*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Colorado said:

Anyone else having issues with the columns on the squad view screen changing?

As in they don't stay in the same place when switching back and forth between screens?  Yes.  Not sure if thats a cache issue or skin issue though.

Just now, Jellico73 said:

As in they don't stay in the same place when switching back and forth between screens?  Yes.  Not sure if thats a cache issue or skin issue though.

Ah, will try resetting cache. I'm using official skin etc.

19 minutes ago, Colorado said:

Ah, will try resetting cache. I'm using official skin etc.

If that doesn’t work you can try deleting the cache folder and then try deleting the preferences folder too. Both found in user/app data.

4 hours ago, jlboybeamer said:

I thought Christian Atsu was being removed from the game since he died? Why is he still on the free agency market ? Or did I miss something ?

Are you using any 3rd party or self-made database files? He's definitely not in the database that came out in the update.

Has anyone been able to  fine a youth player for a bad performance in a game? Since the update I've been unable to do this. Before the update I would regularly fine a player in the youth team for a 6.5 and below performance to help boost determination, work rate or teamwork.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Really enjoying the new ME - seem some great goalmouth scrambles, dodgy keeper decisions and even an overhead kick from outside the area (think Trevor Sinclair) crash against the bar and get cleared.  

Properly got screwed with injuries with Wrexham as i lost Mullin (3 months) and Palmer (5 months) on the eve of the season but i'm loving the challenge and difficulty of chasing Notts County.

8 hours ago, Senak said:

I've looked into goals each game and he's had 6 games he hasn't scored (1 coming off injured in 10 mins, so really 5). 7 games with 1 goal and 3 games with 2 goals. That seems pretty consistent to me and it's not like he's missing a bunch of penos he hasn't taken any.

I think it's the headers won % really negatively affecting his rating, I know my strikers have awful ratings and are useless in the air. But they've also not scored a lot so I thought it was just down to that.

100% the headers are the problem. I have a striker with really low jumping reach (4). And he loses about 19 out of 20 headers per game. I play short passing and low crosses. But this has been a problem since before this update. 

Edited by angelo994

4 hours ago, Colorado said:

Anyone else having issues with the columns on the squad view screen changing?

Not sure I have that particular one, but in an online game I'm in several people are having problems viewing players on the player search screen under the "general selection" drop down option. The screen stays completely blank and you can't view any players, only switching to the "overview" option then makes the players viewable - which at the moment makes it awkward to see a condensed list of players to view. 

I'm also using the default skin ,so not sure why several of us are having problems.

7 hours ago, metal_guitarist said:

Are you using any 3rd party or self-made database files? He's definitely not in the database that came out in the update.

I am not that’s why I found it so weird , I will take a screenshot for you. I am on a fresh clean install of football manager 2023 when the latest data update came out. 

8 hours ago, metal_guitarist said:

20230306112859_1.thumb.jpg.1e290ce87d84aff11024fb7f034304c0.jpgHeHdasddsadasdasdasdsad20230306112845_1.thumb.jpg.4d254cd1c656916325b3be3c19f2289a.jpg

He seems to be alive and well ??? Is this a bug ? 

Edited by jlboybeamer

So after the latest update, I've played 2 ingame months and had two players with broken foot and one with damage cruciate ligaments.. WTF?!

Not to mention various other medium injuries to players that put them out for 3 or 4 weeks..

Frankly it's a lot of injuries happening atm even though my tactic has the bar of intensity below red and I have player not training if they have orange colour or red heart.

2 minutes ago, luka_zg said:

So after the latest update, I've played 2 ingame months and had two players with broken foot and one with damage cruciate ligaments.. WTF?!

Not to mention various other medium injuries to players that put them out for 3 or 4 weeks..

Frankly it's a lot of injuries happening atm even though my tactic has the bar of intensity below red and I have player not training if they have orange colour or red heart.

That's football

why has Van Dijk (*spelling) better technical attributes than world class midfielders? He even has high dribbling stats, but he hardly ever dribbles. And Salah just isn't that fast anymore (even though he is still good).

In response to those complaining that defence don't pick up on runs, I think this is realistic if you play a high line, high pressing game. It should then be difficult to track runners

Edited by V3ntricity

5 hours ago, jlboybeamer said:

20230306112859_1.thumb.jpg.1e290ce87d84aff11024fb7f034304c0.jpgHeHdasddsadasdasdasdsad20230306112845_1.thumb.jpg.4d254cd1c656916325b3be3c19f2289a.jpg

He seems to be alive and well ??? Is this a bug ? 

As far as I know, transfer window for Turkish teams closed yesterday midnight. Probably he will be removed after a second data update.

6 minutes ago, V3ntricity said:

why has Van Dijk (*spelling) better technical attributes than world class midfielders? He even has high dribbling stats, but he hardly ever dribbles. And Salah just isn't that fast anymore (even though he is still good).

In response to those complaining that defence don't pick up on runs, I think this is realistic if you play a high line, high pressing game. It should then be difficult to track runners

If you think the attributes are wrong, head to the database and research section of the PL and argue your case there. Just remember to read the FAQ first.

In terms of the Match Engine, coming straight into the final version from FM22 its far, far better. 

Much more frequent turn over of possession, some effective pressing, nice central play with through balls and varied play on the wings. 

It's starting to resemble 'real' football. 

Star players seem to stand out a bit more. 

I'm impressed. 

On 04/03/2023 at 15:13, Iggy Hassan said:

I see the game continues to highlight the wrong positions for players. Is this too much to ask for?? It's been happening since FM22.

That one really annoys me as well (why highlight a position the player can barely do, rather than the position they play in?), but I assumed it was a skin issue since I'm not using the default. It just seems a very irritating bug! 

2 hours ago, vikeologist said:

Has the update removed the ability to fine players for poor performances in reserve or youth matches?

I've noticed the same problem. Tried to find out via the list of changes SI released but can't seem to find anything about it.

16 hours ago, Captain_T said:

Maybe I understood something wrong when the patch note says "Decreased the training injury frequency rate".

Maybe that doesn't mean that injuries in general decreased, but that training injuries decreased and injuries during matches increased (in relation)?

If somebody could clarify this, would be nice.   

:)

Oh crikey didn't spot that, that certainly doesn't seem to be the case! This is my injury history in 4 months- and LOTS of training injuries.

I dont play a particularly aggressive way too with both pressing and tempo either average or below middle.

image.thumb.png.7c750f36c1a8dd92a4e942915a80009d.png

image.thumb.png.da9d5391fed0fb4907b50bc79cd51f9a.png

I think the new ME has ruined the game a little. So many passes seems underhit. It has been the case for all of 23 too but the blocked shot/cross/setpiece ballooning into the air and safely into the GKs hands is painful on the eyes now too. 

On 04/03/2023 at 11:55, Ozilva said:

Let me get this straight, do you want him to show why Casemiro is a better player than the current one on FM23?

I want to know what is the methodology used to make him so bad.

https://www.sofascore.com/team/football/manchester-united/35
I paid $60 on a game that I need to research on player attributes? This site has some attributes based on methodology, not media players.

Casemiro has 5 Champions League, he won the best CDM of 2023. He has always averaged 7-8/10 in all games, he is a completely constant player.

Look at Casemiro stats for the current season in real life, United won 75% of the games they played and won just 30% of the games they didn't play. He was definitely the most positive signing of this season. Most underrated and unmarketing player. Now you're telling me that Fabinho and Thiago from Liverpool have the same attributes as Casemiro? That's right? ROFL

How can Liverpool and Chelsea, teams that are in the middle of the table, have players with better attributes than Newcastle, Spurs, Arsenal and United, teams are fighting for the title, and go to the CL? Newcastle have the lowest number of goals conceded this season. But VVD, who has made endless mistakes this season, is the best CB in the game. Really?

Varane won 5 CL, won 1 WC, he is 28 years old at the height of his career, in a team that is disputing the title and with few goals conceded, he played in the final of the current WC. And it has worse attributes than VVD(30 yo / end of career) that has only 1 CL, played a pathetic WC, and is in the middle of the table, conceded 5 goals from Real Madrid.

I'm not a United fan, I'm just citing that the game I bought is completely wrong in terms of player attributes. It has no methodology. Teams like Berlin, Napoli, completely weak. Arsenal in first place in the PL, strongest league in the world, and pathetic team next to Chelsea and Liverpool. In every season I play, the teams fighting for the title are Liverpool and Chelsea, which is a complete lie compared to real life. So instead of asking anyone who paid $60 for the game for a link, do your homework properly.

I guess you have 2 options. Try to help the improve the data and make it better for you and everyone else or do nothing.

None of the club researchers are paid by SI, we all research for free and I expect most work full time doing something, else giving up their spare time to help improve Football Manager as I do

22 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

Has anyone seen a clean sheet since the update? If so I'll happily pay for it :D

My GK just set the record for most clean sheets in a season (1st full season played with new update). 

This seems more like a debate about football in general, not about FM. The attributes in FM are fine, but I guess it's a new player who's comparing ratings with other games and other tools. Also there's no 'Berlin', it's Hertha or Union (or others in lower divisions).

2 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Anyone actually using this? 

Yes, regularly.  It's brilliant for someone like me who tends to have a different depth chart than the game's in-built star system.  It also allows me to visualise the impact of different formations on my squad rotation.  I primarily use two mirrored formations, and some players position on the depth chart will change according to which formation I'm playing.  The squad planner is very helpful in that regards.

image.thumb.png.77fc9e7fe05e155b6a749518190ba0a3.png

image.thumb.png.dc836d5b05273639ce774c26dac29993.png

I know my view is different to common consensus, but the squad planner isn't just useful, it's a significant improvement on the old squad depth.

Seeing we have a match on Boxing Day, the least I can do is give the squad the 24th off and then a typically light prematch day:

image.png.2720c380e1ae729ca8824b52b00240ac.png

Ah yes of course, the weights session... in training the last 2 days... maybe eventually an FM version can finally line up training injuries to actual training instead of being wholly abitrary:

image.png.a0cbfecff82be5d80050d366b7ccfe9d.png

Edited by CaptCanuck

My players don't have many injuries and I don't mind the injuries either. I think it's more important than before to have a full depth squad. I aim for 20+ players, for every position at least 2 back-ups and when scouting I look for versatile players. Wingbacks that can play left and right or allround midfielders.

My game didn't generate fixtures for the new season. Basically the table got stuck at last years table. And i don;t have any previous saves. Thanks SI... Just gonna start a new save...

Edited by andu1

On 05/03/2023 at 15:17, jlboybeamer said:

I thought Christian Atsu was being removed from the game since he died? Why is he still on the free agency market ? Or did I miss something ?

Did you start a new save? I did, and Atsu is no longer in the DB, and I noticed other notable persons who recently died are no longer available

1 hour ago, mitzra3l said:

Did you start a new save? I did, and Atsu is no longer in the DB, and I noticed other notable persons who recently died are no longer available

Yes I did , that was a brand new save with the new data base as I showed on the screen shot which is weird. I checked the recent transfers for all the other teams that happened in January they are all there for arsenal for example like jorginho . So I am sure that I am using the latest database , I don't use mods either so this is weird.

4 minutes ago, jlboybeamer said:

Yes I did , that was a brand new save with the new data base as I showed on the screen shot which is weird. I checked the recent transfers for all the other teams that happened in January they are all there for arsenal for example like jorginho . So I am sure that I am using the latest database , I don't use mods either so this is weird.

Searched for him in the editor, and he isn't there...

image.png.5c18996850dc5afc902bf45affa1ed5b.png

You sure you selected the updated DB and not the original?

5 minutes ago, jlboybeamer said:

That is super weird my man, because I can't find nor in the game nor in the editorimage.thumb.png.ff30da14a1a67be846860ef94f32c824.png

1 hour ago, eXistenZ said:

Am i the only one who thinks the new update went too far with player fatigue? playing a midblock, press more often, standard tempo on positive and fullbacks are usually knacker by min60. in a league with one game a week.

To be honest personally I'd rather have it this way, than 80% condition after 90 minutes of gegenpress.

Balance is certainly most preferable though. 

On 05/03/2023 at 13:33, DarJ said:

If you’re on steam I backed up the files before updating so I can upload it somewhere and send you the link in PM

I'd also be interested Darj given it seems we can no longer select which database we want for a new game. (when was that removed?)

3 hours ago, kiingallen said:

Fatigue is definitely quicker

Weirdly enough it seems to mainly effect my CBs, I guess it's because I rotate them the least? But yeah I'm not even half way through the season and 2 out of three always get a fitness warning from my head physio.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb ccordoba:

Penalties are a joke. Tackles on the ball, clearing the ball, heading the ball. Everything is a penalty, how was this not brought up yet? Huge frustration. 

Have you mentioned it in the bugs tracker?

Then SI can have a look. 

3 hours ago, jlboybeamer said:

Yes I mean thats why im here and I posted those screenshots , this is the right database right?

20230306112859_1.jpg

Then I dunno mate, upload a bug report to SI and have them look is my best suggestion.

9 minutes ago, XaW said:

Then I dunno mate, upload a bug report to SI and have them look is my best suggestion.

Thank you anyways! Not a big deal but found it quite odd , I reinstalled the game , I can't see him now having just started a new game. So that fixed it !