Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

The irony, FM 19 beta seemed to have largely good reviews from those who had played the game except that there were too many goals from crosses , not enough through balls and injuries. Now with the full game out it seems that there are more groans over the full game than the beta that the players are unable to cross the ball and they seem to just wait to be tackled instead of crossing and the issue with the AMC and through balls is yet to be fixed.  Hopefully things get ironed out with a patch or an update and we don't have to wait too long for it. Going by history can we expect an update in a week or 2?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, bar333 said:

Backup GK's demanding more playtime have been a problem forever in FM. If you want the traditional hierarchy of GK's, meaning the 2nd GK only plays if the first choice is unavailable, then that's basically impossible to maintain - you'll have to replace your 2nd GK every season, two at a stretch.

Basically, the game needs a unique squad status for a designated 2nd GK, been saying it for years. Not all 'Backup' players are created equal - but all you can give a 2nd GK is the same squad status that you can give to backup outfield players, meaning they expect to at least start here and there, cups maybe, and some appearances off the bench. Whereas many backup GK's in real life sign up knowing they might not even make a single appearance, in fact that's most of them because that's what usually happens in the smaller and lower league teams who treat the cups very seriously and only have league games otherwise. It's why I've made a habit of signing young, decent but not hugely promising GK's on a Hot Prospect contract and just having them as my backup GK's while also available for the reserves\U23's.

An annoying issue that should have been addressed years ago.

Ah, yeah. I've taken to doing that quite regularly too. Either that or finding some really old goalkeeper who's about to retire - I think in one of my previous FM saves I had Joe Hart for a good two years. But I've just taken the young somewhat-promising goalkeeper route in my save. I think it's worth having a semi-decent back-up because sometimes the game decides to mess with you and injure your goalkeeper anyway! 

1 hour ago, bradjsmith said:

just out of curo how does a staff members pa affect his ability ? because there are some with pa 190 but they are useless so can they get better like players ? if so how ?

PA won't affect his ability, that's just potential ability not his current skill level. And yes they can get better, they will improve their attributes and current ability over time as they get older, get more experience, and take coaching badges

14 minutes ago, timmy said:

Going by history can we expect an update in a week or 2?

I would not count on an official ME update within two weeks. I am inclined to think the issue of how attacking movement is coded in this ME is actually quite difficult to fix or balance.

A BETA update for extensive testing within the next week or two would be recommandable though.

6 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

I would not count on an official ME update within two weeks. I am inclined to think the issue of how attacking movement is coded in this ME is actually quite difficult to fix or balance.

A BETA update for extensive testing within the next week or two would be recommandable though.

Thanks Mensell76. A bit confused here between ME update and Beta update. Are we not playing now the full ME or just an beta update?

BTw i have read a few of your posts and they make very good sense with the state of the ME and Fm19. keep it up, let's hope the ME gets fine tuned to a better state.

1 minute ago, timmy said:

Thanks Mensell76. A bit confused here between ME update and Beta update. Are we not playing now the full ME or just an beta update?

BTw i have read a few of your posts and they make very good sense with the state of the ME and Fm19. keep it up, let's hope the ME gets fine tuned to a better state.

Thanks.

If you read the first thread on the general feedback forum the prolonged Beta is explained. You can sign up for it and receive work in progress updates. 

8 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

Thanks.

If you read the first thread on the general feedback forum the prolonged Beta is explained. You can sign up for it and receive work in progress updates. 

I do hope the good people are reading your posts sincerely because you really have put in a lot of effort, time and passion into wanting a better FM for everybody. Great work.

1 minute ago, timmy said:

I do hope the good people are reading your posts sincerely because you really have put in a lot of effort, time and passion into wanting a better FM for everybody. Great work.

I do hope so as well. If not, kind words like yours do make the effort and time more worthwhile.

Cheers :)

Tons of yellow cards and sent offs... Defenders missing headers and letting attackers in front of goal... Tons of injuries... We need to shot 389 time to score once, the other team just have to shot 2 or 3 times to score...

Alright, so complaints about playing time are still as busted as ever and perhaps more so. I suppose it is long standing tradition of FM to introduce new features with glaring issues and not address them for literal years, as long as the feature with it's bells and whistles sold copies then all is good.

I'm in December in my Dynamo Dresden save and I've already promised 6 players that they will be sold due to lack of playing time, out of which 3 became public bust-ups that divided my dressing room, and promised 4 others that I will give them more first team football. Now I just got another one, that makes a total of 11 players unhappy with playing time in a little under 6 months. That's basically half of my entire squad. I've been conditioned to expect the "X doesn't seem himself" email on a bi-weekly basis. There seems to be no sweet spot I can reach as a second division team, with the amount of games I play (one game a week at a stretch), that can both placate my rotation and backup players and the First Team players. The rotation players expect to play every other week, the first teamers expect to play every game. By rotating the team all I'm ending up with is both groups being unhappy.

And after checking by save scumming for science, I can confirm that I found no conversation options that will make them drop the issue - I counted 13 conversation options and I have to wonder why they all exist if they all inevitably lead to one of precisely two outcomes - sell or guarantee starts regardless of form, ability etc.

Edit: Make it 12.

Edited by bar333

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

@Mensell76, it hasn't been said, but thank you for your contributions, here and especially the bugs forum. :thup:

Thanks and much appreciated. Luckily there are quite a few great contributors amongst us.

My focus is merely on the ME and trying to help that become the best we have seen so far. And I am certain it can be the best based on all the hours I have clocked so far only watching matches (I have yet to really start playing the game).

That is why in this particular thread I try to balance the view on the ME on certain occassions. Due to the understandable frustration of many of us players the reputation of the ME (And the SI employees putting their heart and soul into it) often gets through the ringer. Sometimes in very well written posts,  often however also in unwarranted and harsh critiques.

I dare to say the glass regarding the current, or beta ME was never half empty but 85 percent full. And if we can gain another 10 percent I think the veil of this ME will be lifted and everyone will consider it a work of art.

Having said that, the ball is in your court SI.

I guess i'll take a break from the Game .. just like last year .. a FINAL version is not really FINAL . Which is very disappointing . What would you guys say , if people are saying "oh , Game buggy , ill pay you half ,and when it's working properly, you get the other half" . I'm sure you would Release patch after Patch if that would be possible ... I just can't take it anymore . You can do whatever you want ... The ME just does not what you want.

Millions of corners .

Goalkeepers are total garbage

Ball hitting the Post/Bar and bouncing back to the Goalkeeper as he got a Magnet on his body ...  Many issues have already been posted in here. But it's a shame , that nobody from SI is saying nothing about it !! But hey . Big feature . lets celebrate. a curling Ball in a football game. BOOM 

:idiot:

2 hours ago, bar333 said:

Alright, so complaints about playing time are still as busted as ever and perhaps more so. I suppose it is long standing tradition of FM to introduce new features with glaring issues and not address them for literal years, as long as the feature with it's bells and whistles sold copies then all is good.

I'm in December in my Dynamo Dresden save and I've already promised 6 players that they will be sold due to lack of playing time, out of which 3 became public bust-ups that divided my dressing room, and promised 4 others that I will give them more first team football. Now I just got another one, that makes a total of 11 players unhappy with playing time in a little under 6 months. That's basically half of my entire squad. I've been conditioned to expect the "X doesn't seem himself" email on a bi-weekly basis. There seems to be no sweet spot I can reach as a second division team, with the amount of games I play (one game a week at a stretch), that can both placate my rotation and backup players and the First Team players. The rotation players expect to play every other week, the first teamers expect to play every game. By rotating the team all I'm ending up with is both groups being unhappy.

And after checking by save scumming for science, I can confirm that I found no conversation options that will make them drop the issue - I counted 13 conversation options and I have to wonder why they all exist if they all inevitably lead to one of precisely two outcomes - sell or guarantee starts regardless of form, ability etc.

Edit: Make it 12.

You can balance playing time against contract status with any number of fixtures as long as there are more than about ten.

Your Key Players should start in 60% fixtures

First teamers in 50%

Rotation/Backup in 40%

So, if you balance your contracts properly against the squad positions it becomes quite easy.

If you have a Key Player contract in position A, then his replacement should not be on anything higher than a Rotation/Backup contract status. Check starts every ten fixtures or so and rotate accordingly. 

First Teamers can share positions, but as long as they both get 50/50 they will be satisfied with playing time.

Generally speaking, no more than four maximum Key Player contracts in the club, personally, i prefer only two or three, with the rest of the first choice 11 made up of First Teamers. I generally rotate based on contract rather than performance, as this has an inherent 'rest' for the players, I rarely get complaints or jaded players.

I don't know how you have your statuses set up, but for most complaints about playing time, it's usually an unbalanced spread of contract status and appearances. 

54 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

I guess i'll take a break from the Game .. just like last year .. a FINAL version is not really FINAL . Which is very disappointing . What would you guys say , if people are saying "oh , Game buggy , ill pay you half ,and when it's working properly, you get the other half" . I'm sure you would Release patch after Patch if that would be possible ... I just can't take it anymore . You can do whatever you want ... The ME just does not what you want.

Millions of corners .

Goalkeepers are total garbage

Ball hitting the Post/Bar and bouncing back to the Goalkeeper as he got a Magnet on his body ...  Many issues have already been posted in here. But it's a shame , that nobody from SI is saying nothing about it !! But hey . Big feature . lets celebrate. a curling Ball in a football game. BOOM 

:idiot:

Millions of corners? I have Always refrained from saying this but, and wait for it (for all the How I Met your Mother fans amongst us)…….

IT'S YOUR TACTICS. ;)

Now on a more serious note, what a big contrast between two messages in a row on this thread.

Without nuance I am pretty sure your words will and in my personal opinion should get lost. Garbage, millions. A curling ball as a feature... I can't remember SI selling that to us as a feature but in fact stating that the previous version wasn't as capable as it should have been in showing curve on the ball. One might actually read that as a guilty plea.

If you want SI to comment, please open up a more directed thread with examples in the bugs forum or help us out in one of them. Only in there you do get answers from SI members on occassion (even though I'd like to see that on a more frequent and in a more insightful manner). 

Edited by Mensell76

1 hour ago, Snorks said:

You can balance playing time against contract status with any number of fixtures as long as there are more than about ten.

Your Key Players should start in 60% fixtures

First teamers in 50%

Rotation/Backup in 40%

So, if you balance your contracts properly against the squad positions it becomes quite easy.

If you have a Key Player contract in position A, then his replacement should not be on anything higher than a Rotation/Backup contract status. Check starts every ten fixtures or so and rotate accordingly. 

First Teamers can share positions, but as long as they both get 50/50 they will be satisfied with playing time.

Generally speaking, no more than four maximum Key Player contracts in the club, personally, i prefer only two or three, with the rest of the first choice 11 made up of First Teamers. I generally rotate based on contract rather than performance, as this has an inherent 'rest' for the players, I rarely get complaints or jaded players.

I don't know how you have your statuses set up, but for most complaints about playing time, it's usually an unbalanced spread of contract status and appearances. 

While these figures may be true at some clubs, it is not at the bigger clubs. You can look at any big club and see tons of exemptions to this rule. Let's just pick Man United. If this season was an FM save, Phil Jones would b transfer listed by now because he would have gone to Mourinho and demanded to start more league games or to let him move on. The same can be said of Fred. He would have done the same. Romero I don't think has started one game this season. He would again demand to be transfer listed. I know because I have done a Man United save, and while I have played Fred more than he has so far this season, the other two did just what I said. You can go through the roster of any big club and these figures don't hold up. So maybe at an average club you could make a case, at the bigger clubs players sit on the bench and don't threaten to overthrow the locker room. Let's not even bring up the issue of players not caring about playing in the champions league. Apparently it's also only league starts they care about.

Edited by Sticx

It seems like no matter what my passing settings are, the only thing my players do is heap long balls over the top. I have play out of the defense, much shorter passing, low tempo, etc etc. Yet every highlight, and every goal we score is a long ball from deep over the top.

40 minutes ago, Sticx said:

While these figures may be true at some clubs, it is not at the bigger clubs. You can look at any big club and see tons of exemptions to this rule. Let's just pick Man United. If this season was an FM save, Phil Jones would b transfer listed by now because he would have gone to Mourinho and demanded to start more league games or to let him move on. The same can be said of Fred. He would have done the same. Romero I don't think has started one game this season. He would again demand to be transfer listed. I know because I have done a Man United save, and while I have played Fred more than he has so far this season, the other two did just what I said. You can go through the roster of any big club and these figures don't hold up. So maybe at an average club you could make a case, at the bigger clubs players sit on the bench and don't threaten to overthrow the locker room. Let's not even bring up the issue of players not caring about playing in the champions league. Apparently it's also only league starts they care about.

These players aren't playing for a rookie coach in real life, they are playing for Jose Mourinho.

He's won the PL three times. 

37 minutes ago, Sticx said:

OK, calm down.

You haven't mentioned their squad status in all in your post.

Fred is a Rotation option - IRL he is not expecting to start that many games with Pogba and Matic in the middle.

Phil Jones may have been talked to at the start of the season and told not to expect too many games. (In FM terms, his squad status changed)

Romero, IRL, appears to be quite happy in his role as backup keeper, and with DDG in front of him it's only natural he gets so few games. He understands he is there to cover for injuries/suspensions to DDG.

League games and cup games are the ones that matter, competitive matches. These are weighted by competition as well, so semi-finals and cup finals carry more weight as 'important matches'. Friendlies count for nothing in playing time.

It is nigh on impossible to compare IRL with FM in this instance, as IRL are real human beings whereas FM is computer algorithms

Balance the squad statuses and you shouldn't have a problem. 

You can alter these before the season kicks off, July I find, without there being any blowback from players other than some new contract requests.

16 minutes ago, Snorks said:

OK, calm down.

You haven't mentioned their squad status in all in your post.

Fred is a Rotation option - IRL he is not expecting to start that many games with Pogba and Matic in the middle.

Phil Jones may have been talked to at the start of the season and told not to expect too many games. (In FM terms, his squad status changed)

Romero, IRL, appears to be quite happy in his role as backup keeper, and with DDG in front of him it's only natural he gets so few games. He understands he is there to cover for injuries/suspensions to DDG.

League games and cup games are the ones that matter, competitive matches. These are weighted by competition as well, so semi-finals and cup finals carry more weight as 'important matches'. Friendlies count for nothing in playing time.

It is nigh on impossible to compare IRL with FM in this instance, as IRL are real human beings whereas FM is computer algorithms

Balance the squad statuses and you shouldn't have a problem. 

You can alter these before the season kicks off, July I find, without there being any blowback from players other than some new contract requests.

Why are you telling me to calm down? Was I yelling? All I'm saying is that squad status doesn't matter, especially when you factor in champions league games into the equation. Rotation players expect to start far more than they do at big clubs. And you can't go to players at the start of the season and tell them they won't start many games. You can't go below rotation in squad status with a senior player, which is what Jones status is I think. And if Romero is so happy to start so few games why did he come demanding to be sold because he isn't starting?

And you are off about cup games. Your squad treats the champions league like it's the carabou cup. They don't factor in the start percentages, only league games count for that. I know because I have rotated squads for league matches to rest them for champions league games midweek and they will come to you saying they aren't starting enough games even though they have started every champions league match. Even the press conferences seem to indicate champions league matches aren't important. Every time I get asked are you planning to rotate because you have a game on the weekend. Like I'm going to rest my top players against Juventus to save them for Cardiff on the weekend.

Edited by Sticx

19 minutes ago, johnhughthom said:

These players aren't playing for a rookie coach in real life, they are playing for Jose Mourinho.

He's won the PL three times. 

So he likes to keep reminding everyone about. A lot of coaches start their careers at senior level clubs and they don't have to sell a quarter of their squad because the players feel they can demand whatever they want. 

49 minutes ago, Sticx said:

. A lot of coaches start their careers at senior level clubs and they don't have to sell a quarter of their squad because the players feel they can demand whatever they want. 

Probably because they manage it more effectively. 

1 hour ago, Sticx said:

Why are you telling me to calm down? Was I yelling? All I'm saying is that squad status doesn't matter, especially when you factor in champions league games into the equation. Rotation players expect to start far more than they do at big clubs. And you can't go to players at the start of the season and tell them they won't start many games. You can't go below rotation in squad status with a senior player, which is what Jones status is I think. And if Romero is so happy to start so few games why did he come demanding to be sold because he isn't starting?

And you are off about cup games. Your squad treats the champions league like it's the carabou cup. They don't factor in the start percentages, only league games count for that. I know because I have rotated squads for league matches to rest them for champions league games midweek and they will come to you saying they aren't starting enough games even though they have started every champions league match. Even the press conferences seem to indicate champions league matches aren't important. Every time I get asked are you planning to rotate because you have a game on the weekend. Like I'm going to rest my top players against Juventus to save them for Cardiff on the weekend.

When it comes to playing time, Squad status is EVERYTHING in Football Manager.  See, this is a computer simulation not real life.  So, in Football Manager, at the start of the season you set playing expectations with your players by their squad status. If I give someone Key Player status, but only play him in 40% competitive he is going to get annoyed. If I give him Rotation status and play him in 60% games he will come and ask for better contract due to his importance to the team. That's the computer game being, well, a computer game.

I am struggling now to separate your posts into real life and FM examples - 'you can't go below rotation in squad status with a senior player' are you talking about real life or Football Manager?. I have senior players on Backup contracts in my game, I often keep senior players on (FM18 at least) for their influence on younger players. I don't believe it is a 'thing' in real life contracts, but players generally understand their place in the squad, they either accept it, work harder and try an earn the starting spot, or ask to leave. We don't know what Fred has said to his agent, or Mou  or his cleaner about playing time IRL. I had no idea Romero had complained, but hey, that's up to him in real life. What he does IRL has no impact o nyour Football Manager save game.

As far as starts counting, yes, any competitive game counts, not just league games, Although a league fixture against Liverpool would probably carry more weight for the player than an away trip to Stoke for the Carabao Cup first round, but then, a Champions League Game would carry more weight if it is against Juventus - especially if it is later in the competition. Same as the personality trait of 'enjoys big matches' or 'doesn't enjoy big matches'. Easy way to keep track is your squad selection screen, and the appearances column - checked against squad status periodically and team selections rotated over the following four or five games. You don't have to rest players against Juventus to be ready for Cardiff the following Saturday, those fixtures have been in the calender for a while, and you have a number of games either side to rotate enough to ensure your best 11 can start against Juve, besides, one game in a season of 50-60 won;t make much difference anyway.

A balanced squad would look something like:

3-4 Key Players

7-8 First Team ----- Make sure they add up to 11 and there's your first choice starting line up. 

The rest on Rotation or Backup, with a few Hot Prospects making appearances as and when you want to rest your KP or FT (note I say when you want to.... not when they need.....) and if you keep everyone on or close to the proportion of starts over a season generally they will accept it. Some egos will show their faces but one or two are easy to manage over a season. 

Personally, I always check every 10-15 competitive fixtures, i, say, I have a FT'er with only 40% appearances and no recent injuries, I find a couple of fixtures over the next month or so where he gets a starting place. Picking the most suitable fixture (away at Stoke rather than Juve in the Champions League). I tend to kkep the number of Key Players down to a minimum, and FT'ers as well as iI would rather have Rotation players getting more game time than Key Players not getting enough.

So I suggest you review your squad status, set the statuses to be more balanced and play 10-20 games with a thought-out rotation policy.

Your posts did start to sound a little angry and frustrated, and I am merely trying to explain how the game works in this regard as I rarely ever get disgruntled players in my saves because of playing time. I hope I have helped.

I think they really should add how many games (or an estimative) a player in a certain squad status would expect to get (maybe varying with their personality) in a given season.

That would probably reduce a lot of confusion and problems with this. 

Edited by Lanko

2 hours ago, Lanko said:

I think they really should add how many games (or an estimative) a player in a certain squad status would expect to get (maybe varying with their personality) in a given season.

That would probably reduce a lot of confusion and problems with this. 

For competitive fixtures (League, Cup, Euros) - friendlies make no difference whatsoever.

Key Player 60%

First Team 50%

Rotation 40%

give or take a bit of wiggle room maybe =/- 5-10% depending on personality and performance. These numbers work well to keep it manageable with all things being equal.

If your players don;t like you they are more likely to complain anyway. 

The problem being that if SI publish these figures, then everyone takes it as a god-given absolute and it never is because of so many other factors involved in player happiness, probably more so now that Dynamics became so big in FM18. One of the skills of the football manager is keeping the players content with their lot. Game time is one part of that, albeit a big part.

CL matches and league matches will be more important than FA and League Cup matches.

Another thing to remember is that squad status is one aspect. The other will be the player's ability and what he thinks how it compares to others. If he thinks he's close enough or equal in ability to the starting player, he might try and push for a chance to show you.

• Administrators
22 hours ago, ShaunJ said:

Then does anyone have a contact for www.footballmanager.com?

The support link is on the purchase page at the bottom - https://store.footballmanager.com/2019/uk/docs/email_support?utm_campaign=fm19&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=fm_website

Things is getting seriously weird with match schedules.

5 week pre-season:

First two weeks is empty as expected.

3rd week is Community shield. (Bit early?)

4th week is two PRM league matches.

5th week is an offer from Bayern for a friendly and another PRM match.

6th week again two PRM league matches.

7th week Euro Super Cup and a PRM match.

I'm really not seeing how I can be doing EPL matches in pre-season and I don't think they usually start with two EPL matches pr. week?

2/112022 Champions Cup Grp Stage match.

Next match is  on 31/12/2022. Nice two month winter break?!??

1 minute ago, Miravlix said:

Things is getting seriously weird with match schedules.

5 week pre-season:

First two weeks is empty as expected.

3rd week is Community shield. (Bit early?)

4th week is two PRM league matches.

5th week is an offer from Bayern for a friendly and another PRM match.

6th week again two PRM league matches.

7th week Euro Super Cup and a PRM match.

I'm really not seeing how I can be doing EPL matches in pre-season and I don't think they usually start with two EPL matches pr. week?

2/112022 Champions Cup Grp Stage match.

Next match is  on 31/12/2022. Nice two month winter break?!??

Qatar Fifa world cup

18 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

PA won't affect his ability, that's just potential ability not his current skill level. And yes they can get better, they will improve their attributes and current ability over time as they get older, get more experience, and take coaching badges

so if a coach has def rating of 13 say, will this increase as his ca increases or is he stuck with this ?

I was optimistic during beta but after a bit of testing on full game I'm back to the old feeling of disappointment. Other people have spoken about issues of current ME and I agree completely. Corner kicks are out of control, I think we're up there with FM12 (ironically the one thing that I really hated on FM12 :lol:), creative play in the centre of the field is very limited unless you consider long balls over the top as 'through balls' (I certainly don't). A number of little/big issues with certain leagues structure and other random bugs (I've seen they've all been reported) also stop me from starting a long term save at this point.

Also, I have very little experience with the editor but I'm reading that most of the traditional 'experts' are having huge problems at the moment. Now I know I shouldn't expect extra leagues and DB as a given, but SI should be wise and understand that those league packs ( @claassen anyone?) and custom DB's provided by the community have made the game much more enjoyable in the years, and I'd dare to say this has been a relevant part of the success of this series. The end of the hair packs era (btw newgens faces/hair still extremely disappointing) has already been a disaster at least for me, please SI don't do the same with league packs.

to be fair im finding the me quite good with goals coming from all different types. through balls ( though over the top and not defence splitting ground passes) crosses, long shots, maizy runs.

trouble is the game is a little too easy at times as your team rips through other teams. for me the transfer market is also too wierd with transfers happening for value and top players asking to be actually listed thus their asking price is set too low. kane went to manu in mine for 65 mill as he was tl. trippier at celtic value 20 mill and went for 18 despite being happy and not listed.

but over all happy with the game, could have done with a bit more interaction to build good or bad relationships and little bit like mini leagues showing how your doing against the top 6 or if your london how your doing compared to other london clubs. but its a step in the right direction

Over the years SI decided to make this game like a second job for the players, analyze, look at games, analyze again, read guides, read books, watch videos to make tactics work. Lol. I’ll return to FM13 or so where the game was fun to play. Cba to spend months to learn about a game that’s not even useful to real life. I’m done.

4 minutes ago, Armistice said:

Over the years SI decided to make this game like a second job for the players, analyze, look at games, analyze again, read guides, read books, watch videos to make tactics work. Lol. I’ll return to FM13 or so where the game was fun to play. Cba to spend months to learn about a game that’s not even useful to real life. I’m done.

For the most part, if you make a decision according to "what would a football manager do?" and not "how do I game this system to maximize these numbers," it will reward you. There are some quirky exceptions (such as warning 6.4 and below players for poor performances), but the game isn't asking you to do a doctorate in anything, just to make sensible decisions.

4 minutes ago, Armistice said:

i'm not going to go into the fun part, but i don't think you need to do all that. problem is that instructions don't do things they are intended to do and which is related to the ME itself. most people find the game to be easy anyway.

Just now, Double Indemnity said:

For the most part, if you make a decision according to "what would a football manager do?" and not "how do I game this system to maximize these numbers," it will reward you. There are some quirky exceptions (such as warning 6.4 and below players for poor performances), but the game isn't asking you to do a doctorate in anything, just to make sensible decisions.

It has never worked for me the way I wanted, despite putting in hours of my time to learn how the game works. Now I wish I did something else with that time.

i dont think ME is so broken .. i can make my team play the way i  want and score goals like the last one (last play of the clip) ...i dont think is so broken as people say that they wont even play until the "fix it"  ... am more inclined to say that is the tactics and the player instructions .. those changed a lot in the predefined roles ... as soon as i unticked the cross often from wide players my team is creating a lot of good chances like the last goal .... in that play the last 3 passes are right IF > center forward > left IF, perfect vision and use of space.

pd: for me the ingame uploads to youtube is broken, cant record highlights or do anything from the game, didnt have any problems in past years ... thats why i did it manually and added some random music bc it had no audio.

Edited by kertiek

also when your trying to play a certain way look at the individual traits that player have as they might be ruining your tactics. example i like to play with wingers but salah is always cutting inside which crowds the midfield a bit much. but you learn to live with it as he gets 20 + goals a season

Every year it appears we have the same debate. I understand that to a large extent given it is an evolutionary type game, rather than new in your face game. But what I find most confusing is the contradictions. Many of the contributors are far more experienced at the game than I, even though I have been playing since CM before it became FM, therefore there seem to have more critical views than myself. I suppose they understand the intricacies and dynamics of football much more so than I, hence their frustrations. I come from the early days of 442 and baggy shorts.

I also understand game breakers and the impact they have for some players. Especially like the ones that the guy who has issues with his teams in Iceland. But, it's the too many/too few arguments I cannot understand fully.  It cannot be that both are right re too many crosses, not enough crosses, too many long shot, not enough long shot, too few balls through the middle to too many and so on.

The game I think this year, is more complex from training through to team harmony but I find that a good challenge. I am sure the future patches whilst satisfying some will upset others. Impossible to please all FM gamers.

Sure SI have toned down injuries, tweaked the ME etc but for me,overall, the game works and I am enjoying my career with the team I always use. I watch on extended and see great football, excellent and howler movements and passes. Fantastic and fumbled goals. For me so far so good, just wanted to express my opinion after 26 games into my first season.

Cheers SI

Edited by Kazza

Sorry, but im really frustrated..... I have never seen such a worst balance.  I manage Ajax in the year 2023... It doesn t matter how i play away.. Enemy team is always defending with 8-10 players in their own penalty area... There is 0 room for a pass, 0 room for a shot.

really weak teams in my league defend like they have 4 players with 50 Mio value and more.... Gegenpressing or Ball posession makes no difference.  my 4-2-3-1 is a desaster. I also tried my classic 442, which was very sucessful in fm 2018.... In FM 19 you can forget it.... I got destroyed from several teams away, my 34 Mio Striker plays like Mr. Bean, this is real slapstick.  Ball winning MF are getting a red card in each 1-3 matches.   At the end enemy team plays a 50 meter pass to their stiker ( my defence is slightly deeper...) and they make the match winning goal.  At the moment im done with that game.. In my opinion the balance is ********.