said:

2m4q1z.jpg

I too have stopped playing for now because of the state of the match engine. I hope we will see some tweaks to it in the next patch. As many people said, I never felt sorry for buying an FM game until now. Should have waited until January or February, that's what I'll do from now on, at least by that date the bugs are patched and match engine should be ok.

Match engine has been a joke for years. I’m done uploading any bugs I encounter as they won’t be fixed. 

Ressllu no excuses how the match engine can get worse every year. 

26 minutes ago, Mr U Rosler said:

I defended the game earlier on and whilst I’m not seeing Tony Pulis football and have found it straightforward to play a nice possession game, I have to a agree the ME is not in a great place right now.

Corners are a mess, I’ve seen some weird penalty streaks including me being awarded 6 penalties is 3 games, this breaks immersion somewhat.

The football played is mediocre, the visuals are so poor by 2018 standards its difficult to defend them even by those of us who argue it’s not about graphics. This is not helped by all round poor performance with even GTX 1080 graphics cards users reporting flickering, the visuals are dull with poor fidelity.

This is not a niche, kickstarter project, it’s a massively well established game, played by millions backed by a large publisher for whom it has generated large profits.

The development cycle seems bizarre with the Match Engine seemingly having to be built from scratch every year. This normally results in a dodgy release then a rush to fill holes in the match engine, a stable February update and then the whole process starts again.

There should be incremental improvements each year, but can anyone honestly say they prefer what we have now to the Match Engines in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, or 2018?

If someone had asked me when I was playing FM 2014 what the game would look like 4 or 5 releases down the line, it would be light years away from what we have today.

Whether its complacency, a lack of funding, a lack of ambition at the top, the good guys at SI being hamstrung in some way but this series has stalled if not gone backwards over the last 4 or 5 years.

The game is devoid of personality, star players and star managers just don’t stand out.

There’s no challenge in the game, it’s too easy to become financially powerful, sign top players, improve your team and win.

We’re a loyal bunch and forgive a lot, but I’m afraid this is a watershed release for me, I can no longer delude myself that progress is being made and the series is heading in the right direction.

I’m starting to feel I’m a bit of a mug buying this every year. 

Couldn't agree more. I've completely stopped playing and won't be touching it anytime soon unless the ME improves. This is coming from a guy who has been playing FM since 2007 and has played FM17 and FM18 non-stop for 2 years. I was very patient at the beta release and my expectations were already low from this year's ME. I even wrote some nice things about the beta ME earlier as I was optimistic about the potential of this ME. But it seems the ME has gone downhill drastically after the beta. Mindless direct passing, poor decision making, lack of movement, lack of creativity, unrealistically accurate tackling are the issues which I don't think can be fixed easily. This has become an arcade game as the ME is producing same repeatative football for large userbase. I'm very pissed off at the moment as FM is my preferred choice of game. I have gone back to DOTA 2 for now because it doesn't insult my intelligence.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb StevehFC:

Match engine has been a joke for years. I’m done uploading any bugs I encounter as they won’t be fixed. 

Ressllu no excuses how the match engine can get worse every year. 

That's not entirely fair, last years fm 18 version was pretty good after the final patch. 

Except some issues with striker movement and pressing it was probably the best match engine version to date. 

Fm19 is a mess however, my guess is they changed some things with pressing which created a  lot of other issues but with the yearly release cycle they pushed the game out anyway, predicting it won't hurt sales enough when it's is only really playable in half a year. 

They probably think that only a few nerds care about the finer details like player movement anyway,  not enough to impact future sales.

Sadly they are probably right. 

Edited by thejay

vor einer Stunde schrieb Mr U Rosler:

I defended the game earlier on and whilst I’m not seeing Tony Pulis football and have found it straightforward to play a nice possession game, I have to a agree the ME is not in a great place right now.

Corners are a mess, I’ve seen some weird penalty streaks including me being awarded 6 penalties is 3 games, this breaks immersion somewhat.

The football played is mediocre, the visuals are so poor by 2018 standards its difficult to defend them even by those of us who argue it’s not about graphics. This is not helped by all round poor performance with even GTX 1080 graphics cards users reporting flickering, the visuals are dull with poor fidelity.

This is not a niche, kickstarter project, it’s a massively well established game, played by millions backed by a large publisher for whom it has generated large profits.

The development cycle seems bizarre with the Match Engine seemingly having to be built from scratch every year. This normally results in a dodgy release then a rush to fill holes in the match engine, a stable February update and then the whole process starts again.

There should be incremental improvements each year, but can anyone honestly say they prefer what we have now to the Match Engines in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, or 2018?

If someone had asked me when I was playing FM 2014 what the game would look like 4 or 5 releases down the line, it would be light years away from what we have today.

Whether its complacency, a lack of funding, a lack of ambition at the top, the good guys at SI being hamstrung in some way but this series has stalled if not gone backwards over the last 4 or 5 years.

The game is devoid of personality, star players and star managers just don’t stand out.

There’s no challenge in the game, it’s too easy to become financially powerful, sign top players, improve your team and win.

We’re a loyal bunch and forgive a lot, but I’m afraid this is a watershed release for me, I can no longer delude myself that progress is being made and the series is heading in the right direction.

do not agree one bit!!! Worse than 2014/15/16/17/18...ROFL! Most people I know, love this year's iteration!

Maybe you should build your own version by starting from scratch...

10 minutes ago, balldoktor81 said:

do not agree one bit!!! Worse than 2014/15/16/17/18...ROFL! Most people I know, love this year's iteration!

Don't know what ROLF means but glad you're so easily pleased 👍

1 hour ago, Mr U Rosler said:

this. i'm sure majority of us would rather have little less sophisticated ME working properly and resembling football then new one like this. it wouldn't affect new FM kids, on contrary. 

24 minutes ago, balldoktor81 said:

It's probably pretty good if you like to gegenpress or play counter attacking football. The problem is not everyone likes those styles. It's not so great if you want to play possession football and care what your players are doing. 

With some real good luck I managed to go into Grouprounds with Cork City, in second season, so I got 2,9 million euro in the bank. However, drunk stupid me yesterday asked the board to upgrade the youth facilities. Now I am sober. I think it's better to invest this into a few good players. So I can make Cork lil bit better and then have a steady club that does CL or El group regulary. Then millions come in and I can upgrade all stuff easily. 

Now.. I bet I cannot ask board to undone it. Perhaps something for a patch or FM20

3 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Even though I disagree on your take of the current ME (close to the best ever by far) vs previous years I do agree with almost your entire and well written post and like to add my observation that there seems to be no real helicopter view on how to seriously develop FM in terms of (AI) club development, AI player and manager representation and tactics, media presentation, finances etc.

FM 19 so far is a an update at best since the most anticipated and hyped part of this year's game, the ME, is unsatisfactory. 

SI does not seem to be able to produce a solid almost perfect ME at release. Buyer input is extremely important every year to point SI towards obvious ME issues which they were not able to catch or adjust themselves. How much I love SI and FM I do find that re-occuring cycle unacceptable from a customer point of view and a poor development of business from an organisational objective.

Having said that, I could fully understand the unfinished state of the ME if SI had put all its time and resources in renewing/vitalising the AI elements of the game . Unfortunately there is no progress whatsoever,  just differences in presentation of scouting, training (which mostly benefits us human players)

In terms of UI, processing speed major steps have surely been made. But that is not enough.

What bothers me most is, while that indeed some of us are extremely loyal and help SI out on a massive scale, communication towards us on the status of issues is unorganised and unfulfilling. We are literally stakeholders and especially everyone helping out on the various bugs forums and now testing in the prolonged beta deserve much more insight and transparancy on identified issues and the status of correcting them.

SI often ask for patience which is valid. But patience in my eyes grows by understanding and communication. Make us accomplices SI.

And dearest Mods, I have the deepest respect for your presence, actions and communication on here. This is by no means directed at your efforts in transparancy.

Cheers!

Edited by Mensell76
Missing word

11 minutes ago, RinusFM said:

With some real good luck I managed to go into Grouprounds with Cork City, in second season, so I got 2,9 million euro in the bank. However, drunk stupid me yesterday asked the board to upgrade the youth facilities. Now I am sober. I think it's better to invest this into a few good players. So I can make Cork lil bit better and then have a steady club that does CL or El group regulary. Then millions come in and I can upgrade all stuff easily. 

Now.. I bet I cannot ask board to undone it. Perhaps something for a patch or FM20

You want SI to create a patch to stop you doing stupid things when you are drunk?

14 minutes ago, Flohrinho said:

Well, somehow I feel the match engine during the Beta looked a lot better than the current one. Anyone else has that feeling? Actually, I really liked how it looked during Beta.

can't remember too much about it except the fact i couldn't stand it, literally couldn't play. i remember passing was more accurate, it looked like pinball no balls into space and even more goals than now were scored via cross or set pices.

that's not to say i perticullary like this one but it has lots of potential.

Edited by Mitja

Nah, the Early Access Beta ME was less good than the current one.

Yeah, many Goals come from Crosses and Counters and Corners/Throw Ins/Free Kicks but that is how Goals are scored - i see nothing wrong with it.

Teams today are fully capable of blocking the middle and then there is only the go around left...only Counterattacks should have a great chance to score by a Ball through the middle bcs the defense is not organized at that Moment and may have a Gap open...

Free Kicks and Corners ARE a big thing bcs they are openers in close games.

I probably will upset quite some people but Football Tactic works along the Tic Tac Toe principle - you do it Right when you not lose it - if you win it this only happens bcs your oponent Manager/Trainer/Coach did something wrong OR in case of Soccer the Opponent Players were not good enough to execute it right - Thats how games are decided!

That Players not follow instructions is common in Football bcs they are under pressure be it match pressure, public pressure, time pressue, pressure from an oponent Player, whatever - while they may try their best but fail to achieve.

Bayern Munich is btw as bad as some of the above Posters stated - they have aged badly, they have lost Key Players over the fast few Years they never replaced, they have a Young Coach who is seen by the Bayern Munich Players as haveing them robbed of the Cup (he won the Cup with Eintracht Frankfurt against Bayern Munich) there are many reasons why Bayern Munich sucks bad this Season - this is totally realistic!!!

That City may play bad may or may not have not to do wth the ME - Maybe the AI did wrong Tansfers and they have injured Key Players - FM is a WHAT IF Simulation and WHAT IF Man City did something wrong or had bad luck in your savegame???

My 2 Cents so far… :)

Edited by Etebaer

Sadly the truth is you can see that it doesn't really affect player opinion and as such, certainly doesn't affect sales. Look at the forum - any complaints about the ME issues are pretty much confined to this thread and the Bugs forum. No one is kicking up a fuss.

I'd honestly love to hear the opinion of some of the more influential and knowledgeable users in the community when it comes to tactics and the match engine, such as @Cleon and @Rashidi. Have they not noticed these issues in the ME? How has no one in the tactics forum noticed it but a pleb like me, with no deep knowledge of tactics or the match engine and being someone who doesn't pick up on the small details, did? Why is it not talked about more?

I really don't expect nor care about having the perfect ME. I have never since discovering FM cared too much about the ME. I had small niggling issues, sure, like everyone, but nothing to ever detract from the game. So this is new, and how hard can it be to fix? Seriously, just bring back... however it worked in FM18. I'll take it.

For now I'm giving the game another shot, I abandoned my usual Liverpool save and started a save in the German second division and I'm just going to play direct, counter attacking, dry football and pretend that the football produced by the ME was actually my plan all along. But the game will have very little longevity if this doesn't get fixed.

Edited by bar333

7 minutes ago, Etebaer said:

Yeah, many Goals come from Crosses and Counters and Free Kicks but that is how Goals are scored - i see nothing wrong with it.

Teams today are fully capable of blocking the middle and then there is only the go around left...only Counterattacks should have a great chance to score by a Ball through the middle bcs the defense is not organized at that Moment and may have a Gap open...

I probably will upset quite some people but Football Tactic works along the Tic Tac Toe principle - you do it Right when you not lose it - if you win it this only happens bcs your oponent Manager/Trainer/Coach did something wrong OR in case of Soccer the Opponent Players were not good enough to execute it right - Thats how games are decided!

That Players not follow instructions is common in Football bcs they are under pressure be it mathc pressure, public pressure, time pressue, pressure from an oponent Player, whatever - while they may try their best but fail to achieve.

Bayern Munich is btw as bad as some of the above Posters stated - they have aged badly, they have lost Key Players over the fast few Years they never replaced, they have a Young Coach who is seen by the Bayern Munich Players as haveing them robbed of the Cup (he won the Cup with Eintracht Frankfurt against Bayern Munich) there are many reasons why Bayern Munich sucks bad this Season - this is totally realistic!!!

That City may play bad may or may not have not to do wth the ME - Maybe the AI did wrong Tansfers and they have injured Key Players - FM is a WHAT IF Simulation and WHAT IF Man City did something wrong or had bad luck in your savegame???

I couldn't disagree with a post any more strongly so I'll just leave it at that.

I wouldn't normally reply in this thread, or GD as I find it far too aggressive at times but so far this year i absolutely have to agree that the ME is in a very, very poor state.

The list is long and covered by far better players at this game than me, but it's got to the stage where I know the types of goals I'm going to concede (regardless of my tactics) and despite being able to produce a huge variation in actual statistics, the results very very rarely match.  It's almost as if the actual statistics generated have absolutely zero impact on what the score will be.

A lot of the issues that have been reported for many years seem to be magnified  this year, and for the life of me I have no idea how to subdue the effects / frequency.

I haven't felt this disappointed with a release for as long as I can remember.

21 minutes ago, Etebaer said:

Yeah, many Goals come from Crosses and Counters and Corners/Throw Ins/Free Kicks but that is how Goals are scored - i see nothing wrong with it.

That Players not follow instructions is common in Football bcs they are under pressure be it match pressure, public pressure, time pressue, pressure from an oponent Player, whatever - while they may try their best but fail to achieve.

I don´t want to sound offensive but you obviously don´t understand what people in this forum are saying. No one denies the fact that a lot of goals come from set pieces. But in this game there is double the amount of corners on average. Resulting in teams scoring up to 25 goals from corners in a single premier league season. For your information - Arsenal last year scored 9 goals from corners and they, jointly with another team I cannot remember, were the best at this.  This in itself is a huge deviation from real life football and affects so many other parts of the game that, once again I do not want to offend you, but if you do not understand this issue, then any discussion is pointless with you.

33 minutes ago, Etebaer said:

The issue with your post is that it's been proven over and over again through numbers that there are way too many goals via corners and crosses. It isn't a matter of opinion.

If there are 'too many' goals from corners, why aren't more people posting screenshots of this? The number of goals from corners in a league is easily viewable. There's plenty people posting useless static shots of the match engine, yet you rarely see any screenshots of league or player stats. 

22 game season in Iceland, this is the stats from the league I'm in, as an example. Doesn't seem to extreme to me. 

corners.PNG

@Dagenham_Dave if you can survive this tide of criticism against the game you are a hero. If you go down trying i will commerorate you in late october next year!

Im somewhat in the middle... Individually i dont disagree with the bad parts of the ME being pointed out... Player movement is poor... There are a lot of corners etc. 

But i just dont care that much, i already find it a lot better than fm16/17 and once its a little tweaked (ME), which sounds likely, it will be better than fm18. 

It is a game and i try to be pragmatic about expectations... So improving each year is all i want. (doesnt stop me airing my opinions on what i think should be better) 

1 minute ago, westy8chimp said:

It is a game and i try to be pragmatic about expectations... So improving each year is all i want. (doesnt stop me airing my opinions on what i think should be better) 

This. 

However, those calling the game 'unplayable' need to get a grip. 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

This. 

However, those calling the game 'unplayable' need to get a grip. 

The last time I checked, Liverpool scored 14 goals after 22 matches in my save. Another guy in this forum posted a picture with Liverpool scoring 24 goals from corners (it is raised as a bug). I really won´t bother my brother sending pics of his saves or my other friends. 

Also the devs have said that it is an issue they are aware of and investigating. I think this concludes this topic.

But I wonder why I am replying to you as I remember you from 2012 when I was active here and you defended the game as if your life depended on it. Not much has changed since then.

20 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

If there are 'too many' goals from corners, why aren't more people posting screenshots of this? The number of goals from corners in a league is easily viewable. There's plenty people posting useless static shots of the match engine, yet you rarely see any screenshots of league or player stats. 

22 game season in Iceland, this is the stats from the league I'm in, as an example. Doesn't seem to extreme to me. 

corners.PNG

So you took issue from everyone saying there are too many goals from corners, set pieces, and crosses and took out two of them and only show us corners to try to get your point across? 

Im still waiting for you to show a tactic based on possession that can create ccc's since apparently it's everyone's fault with their own tactics.

18 minutes ago, Sticx said:

So you took issue from everyone saying there are too many goals from corners, set pieces, and crosses and took out two of them and only show us corners to try to get your point across? 

No, the reason why I posted corner stats only is the other two are not easily viewable on the stats page for all teams, therefore I concentrated on corners alone. 

But hey, I'm not too fussed regardless, I'm having a great time with the game, so who's the real winner? :brock:

In my experience it definitely feels like a far greater proportion of goals were scored from set pieces than you'd see in real life, but that was with Liverpool and it remains to be seen what I'll experience with a team that doesn't face park the bus tactics as often.

What I can tell you is that the corners discussion is a red herring. Whoever complains about that is, whether knowingly or not, actually complaining about much deeper issues with the ME. I mean seeing so many corners is obviously not a problem that exists in a vacuum. 

The real issue is player movement in attack. This is extensively documented in the Bugs forum and has been acknowledged already by SI so I see no point in actually debating this or persisting with the idea that it's all because our tactics are wrong. The very static movement of central attacking players such as strikers and IF's leads to a dire lack of passing options for midfielders, so they knock it around the box laterally for a bit then inevitably go wide for a fullback (or a long shot) because that's the only place where any movement happens. This is why so much of the play is funneled through wide areas, crossing etc as many people are reporting. Then you have another acknowledged bug which is wide players dwelling on the ball instead of crossing, add that to the lack of movement in the box and you get tons of blocked crosses and tackles on wide players leading to a corner. And voila, we're back at "too many corners".

Solve the core issues and the rest should mostly fall into place the way I see it. Just comparing corner stats to real life is besides the point IMO.

Edited by bar333

18 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

No, the reason why I posted corner stats only is the other two are not easily viewable on the stats page for all teams, therefore I concentrated on corners alone. 

But hey, I'm not too fussed regardless, I'm having a great time with the game, so who's the real winner? :brock:

Why did you leave the last part of my quote out? Where is your possession tactic that can produce ccc's since obviously there is nothing wrong with the ME and it's our fault with bad tactics as quoted by you.  Surely someone with your tactical guru can come up with something? Or can you only criticize everyone else for bad tactics and and hide behind your computer while not supplying any of us plebs with your tactical genius? Right winner? :brock:

Edited by Sticx

24 minutes ago, bar333 said:

Solve the core issues and the rest should mostly fall into place the way I see it. Just comparing corner stats to real life is besides the point IMO.

In my humble opinion, this is the most sensible thing posted in the last page or two. The OTT reactions deriding the ME are way wide of the mark, and anyone with a modicum of perceptive gumption can see how close SI have got to something very special.

If the balance of who plays a through ball, when and from where can be addressed along with forward movement, then we're golden.

14 minutes ago, Sticx said:

Why did you leave the last part of my quote out? Where is your possession tactic that can produce ccc' since obviously there is nothing wrong with the ME 

I've never once said there's nothing wrong with the match engine. Where do people get this stuff from? 

3 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

In my humble opinion, this is the most sensible thing posted in the last page or two. The OTT reactions deriding the ME are way wide of the mark, and anyone with a modicum of perceptive gumption can see how close SI have got to something very special.

If the balance of who plays a through ball, when and from where can be addressed along with forward movement, then we're golden.

And are those things confirmed to being fixed by SI?

3 minutes ago, trickz said:

And are those things confirmed to being fixed by SI?

It's been mentioned several times its an area they are still working on. Hitting either extreme is easy. Getting the right balance is hard. Because you can every Tom dick and Harry splitting defences, but you do need to get those top players for their respective levels having that ability. 

Just now, RTHerringbone said:

They're a smart bunch. I'm sure they're on it.

I'm getting old now but I do wish the hyperbole in this forum would just chill the **** out now and then.

Some things will never change. It's not GD with frustration and hyperbole. 

Hopefully they can hit something this side of Christmas

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

corners.PNG

There have been many pictures posted. You've simply missed them.

Also the Serie A numbers are high compared to real life. A goal every 3 games from corners is far too much. Real life teams score less than 1 every 4.

But the game isn't "unplayable" by any means, no.

5 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

They're a smart bunch. I'm sure they're on it.

I'm getting old now but I do wish the hyperbole in this forum would just chill the **** out now and then.

Sorry if I came out as rude but I was just genuinely asking if they knew the problem existed and were trying to fix it. I guess reading all the 17 pages of this thread would get me the answer but I thought asking someone would be quicker.

11 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Have been stressing the lack of forward movement on the bugs forum. Luckily others are now constructively helping out. 

The lack of forward movement i.m.o ties to almost all issues people keep stressing on about:

lack of through balls, predominant focus on wing play, which results in more corners and throw ins, leading to more goals from set pieces.

The ME is fantastic in many regards,  it is so close to blowing all previous ME's out of the water. 

1 minute ago, trickz said:

Sorry if I came out as rude but I was just genuinely asking if they knew the problem existed and were trying to fix it. I guess reading all the 17 pages of this thread would get me the answer but I thought asking someone would be quicker.

It's a fair question and you weren't rude. And it's probably been lost in this thread 

Just now, trickz said:

Apologies - wasn't taking a pop at you at all. It just seems like earlier today there was a domino effect of "misplaced passion", and it was that spate of posts that I was getting arsey about.