FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Nice to see you beat out Kyle.

I Have a "Odd" Beta section when I right Click the game and got to "Properties" on Steam, where it asks if I want to opt into in a Beta (Where "None" is the only Option) , or a Private code. Is this Normal? My copy Isn't downloading yet...

Edited by KillYourIdols

Just now, KillYourIdols said:

I Have a "Odd" Beta section when I right Click the game and got to "Properties" on Steam, where it asks if I want to take part in a Beta, or a Private code. Is this Normal? My copy Isn't downloading yet...

Any game would have that section, I'd try restarting steam and checking if the key you got includes beta 

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, KillYourIdols said:

I Have a "Odd" Beta section when I right Click the game and got to "Properties" on Steam, where it asks if I want to take part in a Beta, or a Private code. Is this Normal? My copy Isn't downloading yet...

I would give it a minute, then restart Steam.

You won't find it there because it's not a beta but a regular game with early access.

• Administrators

I Have a "Odd" Beta section when I right Click the game and got to "Properties" on Steam, where it asks if I want to opt into in a Beta (Where "None" is the only Option) , or a Private code. Is this Normal? My copy Isn't downloading yet...

It's Early Access, not a beta :brock:

The Beta opt-ins are specifically for betas, usually private builds of games on Steam.

Yeah, it's not that kind of beta. Try fully exiting steam and opening it up again. It usually needs that little reset to recognise new stuff is available. After that it will be available to download/play like any regular game, not messing in properties needed.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's Early Access, not a beta :brock:

The Beta opt-ins are specifically for betas, usually private builds of games on Steam.

Sure it wasnt there yesterday, Thats all. Wondered if @kevhamster was to blame for this

I've been in and out of Steam several times, no Joy. Happy to wait, but didnt know if I was missing something with a "Early Access" :ackter:

Edited by KillYourIdols

Can anyone check if you try to port over a save from FM23 where you're in a league that is not playable in FM24 base game what happens? Just curious.

I don't have the beta yet before asking :D.

2 minutes ago, marioNOW said:

Can anyone check if you try to port over a save from FM23 where you're in a league that is not playable in FM24 base game what happens? Just curious.

I don't have the beta yet before asking :D.

It works just fine. All the leagues are there. Not sure what happens though if you remove the country and try to add it back.

Just now, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

It works just fine. All the leagues are there. Not sure what happens though if you remove the country and try to add it back.

That should work fine too, just like it would in FM23 even if you'd deleted the editor data file. They're loaded into a save at game creation and kept there permanently, they don't rely on the original file at all.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, wazup said:

why does it say "This is a Beta version" in the bottom left corner?

Because it's not the final version you're playing. Has been there since we've done Early Access versions. 0That will be removed on day 0 - the actual release day.

6 minutes ago, Dennis_Ajax said:

Wont start up for Mac M2 ultra. Just getting a black screen 

Check whether Steam has full disk access in your security settings or if there's an error under the "Security" section. If it's still not working then head over to the link below and someone should be able to help you:

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/crash-technical-and-performance-issues/

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Because it's not the final version you're playing. Has been there since we've done Early Access versions. 0That will be removed on day 0 - the actual release day.

Wouldn't it make more sense to say "This is an early access version", if this is now Early Access and Not A Beta? ;)

In game the description for Your World mode says that squads will be accurate as of the start of the 23/24 season. I thought this mode was meant to be the one that disregarded Summer '23 and let us take the reigns of that window. Am I misunderstanding the description or have I misunderstood what this mode was meant to be?

1 minute ago, kamackeris said:

Ffs... Just bought fm on cdkeys early access... Go to activate code and it says not available till 23rd! Requested a blooming refund! 

Refresh the page a bit and click get key again and you should get one

• Administrators
1 minute ago, CLS said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to say "This is an early access version", if this is now Early Access and Not A Beta? ;)

I see what you're saying there.... :sega:

I was really excited about being able to play without summer transfers being in the game at the start of the season, but somehow I'm still lumped with Havertz at Arsenal, which has kinda ruined it. Would be much better if this feature started with same squads as last season and people who's contracts expired available for free.

Just now, BJG123 said:

I was really excited about being able to play without summer transfers being in the game at the start of the season, but somehow I'm still lumped with Havertz at Arsenal, which has kinda ruined it. Would be much better if this feature started with same squads as last season and people who's contracts expired available for free.

Completely agree I thought thats what this mode was meant to be

2 minutes ago, BJG123 said:

You would need to select the "your world" option at the start for that I believe

edit: Nope he transferred before the cut off, my bad,

Edited by craiigman