Match 35 & 36 France vs Portugal Live from the Ferenc Puskás Stadium (BBC One) & Germany vs Hungary Live from the Allianz Arena (BBC2) thread

thefmveteran86

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, thefmveteran86 said:

France and Hungary for me, kicking the Germans out

I'm not siding with the nazis (Hungary). Surely they have to face some sort of sanctions for the homophobic banner they're waving about

1 minute ago, Heartwork said:

I'm not siding with the nazis (Hungary). Surely they have to face some sort of sanctions for the homophobic banner they're waving about

They will. 

Swift and decisive action at the hands of the English in the last 16. 

2 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

Results go our way and we draw Hungary, they then kicked out and we get a bye to the quarters.

Footballs on its way home.

I mean, I know Jenas often isn't great at all, but he's getting a lot of grief for this penalty thing when I think he called it all pretty accurately?

Said straight off the bat he thought it was a foul, praised the referee for giving it, then said he could see why Lloris would want VAR to intervene as in his mind he got contact on the ball, but that it was reckless and definitely a foul. Don't think he defended Lloris at all :D 

2 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Even by Germany's standards, it would be quite some screw-up to finish 4th in what many people thought was a 3-team group.

1 minute ago, Haguey said:

Shades of England-Uruguay-italy-Costa Rica group at the 2014 WC, where everyone else forgot there was a 4th team in that group.

And of course, there's the reminder that we did EXACTLY that seven years ago. :(