England vs Iceland - 8pm ITV

Rebs

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why, because they couldn't make a 4-2-1-3 starfish formation work?

More because they couldn't string two passes together, show any real desire or movement to get on the ball, half-hearted long balls and cross, and some brainless defending that led to the 2 goals.

Well I recall you guys calling us stupid for scoring against Austria because we would end up facing you.

Guess you didn't realize Iceland is better than England :D

To be fair it was because they went into the harder side of the draw not because they were playing us. Most England fans know better after watching them balls it up for 20 years. :) Well played your team though.

Rashford and Vardy ended up being two of the best players on the night. Sums up the rest of them. Abysmal.

For me Vardy's the only one in that game who can come out with any kind of credibility. he was chasing everything, when everyone elses head had already gone.

Hart not saving that second goal is a joke.

Rashford on on 84, and doing more then Sterling did in however long he was ******** the pitch up.

all woy did all game was stand there rubbing his ****ing chin

This. Would love Hart to retire from intls.

Don't understand why the belief is that you compress play into the final third and then just stand still. At 1-1 England could've easily dropped deeper themselves, played the ball around and tried to lure Iceland further up the field - if Iceland don't want to move then so be it just make it a boring game. All that pace through the side and its useless because the game is condensed so tightly.

I'm glad though because as poor as Hart was in goal, again for me as defenders, Smalling and Cahill left so much to be desired. Too afraid to make the challenge when it really counted. I'm confident Shawcross in Cahill's position would've stopped the shot from happening, but I'm much happier with Stoke players not being called up.

Probably won't turn up untill Friday because of the party in Iceland :D

Icelander needs to forget what he said about international football and come on here to congratulate his country's team. :) He should be proud of them.

Well played Iceland. I've said time and time again a half decent manager can work England out.

People saying there's no urgency or playing direct. Come on it's Roy Hodgson he doesn't know anything other than slow game killing tactics.

He should have gone after the world cup.

He should have gone 2 years ago. A joke that he has been allowed to replicate another clueless tournament.

Why do the press keep saying what a nice man he is. He might be but we knew he wasnt good enough before he took over but sadly he has been poorer than we even imagined.

Archived