Should Suarez be banned from football?

jmr

Should he be banned from football?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Should he be banned from football?

I think that PoolFan is getting at is the selective quoting. People highlight the more mental side of fans and ignore the normal, rational ones and it is annoying - furthering the stereotype of LOLZ LIVERPOOL FANS ARE DUMB!!!11! When we're clearly like every other club out there that has rational fans and absolute clownshoes.

I'm interested in what group you think you belong?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a typo, wasn't it? R is right next to T. Then again, I guess it should have been 'for'!

Love the IT Crowd video though. :D Pedal stool & damp squid. :cool:

One slip-up I heard someone say in the past was 'nip it in the butt'! :D

Also once heard someone say, 'going off on a tandem'. :D

Both pretty hilarious!

"What a joke, 2 months less that Rio got for missing a drugs test. Shocking by FIFA."

"Are they ****ing serious?"

"Unfair. Totally unfair. Poor luis." :D :D

"Hey mods, can we start a thread to show our support to our Luis? No discussion on the incidence, the ban, but just show our support to our player?

I hope we meant what we say in our badge - I am writing to the club now to show my support and I hope others do the same.

He and his family needs it now." :D:D

Hl7Fo9a.jpg:D D

Oh dear....

Is this all from that "special" place, RAWK?

:D

BrNxC_oCUAA9U8N.jpg

Not admitting is one thing, but lying? And with THOSE reasons? There are friggin videos all over the stadium from different angles. That bite was never unintentional.

He's a loon and I can't believe I'm saying this, but Joey Barton is more tolerable than Suarez.

Well, Suarez is obviously not the brightest, but to think he and his entire pack of lawyers (people who lie for a living) sat round a table and that's the best they could come up with?

And to think in his own country they actually go with that explanation and regard him as a hero. It's just really really baffling.

He is their best player, so while absurd, it's also fairly normal. The football/sports mentality in South America, including Uruguay, is to win by any means and without him their chances aren't as big.

And talking about it, some of their fans will wear these masks today to protest against the ban:

suarez3.jpg

The reason for the massive ban is because kids watch, and copy. The behaviour

Since when does FIFA care about that?

Unless you are not being serious.

What does the Uruguayan fans/media think about this? Are they in support of him or totally ridiculing him?

Guardian podcast had some Uruguyan journo on that does stuff for them sometimes. She said they kind of accept Suarez had problems but think some of the media completely forget about the playing side of him and only focus on biting, racism, etc. They don't really seem to blame him though in a 'you ruined our World Cup' type way (like England would :D)

Sort of over looked the entire media giving him massive plaudits last season and also the fact you do report on biting people when players kind of bite people

She wasn't very convincing. What can they say really. I think they may not be where they are without him and they don't seem to blame him for anything and he's 'still a great player' etc

Photos tagged Luis Suárez on Twitter: :D

Sunday League Footy ‏@SundayChants · 52m

Luis Suarez right now.. pic.twitter.com/5zV286VcMP

BrP5IPsCEAASAyX.jpg

Bleacher Report UK ‏@br_uk · 1h

Reaction from Luis Suarez's house. #col #uru pic.twitter.com/dFWisEzypH

BrP1BoFCYAAdqr5.png

Paddy Power ‏@paddypower · 1h

Update from Luis Suarez' house.. pic.twitter.com/oeFJBm0DTP

BrP1v3iCIAAfSPh.jpg

That's embarrassing, it really is.

its the sort of excuse a little kid would make up when he got into a fight with his little brother and tried to get out of trouble with his parents :D

That's embarrassing, it really is.

Makes you wonder if they came down harder on him because of it. I think if he'd admitted it and said he had an issue, he'd have got a lot more sympathy, as people really do wonder if there is something wrong with. But to give a statement like that? Who the hell was advising him?!

Makes you wonder if they came down harder on him because of it. I think if he'd admitted it and said he had an issue, he'd have got a lot more sympathy, as people really do wonder if there is something wrong with. But to give a statement like that? Who the hell was advising him?!

The papers this morning are saying FIFA went with a strong ban purely because Suarez showed no remorse for the incident, and after reading his statement I can see why. I said at the time he needed to come out, hold his hands up and admit he made a mistake and he would look to solve the problem, but that statement is pathetic and shows absolutely no responsibility for his part in the incident. Whoever advised him to come out with that should be sacked, and if Uruguay do appeal then I hope FIFA extend his international ban from 9 games to something like 20 games for a ridiculous and frivolous appeal.

Archived