Football Manager 2019 Pre Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

14 minutes ago, RyanBrown said:

I am an Owl and often up through the night, so the earlier the better for me. I imagine the game and everything will most definitely be sorted by then.

At the stroke of midnight when thousands are waiting to hit download at the same moment it can get clogged and this board is bombarded by impatient lunatics. Always better to hold back a bit - not that I have any choice - midnight for you is 7 am for me anyway :(

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, KF1990 said:

I don't know if this is a known thing or a bug I should report. Some of nations lowest available leagues can be selected on game start up but are greyed out when selecting your team. Are they not playable and won't be playable? Is it just greyed out during beta? Is it a bug?

Nations I've noticed is the French lowest league and Norwegian Lowest league.

This is intended. They have added these leagues since a lot of B-teams play there. But they are not playable out of the box. I think someone will fix that shortly after release though, have a look in the editor section a couple of days after release of the editor if you want them playable.

Re-played one of my matches from 19.0 and I have to say, defending is even better in 19.1. Also while in possession, asking my players to 'Take fewer risks' is making them play simpler passes. :thup:

Edited by pats

Just now, Armistice said:

Yeah typical FM, instead of blocking the passing lanes they close down the same player.

The next step for FM is to try to implement real world pressing styles. It's not about how much or how urgently you press, it's about a specific team plan to press. They should consult with various quality coaches to go over pressing styles in different systems. For example:

- In a diamond the strikers split, block passing lanes and force them through the centre. 

- In a 4-3-3 the advanced playmaker pushing in tight on the opposing DM to support the press of the front 3. 

- In the formation Conte played at chelsea the AMCs pressing the full backs etc. 

etc etc etc

Just now, pauly15 said:

Phantom goals: How do I upload the game file? "PSV score twice in two minutes". Umm... no they didn't!

image.thumb.png.7efd956764ba8ab3e2b6db89aacc08b4.png

All the information you'll find in pinned threads in each section of the bugs forum. For a ME issue, this is that pinned thread: 

The teams are playing direct passes in transition no matter what passing length is set in the TIs. As soon as they win the ball back they look to launch direct counters even if you don't want them to. Also the ball is being constantly switched from one flank to the other even if you don't want to play like that.

Edited by pats

Just now, pats said:

The teams are playing direct passes in transition no matter what passing length is set in the TIs. As soon as they win the ball back they look to launch direct counters even if you don't want them to.

If you or anyone has example of this when your instructions told them not to, please report it, if you don't mind. They'll need the PKM and the timed instances of this happening. See here for details : 

12 minutos atrás, pauly15 disse:

Phantom goals: How do I upload the game file? "PSV score twice in two minutes". Umm... no they didn't!

image.thumb.png.7efd956764ba8ab3e2b6db89aacc08b4.pngimage.thumb.png.e97d8f1deed320184568ebc153b809ee.png

I have had the exact same problem, there is already a thread in the ME bugs section about it with some 5 or 6 PKM's of different players, its under review, but the more pkm's the better.

Edited by nasd55
Add link

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

At the stroke of midnight when thousands are waiting to hit download at the same moment it can get clogged and this board is bombarded by impatient lunatics. Always better to hold back a bit - not that I have any choice - midnight for you is 7 am for me anyway :(

Im 7 hours ahead of the UK . Does it mean I get in first

Penalties seems to have gone from below 50% conversion rate to 100% conversion rate. The amount of penalties seems high as well.

8 penalties against us in 14 games. 100% scored. 3 for us, all scored.

Edited by Karnack

2 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Impatient for all the right reasons though, two weeks of Beta you kind of want the game to come out and get stuck in - or that might just be my impatiences :lol:. I was just looking for clarity on the release that's all. I am sure when you finish work you can dive right in! 

Is there any way to isolate individual player's statistics in the match analysis?

Also, passing length has gone too far in the opposite direction. We've gone from not playing through balls begging to be played, to playing direct passes even when they're not on.

Intercepted long passes (full pitch):

Old ME:

image.thumb.png.512e882f6ccb11b2a067d13127e59650.png

New ME:

image.thumb.png.da2e7c72c0ce034bbebf956a6612ca07.png

Sadly in it's current form it's far less enjoyable/natural/aesthetically pleasing than it was, despite the # of goals from crosses now being more balanced. What needs to happen is for ball carriers, especially in advanced positions, to hit runs actually being made. 

Going back to two point hospital till this one is tweaked ;)

Edited by pauly15

My second impression on Me1913 in the 19.1 update is based on a new save with PSV in a 4-2-3-1 tactic. This time around the impression is not good. 

This ME still does not seem to make it possible to play with a traditional nummer 10 playmaker on the AMC position with two controlling midfielders in his back. The AMC is just not getting the ball in the final third where you want him to start dictating play and trying killer balls for the IF's and SC. The AMC is only contributing in an attacking role by getting into the penalty box and scoring some goals. The AMC and SC unfortunately still do not connect in this ME.

Is there anyone with a more positive impression using a playmaker on the AMC position this time around ? 

Edited by Mensell76

8 minutes ago, pauly15 said:

Also, passing length has gone too far in the opposite direction. We've gone from not playing through balls begging to be played, to playing direct passes even when they're not on.

New ME:

image.thumb.png.da2e7c72c0ce034bbebf956a6612ca07.png

yes i agree, default gegenpress, extremly high tempo + pass into space is useless. decision making is really bad just hoofing the ball forward to lone striker between 4 defenders. i hope AI is awere of the changes.  

2 hours ago, pauly15 said:

The next step for FM is to try to implement real world pressing styles. It's not about how much or how urgently you press, it's about a specific team plan to press. They should consult with various quality coaches to go over pressing styles in different systems. For example:

- In a diamond the strikers split, block passing lanes and force them through the centre. 

- In a 4-3-3 the advanced playmaker pushing in tight on the opposing DM to support the press of the front 3. 

- In the formation Conte played at chelsea the AMCs pressing the full backs etc. 

etc etc etc

Yeah but expecting that for FM20 or FM21, we can only get it a bit more tweaked in FM19 if that’s the case.

9 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

I've noticed this option has gone too, really lowers the immersion for me. The only way to explain why you rejected a bid is if the player asks you and you tell him. Hopefully sorted for release.

It was purely RP and had no game effect, so why bother with it?

Come on, if you wan't a reason THINK a reason as you push the button.

3 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

My second impression on Me1913 in the 19.1 update is based on a new save with PSV in a 4-2-3-1 tactic. This time around the impression is not good. 

This ME still does not seem to make it possible to play with a traditional nummer 10 playmaker on the AMC position with two controlling midfielders in his back. The AMC is just not getting the ball in the final third where you want him to start dictating play and trying killer balls for the IF's and SC. The AMC is only contributing in an attacking role by getting into the penalty box and scoring some goals. The AMC and SC unfortunately still do not connect in this ME.

Is there anyone with a more positive impression using a playmaker on the AMC position this time around ? 

maybe not directly conected to AMC issue but what i noticed that default defending is really narrow in final third which leaves vast space on the flanks for full-backs to exploit. usully wide forwrads move forwards and centrally too soon and offer almost no support especially with attack duty. imo they should be more involved on the flanks to play through balls, one-two's with full-backs and midfielders. what happens most of the time is that full-backs have too much space for themselves (because of too narrow defense/ IFs bad defending) with only logical option to dribble and cross the ball.  imo there should be more players involved in stretching defense than just full-backs. this would create holes in defense for attacking teams to exploit. 

12 minutes ago, Mitja said:

maybe not directly conected to AMC issue but what i noticed that default defending is really narrow in final third which leaves vast space on the flanks for full-backs to exploit. usully wide forwrads move forwards and centrally too soon and offer almost no support especially with attack duty. imo they should be more involved on the flanks to play through balls, one-two's with full-backs and midfielders. what happens most of the time is that full-backs have too much space for themselves (because of too narrow defense/ IFs bad defending) with only logical option to dribble and cross the ball.  imo there should be more players involved in stretching defense than just full-backs. this would create holes in defense for attacking teams to exploit. 

Yeah but this has been happening in FM for some time, at least FM17.

14 minutes ago, Vali184 said:

Looks like this ME can't replicate ground level through passes. 

Ground level passes are an issue in general. Any pass longer than like 15 yards seems to have to be put into the air even when it would make much more sense to be passed along the ground

2 minutos atrás, ParanoidBuddha disse:

Almost all GK still have as best role the ''sweeper keeper'' one 

In modern football a GK needs to be comfortable with his feet and to be one more player in the pitch.

10 minutes ago, 99 said:

In modern football a GK needs to be comfortable with his feet and to be one more player in the pitch.

Nonsense. It's a skill maybe a handful of top keepers have but by no means is it a must have for a modern gk

Edited by treble_yell_:-)

10 minuti fa, 99 ha scritto:

Of course but check in the game, 95% of the GK have as best role the ''sweeper keeper'' one and it isn't normal because there are and there will always be many ''goalkeepers''. Even players as Perin*, Buffon etc ''are'' sweeper keepers in FM19. 
I know the role suitability depends of attributes (?) but then the best role for the GK is not calculated well.

Spoiler

passing -> 6
First touch -> 5
Kicking -> 12

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

I'm still not sure how to feel about the changes to individual training for FM19. Some of the changes are useful, but now being unable to train heading, crossing, dribbling, tackling, can't train any individual GK attributes, or finishing/first touch/etc by themselves is a bit frustrating tbh

8 minuti fa, treble_yell_:-) ha scritto:

Nonsense. It's a skill maybe a handful of top keepers have but by no means is it a must have for a modern gk

Exactly, are just 2 different ways to play as GK. A bit as when I hear ''modern CB have to be ball playing defenders''. Yes, say that to Chiellini or Godin :D 

Crossing has been toned down but now fullbacks and wingers who use to perform cutbacks into the box are now playing the ball all the way into midfield which now is unrealsitic. If your striker or next winger has made a darting run in the box you would expect them to find now they play it to the edge of the 18 and the chance is gone. 

Ok, so I have now completed four seasons in FM19 and without question, this is the best Football Manager for years.  I say that as someone who has clocked up over 6,000 hours between FMs 17&18.  I may give my wife an up to date picture of me to remind her what I look like as she isn’t going to see me for quite a while.

• The new look is refreshing and the purple has definitely grown on me.
  • I have only had three crash dumps so far, whereas I had had a LOT more in previous versions.
  • There are still some annoying bugs, not game breaking by any means, in as I have stated previously in this thread.

Overall, I am delighted.  SI, I thank you.

Played a few more games and it's the same as my last post -

AI seems to be much more aggressive in the press and tempo 

Wide play seems weird , less crosses  , more 50 yard passes back to the midfield ( my winger is also playing very narrow despite attacking width being much wider and him having hugs line etc )

Hollywood passes 50+ yards over the AI d line for a lone striker to chase seems the norm.

Seems like it's just went too far the other way ( still not convinced there was an issue if you actually looked at what was being counted as a "cross")

That stupid issue where the player will get the ball and run away from play towards the corner flag just to cross is still there though.

They have also announced that the transfer budgets have been increased to reflect the world market!

Oh no wait. £65m as Manchester City. I hope I can afford Ronaldos toenail. Oh hang on, he's over 30 and a top earner. Selling him is Impossible this game...

No point. 

Edited by Bothan Spy