ANNOUNCEMENT: Steven Fraser (SFraser) - Has sadly died.

It is my sad duty to inform regular readers and contributors in the Tactics & Training Forum, that Steven John Fraser, known to everyone here as SFraser, tragically and suddenly died on Sunday July 3rd 2011, aged 27.

On behalf of the forum moderators and everyone at SI Games, we would like to express our sincerest condolences to Steven's family.

Steven was a prolific and valued contributor to our forums, often providing superb and detailed guides, which no doubt have helped countless forum members enjoy Football Manager as much as we all know he did.

The official family announcement can be found here - http://familyannouncements.ajl.co.uk/home/view/328939/fraser

On a more personal note, I would just like to say that I always enjoyed discussing tactics with Steven. We shared a love for Manchester United and often shared both similar conclusions, as well as conflicting ones, about the best ways to play as the Red Devils in Football Manager.

I often tried hard to get him to play a lower league save, but could never quite tear him away from his beloved Manchester United!

I will miss his great contributions and discussions, as I'm sure many others here will too.

RIP mate.

Heath

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much for your kind words about steven my brother was football mad and loved nothing better than a good debate....I miss my big bro more and more everyday but reading his posts and knowing how highly he was thought of is a great comfort to me and my family.

Thank you

Stacie xx

Thanks for all your inspiration and insightful threads on both FM and, more importantly, on football. You have made a huge impact to many people here on these forums and will be sorely missed. You always approached topics with wit, enthusiasm and cheek and this is sad news indeed.

My thoughts go out to Stacie and the rest of the family and friends.

Matt

Reports regarding my brothers death are very much NOT accurate......6 weeks have passed and we still know nothing,we cannot bury him yet :(

Iam taking great comfort in reading his posts however much i dont understand them!!

SFraser was my FM Guru and I learnt so much from his posts not least his approach to the game. I can't remember feeling so much sadness over somebody I have never even met or spoken to. Thank you for your contributions, you will be sadly missed.

Segullfan a.k.a Kevin Firth

• Administrators

On behalf of everyone at SI we're very saddened to hear this news. He was a very opinionated user who was always willing to engage in discussion with other users, especially over the tactical side of FM. He was clearly very passionate about Football and of course Football Manager and will be sorely missed. My condolences to his friends and family.

SFraser's posts in Tactics and Training always included an incredible amount of detail and showed the amount of careful thought he put into football and Football Manager. He dedicated time to helping others and made a name for himself in this part of the forum for explaining his thought processes when playing football manager, and producing guides for those who needed help.

In the (real life) Football Forum he seemed to enjoy debating with people who didn't share his view (including myself) as much as he did discussing things with those who did, and whilst this may have led to some debates getting heated, I don't once remember him lowering himself to the sorts of name-calling which internet debaters (let alone football ones) usually end up resorting to, which is something that even his greatest critics will commend him for.

He'll be greatly missed, and my thoughts are with you Stacie, and the rest of the family.

RIP SFraser.

Oh God! Only just seen this as I've not logged on enough over here recently.

Shocked to read about Steven's death at such a young age. My thoughts are with his family at this difficult time. Tragic, absolutely tragic. Always enjoyed reading his posts, and he was extremely knowledgeable and a mature individual.

Anthony

Sad to hear this. Through the years, SFrasier's post have helped me greatly in understanding the tactical part of the game.

I've always read his long, detailed and well throught through posts with great enthousiasm, sometimes printing them out in order to study them further in the train.

My condolences go out to his family and friends.

So, so sad. I enjoyed immensly reading his posts and topics, would be one of the first names I would look for when I logged into the Tactical forum as I knew it would be a quality post.

My deepest condolences to his friends and family.

Is there any kind of donation/collection for a charity or simlar being organised by anyone?

I was shocked when I heard of this a few days ago. I used to speak to him a lot on here and spent several hundreds hours discussing the game with him. He was one of the only people I actually got advice from and knocked ideas back and forth all night long. He always read my guides and gave me his personal opinons before I posted them. Without a doubt he was the best poster in this forum by miles. I will miss him, RIP mate.

My sincerest condolences to Steven's family.

I don't think I've ever been fortunate enough to discuss the beautiful game with someone as passionate as Steven.

Rest in Peace Sir.

Daniel

Horrible news, my thoughts are with his family.

He knew his stuff when it came to FM, he knew the way FM worked much better than most the SI lot!

Will be greatly missed on the forums.

I literally came to the forum today to see if there were any new threads from SFraser. Stacie, I am so sorry for the loss of your brother and I hope your family has some resolution. I have no idea what happened, but I hope you guys can find comfort and peace.

Archived