It came home. Hope, hope came home

Bliss Seeker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Enjoy this everyone, you don't get many world cup semi finals in your lifetime, savour it.

Whatever happens guys, in my utter dislike for crowds, and numpties, and pretend football fans, I've loved your company in this thread. 

It's been beautiful

NOW LET'S ****ING DO THIS! 

Awful English decisions:

• Not playing Rose as first choice
  • Walker is not a centre back
  • Rashford is not good enough
  • Vardy offers nothing
  • Dele Ali needs to spend more time playing to the whistle instead of appealing for decisions
  • Sterling can't do anything once he's run from midfield to attack

Still the best English team and performance for 25 years.

Close enough

Who would have thought we'd see England play in a world cup semi final. 

Proud of the boys. Proud of the team. 

What a contrast to the last few tournaments

This has been a great journey 

I am sorry that this thread won't go to HOF though :(

England would never reach the semi finals have they won against Belgium, so it was very well played by Southgate. Yeah quite likable squad of young players, but England is way bellow the class of Belgium, France, Brazil and obvously Croatia. Nice try though, this squad have the potential and in 4 years they might challenge for the trophy again.

Like everyone thought in the first game against Tunisia, England's defense is really concerning. Going to the semifinal only with hard work is already a good achievement.

Good effort by the boys. It ended in the second half of the extra time in the semifinal. Heads up and onwards. Hopefully, there are good central defenders available so that any manager won't have to play Walker in the middle.

Good journey. Southgate can close this by giving some caps to bench players in the third-place playoff.

Nice to be part of the #ItsComingHome crowd. :thup:

10 minutes ago, samuelawachie said:

Oh gosh! I'm so glad Croatia won. England would have been very sore winners. 

Let's wait for the media to bring out the knives now

"IT'S ALL STERLING'S FAULT"

In all fairness though, I thought Croatia would be our undoing. But, I think this will set a terrific benchmark for the youth groups coming through. Those players have experience of winning major international tournaments and will have seen how this (frankly average) England squad have done, and it could inspire them to really push on and fulfil the potential they've been showing in the 2017 youth tournaments.

Just now, Bliss Seeker said:

these lot coming out the woodwork to gout :D

Get a life guys 

We might be disappointed, but we're so happy to have been part of this. 

What a ****ing journey :)

Yes, England have nothing to be ashamed of. And you guys for once did better than Brazil!

Hopefully those players from the youth WCs will develop well, so you guys can make an even stronger national team.

1 minute ago, Bliss Seeker said:

these lot coming out the woodwork to gout  :D

Get a life guys 

We might be disappointed, but we're so happy to have been part of this. 

What a ****ing journey :)

I think you're the only one with gout.

2 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

these lot coming out the woodwork to gloat :D

To be fair its only the usual thick football fans that didn't understand what the whole "Coming home" thing was even about. Plus it doesn't matter when or where you go out, someone somewhere is going to enjoy it.

3 minutes ago, Boltman said:

Well the ref blaming has started in the other thread already, so...

Haven't read the whole thread but I haven't seen anyone blame the ref, my post certainly didn't blame him. He was just a crap ref, properly inconsistent with fouls and yellow cards and let so many clear fouls go.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Idk why are you guys talking like it's over.

Getting a medal is a lot different from going home with two defeats in a row.

In 20 years, everyone will remember you got the bronze if you win it.

Nobody remembers who gets the bronze. Everybody remembers Croatia because it was a great achievement for a newcomer.

Just now, georginho_juventusygr said:

Nobody remembers who gets the bronze. Everybody remembers Croatia because it was a great achievement for a newcomer.

You don't remember the bronze if you're a nation with mutliple Wordl Cup wins, but you certainly do remember if you haven't got a medal since '66.

3 games this WC we have conceded and had no creativity upfront. Tunisia we gave away the penalty and played poor in the 2nd half trying to get the winner. Columbia we gave up in ET after conceding, and tonight we played crap after their equalizer. Its like when under any sort of pressure they dont know what to do. The gameplay works fine until they concede, then it goes tits up.

Southgate clearly doesnt like any of his subs either

In anticipation that this might happen, I wanted to post a lot of provocative ****. Especially after having a beers in the pub. But not going to do so. Have to be honest though, as said before, I think the England team is quite likeable, but the atmosphere surrounding this whole journey was very, very, very annoying. Croatia won fully deserved imo, hopefully the English players can get their heads together and go fully for the third place because that would be an achievement to be proud of. 

Congrats England, you've had a good tournament. Can understand if the disappointment is huge now. But this was a lot better than previous WC's  :applause:   

Think there's more to come from us over the next few years. The youth teams have done extremely well lately, there's still players like Ox and Lallana who definitely add something to us, Lewis Cook I'm excited about to see how he develops over the next two years (Leeds bias there though :D)

Hopefully this is the start of something great rather than the start of another miserable 28 years.

4 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Think there's more to come from us over the next few years. The youth teams have done extremely well lately, there's still players like Ox and Lallana who definitely add something to us, Lewis Cook I'm excited about to see how he develops over the next two years (Leeds bias there though :D)

Hopefully this is the start of something great rather than the start of another miserable 28 years.

Trouble is whatever form a player has for his club, doesnt always translate to international form

1 minute ago, Paul Bacon said:

Trouble is whatever form a player has for his club, doesnt always translate to international form

I know but I don't think that's relevant to my main point about the future potentially being bright tbh, or that Ox and Lallana would have likely played a part here had they been fit.

Archived