*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

2 minutes ago, jborges said:

I agree with % goals per chance rate. I canĀ  send you a ammount os screenies with 30 shots, 16 on goal on my side, and 4 shots 2 on goal by the AI... and just look at the score.

I would say yes, the AI should be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat on match, the amount of rabbits seems to be too much. Again, i dont see how i must play very defensive with Man City at the end of allmost every game.

Still, great game! Cant wait for the ME to be updated to make it even betterĀ :)

Thx for the reply!

Don't forget that against the very big teams most other teams will close up shop, meaning it becomes much harder to get off clean shots in the box. That's the reason why big teams often will tend to need more posession and shots "per goal". Yes, IRL City or Bayern or Barcelona will win most matches but they won't win them all 5-0, 6-1 or sth. This seems to be the case IRL as well, though someone will likely have pulled those numbers and checked ... If you manage a smaller club you might well experience the same from the other side of the equation. The smaller team will generally have fewer chances but they will also have more space to potentially get clean shots off when they manage to execute a counter attack well.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, jborges said:

Its the last time ill pre-order... there is no point.

Preorder / buy the gameĀ 

Im kinda bored of this iteration quite quickly. Fatigued over the same broken Ai squad building and the same tactics screen.Ā 

Do think we are 3/4 editions away from a really amazing ME. They implement stuff which clearly isnt ready or working (sprint capacity in regards to stamina from last year) and actual make it work in the following editions.Ā 

But its mad to think its gonna take this long to get to that point. Like i said, a competitor would force change to be implemented at a much greater paceĀ 

6 minutes ago, angelo994 said:

I have to say I find it strange that there is no update on launch. So the people who waited to play the game on launch are just going to be playing the same exact version as the Beta? There are so many issues still on the game. Just seems very strange to me to release the game with no change log or real update on the know issues.Ā 

It appears that not a lot has changed when it comes to patches from BETA to Release. I guess most of the fixes will be after December.

8 minutos atrƔs, Marinho disse:

Don't forget that against the very big teams most other teams will close up shop, meaning it becomes much harder to get off clean shots in the box. That's the reason why big teams often will tend to need more posession and shots "per goal". Yes, IRL City or Bayern or Barcelona will win most matches but they won't win them all 5-0, 6-1 or sth. This seems to be the case IRL as well, though someone will likely have pulled those numbers and checked ... If you manage a smaller club you might well experience the same from the other side of the equation. The smaller team will generally have fewer chances but they will also have more space to potentially get clean shots off when they manage to execute a counter attack well.

I dont forget, im speaking of the ME: i get 10 CCCĀ“s... the AI gets 2...Ā  if my CCCĀ“s werent there iĀ“d be ok with that thought.

Dont want it to go away, just to be tuned...

Ā 

Edited by jborges

10 minutes ago, Fritz13 said:

Should it show automatically then?
just loaded my beta save and Iā€™m not seeing it.

Was this ticked when you created the save?

image.thumb.png.0b8f3bb69a78895c343b7c7ee320eb8a.png

If you go to FM -> Game status you can check if it is allowed or not

image.thumb.png.8ab60c5e8a0a5a391e5803842e558fb6.png

Ā 

1 minute ago, Ferocious289 said:

Don't think they did, most players stats look the same from the beta

Ā 

1 minute ago, metal_guitarist said:

There may have been some minor changes here and there but I wouldn't expect anything major to change from beta to release on the attribute front.Ā 

Thats a travesty, so no updates, just bug squashing ? Do i file Ben Doak`s attributes as a bug in the bug forum?

4 minutes ago, eye-switcher said:

Ā 

Thats a travesty, so no updates, just bug squashing ? Do i file Ben Doak`s attributes as a bug in the bug forum?

Yes, over here please with evidence/good reasoning as to why certain attributes need changing:Ā [England] Premier Division Data Issues - Bug Tracker - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

What I will say about Doak is that he's 16 I believe? Generally first year scholars' attributes are random because researchers may not have been able to see them before then, clubs are very protective of their U16 groups and below. The Liverpool researcher has a good handle on things but it may be January before he's seen enough of Doak to accurately rate him.Ā Ā 

My biggest fear was they would revert to FM22 ME, where English tier 3 teams attempt 900+ passes per game and every team including non league teams have average of 88% passing accuracy, which is completely ridiculous. This ME is good just needs a couple of tweaks and it will be near perfection. I'd rather them take their time than just revert back or fix one issue and loads more bugs come with it. At the same time the clear bugs that do exist really should've been sorted pre-beta IMO, or within the last couple of weeks but understand how complex ME changes are, but waiting a couple of months and making a major ME update seems a bit of a strange way to do things.

Edited by leo2r

After giving up on FM for awhile, I got FM22 free from Prime Games via Epic. That is a decent game. Just downloaded the demo but the feedback is not encouraging.Ā 

Look forward to trying it out though.

7 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

Yes, over here please with evidence/good reasoning as to why certain attributes need changing:Ā [England] Premier Division Data Issues - Bug Tracker - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)

What I will say about Doak is that he's 16 I believe? Generally first year scholars' attributes are random because researchers may not have been able to see them before then, clubs are very protective of their U16 groups and below. The Liverpool researcher has a good handle on things but it may be January before he's seen enough of Doak to accurately rate him.Ā Ā 

Thanks a lot, I think it should be clear to everyone by now that follows youth players that he probably is among the best in the world at that age and clearly able to play at U21 level and his attributes doesn't reflect that in game.Ā  So its a missed ball on this one but now i know why if his stats are random. Thanks

3 hours ago, DMaster2 said:

Just leaving my 2 cents...

FM 20 ingame editor -> 4,49ā‚¬

FM21 ingame editor -> 5,49ā‚¬

FM22 ingame editor -> 7,79ā‚¬

FM23 ingame editor -> 8,99ā‚¬

Ā 

Ā 

have you checked your food and energy bills in 2023 compared to 2022, 2021, 2020

9 minutes ago, Eoin Maguire said:

Well, this is the worst release of an FM game I've ever experienced. What other game or dev team gets away with this? No changes to ME at all (with all the bugs present besides a GK animation) , all the feedback you have got over the last 2 WEEKS and we have to wait until before CHRISTMAS before it's fixed. Might never pre order again as my trust is lost. I preordered to play the beta and then the full game, not to play a slightly updated beta. How about be prepared to release the full game at the release date and not give us the Beta 2.0? Also lots of DB changes that were incorrect are still present so I have no idea what is going on there, not much it seems... Years of lacklustre development on the ME and the game as a whole have caught up to SI and this is a breaking point for sure. Very poor, I'd be embarrassed if I was part of the dev team for this years game... I'll still play this game because I love it and always will, but the excitement and hype for the release is completely gone, maybe I won't get so upbeat about it in the future.Ā 

MIles is laughing at you. "worst release" "trust lost" "very poor" and in the next breath "i'll still play" "i love it and always will"

if you feel that strongly and want them to take notice try not buying the game instead of writing a forum post that miles will never read?

Match Engine Animations

- An improvement compared to FM22 and from previous versions. Have seen some nice goals (like Zidane at Final CL type of goal) and BPD carrying the ball until midfield - sometimes even further; nice.

7/10

General UI

- Since this one is personal taste, I really like the original skin this year. Some cosmetic bugs need to be addressed.

7/10

Transfers

- Since what you load in database directly affect this, SI need to decrease the reputation in equation - both for loaded and unloaded nations/leagues. A skilled player is skilled player and IRL takes more weighting than reputation.

5/10

Scouting

- My biggest disappoint so far in FM23. Revamp is ok, but need to be UX friendly. The learning curve is big and bit chaotic sometimes. Lots of players with A grade as well. I don't trust or look at any grade (A or star system), but I have notice it.

2/10

Training

- No updates two-three versions so far. There are some excellent requests in the forum about training, at least you can implement one of them each year.

5/10

Player Development

- Well, tweaking the youth awards to increase the reputation can solve some issues IMHO; so AI will start to pick that players and not rely in 35 y/o so often. Player performance in the pitch and overall ability should take more weighting in equation.

4/10

GG
fc.cadoni

6 minutes ago, Kazza said:

After giving up on FM for awhile, I got FM22 free from Prime Games via Epic. That is a decent game. Just downloaded the demo but the feedback is not encouraging.Ā 

Look forward to trying it out though.

Dont listen to the feedback. Many people due to the way the play do not notice issues which some people do

5 minutes ago, MrPompey said:

Dont listen to the feedback. Many people due to the way the play do not notice issues which some people do

Last one I actually bought was FM2019 which I thought was also decent. Yep, I read the comments every year even if not buying the game but note that the comments on feedback can be quite harsh and do not reflect the overall game play. in my experience of the game or the bulk of people who play. That said they are those that comment constructively and are helpful.

Right demo downloaded let's try it :)

• Administrators
6 hours ago, The_Batmantis said:

@Neil Brock

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but what you have written here seems to conflict with what was previously posted and I'm hoping you can clarify why there seems to be a change of approach in regards to patch notes, change lists, and communication about bug fixes.
Ā 

>How will I know that my issue has been addressed or fixed?Ā 

>With every update we release we include a change list, which lists some, but not always all changes and fixes. Whilst we will try to respond to threads informing users when a specific issue has been fixed, in some circumstances we may not be able to. But it is our aim to try and do so, so you have clarity after an update comes out.Ā 

You clearly communicated in the Bug Tracker FAQ that each update receives a change list. I read that as a commitment to the users of this forum that a change list will continue to be used. But now we are being told that it's not being used. It's now unclear how we will receive information about fixes that have already been implemented in the game.

You stated that some threads in the bug tracker will be updated in the coming days, but that seems to be a far less efficient approach. Is each user now expected to scroll through individual threads in the bug tracker to know what has been patched and what has not? That feels like a much less efficient way to communicate this information to players and users of this forum.

Why this change in approach?

It wasn't an update, it's the full release of the game.Ā 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, angelo994 said:

I have to say I find it strange that there is no update on launch. So the people who waited to play the game on launch are just going to be playing the same exact version as the Beta? There are so many issues still on the game. Just seems very strange to me to release the game with no change log or real update on the know issues.Ā 

The game has gone from the Early Access Beta to the full retail version and those versions are different.

42 minutes ago, (sic) said:

the in-game editor got even more expensive YET AGAIN. I really don't get this, it's the same thing we get every year. Each year it gets more expensive, now it's again increased in price by 1 euro

I've never bought it or used it and I don't plan on doing so but doesn't it make sense that it would cost more since the price of everything in general has gone up?Ā 

Just now, BrightLad5 said:

Yes... but we're all asking why no Change List from one version to the other like every other Game Dev does from Beta to full release. All we had was that SI have never done that so they aren't doing it... Which doesn't explain anything. All we want to know is what has changed in the game from beta to full release, it should be this big of a request...

They changed the logo so there's that

Updated my game to the full version but the likes of Emery to Aston Villa, Michael Carrick to Middlesbrough etc haven't been done in my new save. Checked the pre-game editor and they are all done in there from scratch but just not in my save...

1 minute ago, BenW. said:

Updated my game to the full version but the likes of Emery to Aston Villa, Michael Carrick to Middlesbrough etc haven't been done in my new save. Checked the pre-game editor and they are all done in there from scratch but just not in my save...

Have you started a new game? Database changes aren't able to be applied to existing saves.

29 minutes ago, eye-switcher said:

Thanks a lot, I think it should be clear to everyone by now that follows youth players that he probably is among the best in the world at that age and clearly able to play at U21 level and his attributes doesn't reflect that in game.Ā  So its a missed ball on this one but now i know why if his stats are random. Thanks

I'm the Liverpool researcher and I have seen him play for us. His CA is significantly greater than any other u18 player for LFC which is the squad he started to play with. His first game for our u21s was 8th October, he only played c120 mins for our u21s prior to datalock. Yet his CA is already in the top half of our u21 players. His PA is very, very high too and potential range should be reached in game. Do not get carried away with his attributes but his performances and development at that level. So with respect, I've not 'missed the ball', I need to see him more now that he's playing at a higher level to ensure his attributes become more reflective

Edited by diddydaddydoddy

1 hour ago, janrzm said:

You could always just pretend itā€™s not there. šŸ˜‚

The thing is, it becomes impossible to unsee it. It's really really irritating! I'm just relieved I got rid of mine.

Ā 

So you're on the screen of 'accessories'. You click on ears and you get TWO boxes - left ear and right ear. You click for each ear on the box with no earring in the ear.

(You do likewise to get rid of rings on each hand.) Each time, you save your choice and check on the big picture that "you" are sans earring.

52 minutes ago, XaW said:

Was this ticked when you created the save?

image.thumb.png.0b8f3bb69a78895c343b7c7ee320eb8a.png

If you go to FM -> Game status you can check if it is allowed or not

image.thumb.png.8ab60c5e8a0a5a391e5803842e558fb6.png

Ā 

My status is the same as your screenshot so I guess itā€™s more a question of is there anything I need to so for it to show as it isnā€™t automatic.

I was sure for old versions that I had to tick or select the IGE for it to show.

1 minute ago, metal_guitarist said:

Have you started a new game? Database changes aren't able to be applied to existing saves.

Ā 

Yep started two different saves and the same issues are there. No Corberan at West Brom amongst the others I've mentioned.

Ā 

Ā 

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 10.37.38.png

Just now, Fritz13 said:

My status is the same as your screenshot so I guess itā€™s more a question of is there anything I need to so for it to show as it isnā€™t automatic.

I was sure for old versions that I had to tick or select the IGE for it to show.

It should be visible next to the FM-menu. Are you using any skin, by any chance? Perhaps try it with the base skin, if so. Other than that I don't know, sorry. I haven't bought the IGE yet...

23 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

The game has gone from the Early Access Beta to the full retail version and those versions are different.

It's officially released, but I don't know the difference from the beta version except for the version change.It's officially released, but I don't know the difference from the beta version except for the version change.
SI should inform you of the changes in detail. And ME's problems with defense, which many people talk about and are known to be, need to be updated quickly.
I feel like I'm still doing the beta version, not the officially released version.
Clearly, the officially released version should be different from the beta version.
It is very disappointing that we didn't change the ME at the time of official release.

Edited by zzkeg27

2 minutes ago, BenW. said:

Ā 

Yep started two different saves and the same issues are there. No Corberan at West Brom amongst the others I've mentioned.

Ā 

Ā 

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 10.37.38.png

In that case they may have happened after data lock. Can't remember when that was off the top of my head.Ā