Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

One thing i'm seeing a lot of, and have been since FM 14 is the keeper parrying shots into his own goal... does anyone else experience this or do i seem to be the only one? Seems to happen when a player takes a shot from an angle in or around the box, straight at the keeper and it just rebounds in. Can't believe this is still present in FM15.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen some tweak doing the rounds which adds Role / Duty to the tactics screen, so it's probably legitimate.

Well, this looks quite unrealistic. As if Mourinho knew in advance which roles would Guardiola pick. On the other hand, if the accuracy of the roles depends on the scouts, than this is fantastic.

Greetings to SI, Football Manager team and fans,

Few days ago I decided to give Football Manager 15 Demo a try. I like what I see to a certain point but I want to see more in order to buy the game.

So here are my requests or needs for

the future of this series and I am sure they will attract other fans to this series and I hope you won't choose to be conservative about it:

1. Players should have an overall level for their favourite positions, you already have an option to highlight the player's attributes for these positions, why let the series players calculate or create their own algorithm which might be inaccurate, create the algorithm for each position based on the player skills and supply the level at least as an option, your competition until last year did that and had the option to play with or without, I know they are not on the market anymore but that doesn't mean you should limit yourselves to one way of doing things.

2. Players should have their level for a number of positions they are used to very well at full potential and others that they have the ability to play in but they are not yet used to.

3. The algorithms for the overall level should be visible and each attribute should be allocated a percentage for the position you are checking to see if a player is suited to play in.

4. Add the option to create a club, create kit, team logo and all the implications of creating a club.

5. Unlimited seasons. Why have a 30 year limit? Increase please!

6. This goes without saying for me, overall rating should be the same for everybody, not like the star system that you have right now that is according to the team.

7. Own a club or buy a club when you make sufficient money, or create a club when you have sufficient money after starting a career.

8. Faces, the graphic part that puts the cherry on the cake for me. Faces like in reality, creating them, seeing them when the player scores a goal, when he is defending, when he gives a throw in is superb. I was a face maker for Fifa series, I've never been for a football management series, would love to...

9. Spreadsheets and financial tools to give you an image of what you are doing especially when you own the club and options to make budgets for each little thing.

10. Would be nice to get a message to know if any of this will be at least proposed. I don't want to wait around. You either want my money or you don't. There are other people that love the things above mentioned, for sure. So meet some new needs if you can and want to do so. I'll be the first to buy when I see on the main website page "new overall level system".

1. They already do, it's just not visible. The whole point is to let you make your own judgements, not hand it to you.

2. See 1.

3. Again, see 1.

4. You already can, through a combination of the editor, and basic graphics/XML editing

5. Eh? The game is already unlimited.

6. Again, this is spoonfeeding, most would be massively against that. There is a number like this available, but it is, again, hidden

7. Been mentioned before, most were against, probably not an area SI are ever going to go into

8. Player faces are already created for the profile. The ME will never be detailed enough to show faces in a match in detail due to licensing issues.

9. Could probably go into more detail with finances, agree

10. You're going to be disappointed - the first you'll find out if any of your "ideas" get put into practice will be when they announce the features for the game it's in.

just less frequently than before and in more acceptable ways than before. It's clearly a hot topic and massively subjective, as can be seen by the comments in here.

Really? I still win (and lose) games 6-2 with the majority of goals being crosses. Honestly since the update i've seen less attempts at crosses in highlights but realistically i see the same amount of goals ending up from them, and a new one for me is the striker hitting the post, rebounding back out and then having a simple tap in.

I am in the process of collecting PKMs.

I think this is not a bug, so I will write it here.. I started this save game in Beta, and after 3 seasons with Benfica (Portugal), I had Grimaldo from Barcelona on loan for the last 3 seasons. I went to check club information, and Grimaldo is a Legend of the club alongside with Eusébio!! He is not a bad player, the reason why I loan him again and again, but a Legend compared to Eusébio... :D

Really? I still win (and lose) games 6-2 with the majority of goals being crosses. Honestly since the update i've seen less attempts at crosses in highlights but realistically i see the same amount of goals ending up from them, and a new one for me is the striker hitting the post, rebounding back out and then having a simple tap in.

I am in the process of collecting PKMs.

This is the problem - I'm generally experiencing 2-1 wins with the majority of my goals coming from through balls down the middle. Who's right? Who's wrong? Different people experience different things based on how their systems are set up and how they react in game, and that's exactly why we always urge people to upload .pkm files - so your examples will be most welcome.

1. Players should have an overall level for their favourite positions, you already have an option to highlight the player's attributes for these positions, why let the series players calculate or create their own algorithm which might be inaccurate, create the algorithm for each position based on the player skills and supply the level at least as an option, your competition until last year did that and had the option to play with or without, I know they are not on the market anymore but that doesn't mean you should limit yourselves to one way of doing things.

There is already an overall level for each player.

2. Players should have their level for a number of positions they are used to very well at full potential and others that they have the ability to play in but they are not yet used to.

3. The algorithms for the overall level should be visible and each attribute should be allocated a percentage for the position you are checking to see if a player is suited to play in.

Why should it be visible? It's an unknown quantity in real football and should be in game too.. otherwise.. what's the point of scouting?

4. Add the option to create a club, create kit, team logo and all the implications of creating a club.

Already in.. has been for many years.

5. Unlimited seasons. Why have a 30 year limit? Increase please

There is no limit...

6. This goes without saying for me, overall rating should be the same for everybody, not like the star system that you have right now that is according to the team.

Of course it is different each time, each scout you use will have a different view on things... like in real life

7. Own a club or buy a club when you make sufficient money, or create a club when you have sufficient money after starting a career.

Football Manager

8. Faces, the graphic part that puts the cherry on the cake for me. Faces like in reality, creating them, seeing them when the player scores a goal, when he is defending, when he gives a throw in is superb. I was a face maker for Fifa series, I've never been for a football management series, would love to...

This is a football simulation, while the 3d is improving, it isn't integral or a priority, certainly not down to the detail of faces (which would require the licencing)

9. Spreadsheets and financial tools to give you an image of what you are doing especially when you own the club and options to make budgets for each little thing.

10. Would be nice to get a message to know if any of this will be at least proposed. I don't want to wait around. You either want my money or you don't. There are other people that love the things above mentioned, for sure. So meet some new needs if you can and want to do so. I'll be the first to buy when I see on the main website page "new overall level system".

On the whole, I think you've missed the point of a football management simulation game.. It seems you just want it to be fifa?

as above

Ok , the new hotfix make the defence too unrealistically strong, and here is the proof

BtCMswl.jpg

Above is pic , on the right column shows the premier league top 7 tackles won rates the highest is 79.5, which is man city.

EemjYZs.jpg

Above is the top tacklers in preimer leauge so far, its 75%?

and then in FM new patch:

played 10 games + , the tackle rate on the winner side is extremely unreal:

dMA1Nim.jpg

NZppskI.jpg

IiPgDhh.jpg

As you can see, the tackle rate is unbelivably 92+%. This is simply so unreal, and even though SI has published a quick fix, and the fix did reduce the cross score bug, however, it made the defence went to the other extreme direction.

Maybe it would be helpful if people who still complain about crosses would name the league they are playing in, what tactic they use and how good their defenders are. I had major issues before the hotfix as well, but I knew that my players were excellent (defense is the first thing I try to improve) and my tactics were also good. And I think the crossing issue has improved significantly. I mean the full backs are way better, they are actually doing something as before they just stood there watching the opponent.

What I would like to know: Has the AI the same restrictions regarding budgets as a human player? In my liverpool save, my transfer budget was always around 30 million € and they even cut my transfer revenue back to 30%. In another save I see Liverpool throwing cash left and right, I think they had spent around 100mil€ for new players.

Match engine is a lot more enjoyable now, some nice build up play and not everyone just rushes out wide every time. Crosses have not been completely nerfed, which is the correct thing to do, but they are much less effective which hopefully should bring the goal count down a wee bit.

There must have been a change to the ball and the match graphics in general, now much much easier to see everything.

Outwith the slow saving im really happy. The only thing id want changed is those bloody drop down menu's, so annoying, but a big thumbs up from me.

Superfi, I think you'll find that the definition of what counts as a tackle in FM differs from the website you looked at.
to be more specific, what is the difference? because before the hotfix, i noticed the rate was about right, its around 75-78%. After the update , its 90%+.

I want to easly decide on a 1 to 20 as the attributes are between a player that is 16 as a left wing back and 18 as a left back and a player that is 16 as a left back and 18 as a Left Wing Back I want to have control over buying a player suited to my team's needs and tactics without having to guess. An overall system is needed at least as an option at the begining of the game.

And of course with the potential 1-20 as well.

to be more specific, what is the difference? because before the hotfix, i noticed the rate was about right, its around 75-78%. After the update , its 90%+.

Tackle count in FM is higher because it cannot simulate things like leaning into players, shoulder charges etc. properly. As it can't do it (due to limitations in the platform itself) the solution is FM is to force the player to make a tackle. It's as simple as that. Comparing stats from any website to the tackling in FM is not comparing like for like.

I want to easly decide on a 1 to 20 as the attributes are between a player that is 16 as a left wing back and 18 as a left back and a player that is 16 as a left back and 18 as a Left Wing Back I want to have control over buying a player suited to my team's needs and tactics without having to guess. An overall system is needed at least as an option at the begining of the game.

And of course with the potential 1-20 as well.

If I understand what you are saying.. you want it clearly visible just how good a player is at a role? .. without scouting him, without watching him play a few games etc?

What would be the point of playing at all?

I understand the need for such a system in a more simple game like Fifa etc.. but surely the whole point of a simulation is that you would need to scout the player over a period of time to assess him yourself?

15.1.3 ME is really better than before, i'm enjoying it, but now we have the issue of the slow savegames

That'll be resolved, and while the ME is better we still need examples of where it needs to improve even more.

Assess, scout everything that is needed but the final result to be a figure. As the attributes range when a player is not scouted properly so should the overall level of the player be at first 15-19 for the example above. After scouting you see he is 16 there 18 there...

Assess, scout everything that is needed but the final result to be a figure. As the attributes range when a player is not scouted properly so should the overall level of the player be at first 15-19 for the example above. After scouting you see he is 16 there 18 there...

I understand where your coming from, don't get me wrong, but the vast majority of players prefer the system the way it is, rather than the fifa way of a "overall" score from 0-100. So i highly doubt SI would implement that. But you never know.

That's over simplifying it by a long way though.. again, this isn't fifa.

Reducing a player's role in your team right down to a definitive 16/20 would make it way to arbitrary and frankly, boring imo.

Ok now that I said it another year of waiting for me for the next big thing in football management because it would be a miracle if they put an overall level for this year...

Fm's overall level system is the star system.. I see no reason why they would change it..

But again, thanks for the feedback

But one of the options when they talk to you is to say "You're not match fit yet" or "you're just coming back from an injury".

While it's reasonable to expect them to always say "good point boss", and it's equally reasonable for them not to get upset or annoyed in the first place... if you imagine it as real instead of a game: they're footballers. They want to play football. In fact, they should be annoyed. Perhaps they think they're fitter than they actually are (and on this topic: I right now am recovering from a bout of sinusitis. To be honest I think I should be feeling better than I am right now and just got really frustrated at getting out of breath running up the stairs - it isn't reasonable of me, but it's still there!). That leads into: perhaps they're just frustrated at being injured and not feeling especially reasonable right now.

Whatever the case, reasonably, when you tell them they're not ready yet, they should probably put their hands up and say fair dos! Was just frustrated, boss. I'll work on getting my fitness back!

But to be realistic, sometimes... people aren't reasonable. ;) So they shouldn't always do that, either!

Yeah but I don't get that option, because the reason they miss matches isn't logged as 'injured' just 'not selected'. Which just compounds issues. :(

Ok , the new hotfix make the defence too unrealistically strong, and here is the proof

BtCMswl.jpg

Above is pic , on the right column shows the premier league top 7 tackles won rates the highest is 79.5, which is man city.

EemjYZs.jpg

Above is the top tacklers in preimer leauge so far, its 75%?

and then in FM new patch:

played 10 games + , the tackle rate on the winner side is extremely unreal:

dMA1Nim.jpg

NZppskI.jpg

IiPgDhh.jpg

As you can see, the tackle rate is unbelivably 92+%. This is simply so unreal, and even though SI has published a quick fix, and the fix did reduce the cross score bug, however, it made the defence went to the other extreme direction.

Those are individual games and you can't take too much from those. Are you able to go the stats page for the league and find the numbers of tackles per game. Should be Stats>Players>Tackles per game.

Thanks.

Guest El Payaso

Yeah, really good defending when one team is allowed to have 7 CCCs...

Got a few more games with the new hotfix and gotta say that the midfield area isn't just quite bad, it is poor. Someone already mentioned the pass-pass-pass-thing and that the midfield should be more like a battle ground. Spot on!

It's propably my tactics but I went to an away game with philosophy that I always had 6 players under the ball and lined 3 defensive minded midfielders as it seemed that they are going to try and control the game through middle. Result was that I always had those players under the ball but still they walked through the defensive minded midfield of mine with ease and we allowed 7 CCCs for them... Most of the times they were attacking with 3-4 players against my six and still ended up getting shots either on or off target from those 'attacking moves.'

I've already said it that it is more than okay for me to lose but really... That isn't how they should beat me. And on the other hand I'm doing the same thing in matches where I am controlling the game. Just not rewarding or has nothing to do with real football really.

Anyone else struggling with long shots in the lower leagues? I've played 9 games so far this season in the Conference South, there's been 11 goals in my games, both for and against, from at least 25 yards. Absolute worldies into the corners. Not sure if just good and bad luck or potentially a bug so thought I'd ask in here first. Other than that it's been great!

Anyone else struggling with long shots in the lower leagues? I've played 9 games so far this season in the Conference South, there's been 11 goals in my games, both for and against, from at least 25 yards. Absolute worldies into the corners. Not sure if just good and bad luck or potentially a bug so thought I'd ask in here first. Other than that it's been great!

That's actually something I've noticed too. Getting a lot of goals from long shots scored against me. However I did indeed play conservatively allowing space only outside the area so it kind of makes some sense. Noticed a reduction when we came out of our shell, so to speak :)

Some strange end of year awards since the new patch. Halfway through season 1 (Jan 2015) and Ribery wins the ballon d'or with Messi 2nd and Ronaldo 3rd. That's strange enough but then there's the world best XI which contains none of these three players. So FIFA somehow chose the three best players in the world, and then determined that they did not merit a place in the best team. Bit odd.

Could you please post here, uploading a save game to our FTP before the awards are handed out? Thanks.

Initial feedback from the hotfix:

- Not having any issue with save time.

- Only played 4 friendlies so not even close to a decent sample size but results were L3-1 W3-0 W3-0 D2-2

- So 14 goals scored in total. 1 from a cross(for me) and 1 from a corner (against me). This despite me utilising two v quick and good crossing wingers and a big lump of target man!

- More play through the middle but clever use of wings as my tactic calls for

- Goalkeepers better reaction times but still some work to be done here

- Midfield not aggressive enough in winning possession

- Not had any issue with too many long shots but possibly due to me using PI's to 'shoot less often' for everyone in midfield and attack

- Goalkeeper distribution not making sense. Mine is set to 'roll it out' to playmaker (I use a DLP/S at DM) yet more often than not the keeper's hoofing it at the target man. Not sure if the target man is causing the keeper to decide to lump it but it really doesn't fit with my instructions (retain possession; play out of defence and the said keepers instructions)

- AMR/AML seem to be doing a bit more work on defensive side.

- Widgets still maximising after replays - annoying but not game breaking

Will update with more once I get the chance.

Not sure if its an issue or if its something im doing wrong. Playing as Rhyl in the Welsh Premier League and trying to sign a player on a free transfer. It asked me to talk to him to try and persuade him into contract negotiations so I told him that he could become an icon or legend at the club. He responded by saying that he likes the sound of that. I go to offer him a contract but hes still not interested. Why is he leading me on!

Since the recent update i have noticed the amount of corners has gone up, mainly due to the fact that crosses are now getting blocked more to try and stop loads of goals coming from crosses. I still feel there are too many crosses being attempted in the game (in my last game my team attempted a whopping 50 crosses and only 2 found an attacker. tumblr_nevjgbdhDm1r1ut21o1_1280.jpg

Also my saves are much slower since the update. I noticed they were slow before but they seem quite a bit longer now

Good to know. Is there any time frame for a fix or is it just a "wait and see" thing?

Any idea what is causing it?

It's always wait and see, I've some ideas of what the cause might be but I could be completely wrong :) main thing is it'll get fixed.

How are the injuries since the last patch? I haven't played with the new patch yet but prior to this patch I would usually get at least 1 injury per game or some times 3-5 injuries in a single game.

Didn't have an issue with crosses before the update, don't have one now

Didin't have an issue with corner conversion rates before the update, don't have one now

Didn't really have any issue wit GK errors before the update inasmuch as there were errors but not all the time, and it's the same after the update

Didn't have an issue with injuries before the update, seven game days after the update, I had seven injuries, considerably more than I've had at any one time in three seasons. But I'll put that down to sheer coincidence for now, and monitor it going forward. In the two matches I've played since, I've not had any more and most of the ones I had are starting to clear up.

Save game times were slow before, they're painfully slow now, but it's not gamebreaking, although having had a cheeky wee game before work this morning, I was more in a rush to get my bus than usual due to it taking ages to save, although that's my fault for cutting it so fine.

The parts of the game I do have issues with, ie dot sizes in 2D view changing during the game to be too small, not having players at a club you've just left managing with full attributes anymore, the un-user friendliness of the tactics screen and slighly suspect defensive AI in the ME are just the same as they've been since beta, and I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon, apart from maybe the latter in a future update.

So overall for me, my game experience in this year's version is good as ever. and none of the subsequent updates since the first beta release have significantly changed the experience. Nor have I had to alter anything tactically, which is always nice.

Good work again chaps. Mostly...

Archived