FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

5 hours ago, Sport Lacost said:

Does anybody know who the Danish researcher is? Need to speak to him about something to do with FM24 but can't seem to find who it is.

Not sure if you had a response yet as I'm only on page 1 but I believe it is @Girafi

edit - I see you found him

Edited by Brother Ben

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks better and I'm sure it is better but I'm already starting to see the usual issues, lower ratings for BPD, DM and any attacking CM, the perfect tackle/slide tackle turning into the perfect through ball and a corner highlight every other highlight. Winger with cut inside looks great so far it actual cuts inside Luis Diaz is my top scorer while Salah can only score from the penalty spot. slight issue with the tablet at the bottom of the match when someone gets sent off changing another player to that same position shows up as their previous position still.

Hate to be that guy but (eheh)..... The japanese staff from J-league all have fake names. It would be nice to know in advance, if possible, if its a license issue that be can easily be fixed by file editing or are we going to have to rename all the staff from japanese clubs?! Kind of a pertinent issue.

So I just got home and loaded up my Chelsea save from FM23. Haven't gotten far but the fluidity looks good. So do most of the set piece stuff EXCEPT...

Why is my left back taking throw-ins from the middle third on the right side of the pitch? And is there a way to change my takers for each side? It's a little odd to have Gvardiol trot all the way to the right to take a basic retain possession throw in...

P.S. I have been known to be blind so forgive me if I missed the button for changing this

Have only played a couple of games but one big improvement for me is players realising they are offside and stepping back on, hopefully this will reduce the amount of silly offsides.

Also I could be wrong but dinked finishes over the keeper are new?

And keepers getting hands to the ball and it not being enough.

And dodgy passbacks seem more realistic, not like before when it felt that the game decided upon it therefore goal, hard to describe this one but ok same outcome but looks more akin to when it happens irl.

Also as someone playing on a work laptop- like how low setting graphics look better, less blocky with some AA and the ME runs very smooth.

12 minutes ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

I'm probably older than you and have no difficulty understanding that people want to be able to identify as who they are in a game they're playing. Isn't really that complicated, and the inclusion of female managers, hearing aids and eye patches suggest that SI understand it, too.

I don't think this conversation will end well. I think adding intergender as a third option is fine, but SI moved away from gendered terminology and pronouns for precisely this reason I think in most of where they're used in the game.

SI have always seemed quite progressive in most of the stuff they've done. Gender or sex doesn't have any impact on you in game. Playing video games and simulations are an escape after all, since most people playing this game aren't football managers.

1 minute ago, HighFlyingDwarf said:

I don't think this conversation will end well. I think adding intergender as a third option is fine, but SI moved away from gendered terminology and pronouns for precisely this reason I think in most of where they're used in the game.

SI have always seemed quite progressive in most of the stuff they've done. Gender or sex doesn't have any impact on you in game. Playing video games and simulations are an escape after all, since most people playing this game aren't football managers.

That's fine. Not looking for a debate. Just leaving my feedback in the feedback thread. Peace.

3 hours ago, rich10 said:

I'm on the Steam Deck and when I try to upload my FM23 save game into FM24 it doesn't recognise any FM23 folders.

Do I need to look in a specific place? Or is this a known bug?

I saved mines on my pc to the cloud and then loaded it up on steam deck. I don’t know if it’s a bug or not but it’s a headache at the moment. 

Just now, Gavlar12341 said:

I pre ordered the game on the 9th of october on steam and for some reason the Beta is not appearing to download even tho i pre ordered the game. Does anyone know how to sort this issue out as i really want to play the game.

Try fully closing and reopening Steam + restarting your computer.

1 minute ago, Phil930 said:

This happens every year to me, but can anyone remind me how you import an existing profile/avatar?  Last few times I've just copied in my character from previous games

I just rename my Football Manager 23 folder to 24

Everything I've saved before is just there then

6 minutes ago, BJG123 said:

No Mason Greenwood?  Appreciate he's an absolute POS but Ruben Semedo is still in the game

Seen a post on Reddit this morning saying he's in the game with the personality type "Jovial" maybe it was mischief?

I am yet to download the Beta.......proving to myself that I am in charge and not the game! :lol:

Edited by janrzm

20 minutes ago, Kickballz said:

Really?. It shouldn't matter that he is a POS. All professional players should be in the game.

25 minutes ago, janrzm said:

Seen a post on Reddit this morning saying he's in the game with the personality type "Jovial" maybe it was mischief?

I am yet to download the Beta.......proving to myself that I am in charge and not the game! :lol:

Looks like he's there in standard mode, but he's not if you choose 'your world' - i.e., with latest transfers he's at Getafe on loan but if you don't apply latest transfers he disappears entirely like FM23.

The match engine is a big improvement in the 11 games i've played so far. Teams get into defensive shape really nicely, there's nice attacking runs and the ball physics are great. However, the amount of corners is absurdly high. I'm getting 15-25 in games routinely and it's making them quite boring to watch. 

The same issue as last year is also still present where the AI will often score their first and only shot on goal an unusually high percentage of the time. In 6 of the 10 games this has happened to me, and it's happened to the people in the same network save 4,4,5 and 6 times, and we've had the AI score with their first two shots on 4 separate occasions. This is beyond frustrating because watching the goals there never seems to be any reason for them aside from the engine deciding that you can't have a clean sheet. 

But overall, brilliant update so far. Some tweaks will make this really great. 

start my first game with Crystal palace... 2 weeks into pre season i get an offer for Marc Guehi my star defender and honestly my best player.. A loan offer from West Ham, with a clause to make it permanent for 14m... His guide value is 48m ffs!!! i pray its not gonna be another year of totally underwhelming offers for my players. But honestly other then this, game looks great so far 

8 hours ago, theinfamousmielie said:

Can anyone confirm if this is still an issue in the game (specifically, the staff numbers thing, but the surprise "going professional" question remains relevant too although I'd be surprised if anyone has quite had enough playtime to experience this just yet)

I'm really not keen on purchasing this year if this is still an ongoing issue. :(

Giving this question a bump as I'd also like to know this.

11 hours ago, rusty217 said:

The 24-25 and beyond Asian Champions League is the wrong format. Really disappointed with that.

Hope it's fixed for the full release.

The Australian qualification places also seem wrong upon game start. Maybe the competition has just been overlooked for the beta?

I'll check more/bug report when I get time later

Edit: 2 out of 3 of the Australian teams are wrong, Japan has stolen an Indonesian spot and a lot of nations are qualified for ACC when unlicensed in real life. Looks like it's slipped under the radar!

Edited by Cal585

1 hour ago, Coalescence2121 said:

The same issue as last year is also still present where the AI will often score their first and only shot on goal an unusually high percentage of the time. In 6 of the 10 games this has happened to me, and it's happened to the people in the same network save 4,4,5 and 6 times, and we've had the AI score with their first two shots on 4 separate occasions. This is beyond frustrating because watching the goals there never seems to be any reason for them aside from the engine deciding that you can't have a clean sheet. 

Just to offer a contrasting point of view on that one, I've only actually conceded in 2 of my games and I'm winning 2 or 3 nil pretty consistently. Games vary in how many shots the AI get - I've had some with a few and one with lots. There's never been anything mysterious about the goals I have let in, each one has been because there's an opportunity to score (I haven't let in anything flukey at all yet).