Should Suarez be banned from football?

jmr

Should he be banned from football?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Should he be banned from football?

Suarez is actually delusional isn't he? Does he actually somehow think that at one of the most well document sported events in history, the cameras managed to miss what he did? Guy has issues and needs to take a serious break and deal with them.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suarez is actually delusional isn't he? Does he actually somehow think that at one of the most well document sported events in history, the cameras managed to miss what he did? Guy has issues and needs to take a serious break and deal with them.

But he's really good at football so it's ok.

Kontermann stop trying to fish for nibbles.

If Suarez was banned for at least 12 months can Liverpool refuse to pay him? If not that will be a waste of wages. Or if his banned for say a year, can Suarez exercise a release of his contract? Meaning Liverpool get nothing?

Someone at work joked that they must have forgot to feed him pre-match. :D

I personally don 'to think its that bad, it's like a child, and within his character of win at all costs. But it should be a red card event. And don't agree with being banned for life, but he should be banned in the customary 3 games.

to be fair, if I take a ball into the local bar, kick it as hard as I can at a doorway, and then take off my shirt and run at the corner screaming - I'd be in all sorts of trouble too. But that stuff happens all the time in matches.

this is by far the stupidest post in a thread full of stupid posts. congrats.

Kontermann stop trying to fish for nibbles.

If Suarez was banned for at least 12 months can Liverpool refuse to pay him? If not that will be a waste of wages. Or if his banned for say a year, can Suarez exercise a release of his contract? Meaning Liverpool get nothing?

Liverpool would then release him, and we would sign him for free a few months after that.

Kontermann likes to see men biting each other in the box :D

Honestly though, I think banning him from the rest of the World Cup would be punishment enough. All these Uruguayan fans making jokes about his previous biting and bad boy reputation and he actually ends up letting them down by being sent home early.

Suarez is a mentalist, clearly his international manager and some of his team-mates are mentalists too. :thdn: He needs to get the book thrown at him, and I would support a 12 month ban from all football, but it won't happen. I bet he plays again in the tournament too.

Can FIFA use video footage to ban him for this?

I'm sure i read the other week that FIFA or UEFA have refused to bring in retrospective bans for incidents caught on TV, is this correct? ..........am i right in thinking its only the English FA that have brought It in.

Anyone here able to offer an insight into what the Uruguayan press/public make of this? It must be biter-sweet (sorry) - they have qualified from a tough group having lost their opening game yet not only have they lost their best forward but they've lost him in farcical circumstances.

Chielini shouldn't whine. If he a one match ban for every dive/injury fake during this WC alone he'd be out for the next 5 qualification matches.

That doesn't absolve Suarez of anything of course. I think this time they should hit him with a massive ban. Wonder if FIFA have the courage...

Can FIFA use video footage to ban him for this?

I'm sure i read the other week that FIFA or UEFA have refused to bring in retrospective bans for incidents caught on TV, is this correct? ..........am i right in thinking its only the English FA that have brought It in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torsten_Frings

Following Germany's penalty shootout victory over Argentina on 30 June 2006, Frings was fined and suspended by FIFA for two games (one of which is subject to a six-month probationary period) for his role in the brawl that broke out between the Argentine and German teams after the match.[13] After reviewing video footage of the brawl, FIFA's Disciplinary Committee determined that Frings had punched Argentine forward Julio Cruz and levelled punishment accordingly, even though Cruz himself had denied that Frings punched him; the second game of the suspension was made probationary due to the Committee's determination that Frings had been provoked into fighting. This suspension decision, announced by FIFA only the day before Germany's semi-final versus Italy on 4 July 2006, rendered Frings unavailable for the important match.

The controversy of the decision was also sparked by the fact that Frings' role in the brawl had been widely accentuated in the Italian media after FIFA had already announced it closed its investigations against German players. Frings answered to the accusations in an interview: "This is all politics. The Argentinians attack us, I defend myself and the Italians get worked up. With this suspension, FIFA just wanted to show that Germany doesn't get special treatment as the World Cup hosts."

The Italians back then sent the videos to FIFA. The actions were actually caught by an Italian TV. So yes, FIFA can ban a player retrospectively; or so is my understanding. Probably why DJ and kontermann hate Italians so much. :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torsten_Frings

The Italians back then sent the videos to FIFA. The actions were actually caught by an Italian TV. So yes, FIFA can ban a player retrospectively; or so is my understanding. Probably why DJ and kontermann hate Italians so much. :D

Well, in that respect I have to hate FIFA because they don't do it to Italians nearly enough if ever ^^ But this is another good reason to hate on them, yeah. Always whining and diving, then calling the authorites if things don't go their way. Oh well, right now I couldn't be bothered to hate on them much anymore. Ciao ragazze :)

The calls are coming because it's the third time now. How many times does he have to do it before he is perhaps banned for life? (Or atleast it is seriously considered). Five? Eight? Fifteen? What ban should he recieve for this third time if not a lifetime ban?

It's disguting and has no place in society - do it once down your local pub without the safety net of a football stadium and you'd be in all sorts of trouble.

Personally, I think he has a serious mental problem that he needs help with, and it'd be best if could seek the help he needs without being in the glare of professional football.

Just saw a short interview with him and he is as deluded as you would expect really. Total denial, and said he bumped into his shoulder, which happens in a crowded penalty box during set pieces. Ignoring that the ball was miles away and there were only two of them really, and of course that he BIT the guy - again.

He clearly has a mental problem of some sort or another. And getting away with horrendous tackles and bites isn't going to help solve it. He blames everybody but himself, and that will happen again, even if FIFA do the unexpected and punish him harshly. The way Liverpool dealt with that whole situation can't have helped at all, pampering him like that and blaming everybody but the perpetrator, but then again, he had already done similar things countless times in Ajax, so this was nothing new. And it will continue to happen unless he gets professional help and they somehow manage to help him out. But the most important thing right now is to get this vile scum out of the World Cup. There is no place for such behaviour on a football pitch, and if it had happened anywhere else in the public eye, he would be looking at very serious action against him.

What happened to Tyson now again? It's been so long now I don't recall, but he took a bite out of Holyfield's ear, which is the best comparison we have I guess. Except he only did it once, not three times ffs.

What happened to Tyson now again? It's been so long now I don't recall, but he took a bite out of Holyfield's ear, which is the best comparison we have I guess. Except he only did it once, not three times ffs.

Maybe he didn't like the taste and Suarez did?

Probably why DJ and kontermann hate Italians so much. :D

Man I dont hate italians at all. Been there quite a few times in my life and always enjoyed the country and the people. I just dont like playacting and that have I mostly seen from the italian (and spanish) players in the past. It is completely subjective and therefore no one has to share this opinion. And of course this absolutely aint personal :)

And of course theres still a lot of sour grapes from 2006 and 2012 :)

He is German, of course. (*sicherheitszwinker*)

*sicherheitszwinker* zurück :D

Anyone here able to offer an insight into what the Uruguayan press/public make of this? It must be biter-sweet (sorry) - they have qualified from a tough group having lost their opening game yet not only have they lost their best forward but they've lost him in farcical circumstances.

this is assuming fifa are actually going to do something about it. I wouldn't be shocked if they did nothing until after the world cup, if at all.

The man's an absolute mental case isn't he? Why on earth does he keep feeling the need to bite people? Ban him and send him to some kind of therapy he's clearly not all there.

Makes his crying and acting like the english were out to get him pretty hilarious too, just went and proved to the world this time why.

to be fair, if I take a ball into the local bar, kick it as hard as I can at a doorway, and then take off my shirt and run at the corner screaming - I'd be in all sorts of trouble too. But that stuff happens all the time in matches.
What on earth is this?

He isnt going to get a life time ban, its also a ridiculous call considering the various actions that havent got life time bans. He should however be getting something like a 15-20 based game ban based on a third offence. ( probably internationally).

FA could then unsuspended the remaining domestic games he has to serve.

this is by far the stupidest post in a thread full of stupid posts. congrats.

oh, get over it. Literally everything that happens in a World Cup match would get you in trouble in any other setting. Trying to say, "If he did it in a pub, he'd be in real trouble" is silly, because that applies to almost every single thing that happens in a match.

No one wants to ban Balotelli for life, even though if you hit someone with a flying knee to the back of the skull, you'd get in serious trouble too.

New trick revealed by Uruguay today according to Playstation Latin America's official twitter account: :D

Bq7YYOdIEAAdWQp.jpg:large

this is ridiculous! I just tried it (happened to play with Uruguay I saw this) and it IN FACT is working!!if you stand close to another player!! :D

(playing with Suarez in the Uruguay team that is)

What are people realistically expecting? Would be a good message to see him banned for a long while but can't see it. I think he will get a ban of around 12-15 games. And that would be fortunate.

I'm expecting him to get banned from the rest of the world cup, and that's it. Which would mean a one or two game ban which is a ****ing joke.

Archived