Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The goals scored from crosses seems to be reduced now which is a good change (even though it destroyed my tactic before I had chance to have a record breaking season and get to post in the records thread!) but the manner in which its done doesn't look too realistic, so far at least. It seems the crosses can & will still be pinged in with the same abundance as before, and players will still get on the end of them with relative ease but the keeper will then pull off a fantastic save.

On another note, there does seem to be more of a distinction between teams with good technical players and those with not so good technical players, before I was seeing most teams in games I was involved in, averaging around 350-400 passes per game and about a 75% completion rate, since the change I noticed almost immediately that the passing of the team I was using (Man Utd) going up to around 500+ passes per game and accuracy between 82-86% while other teams were seeing their success rates drop down to around 70% or less.

Question about the hotfix:

"Some instances of parrying the ball into goal"

"Not kicking the ball quickly when being closed down"

Does this mean the above will never happen ever again? Because, you know, keepers do make those mistakes. Rare as they are, but they happen. I set my players to close down the keeper in hope of at some point nicking the ball off him, which does happen from time to time, like Alexis Sanchez against Sunderland. There have been instances where keepers parry the ball into their goal too, like Rob Green at the 2010 world cup against USA. Do the changes mean keepers will never make these mistakes again?

Guest El Payaso

The flanks are quite a bit better now yes, not perfect but better. Now what should be done is the midfield area where there is too much time and space to pass and keep hold of the ball. Only played two games with the update so far but seeing loads of attacking build-ups where team combine 10-20 short passes with slow tempo through the midfield and it ends up in a scoring chance or at least shot. Dispossessions in midfield area are still far too rare and it still seems like a playground (yeah said this a million times but still...).

Corners still seem to be threatening all the time.

Nothing has changed in regards to saving mechanism of the game - can you try verifying your cache and see if it makes any difference? - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#verify-cache

Let me know either way, thanks.

Hi mate - verifying cache hasn't helped for me. Taking 3-4 minutes pre-patch, still a fair bit longer than previous FMs, and now I'm probably around about the 7-10 minute mark.

Hi mate - verifying cache hasn't helped for me. Taking 3-4 minutes pre-patch, still a fair bit longer than previous FMs, and now I'm probably around about the 7-10 minute mark.

Bare in mind, the longer you play a save, the larger the file becomes and will indeed take longer to save... 7 minutes seems rather long though.. what's your pc specs like?

Question about the hotfix:

"Some instances of parrying the ball into goal"

"Not kicking the ball quickly when being closed down"

Does this mean the above will never happen ever again? Because, you know, keepers do make those mistakes. Rare as they are, but they happen. I set my players to close down the keeper in hope of at some point nicking the ball off him, which does happen from time to time, like Alexis Sanchez against Sunderland. There have been instances where keepers parry the ball into their goal too, like Rob Green at the 2010 world cup against USA. Do the changes mean keepers will never make these mistakes again?

Rest assured they can still happen, but hopefully in more realistic circumstances now.

Yes same here,the green bar gets to 3/4 of the way full and hangs for 2-3 minutes.

I have played the DEMO and I have to say what have you done to this game? Why have you messed up the tactical screen so much. Its not any better than last year, its far far worse and annoying. You have also made some things two-clicks now instead of the one click they used to be. How is that an advancement? Do you guys even know how annoying it is to have to get to grips with a new lay out every single year, and this is by far the worst iteration you have done.

I can't personally tell you anymore because after 1 match I give up already, I just wish you guys would offer a database upgrade for 2014 for £9.99. I'm sorry I cannot buy this game this year. Its a mess and you guys are in need of some competition by the looks of it. This is the first FM game in nearly a decade in which I can say is terrible and that is a shame. I'm shocked at how bad it is.

Yes same here,the green bar gets to 3/4 of the way full and hangs for 2-3 minutes.

Same for me. And with starting a new game in FM15 with first save it takes longer to save the game than my 10 years career in FM14. The final third of saving takes 2-3 minutes while at the beginning it is like 20-30 seconds.

Intel Core2Duo 2.8GHZ

4GB RAM

HD - 5400rpm some toshiba not ssd

Same problem here: It took like 30-40 seconds to save a game pre-update, now it takes 140 seconds. I even reinstalled the game completly. Still, the issue remains.

AMD FX-6300 4.0GHz

8GB DDR3 1866 MHz

SSD Corsair Sata3 - Game runs on SSD

nVIDIA GTX 650Ti

As you can see, this is not some old PC that cant handle the game. After the update, the saving game time just exploded.

i have an i7, 16gb, 750gb 7200rpm hd. Ive played into big seasons with previous FMS, and this version before the new patch. And the saving is 70% slower than before. I do have 250,000 player DB, with graphics and icon add-ons, but this has never been a problem before. I am also playing with a save based on the full release.

A first feedback of the ME:

- the build up is really nice, various and quite realistic, but...

- defending is ridicolous

- long shooting is ridicolous (both under a frequency point of view and an accuracy point of view)

- goolkeeping is quite bad, expecially against long shoots

- set pieces are too effective as usually

- all the above result in unrealistic scores...

Overall, a 6+ vote for the current ME version...

Sounds like that was with the previous 15.1.1 version? Or are you saying that about 15.1.3?

SI is fixing the most reported ME issues pretty darn fast. Good work, keep it up! :thup:

Why the thumbs up? Seriously it is consumers like you who are half to blame for the 'Release Now, Fix Later' sorry state of affairs this entire industry is in. You thumbs up for them fixing stuff that should of been fixed before release. lol ok then.

It's hard to find what is right. :rolleyes: And I posted some updates. But to fix all - it would take some time.

Fella, you weren't asked to find what was right, it was suggested you confirm what is wrong and why. If no-one does this it will be the same next year

Good luck with getting the Latvia licence also

I refuse to believe the players would behave the way they do at times. I started with Colwyn Bay and in the first chat with my players I tell them we have enough about us and should aim for mid-table at least this season (battle against relegation is predicted), most of them reject this idea and turn against me saying I am unrealistic. Surely players in real life wouldn't react to a new manager giving them a confidence boost? Possibly if you get a small club to the Premier League but this is the Conference North, anything could happen.

I refuse to believe the players would behave the way they do at times. I started with Colwyn Bay and in the first chat with my players I tell them we have enough about us and should aim for mid-table at least this season (battle against relegation is predicted), most of them reject this idea and turn against me saying I am unrealistic. Surely players in real life wouldn't react to a new manager giving them a confidence boost? Possibly if you get a small club to the Premier League but this is the Conference North, anything could happen.

I know if I told my lads down the training ground that I, as manager wanted to go above and beyond expectations, they'd be pretty stressed by the pressure... and that's sunday league stuff.

Nothing has changed in regards to saving mechanism of the game - can you try verifying your cache and see if it makes any difference? - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/201580562-How-to-Do#verify-cache

Let me know either way, thanks.

Quite surprised to hear that Neil.

Before this hotfix the save bar would go up to about 75% and hold there for about 45 seconds and then it would finish saving.

Now the save bar goes up to about 10% and holds there for about 40 seconds and then goes to about 75% and holds there for about 45 seconds and then finishes saving, it certainly appears to be slower than before, before the hotfix it was also slower than in previous FMs.

Can anyone help tell me how to post screenshots? I have a couple of bugs that I have posted in the bugs forum but I am unable to upload my pkm (Im pretty sure I followed the instructions exactly) and also I cannot upload a screen shot either? After I upload the file in the dialog box a red circle appears next to the screenshot file saying 'undefined'... HELP

Bare in mind, the longer you play a save, the larger the file becomes and will indeed take longer to save... 7 minutes seems rather long though.. what's your pc specs like?

I'm in August of the first season, mate. I run a fairly big DB, but come on - seven minutes? Note that before the patch we were talking 3-4 minutes which was still worse than FM14. Don't mean to sound like I'm moaning or that just want to make it clear I'm not running a scrapheap haha.

I've got a fairly powerful PC - can run just about anything I attempt on it;

Radeon HD 5570

8GB RAM

2.7Ghz Quadcore AMD A6-3670

After this hotfix, saving times are even longer. It used to be annoying, now it's ridiculous. I find myself avoiding saving, unless I'm going to make dinner or something anyway. Win7, Core i7 920 processor, 12GB RAM, saving to a Intel SSD in good condition and with plenty of free space.

Just logged in to thank you guys for the hotfix, came faster than expected and fixes exactly what made it unplayable for me! Now my holidays are sorted!

Same here, well done lads, much improved match engine. Seeing a wider range of goal styles, keepers behaving better and fewer injuries. Appreciate all the work that has went into the hot

fix! :)

Can anyone help tell me how to post screenshots? I have a couple of bugs that I have posted in the bugs forum but I am unable to upload my pkm (Im pretty sure I followed the instructions exactly) and also I cannot upload a screen shot either? After I upload the file in the dialog box a red circle appears next to the screenshot file saying 'undefined'... HELP

It's explained in the FAQ that you need to upload screenshots to an external site and paste the link here to embed.

PKMs are what's really needed though. All the instructions are in FTP Details. :thup:

just held my staff meeting,captain meeting and team meeting and iv noticed all my tones are "passionately" even though i chose others like "calm", has this happened to anyone else?

Yes happened to me too I chose to speak calm but when I look back at my conversation history they are all passionately.

good job on the update SI: really happy the team selecting page has changed :)

What I would like would be the ability to edit a scouts assignment instead of having to delete an start a fresh

i.e change age range as I want to downgrade current age of 19 to 18 but will now have to delete the overall assignment

was in great form with southampton, sitting third, solid defence...

first game after update, opposition had 7 shots on target in the first 25 mins and im losing 7-0... my keeper ran out 30 yards no where near the opposition striker and let the ball be walked in to the net.

Ive gone from conceding 7 goals in 12 games to 7 goals in the first half... i hope this isnt a sign of things to come because it was unplayable at times before the update, this would make it no use what so ever

On the phone to the police as I type this, I have just been robbed!!

33 shots at goal to the other teams 2 shots, game ends 0-0 and we get beaten on penalties!

Loving the new update, open play is a lot better and the goalkeeper no longer seems a waste of selection.

Also nice to see not every second goal is a scorcher from 30 yards, just now and again so far.

was in great form with southampton, sitting third, solid defence...

first game after update, opposition had 7 shots on target in the first 25 mins and im losing 7-0... my keeper ran out 30 yards no where near the opposition striker and let the ball be walked in to the net.

Ive gone from conceding 7 goals in 12 games to 7 goals in the first half... i hope this isnt a sign of things to come because it was unplayable at times before the update, this would make it no use what so ever

Could you upload that match please to the Bugs Forum? 7 goals from 7 shots in 25 minutes seems hugely improbable.

Archived