*Official* Football Manager 2022 Early Access Beta Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, StormenDK said:

Are you supposed to lose all knowledge of a player after 4 weeks of trial?

I have a ton of trialists in the pre-season, and I can see all their attributes after 2-3 weeks, but as soon as they leave the club, they go back to the knowledge level I had prior to the trial. So some of them now show no info at all.

Seems a bit silly :)

I hope this is a bug. In lower league management I have signed players I previously had on trial and not signed at the time, but have gone back and signed them later down the line. I'd have thought all the stats would be visible unless some have drastically changed in the time of the trial ending and my signing him.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't find a bugs thread for this one, so here it comes:

image.png.9a44db14ce4cd6e4374b176a0bc491dc.png

It's in danish, but basically it says that the player rejected my contract offer, but when we negotiated he accepted. I know that he can reject, if he got another offer, but that was not the case. 

Is this a bug, or just unlucky?

Edited by Clausdk

2 hours ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

Something needs to be done about fatigue and injuries.
I'm ok with nerfing Gegenpress, but then, nerf Gegenpress. Don't make stamina and fitness so poor to simulate a Gegenpress nerfing. This affects all styles, not just Gegenpress. A couple of months into the season my players are constantly tired, I rest them 2 days after each game, yet they are barely fit for next game. I have 1 to 2 injuries per game. Most of the times, wing backs. Very rarely do I play a game where I don't have both my wing backs injured.
My assistant manages training (so no reason for it to be too much), and my tactic ask for a bit of intensity, but nothing like Gegenpress.

PS: yes, I know nothing will be done, I just thought it was worth mentioning

Sounds realistic to me. Maybe lay off the intensity and start managing your own training or at the very least take advantage of the rest section.

7 minutes ago, Clausdk said:

Can't find a bugs thread for this one, so here it comes:

image.png.9a44db14ce4cd6e4374b176a0bc491dc.png

It's in danish, but basically it says that the player rejected my contract offer, but when we negotiated he accepted. I know that he can reject, if he got another offer, but that was not the case. 

Is this a bug, or just unlucky?

Please post suspected bugs in the bugs forum - the bug tracker link is here:

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/

18 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Sounds realistic to me. Maybe lay off the intensity and start managing your own training or at the very least take advantage of the rest section.

No it's not realistic. People need to stop prentending like everything is realistic. Everybody plays a decent amount of intensity in football. Yet they don't have players dead after 45 minutes needing 3 days of rest to play next game, and 2 injuries every game

On 23/10/2021 at 15:03, .Supersonic said:

WE WILL ALWAYS CONTINUE TO PLAY 2D ! Hear Our Voice !

The 2D camera angle is getting worse every year. As true FM fans, we will always continue to play 2D. The realism of the old 2D camera angle is decreasing with each passing year.

Look at the realism in 2017, now the 2D camera angle of the FM 22 does not even see the ball.

This got really frustrating...

image.thumb.png.43f6d62898a1f45c83b76825c9ea2a6f.png

I use 2D sometimes and definitely can see the ball in FM22:

image.png.c83f26a68f31467243ea7d271db240b0.png

6 minutes ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

No it's not realistic. People need to stop prentending like everything is realistic. Everybody plays a decent amount of intensity in football. Yet they don't have players dead after 45 minutes needing 3 days of rest to play next game, and 2 injuries every game

You don’t manage your training…You can’t complain about something when you’re not even utilizing the tools you have to combat it.

3 hours ago, Fettucine_Alfredo said:

Something needs to be done about fatigue and injuries.
I'm ok with nerfing Gegenpress, but then, nerf Gegenpress. Don't make stamina and fitness so poor to simulate a Gegenpress nerfing. This affects all styles, not just Gegenpress. A couple of months into the season my players are constantly tired, I rest them 2 days after each game, yet they are barely fit for next game. I have 1 to 2 injuries per game. Most of the times, wing backs. Very rarely do I play a game where I don't have both my wing backs injured.
My assistant manages training (so no reason for it to be too much), and my tactic ask for a bit of intensity, but nothing like Gegenpress.

PS: yes, I know nothing will be done, I just thought it was worth mentioning

You shouldn't be resting players for 2 days after a match, they will lose too much sharpness. Make sure you are rotating your squad when players are tired and if your not sure how to schedule training then its best to leave it to your assistant while you read guides/learn fromxthe preserts because giving your players 2 days rest wont help. Give them a recovery session for example.

5 minutes ago, Platinum said:

You shouldn't be resting players for 2 days after a match, they will lose too much sharpness. Make sure you are rotating your squad when players are tired and if your not sure how to schedule training then its best to leave it to your assistant while you read guides/learn fromxthe preserts because giving your players 2 days rest wont help. Give them a recovery session for example.

to add to that, you need recovery sessions

2 minutes ago, DarJ said:

to add to that, you need recovery sessions

Recovery sessions, decent squad rotation and utilising 60-70th min subs really seem to help.

Unfortunately been finding in Lower League the AI starts players regardless heavily fatigued in Playoff Finals & Cup Matches. So their entire team is in Red Condition early second half or out on their feet if game extends into Extra Time. 

2 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Player fitness and and the intensity they play at has never been greater, nothing realistic about it

2 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

Anyone playing in the Portuguese lower leagues? There appears to be two 3rd Division Norths and no South

image.thumb.png.6aa2434f29166967e01226241d13cc30.png

Please report it in the bug tracker.

2 hours ago, Rooneys 32nd minute headers said:

My issue is that it disappears under the player disk when they have possession of the ball so it vanishes when it's under control, does this happen for everyone or is it a zoom thing?

its def a bug and been reported :)

7 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

My only irks so far would be strikers receiving the ball 30/35 yards out, turning and shooting from distance when there's the space and opportunity for them to run and knock it past/dribble past the defenders. Next ones that come up I will start to compile pkms.

Also it's so refreshing to see players from half angles actually stopping play and turning back and waiting for a runner inside rather than shooting into the side netting. However after seeing it about 30 times in a row there seems to be no balance. In recent years they would always strike, now they always stop play and don't shoot from the half/quarter angles when you'd maybe still expect them to have a dig 30% of the time and convert the odd one into the bottom corner.

Inside forwards also seeming very wide and not inside at all or making penetrating runs for a ball through the centre. 

https://gyazo.com/1536d54f28696991c5342d00d0714d34 - I'd probably expect from that position a striker to not shoot and head and hold up maybe 25% of the time. But I see it about 90% currently :D

Some pages are really lagging. When i want to look at the salary page of the Vanarama North it looks like it crashed, nearly 2 min later the site finally appears (sry for my english).

Reason for looking is something new for me ... i want to buy a player with Telford, and there was a notice in red, that my salaries are over 367 k (???). That was the cap due finacial fairplay. Dont understand this.

grafik.png.06384506439352d812272cc396cf5108.png

Edited by Conardo

3 saat önce, Rooneys 32nd minute headers said:

My issue is that it disappears under the player disk when they have possession of the ball so it vanishes when it's under control, does this happen for everyone or is it a zoom thing?

I have the same problem, the ball sometimes disappears

10 hours ago, harrycarrie said:

1CB with a HB works really well.

17e90b62d7e414d079cf3ec18091224d.png

Absolutely disgusting.

14497d62f7a758cdd5d02fb3860d1dc1.png

When I saw it, I though yeah no way I'm gonna play with this tactic, it's just clearly an exploit.

But our next game was against United in CL. So I just had to see.

03ae97917046f0e76530cdb95c3bc37b.png

def doesn't work against much stronger teams, but rolls over any weaker or similar team

10 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Still got 2 goals against a side several levels above you though, fair play!

Try it at home v them, you might have a chance. There's always a tough away bias.

b273102e43f7a1ca0a3571d9dc4e9767.png

Def not gonna use that above tactic again, this was the score with my regular 4-3-3.

Though with players that have better natural fitness, stamina and work rate, I could see that tactic winning against much much larger opponents.

3 minutes ago, (sic) said:

b273102e43f7a1ca0a3571d9dc4e9767.png

Def not gonna use that above tactic again, this was the score with my regular 4-3-3.

Though with players that have better natural fitness, stamina and work rate, I could see that tactic winning against much much larger opponents.

Agreed. Its defensively a shambles (unless you have Varane!) but get quick WBs (you can play wingers in that position, defensive capability doesn't matter) and three strikers with decent heading and jumping reach and the AI can't do anything. Float crosses, and press hard. Easy street in this ME. Poulsen and Isak scoring for fun. Poulsen is just ridiculous.

I'm Sociedad right now, lost 1 match where my goalie got a 6.2, and blitzed everyone else with 25-40 shots a game. Every ME has similar exploits sadly.

Edited by harrycarrie

To be fair I'm not that bothered about exploit tactics like that where the solution is simply not to use it. 

Only problem is if SI intend to promote multiplayer with this Versus mode. God knows what happens if both teams use that tactic!

8 hours ago, IgnorantLobster said:

Rashford has just come to me and said he is unhappy with the amount of gametime he has been getting - however he has been injured from the start of the season and this is the first game in which he is fit. Perhaps something to look at as it's not realistic for a player to be upset about not getting picked when they are injured. 

This has been reported and will be fixed in later updates

11 hours ago, Piksi#10 said:

An exploit tactic if ever I saw one. Ridiculous.

IRL you'd get picked apart by Fulham and the scoreline might end up the other way around.

If this "makeshift back three" still positions the way it did -- all SI needed to code was an actual AI database which formation works actually "best" against which other one (whilst we're talking about possible AI improvements...). Because on previous releases, all the AI needed to do was fielding a three forward formation, as the wide forwards would just sit in all those giant half spaces opening up between a pairing of LB/ WB   ---- CB ---- RB/WB. On that prior release, somebody reported like 7-1 cup win in the first leg, and a 8-0 AI comeback in the second (not made up, btw). This was connected to a very similar formation -- however, the AI manager in the 2nd leg chosing its "prefered attacking formation" in the db in a desperate attempt to get back in the tie (lol). By research, this happened to be a 3 central forward formation... Already in the first attack from kick off, it was like high danger. :D 

hFiL2gc.jpg

(However, SI may not be interested in punishing their players too much). ;)  Which could still randomly frustrate them as there for sure are AIs prefereing 3 central forwards.

Edited by Svenc

13 hours ago, SmurfDude said:

I'm puzzled by all the talk about lack of central play. I can see loads of play going through the center. It ends up out wide a lot just as it does in real life, as that's often where the most space is. But it still often lands back around the center where I'm seeing plenty of attempts at through balls. Not saying there isn't any issue, just that if there is it's certainly not glaringly obvious to me. Admittedly I'm a casual player and don't delve too deep in to things, but I have been watching football for over 30 years and in every single version prior to this I've noticed obvious issues. But this year the ME plays out the most realistic simulation of football I've seen in any football game so far. It really is quite satisfying to sit back and watch the matches unfold. 

I think a lot of people dont realise that these days because a lot of teams play a high block/high press type of game - you will absolutely see a lot more play around the flanks. 

49 minutes ago, _neallyons_ said:

I think a lot of people dont realise that these days because a lot of teams play a high block/high press type of game - you will absolutely see a lot more play around the flanks. 

It's one thing for the ball to end up in wide areas, but not to this extent. What I've noticed is that a lot of times when a wide player receives the ball they just run along the byline if they are an IW. IF and AP are a bit different but they also have other functions, an IF is almost an AF that starts wide, if you want someone just cutting inside and operating in half spaces now, the only choice are the AP and Treq roles which obviously don't fit most wide players.

What you had previously AND in real life wasn't so much a reviving of the central zone but an increase in importance of the Half spaces. That valorization is gone so of 5 corridors to explore the only viable now are the wings.

An issue that i saw a lot of times is when the IW players have the ball not only don't they cut inside but if they hold it they don't get support, instead, CM run into the area (no, they don't have get into opposition box trait) and WB hang way to further back because they don't see space to do overlap for some reason

The centre of the pitch fills way more congested than it should be and player (in my experience) are far too eager to make long passes even if they make zero sense and go against instructions (once again, no trait that would incentivise this). I said in my reply to the thread that it felt like FM20 and that's because it does (a friend of mine who had skipped 21 said the same thing), there are changes obviously, but the issues are there, the ME improvements last year were by far the best thing to happen to the game in years and it was fun (a bit too many lob shots), you could play different styles of play but right now (And i doubt SI will leave it as is) it feels like 9 out of 10 highlights is just good old english run to the corner and cross.

Edited by DB Wit

54 minutes ago, balldoktor81 said:

the passing completion % is just out of this world... way too high... i hope it gets fixed before the realease...

The best way to get it fixed is to post the issue on the bugtracker and provide pkm replay files of matches and copies of your save for SI to review.

It may just be me, but at the start of a save game it feels like an awful lot of youngsters (players with unset determination in general) are generating with low determination. In previous iterations there would be a few players that would start with low determination, but this year feels like at least half of my youth squad have < 10 determination. I just feel like the distribution of determinations of players in youth squads (with unset determination) is very low when I would say most players on the game have a determination of above 10. I know determination can be increased but it's just a bit frustrating when half of your youth team has lower determination than pretty much all my first team. For example, this is the arsenal u18's at the start of a game.

Screenshot 2021-10-25 at 02.15.12.png

Edited by owenFM99