Should Suarez be banned from football?

jmr

Should he be banned from football?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Should he be banned from football?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chiellini never does such things.

:lol:

Chiellini was thinking to himself 'next time they'll catch me, better make sure I put pressure on the victims to forgive me'.

He's apologised for the collision which resulted in a bite. Very unfortunate. He's blaming this on the collision instead of saying, "I apologise for biting him".

That last bullet point promises no more "incidents". Which incidents? Collisions that end in a physical result, such as a bite? What about the non-collision physical results of him feeling peckish?

He should sack everyone who's advising him. Then he should apologise for biting Chiellini, because he did. On purpose. Then he should seek some help so that it doesn't happen again.

Oh, somewhere in there will be a transfer to Barca.

I'm gonna struggle a hell of a lot more to continue sympathizing with Barcelona if they hire this clown. Not sure how would a front trio of Messi-Neymar-Suárez work neither, even if it sounds like a great show in theory.

I imagine half the game will be Messi just standing there sighing while Suarez and Neymar dive and roll all over the place.

When is an apology not an apology ... when it's rubbish

You can tell someone carefully considered every single word in that release can't you. He doesn't admit it or apologise for the bite. It's like 'well, he ended up bitten' like he says I bite him, I say I fell ... let's agree a bite happened and it's a mystery

I like that Barcelona have waited less than a day to show that they were behind the apology. Their sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta says ""Suarez has shown he is humble enough to admit an error, which is very important" before going on to say what a great player he is.

I like that Barcelona have waited less than a day to show that they were behind the apology. Their sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta says ""Suarez has shown he is humble enough to admit an error, which is very important" before going on to say what a great player he is.

I hope John Henry sends them a message of "Pay up or **** off"

The seething and backtracking from Liverpool fans when/ if Suarez does leave to Barcelona will be at epic levels. :D
I'll be gutted to see him go, but there's reduced value on him being at the club if he's suspended for a huge chunk of every season, so if we got a great price and a great replacement in I'd be happy enough. Any replacement will inevitably be a lesser player, but if he doesn't have Suarez' baggage and suspensions then it might work out for the best in the long run.

I'll be gutted to see him go, but there's reduced value on him being at the club if he's suspended for a huge chunk of every season, so if we got a great price and a great replacement in I'd be happy enough. Any replacement will inevitably be a lesser player, but if he doesn't have Suarez' baggage and suspensions then it might work out for the best in the long run.

If there is any truth to the bonkers figures of 80 million, you will get a chance to rebuild Spurs-style, from a higher base, and perhaps more successfully (think Lamela will come good though). With CL football again, it's the right time, as there is no guarantee you'll stay in the CL without Suarez for two months. Reckon he would have kicked up a stink independent of what happened this WC, so if you can get Ronaldo-like money for him, Liverpool should grab it with both hands and a fat grin on their faces.

Rebuild Spurs style by wasting all the money :brock:

I hope Liverpool get top dollar for Suarez cause they're not getting anywhere that level of player as replacement. This will shape whether they'll be a feature back in the CL on a season to season basis really

If there is any truth to the bonkers figures of 80 million, you will get a chance to rebuild Spurs-style, from a higher base, and perhaps more successfully (think Lamela will come good though). With CL football again, it's the right time, as there is no guarantee you'll stay in the CL without Suarez for two months. Reckon he would have kicked up a stink independent of what happened this WC, so if you can get Ronaldo-like money for him, Liverpool should grab it with both hands and a fat grin on their faces.

I imagine the 80 million would be more realistic if he wasn't suspended. Barca are supposedly attempting to sign him for a 'cut-price' because of the circumstances.

Would happily take anything near 80 million for him though.

Archived