*Official* Football Manager 2023 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

2 minutes ago, Alex050999 said:

It looks like I don't meet the correct spec to run this years game. Is there much I can do about this apart from getting a new PC? I have bought the game and I keep getting an unknown error while updated football manager which I have seen people had a similar problem earlier in the forum which now looks like they have resolved. I have tried everything from updating my mac to unstalling FM. Can anybody help as I just want to play the new FM!

What OS are you running on MAC? 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ME Pros :

- Finally I actually seeing some cutting inside from IF/IW and much more dribbling! liking that a lot, that was really missing for me in FM22 

- More verity of finishing in general and some cool animations 

- Players not feeling so much "robotic" especially in the wide areas on the pitch

ME Cons :

- Saw a lot of goals that the GK's just freezing and not responding to the shot

- Balls over the center backs a little bit over powered 

- ME 3D lag for me, really don't know why cuz FM22 was 100 % smooth with very high settings 

But overall in my opinion this is the best ME in the beta stage that i ever played

They have really solid good ME around here, i hope in the full release things will be even better

AND PLEASE - don't kill the dribble in this game! i saw so many beautiful dribbles and this is the beauty of the ME

Edited by GOODNAME

1 minute ago, Alex050999 said:

MacOS Catalina

Version 10.15.7

Unfortunately - FM23 minimum requirement is OS 11 so there's not really any way around it. You would have to either update the OS (if possible) or to buy a new PC. 

10 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

ME 3D lag for me, really don't know why cuz FM22 was 100 % smooth with very high settings 

If you’re in a laptop go to the manufacturer website and download the graphics driver and if you’re on a desktop go to your motherboard manufacturer and download the graph driver, don’t do it through the gforce experience app

One thing I would like to see in future games is an instruction to specifically look for cut backs, I know you can get that sometimes with low crosses but they don’t happen as often as I would like 

I like certain things I'm seeing in the ME so far. Players in the wingback position do seem less conservative than before, and they actually push forward earlier. Which makes sense, since they don't have any players in front of them, and they're the width providers. I often struggled with that position, especially in back 3/5 systems, as they were simply not pushing forward early on.

IFs/IWs also do seem a bit better. 

Just certain observations from 2-3 matches that I've played so far.

But overall, the game feels exactly the same to play. In previous versions, I felt there have been at least some new features that impacted my gameplay. FM23 so far feels like FM22 with slightly improved UI and ME.

I just hope the ME doesn't get ruined on release, like it almost always does.

16 minutes ago, DarJ said:

If you’re in a laptop go to the manufacturer website and download the graphics driver and if you’re on a desktop go to your motherboard manufacturer and download the graph driver, don’t do it through the gforce experience app

I have desktop and i downloaded the driver through GeForce experience app

I have Nvidia GeForce 1650 GTX super

How can i download the driver without the app?

@ SI Staff: I know the beta is only just available but I have a question about new managers in long term saves. In inactive and view-only leagues only the absolute best of the best teams sign new managers. All other teams stay without a manager after sacking or retirement. Clubs without a manager could never win the Champions League or Europa League.  This was the case in FM18 en FM20, but perhaps in more versions. Can someone confirm that this is still in the game / has been tweaked / is programmed out for FM23?

23 minutes ago, DarJ said:

Out of interest, why would you not use the geforce experience app?

1 minute ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Out of interest, why would you not use the geforce experience app?

So I'm on a laptop and normally the manufacturer tests the drivers before they put them up on their website so if you do it from the app you get the latest that might not have been fully tested yet by the manufacturer of your device, Each time I go to the driver website I always notice that the graphic driver they have there is usually 2 or 3 versions older 

I feel like wide play is perhaps either overpowered or just being over emphasied as being too effectuve due to the lack of central play and slow build up in opp half. Fullbacks and wingers have the majority of assists in active leagues and sadly looks like the AMC/MC playmaker role is redundant unless it's from deep.

Defence seems all over the shop. Not experienced a single 0-0 yet. Promising signs from the ME though in terms of variety. Just feel like goals come too easy 

3 hours ago, Lempicka said:

Surely, the time and effort creating watches, rings and and other knick-knacks for our manager avatars would have been better spent elsewhere. The stadiums corners are crying out for a bit more variety, but instead - we get a scarf that floats above the managers head. 

Also, and I could be wrong, in previous games, couldn't we select the managers tie colour based on the club we were managing (e.g red/Liverpool, blue/Chelsea)? This option appears to have disappeared. 

I'm all for cosmetic improvement to enhance the match-day experience, but a watch and earring we're never going to really see outside of the manager set-up screen is not what I expected.

Agree with the sentiment - but just worth mentioning the match club colours options is still there. Go into the colour hex chart and it's a tickbox near the top.

But yeah there's so much opportunity to expand the aesthetics of the game. I don't mean anything relatively intensive, simplistic graphics are fine, but it should be straight forward enough to allow customization of the stadiums. It's what the older competitors used to do quite well, as in Premier Manager or the LMA Manager.

I know SI have always been reluctant to delve too much into that as it veers away from the job a manager is involed in, however feel like little cosmetic touches to build uniqueness to a club go a long away in building attachment or immersion in the fictional world. 

8 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I feel like wide play is perhaps either overpowered or just being over emphasied as being too effectuve due to the lack of central play and slow build up in opp half. Fullbacks and wingers have the majority of assists in active leagues and sadly looks like the AMC/MC playmaker role is redundant unless it's from deep.

Defence seems all over the shop. Not experienced a single 0-0 yet. Promising signs from the ME though in terms of variety. Just feel like goals come too easy 

942feaa526874efb501330e9a52877a6.png.4a6e9a221c1085d451f75720e977d003.png

Not an AP, but an AM-S. 5 goals and 2 assists in 4 games. If anything my AMs are performing really well. I've seen through balls in the middle, going either from him or to him.

Does anyone else find it WAY more difficult to find a job as an unemployed manager without playing experience / coaching badges? I seem to get rejected by clubs I easily would have gotten an offer from in FM22
(all leagues set to playable)

4 minutes ago, Obaaa said:

Long balls are killing what is an otherwise impressive ME. Far too many and far too accurate. Resulting in far too many one on ones.

Just coming on to post much the same, except about the accuracy. 

Playing as Brugge against Real Madrid in the Champs League, and twice Toni Kroos played an aimless long ball to nobody. Which is twice more than he's done that in real life in his whole career. 

Also seeing a lot of long passes where the ball goes too high in the hair, like a big, looping pass that you amost never see in real life. 

It's a shame because forward play is outstanding in this year's ME. 

11 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Also seeing a lot of long passes where the ball goes too high in the hair, like a big, looping pass that you amost never see in real life

*Cough* Jordan Henderson *cough*

Literally every game

2 hours ago, unitedstian said:

One thing I wish they would look at is PPMs. If I want a player to switch the ball to the other flank I shouldn't have to wait 6 months for him to start doing it, or even worse, still not being able to. Imagine that in real life: "Sorry boss I just dont know how to stop hugging the touchline, its like a magnet"

This is a really important post that I must admit I have not previously considered. Get further forward, switch the ball to the opposite flank, pass it shorter / longer  etc etc … just do what you’re told!!

Loving the ME, watching the game seems a lot more immersive this year and thoroughly like the changes they've made with scouting and other features they mentioned.

My only small issue at the moment as I'm unable to get a performance out of my GK, both keepers (first and second choice) are consistently getting ratings between 6.2 and 6.4

We're dominating the league as to be expected but unable to keep clean sheets. Teams are scoring 2-3 goals in games with xG's of only 0.6's etc. You get the point, the keepers rating reflects this meaning they obviously could be doing better but after 20 games in and giving both keepers a fair crack of the whip - I'm unsure whether I just need a new GK (both of mine are currently 3 star ability for my league) or it's a potential issue in the beta?

Would love to hear if anyone else is having and issue with their GK's and low ratings. Also, speaking of the ME, the GK's have had a fair few howlers. 

2 minutes ago, ScottishFM said:

Loving the ME, watching the game seems a lot more immersive this year and thoroughly like the changes they've made with scouting and other features they mentioned.

My only small issue at the moment as I'm unable to get a performance out of my GK, both keepers (first and second choice) are consistently getting ratings between 6.2 and 6.4

We're dominating the league as to be expected but unable to keep clean sheets. Teams are scoring 2-3 goals in games with xG's of only 0.6's etc. You get the point, the keepers rating reflects this meaning they obviously could be doing better but after 20 games in and giving both keepers a fair crack of the whip - I'm unsure whether I just need a new GK (both of mine are currently 3 star ability for my league) or it's a potential issue in the beta?

Would love to hear if anyone else is having and issue with their GK's and low ratings. Also, speaking of the ME, the GK's have had a fair few howlers. 

There just seems to be too many goals as a whole. My matches are averaging 3.8 goals per game, and just selecting another random two teams in my league they're doing 3.3 and 3.1 respectively 

6 minutes ago, Pompey1978 said:

Is the Transfer Deadline Day "thing" still a "thing"? Managing in 3. Liga in Germany and I wasn't invited to join the circus; deadline day just came and went.

Yes mate, I had one in Scotland. 

2 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

There just seems to be too many goals as a whole. My matches are averaging 3.8 goals per game, and just selecting another random two teams in my league they're doing 3.3 and 3.1 respectively 

How do you check this, I'll be interested to see the situation on my save? 

image.thumb.png.f8a28b2fb9d1fd15bfa2d81671281664.png
The same issue of bad scaling is very much present in FM2023. The team selection screen, for unknown reason remains capped to a post stamp sized window.

I've raised this for the past 3 years I haven't ever recieved a proper answer why the UI could not scale properly based on resolution here.

10 minutes ago, Pompey1978 said:

Is the Transfer Deadline Day "thing" still a "thing"? Managing in 3. Liga in Germany and I wasn't invited to join the circus; deadline day just came and went.

Some of the smaller leagues, you don't get one, tends to only be for the bigger leagues 

10 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

it's usually like that during beta 

1 hour ago, DarJ said:

So I'm on a laptop and normally the manufacturer tests the drivers before they put them up on their website so if you do it from the app you get the latest that might not have been fully tested yet by the manufacturer of your device, Each time I go to the driver website I always notice that the graphic driver they have there is usually 2 or 3 versions older 

Most laptop manufacturers are lazy in uploading drivers, it should be fine to go to nvidia or amd site to get the new driver, geforce experience does a fine job in updateing drivers. Same applies for desktop.

I dont know why you are sending people on desktops to the motherboard manufacturer to get graphic card driver?

1 minute ago, IgnorantLobster said:

image.png.74ffb7dece090d9dc7a7012ec482f668.png

Surely he should be aiming a little higher than the National League? Ahahaha

Usually because the bigger teams have all budgeted and finalised their squads and don't have room, hence only low league teams make offers.

So far these things catched my eyes:

- Sometimes GKs just freeze when the opponent shoots, even if the ball is moving towards him

- seeing too many two feet tackles that result with red cards 

- too many mistakes from the defenders

To be honest, it's like I am playing FM22 with updated transfers..

41 minutes ago, Häynted said:

image.thumb.png.f8a28b2fb9d1fd15bfa2d81671281664.png
The same issue of bad scaling is very much present in FM2023. The team selection screen, for unknown reason remains capped to a post stamp sized window.

I've raised this for the past 3 years I haven't ever recieved a proper answer why the UI could not scale properly based on resolution here.

You got rings and earrings, why are you complaining? Try raising the issue next year, maybe you'll be lucky then.

32 minutes ago, IgnorantLobster said:

image.png.74ffb7dece090d9dc7a7012ec482f668.png

Surely he should be aiming a little higher than the National League? Ahahaha

The worst part is if you were managing one of those smaller clubs and put in a loan offer for him, they'd expect you to pay half his wages, and 150k a month fee!!

I really appreciate the hard work SI, I really do. However, the through balls over the top are kind of a dealbreaker for me. There’s far too many and the defence is all over the place sometimes. It feels like teams are not comfortable in possession, I like that it’s more unpredictable this year but it’s a little too much imo. Hope it will be a little better when the day one patch comes :)