*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

4 minuti fa, XaW ha scritto:

Do note that this says "training injuries", if players who had loads of injuries keep doing the same thing and not rotating or resting enough, they're unlike to see any reduction.

I personally haven't had much issues with injuries in any of my saves, so I was surprised that this was done, but since SI have changed it they must have found something in their simulations or bug reports. At the very least it shows that reporting what you think are bugs has an effect.

The vast majority of the injuries in my team were in training in fact. The match injuries frequency was always fine. Thankfully they fixed that because i was starting to get really frustrated. I'm not using the editor to remove injuries but i swear this year i've been tempted more than once. Two seasons ago i've managed to hit more than 120 injuries between 35-ish players (25 main and 10ish promising youngesters i keep in u20 as backup) and that was completly absurd.

Edited by DMaster2

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When did the data update go up to as there a lot of transfers/manager moves not included.  Gareth Ainsworth for one moved to QPR on 23/02., which is not included amongst others.

3 minutes ago, DMaster2 said:

The vast majority of the injuries in my team were in training in fact. The match injuries frequency was always fine. Thankfully they fixed that because i was starting to get really frustrated. I'm not using the editor to remove injuries but i swear this year i've been tempted more than once. Two seasons ago i've managed to hit more than 120 injuries between 35-ish players (25 main and 10ish promising youngesters i keep in u20 as backup) and that was completly absurd.

I don't know what to say, this is what I see:

AVz8jVG.png

Expected 78, actual 3... So I really don't see an issue.

1 minute ago, timtim11 said:

When did the data update go up to as there a lot of transfers/manager moves not included.  Gareth Ainsworth for one moved to QPR on 23/02., which is not included amongst others.

I think Miles said mid-February on Twitter...

Edit: Here it is.

Edited by XaW

9 minutes ago, DMaster2 said:

-           Decreased the training injury frequency rate

Straight from the new patch notes. Maybe it's not "a few people blaming SI" but many reporting BUGS that affect the game. But as usual in this forums there are certain people defending even obviously broken stuff just because they feel like it's a personal attack.

Didn't notice this in the patch notes. Thanks for bringing it up.

Disappointed as I personally always feel the injuries are far too low. I'll have to find my old db file to increase them

Central defenders are still freeze framing when an attacker runs next to them to chase a through ball. Not a lot of improvements there

Wide players are tracking back better and they are not randomly stopping

Defensive midfielders run back like crazy as the backline moves back. They mark nothing and just follow the backline even if there are no opposition players around them

41 minutes ago, DMaster2 said:

I feel this. The 'best' is having guys get injured for a month on a day with 'Match Tactics' and 'Match Preview'. Those highlighted how incredibly arbitrary training injuries were.

Happy to see my assistant has started to created friendlies for my reserve team. One of the issues that's been annoying me fixed. Well done!

1 minute ago, XaW said:

Happy to see my assistant has started to created friendlies for my reserve team. One of the issues that's been annoying me fixed. Well done!

This is a big one! Has been bugging me for years!

53 minuti fa, XaW ha scritto:

AVz8jVG.png

I raise this and it wasn't even the worst season i had in terms of injuries

Immagine.png.b8782a2c7b8f31de2dcb46c5f6d

1 minute ago, DMaster2 said:

I raise this and it wasn't even the worst season i had in terms of injuries

Immagine.png.b8782a2c7b8f31de2dcb46c5f6d

What on earth are you asking the players to do?

4eUfNA9.png

vor 54 Minuten schrieb XaW:

AVz8jVG.png

I can't believe, that they reduced injuries. In all my saves there are only a few injuries and I don't need to take much care about training intensity or match load.

In my opinion thats totaly unrealistic.

Injuries should be increased not decreased!

4 minutes ago, Captain_T said:

I can't believe, that they reduced injuries. In all my saves there are only a few injuries and I don't need to take much care about training intensity or match load.

I agree, but SI must have found something in their soak tests that I'm not seeing. Can't see any other reason for this.

How common is the issue with saves not being able to load? I see some complaints on twitter and a topic in bug forum.

One of my saves which I was really looking forward to continuing after the ME update can't be loaded.

Didn't have any similar issues before. Tried clearing the game's cache in local files and verifying files on steam, doesn't help.

Other saves work just fine.

25 minuti fa, XaW ha scritto:

What on earth are you asking the players to do?

Genuinely nothing weird. I leave the squad training to the assman (and i have a top one in terms of stats) and i lead the individual training where every player is strictly on normal intensity. I also rotate players when fatigued or the game hints that they might risk injuries. In fact i don't get many matches injuries, the fine amount. It's the training that have been killed me. Hopefully with this update i'll get a humanly number...

28 minuti fa, Captain_T ha scritto:

If you would switch with me you would sing a different tune.

27 minutes ago, Captain_T said:

It is not very hard to increase injuries via editor, you can increase all the injuries by any percent you want

33 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

How common is the issue with saves not being able to load? I see some complaints on twitter and a topic in bug forum.

One of my saves which I was really looking forward to continuing after the ME update can't be loaded.

Didn't have any similar issues before. Tried clearing the game's cache in local files and verifying files on steam, doesn't help.

Other saves work just fine.

You have any customs leagues in the save thats not working?

3 hours ago, celtic_fc said:

Has Josh Campbell at least had an upgrade for you guys?

Spoiler

Campbell's new contract isn't even in it, his CA should be at least 112.

Edited by XaW
Spoiler

The reduction in injuries is worrying tbh. Really really want SI to make realistic injury rates possible in the next FM.

I know that the injury rate was probably above their wanted threshold, however that threshold is already too low for people that want a more realistic injury rate.

Edited by Platinum

35 minutes into my 1st game after the patch and my Dulwich are 3 nil up against Wycombe and absolutely tearing them apart! My striker, Jay Stansfield, who is a young player at Fulham IRL, has suddenly been infused by the spirit of prime Henry and has bagged a hat trick! 

Good work SI, I expect this level of performance in every match! 

1 minute ago, akinozcan said:

Other than that, what is your first impressions about ME after update?

I like it, but I've only played a few matches ,so quite hard to give a solid review yet. I've not seen anything strange happen so far though, so that's promising.

Corner exploit has been toned down, you only get one man away when you place 2 lurking out of the box, so that's (sadly) an improvement.

Also, biggest positive is that on M1 mac now the match engine is finally silky smooth, and not 10 choppy as if on a 10 year old toaster.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb kiingallen:

I feel like I’m hearing audio sound effects I’ve never heard before. Has there always been drums?

possible... copied my 2 sound mod files over the original ones and once i started the game it crashed while loading... so maybe....

6 minutes ago, balldoktor81 said:

possible... copied my 2 sound mod files over the original ones and once i started the game it crashed while loading... so maybe....

It’s sooo prevalent. I mean maybe it differs by region but I’m playing a friendly against club brugge and they are going at it with the drums. Never heard it once before 

Did post in this thread, but i'll keep you guys updated as well 

I'm currently starting a save with several leagues loaded, most only the first division but the top two from the "big 5" (England, Germany, Italy, Spain and France). I'll let it go over the night, with the target to be ten years into the future, and i'll upload the save after it's done. I might not have the time to investigate how everything looks, but i'm sure someone will give it  look. I'll update later exactly what leagues and so forth that i loaded, but i really need to get to bed now! See ya all tomorrow, hopefully with good news!

The leagues i've loaded are:

England (2 divisions)
Argentina
Belgium
Brazil
France (2 divisions)
Hollande
Italy (2 divisions)
Croatia
Portugal
Scotland
Spain (2 divisions)
Sweden
Germany (2 divisions)

Eu, South America, Africa: Players from clubs top division, Players from top clubs

Start England,27/6 - 2022

Add players to playable teams, Do not use hidden values

20 leagues, 13 countries, large database, about 135 000 players

No added databases

I'll keep you updated with the save, in case anyone wants to give it a go or just check the results. I probably won't have the time to give it a deep check, the wifey has me bookde for the weekend, but i'll make sure to upload the save as soon as i can! Does anyone have a particular upload site the recommend?

1 minute ago, handy500 said:

Just started a new game with Everton and Anthony Gorden is still in my squad and not Newcastle's anyone else got that

He's at Newcastle in my save, you got the right DB selected?

46 minutes ago, BamBamBam said:

The issue of hardly any young players getting through on the international stage was a joke. I’m hoping this has been fixed.

Anyone know if this change is save game compatible? If I need to load up a new save, would be good to know.

Wait, wait, wait!... Injuries have been toned down? I came here to see if it was a new bug! This is the worst injury crisis I've had in 13 (in-game) years!

10 injuries in 13 days including a fractured leg, torn groin muscle and dislocated shoulder. Wtf is going on?!

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 23.09.40.png

Edited by albanie.

Trying to play for the first time in months and my game is stuck on the "Loading Game Database" screen at the start. I have never had this happen before.

EDIT: Finally got past the screen but this took a WHOLE LOT LONGER than it ever has before. And I have a very powerful laptop. 

Edited by zachalxnder