SF2: France vs Morocco, 7PM GMT, Al Bayt Stadium

Darius1998

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

And this is exactly why rules are horrible.

You can't just wipe someone out because you got a slight touch on the ball. Theo doesn't have control, he touched the ball and lost his balance.

As I said, I personally agree. And for me it was a foul against the goalkeeper yesterday. He was standing still (unlike Morrocan player here even) and Alvarez ran into him. Yet, somehow it is deemed that the player, who stayed still and was hit is considered to be fouling.

That's awful application of the rules and yet another example of how football is behind many other sports. 

Still, it could never be a penalty today there. That's not how they apply the rules in football.

3 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

And this is exactly why rules are horrible.

You can't just wipe someone out because you got a slight touch on the ball. Theo doesn't have control, he touched the ball and lost his balance.

Especially pens. Entirely convinced eliminating pens, as we know them, would be the single best change that could be made to the rules.

A yellow on Boufal is wrong, but there's no way that should be a pen either. In a sport where goals are hard to come by, ticky-tack fouls anywhere in the box, regardless of situation, resulting in a 75-80% of a goal is just crazy. 

7 minutes ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

No one can convince me France are playing well here.

Nah, their midfield is a problem. Losing Rabiot is about the last thing they needed. Surprised Deschamps prefers Fofana to Camavinga. 

Edited by XuluBak

https://streamable.com/uv1zro

Am I crazy or Boufal maybe got a touch on the ball there just before taken out?

Even if it's not a penalty, how can someone who's standing still foul a guy dangerously smashing into his legs.

If Boufal got injured, which would've happened if he didn't move his right leg away, the decision would be overturned just because it's an injury.

Looking forward to Sunday.

"It's the Final. How do you think Gareth would have prepared the boys for this occasion?"

And I'll be disappointed if they don't start the build-up to England's opening game at Euro 2024. There's only around 550 days to go. :mad: