Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

A minor issue, but an annoyance nonetheless: Playing as Bayern, have £200m in the bank, £17m transfer budget, and having my scouts tell me that the club "cannot afford" players who would be available for less than £1m :confused:

I have noticed this too but I must admit I've not really checked to see if it's been reported as a bug or not.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought of something...

Is there a reason why only the English division gets a monthly awards news items? Manager of month, player of month, young player of the month.

Surely this can be EASILY replicated for at lest the top 5 european leagues. I mean with the match engine being so fast paced cross orientated and terrible defending my question is do the SI team only watch the premiership?

As an example the way Serie A is played is much more tactical orientated with slower build up play based on technique and possesion, or a much more compact and counter approach for the more provincial sides, and certainly a lot less fast winger orientated than Premiership.

I mean fine have this style of play for premiership but surely other leagues should have their own feel for how most of the teams in that country plays

There have been thirteen 0-0 draws out of 207 games played so far, which feels low to me, although I don't know how this tallies with reality.

League One last year: 39 draws out of 552 matches = 7.07%

You are on pace for 35 scoreless draws, 6.28% of all matches.

I'm not sure if it is a bug or WAD but i've noticed clubs do some really bizarre decision when releasing players at the end of the season. In my latest game Man United released Cleverley and Fletcher after the first season. Other clubs also released players they would've never released in fm14. Has anyone else noticed weird behaviour like that?

I think I've overwhelmed the match engine a bit by looking to exploit crosses in all situations.

Only gotten a few games into this season so far but here's the table after 8 games, and so far in 13 games in all competitions scored 53 goals.

leaguetable_zpsf5cefbd1.png

Can someone confirm if the following was the same in previous versions, as I find it a bit strange?

I started as Middlesbrough boss when the beta first came out, it was never going to be a long term save, just more of a test one. Anyway, after losing in the playoffs for the 2nd straight season, I decided to resign and look for another job. Coventry hired me, and I'm settling in there. However, I went to the Middlesbrough club page to get a team report to see if any of my old squad would join us on loan, and the entire squad is 'unscouted'. When I go into any of the player profiles, I'm met with all the usual attribute ranges of the players, as if I don't know them. I managed that team for two whole seasons, I know all of these players like the back of my hand, why on earth do I have to fully scout them all again? That makes absolutely no sense.

Anyone know?

I mean, I get that none of my scouts will know these players, but I do. Surely then, I should be able to see all their full attributes? Is this a bug or how it's meant to work?

Possibly mentioned before, but it would be really helpful, for a quick overview

if the scouted players positions was included, in the

scout updates you receive in the news inbox:

2dec5add308de747452550d73cba8d60.png

Thinking more about it; i would also add age to it as well, so we would have position and age added.

I'm playing as Liverpool and obviously Origi is loaned out to Lille, but midway through the season he picked up an injury and Lille moved him to their reserve team while he recovered, except now all his previous stats for the first half of the season have been removed and he's now at 0 apps and 0 goals, when he had played 15+ games and scored a few goals last I checked. I had this same problem on FM14 when I had a player in on loan myself and signed him midway through a season, and when I signed him his first half of the season stats were removed from his 'history' page.

I had this same issue in FM14 as well with a player for my Dortmund team, clearly not been fixed. When I moved a player between the Dortmund II team and the first side this would happen.

A minor issue, but an annoyance nonetheless: Playing as Bayern, have £200m in the bank, £17m transfer budget, and having my scouts tell me that the club "cannot afford" players who would be available for less than £1m :confused:

I noticed this issue with my Real Madrid Save, over £180m in bank. No FFP issues and yet have been assigned a transfer budget of £8.46m and being told I can't pretty much afford nobody. Not very Real Madrid is it? Only 2nd season.

I noticed this issue with my Real Madrid Save, over £180m in bank. No FFP issues and yet have been assigned a transfer budget of £8.46m and being told I can't pretty much afford nobody. Not very Real Madrid is it? Only 2nd season.

Also having a similar issue. Does your board let your shift money between transfer and wage budgets?

i agree with the post regarding the grass and not being able to see the ball, very annoying

Had a little fiddle about with the settings, and it appears that if you have your graphical setting to 'very high', then the pitch does indeed look quite bright. However, setting it to 'medium' seems to give it the optimal look. Have a look at the two screenies below...

Of course, these settings will vary depending on the graphical capabilities of your machine, but the difference is certainly noticeable.

Very High

c1ZbHZH.png

Medium

WUL1aky.png

Any chance of B-team reputation being added to the in game editor? Would be really helpful for long term saves in Germany with clubs with lower reputation, as it seems that the B-team's reputation doesn't change with the first team, and this prevents any chance of the B-team being promoted, even regardless of the quality of the squad.

I actually forgot this analysis thing was there. How goals have been scored over my last 10 games.

HxSkBX6.png

Please can you fix it so there are more goals from crosses in the game please? :rolleyes:

Useless post. Please provide one over the last 50 matches. The ME is clearly bugged. I have a feeling that it has been better before the 15.1.1 patch. I'm conceding a lot of goals from crosses and set pieces, especially corners. I am wondering when SI will fix it because it's a bit unplayable now.

I am wondering whether that the fact that the AI scores almost all their shots ON TARGET means I need a keeper at all?

That was a little bitter, but it seems to me that, apart from my tactics (which I have no doubt do contribute), my keeper's cannot make a save. Shots seem to go through them like a hot knife through butter

I've got to say I prefer the way Scouting was presented in 2014 with a list of all your scouts and their stats for JPA and JPP, now I need to go to the staff section and select each scout profile to decide if I want to keep them or not, was much easier at a glance previously.

Also it would be nice to organise the scout assignment section with a list of scouts and their assignments to the right, so pretty much the opposite of what we have now where it's listed by assignment so the same scout can appear on different lines.

Anyone note the DOF taking his time to get going?

Spread the Staff Responsibilities around and in FM14 my Chairman got in a DOF pretty sharpish and then the DOF filled vacancies like Scouts pretty quickly. He is three weeks into a new job and I still have vacancies so was wondering if people noted the same or maybe the poor fella is still looking!!

Hi mates,

Just need some clarification and confirmation.

Has possession football been toned down for FM2015 or percentage of possession has been calculated differently..? I was watching the match in the 3D match engine in full duration with my high pressing possession based tactic a couple of times. From what i've watched, i'd realize that my team has controlled the match throughout with their short passing and the possession should have been between 70-80% in my team's favour. However, at full time whistle, it shows my team retaining less than 60% possession.

On top of that, i'd realize that even technically gifted AI team, such as Barcelona and Bayern Munich also have problem with possession percentage.

Lastly, is possession in FM2015 League based, ie Liga BBVA seems to have higher possession rate as compared to English Premier League..?

I hope that i've made it clear for everyone to give me sound feedback on the issue at hand.

Thank you.

I scouted a player and was told not enough funds to buy in the scout report yet i had 190k wages available and 10m in the bank?!

I ignored it obviously and went ahead and bought him but the info in the scout reports is a bug

Have you reported it in the bugs forum then?

Hi! I bought FM15 this weekend and played it a lot (like every year).

Some first remarks:

- Side screen bar works great! Except with the in-game tactics you do not see the player's best postion. I had to add it to the view. Everytime I have to change the view.

- I loved the fact that you can persuade a player when they are not interested in moving to your club!

- Love the circles in the tactic screen showing how well a player is fitted for that position/role.

- Scouting is also a lot better. just needs soms updates because if I scout a wonderkid or world class player, they even say they doubt the player and won 't suggest signing him.

- Love the golden start with the black stars in the rating of a player.

However the only thing that really comes back everytime is the match engine. I have a lot of headaches with the engine and it is totally unrealistic.

Some examples:

- I have played 5 premier league matches with Southampton and my keeper has made 5 long kicks while not standing in front of goal but near the cornerflag and shooting it straight to the opposition.

- Sometime my forward striker has escaped the offside trap and will run towards the keeper alone. Just in front of the box, he will slow down and will move very slow. The defender will go faster and will take the ball??

- On one on one situations with the keeper a player will never play around the keeper. Most of the times the player will shoot straight on the keeper.

- 90% of the free kicks will go over the goal in the same way (exactly 2 types of ways). Never in the wall of straight in (when looking from behind the ball)

It is just watching a really weird and unrealistic football game. It really takes all the fun aways.

I hope for a good update soon!

Just thought of something...

Is there a reason why only the English division gets a monthly awards news items? Manager of month, player of month, young player of the month.

Surely this can be EASILY replicated for at lest the top 5 european leagues. I mean with the match engine being so fast paced cross orientated and terrible defending my question is do the SI team only watch the premiership?

As an example the way Serie A is played is much more tactical orientated with slower build up play based on technique and possesion, or a much more compact and counter approach for the more provincial sides, and certainly a lot less fast winger orientated than Premiership.

I mean fine have this style of play for premiership but surely other leagues should have their own feel for how most of the teams in that country plays

Yeah, its because in Spain Italy etc, those awards don't exist, the only other european league i've encountered it in is Portugal

In the existing threads, we haven't had feedback that they have enough examples now, so go wild! PKMs and time of the incidents will be appreciated.

This one is obvious. You dont have to play many games, at the lower levels at least to witness this. They "freeze" and stand still even if they stand on their feet. Reaction time is so slow they dont even react if the ball is at their feet and can be easily picked up.

This one is obvious. You dont have to play many games, at the lower levels at least to witness this. They "freeze" and stand still even if they stand on their feet. Reaction time is so slow they dont even react if the ball is at their feet and can be easily picked up.

So you have many PKMs to upload then! :D

There is too many goals scored, and crosses and corners are overpowered so much it's ridicilous. It seems a cross is a better chance that one on one in this ME. Wing backs are capable of running the whole lenght of a pitch with two defenders around them and still are able to deliver perfect cross time and time again. It drives me insane. Foe example, I'm playing Serie A and Cagliari finished third, only because they have monster wings with great pace. Right winger finished the season with 29 assists! And he's not Cristiano Ronaldo.

Other than that, the game is great!

Everything seems to happen from out wide in this game for me. Making it practically unplayable.

Even the supposed assists from passes in my game are mostly from "second balls from crosses that didn't end in an immediate goal, thus making it a pass".

Player goes wide to a crossing position and then just passes it deep into the box, tussle occurs, various shots and slow reactions from the keeper later = goal.

Players also always seem to prefer to go to the wide man instead of a through pass through the centre. Really frustrating regardless of the tactics.

With FM14 even when there was annoying behaviour at least it looked like players were trying to adhere to the tactics.

The few true one-on-one I get also seem nerfed.

I echo what you say. Wing play seems to be far too effective and playing through the middle only results in forwards missing one v ones. Falcao is lethal when Januzaj or Knopylanka are whipping crosses in to the box, but when one of my midfielder's plays a through ball he constantly shoots wide or at the 'keeper. The most effective tactic I've found involves playing wide, exploiting the flanks, and using pacey inside forwards

So after almost a full season in the second division of Romania, with a team that is a favorite for relegation here are my first thoughts(no pictures included as I'm at work):

- The game is in a very good state. Don't let the moans of people here fool you, it's very playable and enjoyable. There are issues but certainly not to the extend that some people claim. I think it's the best release for years.

- Scorelines seem a bit higher than "normal" but I can't really say since my team lacks a decent goalkeeper and generally is one of the worst in the league. Noticed a lot of goals from long shots which were rare last year!

- Injuries are fine. Never had too many of them together.

- I do like the fact that there are goals scored from rebounds frequently. They are some of the most common goal types irl too.

- Crosses are not so strong in my game. I seem to be more vulnerable to corner kicks and long shots, personally. Can't provide stats currently but I'll do that some time.

- Annoying bug: All info panels that I have in the match screen(League Table, Match Stats, Team Ratings etc) will open after a goal is replayed. Please fix that!

- Scouting is now much harder and much much more important! I like that! :applause:

- Too many back passes lead to corners. I know it happens irl too, but certainly not so often.

That's what I can think of now. All I can say is gj for the release, nothing close to the unplayable mess last year(which became awesome after a couple of patches of course)!

Thought I'd upload a screenshot to show it's not impossible to get normal looking score lines in the Conference North.

I'm Colwyn Bay, possibly the worst playable side in the English Leagues (and I'm fairly average at FM anyway :D).

m9PSQ5d.png

Everything seems to happen from out wide in this game for me. Making it practically unplayable.

Even the supposed assists from passes in my game are mostly from "second balls from crosses that didn't end in an immediate goal, thus making it a pass".

Player goes wide to a crossing position and then just passes it deep into the box, tussle occurs, various shots and slow reactions from the keeper later = goal.

Players also always seem to prefer to go to the wide man instead of a through pass through the centre. Really frustrating regardless of the tactics.

With FM14 even when there was annoying behaviour at least it looked like players were trying to adhere to the tactics.

The few true one-on-one I get also seem nerfed.

I second this.

The state of the game this year is deeply concerning.

I think I've overwhelmed the match engine a bit by looking to exploit crosses in all situations.

Only gotten a few games into this season so far but here's the table after 8 games, and so far in 13 games in all competitions scored 53 goals.

leaguetable_zpsf5cefbd1.png

Out of interest may I know how did you do that exactly?

I really like the game. First time i played since FM10 and i think the game improved alot.

Few things:

1.I think Board promises should be reevaluated. This 10 Points in 5 Games is annoying. Also some strange things can happen.

The board ask me to challenge for the title, after a bad run i dropped to 4th position in the beginning of the season (4 points off the leader), the board ask me to make 10 points in 5 Games.

I made 8.

Other teams made less and i managed to lead the table after the last of the 5 game span, nevertheless the board sacked me.

On top of that, the board confidence still said before the sacking, that they are satisfied with me.

Overall, "win next game" would be more realistic, i don't think boards dish out that many ultimata IRL.

2. Two days after i won the league for the first time, the whole squad got angry because i didn't want my very best player to leave.

While i do understand his wish to play for a bigger club, i think the timing could be better. It was his first season at my club, he could have waited till the transfer windows opens.

Now the whole squad dislikes me even though we won the league for the first time against superior opponents just two days ago.

Well to me it seems that you are playing another game Sanel. How can we possibly know what Hoekschop is? :p

It's Dutch ;) means corner. Over the last 50 matches 24 goals are scored out of a corner. So every two matches at least one goal out of a corner, seems a bit strange to me. I already tried training on defending set pieces for a couple of months but it doesn't really work. It's quite annoying because you keep conceding and I want to have stable results.

Crossing is overpowered as well on my side, as for the AI. But it doesn't really bother me because I play with wingers. 442 diamond. It's more the set pieces.

What I miss most is Fixtures quick link like button on upper custom buttons-menu on FM14.

Have you menage how to get quick league fixtures (current week) link ? keyboard shortcut ?

p.s. this upper custom buttons menu on FM14 whas a great addon, it's a pity that its gone now

Last 50 matches I've conceded 5 goals from corners.

I've set it up like this

FB: Mark far post

CB: Mark tall

CB: Mark tall

FB: Mark near post

DM: Zonal 6 yard box

MC: Zonal 6 yard box

MC: Zonal 6 yard box

IF: Close down corner

Ra: Zonal 6 yard box

SC: Forward

That said, you might just be conceding a whole lot more corners than I do.

SI could you read my feedback :

The game is very good but some bugs still exist.

When conducting the score, why the opposing team always gets 2 or 3 goals to end the game. We lead 4-0 at halftime and lost 5-4 in the late match.

It has too many goals from corners and it's always the same. The player takes the corner at the near post and another player takes the ball head and scores a goal.

So I've been promoted with Norwich, top of the league, undefeated and got very lucky with draws and managed to win the Carling Cup, putting me into Europe.

My board want me to finish in the top half of the Premiership, which is entirely unrealistic.

Whereas going the entire 46-game season unbeaten with Norwich City is entirely realistic, right? :p

After pretty much a full season on the full game im quite happy. Wide play is obviously a bit over powered right now, it seems to be the only place on the pitch where there is space and if you double up on the wings you will hardly lose. I play with two inside forwards and two attacking wing backs and it can destroy teams, the AI never learns to cope with it. Near post corners can be a pain as well, but if you set up a player to zonally mark the six yard box he seems to cut out a lot of the easy ones. I do create some chances through the middle, but they are missed far more often than not. There are also quite a few wonder volleys happen, but i can live with that.

UI wise im still not sold on the new tactics screen, its so fiddly and its really really annoying if you are trying to change the role of a player but it doesnt change until you click on support or attack duty, and its very easy to end up picking the wrong role constantly. That and the drop down menus. I play on a lap top track pad which means you dont always go in a straight line and the amount of times those bloody drop downs disappear when your trying to get to things like scout a player for a few months is so infuriating. Surely a drop down that sticks would be a far better option? I personally cannot use the "headlines" bit in the news section anymore, it gives you a headache if you look at it for too long, the colours are completely un-needed and make things look really cheap.

Not bad overall, for some reason i expected this one to be a bit better considering how much went into the ME change wise last year.

I scouted a player and was told not enough funds to buy in the scout report yet i had 190k wages available and 10m in the bank?!

I ignored it obviously and went ahead and bought him but the info in the scout reports is a bug

Yeah I started a thread about that exact issue in the scouting bugs forum and the reply I got was that they were monitoring the feedback on the new scouting system and the advice of the scouts. So it would be a good idea to report it. I believe that they should do something about that message, so the more people report the issue, the more they might feel inclined to work on it. If that makes sense.

Just to add my data to the various ongoing discussions, given that there's various people claiming things are/aren't happening

fNvoOpi.png

I play with wingers and a target man. 42% scored from crosses, 33% conceded.

The biggest result in the Premier League- a division I'm not involved with- is 4-0, which has come up a few times- Man U vs Swansea, Chelsea vs. Palace, Everton vs. Burnley and Burnley vs. Arsenal. In each case, the bigger side won, and I don't think any of that is unthinkable.

In my division, League One, 6 is the highest any team has scored in a game, and that hasn't happened often at all- in every case, they also conceded at least one. The biggest margin of victory across all four divisions is 5-0, which has happened twice- one of which was my team.

There have been thirteen 0-0 draws out of 207 games played so far, which feels low to me, although I don't know how this tallies with reality.

So far in League One this season there has been 187 games with 16 0-0 draws. So slightly below real life but I wouldn't say it is massively below.

After pretty much a full season on the full game im quite happy. Wide play is obviously a bit over powered right now, it seems to be the only place on the pitch where there is space and if you double up on the wings you will hardly lose. I play with two inside forwards and two attacking wing backs and it can destroy teams, the AI never learns to cope with it.

Yeah I thought that too. Until I got into my second season, then it completely collapsed and had to figure out a new strategy. Hope you have more luck.

Archived