FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

Also - I've noticed the 'Match Preparation' screen is greyed out and states 'Unavailable'. I've converted a save from FM 23 so wanted to check if it's a compatibility issue or something I'm missing to enable it. Thanks! 

edit; sorry ignore this, realised it becomes available when prompted just before the fixture. 

Edited by dannyfc

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Early days, but this match engine might just be the best one ever. Top effort. 

The best thing about it is that decisions appear far more dynamic and less predictable than the patterns that played out again and again over the past years.

2 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

The best thing about it is that decisions appear far more dynamic and less predictable than the patterns that played out again and again over the past years.

It also looks a lot better. They've done a good job with the lighting. 

26 minutes ago, BJG123 said:

Are there any leagues where you can get a start date in June 2023?  Want to undo all these transfers but don't want to go back to before the end of last season! 

There are a bunch of them. Just load the European nations and look at the start dates for early season starts. At quick glance, I saw Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, and several others with start dates in mid to late June.

20 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Attacking Movement and Defensive Positioning are gone from the training sessions. have these been merged into 'Match Focus'?

Yes match focus is a single session in which you in close advance of the game is asked to choose your focus. It eliminates the ability to focus on all aspects through individual scheduled sessions

1 hour ago, Jack Joyce said:

Set pieces are now independent from your tactics. So, for example, you could have 3 tactics on the go and you now only need one set of set piece routines to cover them.

This makes the throw-in takers a bit tricky.. since although you have one IWB in your current tactic, there's no guarantee your other tactics will. 

But maybe we could factor in the IWB role into the AI selection for who's most suitable to take a throw - please do start a bug thread for it with some examples.

Hope you're enjoying the new set piece system otherwise!

Thanks, I've uploaded my save/pkm/rec here. I haven't explored the full potential of the new set piece creator yet but I'm liking it so far! 

36 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I've already told you how to get round this. The concept of the Your World feature is that the transfers are up to date as of the start date in your game. Then you recreate history. 

Less of the attitude, thanks.

This doesn't work - I've tried it. Players who's contracts are meant to expire on 1st July have contract extensions. Messi has an extra year with PSG, Skrianer ends up contracted to Inter until 2028 etc. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

We'll keep a close eye on it, but it's a very difficult balance since we cover so many leagues.

But its also worth bearing in mind there's more 'football' happening in a lot of leagues now with the new injury time rules to reduce timewasting.

That's very true. That's probably why in the Championship in real life it's shot up to 2.83

1 hour ago, robot_skeleton said:

Could you set up a custom graphics folder location? For me I cannot choose a different location other than the default on my c drive. I can only choose the save file location 🫤

You can have a different "Location" in the preferences... and all data is moved/saved there, including "graphics" folder.
I've set up another separate folder with all my graphics - faces, kits, logos etc. and instead of moving this folder with every installment I've created a symbolic link for the "graphics" folder to point to this separate folder.

1 minute ago, rdbayly said:

How is the ME looking for lower league management? I've only tested my converted FM23 save so far which is a top flight club in 2031.

I personally like the fact that they don't boot the ball up even when they're not under pressure but they seem to make a lot of mistakes like under hitting passes, poor first touch etc.

The ball over the top that catches your defenders out is gone too

7 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

How is the ME looking for lower league management? I've only tested my converted FM23 save so far which is a top flight club in 2031.

I've been very impressed with the ME so far. I'm managing in the Swedish lower leagues. Set up in a very anti-football way :D 

I've been delighted seeing the swift counter attacks from my team. Early days, but I'm quite optimistic about things, especially as I'm doing okay using tactics that aren't the easiest to get results with. 

17 minutes ago, BJG123 said:

Less of the attitude, thanks.

This doesn't work - I've tried it. Players who's contracts are meant to expire on 1st July have contract extensions. Messi has an extra year with PSG, Skrianer ends up contracted to Inter until 2028 etc. 

Well, I guess that's the trade off for still having the right players at your club. The feature was designed a certain way, and it works as expected. Fire in a request in the feature request thread if you want to see it done another way. 

About player target  for outgoing loan players:

The set loan target  option is very missable for such players, if you select the parting comment option it dissapears( makes sense but still) and if you by mistake sim forward it dissapears.

If i missed it please correct me, but we should be given a few days time window where we can have the target chat with our outgoing player.

Is there no way to change how many recovery defenders you have on set pieces? I want to take control of the set pieces but am finding it impossible to have just 1 recovery defender, it always gives me 3 with 2 of those being on "stay back" instruction

1 hour ago, Obamayang said:

I'm not jumping to any conclusions because I haven't looked at the match engine much yet, but just saying the stats look like it does in FM22, and doesn't look like the stats from FM23 when it comes to pass completion %. And yes it was from simming whole season in holiday on full detail

Before I buy this game I want to know if AI squad building is fixed. Can you please give us some feedback on that?

2 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

Is there no way to change how many recovery defenders you have on set pieces? I want to take control of the set pieces but am finding it impossible to have just 1 recovery defender, it always gives me 3 with 2 of those being on "stay back" instruction

Works fine.

image.png.8a8a0d358d1b8d1fa1f40491cd56b3bf.png

Just click on the 6 dots and drag it to where you want it.

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, XaW said:

Works fine.

image.png.8a8a0d358d1b8d1fa1f40491cd56b3bf.png

Just click on the 6 dots and drag it to where you want it.

Worth bearing in mind that just having 1 recovery defender is not recommended, since if you go against a team that leaves 2 players forward you'll have a 2v1 situation in their favour on the counter. Be careful!

53 минуты назад, Jack Joyce сказал:

We'll keep a close eye on it, but it's a very difficult balance since we cover so many leagues.

But its also worth bearing in mind there's more 'football' happening in a lot of leagues now with the new injury time rules to reduce timewasting.

Hi Jack, congratulations on the release!
Question - take into account preparation to new engine in next FM, will there be differences in the FM24 roadmap? I mean the traditional ME updates 24.2 in December and 23.3 in March? Or will the updates be minimal?

I'm currently downloading the game. 

My only gripes about past editions of FM were mainly about the lack of central play, and the drastic decrease of difficulty after 10+ in-game years, when AI-controlled teams begin to have weaker, non-competitive rosters. 

But from what I've seen and what I've read in the list of new features, it seems that both problems have been addressed, and I can't wait to find out how. 

I haven't been this excited about a new FM in years!!!

Edited by Muja
changed one word

3 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Worth bearing in mind that just having 1 recovery defender is not recommended, since if you go against a team that leaves 2 players forward you'll have a 2v1 situation in their favour on the counter. Be careful!

Yeah, that's not my setup, just a screenshot to show it's possible. I'd venture to have a few more with "stay back if needed"! :D 

Just opened the game for the first time. First negative. Manager customisation is still unnecessarily complicated for doing simple things. It so obtuse for something which really doesn't even matter. I need a degree to figure out how to add and remove rings (hint: perhaps a single button to both add and remove the item would be a major improvement here). This is the same as last season (although it was worse across the board before and seems marginally improved for some things and not for others).

On a positive note though, there is a remove all accessories button, which is probably what everybody is going to use. I would suggest that this should be the default though.

I am confused by "Ability Aids" being a separate section. My guess is that it's insensitive to consider it an accessory, but I also find the wording a bit peculiar given I have close family members who probably wouldn't consider their deafness an ability. I understand this is splitting hairs at this point though. I did a google search for "ability aids" and it doesn't even seem like a particularly common term. Just very weird.

Lapel badges are a nice touch. Immediately added the Kick it Out badge. All this stuff is rather irrelevant anyways. Graphics are what we expect from last game before the engine change.

1 minuto fa, Dagenham_Dave ha scritto:

You obviously missed FM23 then, central play was massively OP, but nobody complained about that because it looked nice. 

Yep, I admit I did. 
I've been playing FM mobile in the past two years. 
Seems like I missed an edition I would have liked very much! Lol

18 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

a risk i am willing to experiment with in these early stages, 2 on the edge of the box though to hopefully stop the transition before it reaches my recovery defender