*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Welshace said:

If it isnt listed, you prob\bly have filters on your search (like show installed only)  or are looking in a particular catagory like 'favourites' or something.

It appeared, randomly, after installing the game then restarting Steam :thup:

29 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Has anyone managing in Scotland had any issues moving players to youth teams? It seems I have an U18 team, I can make players available to play for them, but I can't move players up and down between the squads. It means everyone is just dumped into my first team, including players who are 15/16 and a mile away from playing any part for the senior team at this stage

image.thumb.png.156b1277d52f8aaea210246157217ba8.pngimage.thumb.png.a9cb52238d4c5a9398fc36adfaa37a1e.png

I have already raised this as a bug report and it is under review

Hello, I'm a little dissatisfied. Now I don't know why the issues raised are fixed "after" the release instead of at the release. But that's a bit problematic, it has a negative effect on customers. The only problem I have is that players are injured for long periods of time for no apparent reason (without even mentioning it in the medical report). But because of this mistake, some teams are unplayable, at least that's my opinion. But I trust SI that they can still pull it all off :)

11 minutes ago, latrell said:

i can not find the pre game editor either ? when you say restart steam do you just mean exit it and open it again.

Complete restart of Steam worked for me. Make sure you right click it in your tray and select "Exit", as closing it with the [x] often just minimize it. If you are unsure, restart your computer. It will show up then.

30 minutes ago, FrazT said:

@Ferocious289  There is an post from SI on the first page that gives you some details about the ME.

Yeah I can see. That's why I said I'd rather they implemented the new 200 pass defenders M.E which they said they were impressed with baring the pass complettion, than keep it the same with defenders standing around like zombies unable to deal with long  balls.

And yes I know the goalie animations have been changed as well but there is nothing changed on the defenders compentency,

8 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

Making changes to the match engine is a delicate and complex business. Changes that we make often result in unforeseen knock-ons that we need to chase down and fix... and those fixes then often have their own knock-on effects as well. In a recent internal update we had an engine that ‘felt’ really good and played really nicely… except that central defenders were racking up 200+ passes in some matches, which is unrealistically high. As soon as we discovered that we had to 'go back in' to address that issue without, of course, losing the parts we liked.

Really appreciate the update.

I have a couple of worries.

defenders were racking up 200+ passes in some matches - I really hope the fix for the long ball issue wasn't simply to eradicate long balls. The fix should be focused around the opposition defenders dealing with that ball.

My other concern was reading this the first time it suggested to be an update was being looked as asap. Potentially next week or two. Upon reading again and this thread it suggests it's more likely to be lumped into the December major update.

That then carries its own risks of bugs escaping internal QA not being spotted by the community until December with their own potentially serious knock ons. I really do hope that SI are going down a route of when they feel it's ready internally to release it as its own update to allow the community to play and test rather than it being ready, sitting there, and just being delayed and dumped into the winter update.

The thing that's frustrating about no ME changes is that I really don't like ME changes in the middle of a save. It can feel like a completely new game, which spoils the immersion levels. So I'm now stuck as I don't know when the "major" ME change is coming. Is it a week or will it be around Xmas. 

8 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

With the full version of FM23 now available, we thought it might be helpful if we gave you a quick update on our short-term plans for the match engine.

While the current match engine is the same one that featured in the Early Access Beta, this doesn't mean that we’re not working on improvements. In fact, we're currently in the process of taking on board the feedback we received from Beta players and looking to incorporate this in a forthcoming major update. We have however, included some animation tweaks with the aim of improving immersion, which as an example, means you'll be less likely to see keepers making odd looking saves with their feet. 

Making changes to the match engine is a delicate and complex business. Changes that we make often result in unforeseen knock-ons that we need to chase down and fix... and those fixes then often have their own knock-on effects as well. In a recent internal update we had an engine that ‘felt’ really good and played really nicely… except that central defenders were racking up 200+ passes in some matches, which is unrealistically high. As soon as we discovered that we had to 'go back in' to address that issue without, of course, losing the parts we liked.

Although we're happy with the engine in the current game, we’re confident that we can improve on it with the right update, but we need a bit more time to make sure we balance things out. Thanks for all of your feedback so far, it’s been and continues to be incredibly useful.

The Match Team

The hours some people probably spent logging and testing for you was fruitful then, shambles!

2 minutes ago, limey150781 said:

The thing that's frustrating about no ME changes is that I really don't like ME changes in the middle of a save. It can feel like a completely new game, which spoils the immersion levels. So I'm now stuck as I don't know when the "major" ME change is coming. Is it a week or will it be around Xmas. 

Before christmas.

1 hour ago, steviemay17 said:

Has anyone managing in Scotland had any issues moving players to youth teams? It seems I have an U18 team, I can make players available to play for them, but I can't move players up and down between the squads. It means everyone is just dumped into my first team, including players who are 15/16 and a mile away from playing any part for the senior team at this stage

image.thumb.png.156b1277d52f8aaea210246157217ba8.pngimage.thumb.png.a9cb52238d4c5a9398fc36adfaa37a1e.png

Yes, I’ve been having the exact same issues as this. I’m managing East Kilbride after they got promoted from the non-playable leagues. So I thought it might have something to do with that. But I see you are playing as St Johnstone who are in the SPL. Very strange bug. 

2 minutos atrás, Ferocious289 disse:

Yeah I can see. That's why I said I'd rather they implemented the new 200 pass defenders M.E which they said they were impressed with baring the pass complettion, than keep it the same with defenders standing around like zombies unable to deal with long  balls.

And yes I know the goalie animations have been changed as well but there is nothing changed on the defenders compentency,

Kind of disappointed, dont get me wrong this game is pretty good, but:

When constantly the AI gets 2 goals out of 2 chances (an impressive amount of times) and you need 4 or 5 chances to make a goal is very enfuriating. In BETA i had so many games where my players (Man City) missed CCC´s in huge amounts, just to see the AI make epic comebacks with a couple of chances. Thats just no real... i dont mean i have to deliver 6 nil trashings every match, but i dont see how i must play Man City on a Very Defensive mentality away at Fulham...

21 minutes ago, XaW said:

Complete restart of Steam worked for me. Make sure you right click it in your tray and select "Exit", as closing it with the [x] often just minimize it. If you are unsure, restart your computer. It will show up then.

cheers found it :thup:

3 minutes ago, jborges said:

When constantly the AI gets 2 goals out of 2 chances (an impressive amount of times) and you need 4 or 5 chances to make a goal is very enfuriating. In BETA i had so many games where my players (Man City) missed CCC´s in huge amounts, just to see the AI make epic comebacks with a couple of chances. Thats just no real... i dont mean i have to deliver 6 nil trashings every match, but i dont see how i must play Man City on a Very Defensive mentality away at Fulham...

Yep ai attack and defence is solid but your own team needs 2 dozen worth of chances to score, while the ai team need just their first attempt. Though to be honest I'm not really concerned to much about X.G as this was an issue in fm22, but the basic defensive errors which happen nearly every game where tall defenders are missing bread and butter long balls over the top, or standing still until an attacker takes the ball away from them, should have been terminated during the beta stage.

I didn't expect a brand new M.E or big changes for release, I expected glaring issues which have been reported by users from day 1 of the beta, which make it unrealistic to be fixed but hey the goalies look cool while they save your 30th shot on goal. The beta may well have just been called full release

2 minutos atrás, Ferocious289 disse:

Yep ai attack and defence is solid but your own team needs 2 dozen worth of chances to score, while the ai team need just their first attempt. Though to be honest I'm not really concerned to much about X.G as this was an issue in fm22, but the basic defensive errors which happen nearly every game where tall defenders are missing bread and butter long balls over the top, or standing still until an attacker takes the ball away from them, should have been terminated during the beta stage.

I didn't expect a brand new M.E or big changes for release, I expected glaring issues which have been reported by users from day 1 of the beta, which make it unrealistic to be fixed but hey the goalies look cool while they save your 30th shot on goal. The beta may well have just been called full release

Its the last time ill pre-order... there is no point.

13 minutes ago, angelo994 said:

Yes, I’ve been having the exact same issues as this. I’m managing East Kilbride after they got promoted from the non-playable leagues. So I thought it might have something to do with that. But I see you are playing as St Johnstone who are in the SPL. Very strange bug. 

I don't know if it's relevant, but I was just in the editor putting Loch Ness into League Two, and I noticed two ticks for NOT activating U20 and U18 leagues. Didn't look to see if that also applied to higher up clubs, but it might be worth a wee gander.

8 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

The version has been updated since the Early Access, but before you ask, there isn't a change list. If you want to keep an eye on a specific issue and whether it's been addressed, check out the status of it via our Bug Tracker which we'll be looking to update over the next couple of days.

I'm going to ask anyway: Why is there not a change list?

I don't want to keep track of a specific issue and check its status. I'd like to know what changes have been made to the game from Beta to Full Release please

2 minutes ago, BrightLad5 said:

I'm going to ask anyway: Why is there not a change list?

I don't want to keep track of a specific issue and check its status. I'd like to know what changes have been made to the game from Beta to Full Release please

This is not an update where a changelist is provided- this is the release of the game- there will be changelists with future updates when they are released.

8 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I don't know if it's relevant, but I was just in the editor putting Loch Ness into League Two, and I noticed two ticks for NOT activating U20 and U18 leagues. Didn't look to see if that also applied to higher up clubs, but it might be worth a wee gander.

Well this definitely sounds like the issue. I don't play/use the editors & I specifically tick the box to prevent the use of the in game editor for my save. So I'm just worried that this will be an issue that won't be solved until we a we get a proper update. 

Well done gents on another release day!

A little bit disappointed at the lack of changes to the ME for release, but I can understand not rushing it and getting it right.

A simple change list/post between beta and full release would be fantastic. Transparency and/or solid communication go a long way in maintaining a healthy relationship between devs and players.

1 minute ago, angelo994 said:

Well this definitely sounds like the issue. I don't play/use the editors & I specifically tick the box to prevent the use of the in game editor for my save. So I'm just worried that this will be an issue that won't be solved until we a we get a proper update. 

No, it's the pregame editor I was referring to.

1 minute ago, BrightLad5 said:

This isnt common practice of most games was my only confusion? Most games do provide Beta changelists/patch notes when they move to full release. Just wondered what the reason was for this not being provided? It seems unnecessarily secretive almost :lol: There must be a list somewhere, just thought it would be helpful to the audience to be typed up in user friendly language and published

This is Si's common practice and whilst I dont necessarily disagree with you, this is how they have done it for several years now.

15 minutes ago, jborges said:

If you know you're vulnerable toward the end of a match, it's probably best to tighten up a little.

It's the same ME for human and AI managers. 4-5 shots per goal is fantastic. The average conversion rate for teams would be around 9-13%, so roughly a goal for every 10th shot.

5 minutes ago, Ferocious289 said:

It's the same ME for both human and AI. If they're better at scoring than you are, you can make changes to combat this.

In both FM22 and FM23, I am able to get a conversion rate of about 12%, which is better than most of the teams in the league. This is from a throwaway save that I had during beta:

a10371bb8939c88ba1a2779c46e2111b.png

2 minutes ago, FrazT said:

This is Si's common practice and whilst I dont necessarily disagree with you, this is how they have done it for several years now.

Appreciate the response. I do wish that SI would act like other game dev's sometimes :lol:

Just now, BuzzR said:

With all due respect this isn't a good explanation, because generally speaking a changelist is the list of differences between 2 versions of a piece of software .

It doesn't matter if one version is labeled Beta and one is labeled Release.

It does to them.

3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

You did - and I did too for the last few weeks. Turns out you have two ears - and two hands. You have to remove the bling from both of them!

I haven't worked out how to remove it yet and the dam ring

9 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

If you know you're vulnerable toward the end of a match, it's probably best to tighten up a little.

It's the same ME for human and AI managers. 4-5 shots per goal is fantastic. The average conversion rate for teams would be around 9-13%, so roughly a goal for every 10th shot.

It's the same ME for both human and AI. If they're better at scoring than you are, you can make changes to combat this.

In both FM22 and FM23, I am able to get a conversion rate of about 12%, which is better than most of the teams in the league. This is from a throwaway save that I had during beta:

Yeah, i also usually outperform my XG (in 22 and now the Beta) to the point i keep waiting for it to go towards the mean. I think it definitely helps to go for quality over quantity (work ball into box, tell players with weak shooting stats to shoot less, cross less and/or low when you don't have good heading players) and in general have players that are well suited to actually scoring and/or making the right decision. 

Edited by Marinho

3 minutos atrás, HUNT3R disse:

I agree with % goals per chance rate. I can  send you a ammount os screenies with 30 shots, 16 on goal on my side, and 4 shots 2 on goal by the AI... and just look at the score.

I would say yes, the AI should be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat on match, the amount of rabbits seems to be too much. Again, i dont see how i must play very defensive with Man City at the end of allmost every game.

Still, great game! Cant wait for the ME to be updated to make it even better :)

Thx for the reply!

5 minutes ago, BuzzR said:

With all due respect this isn't a good explanation, because generally speaking a changelist is the list of differences between 2 versions of a piece of software .

It doesn't matter if one version is labeled Beta and one is labeled Release.

I am not specifying whether it is a good explanation or not- it is the developer's practice that they have done for several years and that is what I stated.

3 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

I'm not overly concerned with the conversation rate ,x.g etc since games like that happen irl so it's something I can overlook in the game and manage tactically. But I can't manage seeing my own teams defenders make comical errors while the Ai team defends like well oil drilled op soldiers.

I enjoy the game for what it is and the improvements from fm22 in the M.E but the errors in the M.E should have been ironed out so they are not a weekly occurances as likewise with x.g there are games where teams dominate possession and have loads of shots on target but then the opposition counter and get two with lesser x,g,. The same goes with defensive errors you can expect them to happen from time to time. but if you build a solid tactic, switch mentalities to adjust to the momentum of the match and have competent defenders you do not expect them to make basic errors week in week out and be able to keep a clean sheet.

3 hours ago, soablacksmith said:

Still can't remove my earring :D

So do I hope for a fix in next major patch? or do I miss something?

You could always just pretend it’s not there. 😂