*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else getting 1990-92 Adidas vibes from the load screen? Platt, Cantona, Boban, Colombo, Papin, Deschamps  etc? Jumpers for goalposts. Rush goalie. Two at the back, three in the middle, four up front, one's gone home for his tea. Beans on toast?

Marvellous!!

image.png.552280ab9b40dbe914a661e615d7700b.png

image.png.1b192e81bdf1c6aac127a513f63d11bd.pngimage.png.5c0bae42acffc2850a4f2dfece1f56dd.png

Yikes, no patch notes for release.

But I think at least with the worst of the issues (defenders going walkies leaving huge gaps in defense, long balls, long shots and the absurd amount of turnovers) then it should be apparent after a few matches if those have been fixed.

I have a sneaky suspicion they have had a lot more issues with the defending than we think, So i don't think all of those will be solved at launch. We will see but some of those are huge issues that break immersion, it's hard to take a game seriously when your defenders decide to go have a chat with the crowd whilst there is a counter attack on :D .

I think it's always been a concern that FM is a game for the oldies more than it is the young...ies.

So to get Gundogan, Foden, Rodri et al for that trailer really could open eyes on FM to a newer audience.

Good stuff, SI

And I love the fact it's been out so little time on YT that some people are probably asking "what trailer?" :brock:

4 minutes ago, anagain said:

I think it's always been a concern that FM is a game for the oldies more than it is the young...ies.

So to get Gundogan, Foden, Rodri et al for that trailer really could open eyes on FM to a newer audience.

Good stuff, SI

And I love the fact it's been out so little time on YT that some people are probably asking "what trailer?" :brock:

Then they might have an even worse time of it, since the younger crowd wouldn't accept the graphics of the game. If they are actually going after that demographic, then they are used to FIFA.

I think the "oldies" are much more accepting of the Playstation 1 style graphics but if SI truly want to chase the younger gamers (especially in the sports area) then they will have to up the graphics.

3 minutes ago, TopToffee said:

Where are you getting the others from?

Brentford announced it on their twitter few days ago. The rest I have got from SI article here - https://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-2023-licences I cant quite remember where i saw Everton from though to be honest with you. Not sure if i hallucinated it :D

1 minute ago, TheArsenal63 said:

Then they might have an even worse time of it, since the younger crowd wouldn't accept the graphics of the game. If they are actually going after that demographic, then they are used to FIFA.

I think the "oldies" are much more accepting of the Playstation 1 style graphics but if SI truly want to chase the younger gamers (especially in the sports area) then they will have to up the graphics.

My son is 15. He has no interest in football manager at all. I asked if any of his friends or people from school play. He does not know a single person that plays. They all know the game, but they say it looks boring, slow and the graphics are terrible.

10 minutes ago, TheArsenal63 said:

Rubbish. Young people play Rimworld, Among Us (if that's the correct title) etc. Graphics aren't everything.

I do agree there are some who might baulk, but not just at the graphics, but the strength of FM is in it's gameplay and the strength of this year's match engine and the database. Nothing comes close to FM in that regard.

Some tidying up and improving of the UI and some social features is needed but I have no doubt there are younguns that could love FM.

Even I was young when I first played...didn't even have graphics then...just circles. EDIT: Actually it didn't even have circles back then. Just text.

And, to add. The FM discord I chat on is all young people and many of them. They seem to love the game.

Edited by anagain

3 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

My son is 15. He has no interest in football manager at all. I asked if any of his friends or people from school play. He does not know a single person that plays. They all know the game, but they say it looks boring, slow and the graphics are terrible.

It won't have mass appeal but there will definitely be lads that age interested. 

My first was CM 00/01 aged 10. Me and my mate were addicted, we used to go down the park and act out the highlights of the players we signed. :lol:

Edited by dannyfc

2 saat önce, Neil Brock said:

It's the Early Access Beta. We ask people to contribute if they want and anything raised via our Bug Tracker is checked over by our team and if required, logged into our internal database and given a priority. Given the number of hours people have been putting into the game, some managers have already got some pretty hefty careers underway. 

In terms of raised issues on our Bug Tracker, we tell you whether the issue is under review, a known issue, not a bug or requires more info. Then, when new versions or updates are released we go back to those we identify as being addressed and mark them resolved.

The full version of FM23 comes out on the 8th November. As in previous years after launch we'll be looking to release updates throughout the cycle to potentially introduce new aspects where we can introduced to world football, database updates after the Winter transfer update and fix issues where we're able to do so, primarily based on what is flagged by our community. When we do so, we release pretty comprehensive changelists highlighting what's been addressed. And again, will go through the Tracker and update where possible. 

This is a very complex way of saying just wait until the third patch in May, and if that doesn't work wait another 6 months for the new game.

5 minutes ago, anagain said:

Rubbish. Young people play Rimworld, Among Us (if that's the correct title) etc. Graphics aren't everything.

I do agree there are some who might baulk, but not just at the graphics, but the strength of FM is in it's gameplay and the strength of this year's match engine and the database. Nothing comes close to FM in that regard.

Some tidying up and improving of the UI and some social features is needed but I have no doubt there are younguns that could love FM.

Even I was young when I first played...didn't even have graphics then...just circles.

I’ve played FM/CM since CM2. I’ve learnt the game slowly over the years. If I was coming to FM as a new player now, the sheer amount of info, screens and things to learn just to understand the game on a basic level is daunting.

I agree graphics aren’t everything but there has been no improvement to stadiums or pitch and lighting textures for 6 years. The game could look so much better and feel more immersive. 

Edited by BuryBlade

I think the main problem at this stage is the learning curve for a new player, regardless of age. Plus we live in the age of instant gratification, that's not something you often get from Football Manager. 

Feedback on beta... Thumbs up. Looking forward to full release... tonight hopefully! 🤤

6 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

My son was 15 when he started fm, loves it and is almost as addicted to me.

5 minutes ago, Fëanáro Míriel said:

This is a very complex way of saying just wait until the third patch in May, and if that doesn't work wait another 6 months for the new game.

No, that's you saying that. :idiot:

Can confirm, I also thought the same when I was 15. 

I'm not sure which version I've tried, but I remember being really confused, and I thought that I've downloaded something that wasn't a game. It just didn't look like a game.
Took me until a few years later to actually try it out properly.

4 minutes ago, anagain said:

Even I was young when I first played...didn't even have graphics then...just circles.

3 minutes ago, dannyfc said:

My first was CM 00/01 aged 10. Me and my mate were addicted, we used to go down the park and act out the highlights of the players we signed. :lol:

Times were simply different back then. Gaming wasn't as common, realistic graphics weren't a thing. Kids nowadays are used to a certain level and standard of gaming, whether it's UI, graphics, or whatever. FM just doesn't meet those things. Then the other thing is gameplay, majority of kids just prefer more action style games like CoD, Fortnite, Overwatch, etc. FM is like the complete opposite from action :D 

Just now, GOODNAME said:

It will be at 00:01 max

22:00 UK time (i think)

That is what i was thinking although some people here were speculating that we will have to wait until tomorrow... And there is this release trailer...

Just now, (sic) said:

Times were simply different back then. Gaming wasn't as common, realistic graphics weren't a thing. Kids nowadays are used to a certain level and standard of gaming, whether it's UI, graphics, or whatever. FM just doesn't meet those things. Then the other thing is gameplay, majority of kids just prefer more action style games like CoD, Fortnite, Overwatch, etc. FM is like the complete opposite from action :D 

We still had FIFA and PES growing up, it's all relative as at the time the graphic was perceived as ultra realistic.

You guys are doing the younger generation a disservice I reckon, the exact same things would have been said 10/20/30/40 years ago. 

There will definitely be young lads who enjoy statistics and pouring over every detail in a football database. It's more of a personality than an age thing. 

4 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

I still hate transfer ranges.

What benefit is it to me saying the a player is worth 40k - 3.5m. In what world is it ever possible to get a player like that for 40k.

Then you ask the agent looking for a bit of clarity only for them to reiterate the 40k-3.5m range.

Declare your interest in the player, and you'll get a media report about the likely cost of signing him. It's not always accurate but it can be a good starting point. 

4 minutes ago, (sic) said:

Can confirm, I also thought the same when I was 15. 

I'm not sure which version I've tried, but I remember being really confused, and I thought that I've downloaded something that wasn't a game. It just didn't look like a game.
Took me until a few years later to actually try it out properly.

We're only talking 2000. The Playstation had been out years and the second generation of consoles had launched.

No ones talking about all younguns, but having City stars playing the game is going to draw an eye. Some around here will doubt for doubt's sake.

Kid's these days have PL footballers as their idols, and if these idols show they play the game they might well give it a thought.

I think many here do a discredit to the imagination of kids.

2 minutes ago, Fëanáro Míriel said:

So you are saying 3 patches, last one being in may, for a game that comes out every november is enough ? And you are telling me that major problems gets fixed before may every year ?

No, but nor were you. You were giving the age old idea that the game is only playable after patch 3, weren't you.

I'd love more patches but what a lot of you don't understand is that patching a game as complex as FM is not merely changing a line of code, or two. Understand that and then criticise patches.