Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

No patch today then, still waiting to get a game started 4 days after release plus the 14 days of the beta, I understand it takes time and I understand the process as I beta tested from 09 to 13 for SI but I thought this year might be a bit different not having to wait months for a version that we can get a save going on without ME bugs that do stop people from playing.

I mean how can you start a serious save when you can't stop people from crossing and scoring it is pointless, I have to congratulate SI on all the other aspects of the game the UI took a while to get used to but is growing on me especially the tactics screen, the animations in the ME are a remarkable step forward from when I started testing the very first ME so hats off to Paul C and the team on that, the scouting is much better and easier to understand and make decisions on buying players with pros and cons.

I know Paul C will be working flat out to resolve the issues in the ME but with the nature of testing fixing one thing usually has a knock on effect else where so even after the next update I am not sure it will be fixed to a playable level like we usually get in March, a shame really as this years game could be the best yet.

Keeping faith. I am struggling to start at the moment too

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that perhaps beta could start with 1 month prior to the release, so that SI could have more time to polish some parts of the game that right now are not as they should be.

I argue that if beta was out on 7 Oct we would now have had a slightly more polished ME.

• Administrators

Hotfix released, details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/407139-Football-Manager-2015-Hotfix-update-15.1.3-released

Please don't ask for the changelist in this thread, it's included there and yes, there has been updates to the match engine. Thanks.

Patching right now.

Just wanted to say that I feel the issues the ME has right now don't feel at all gamebreaking for me and this game is in no way "unplayable". People are so quick to forget previous MEs, comparing the ME from this game to FM 14 or FM 13 would make you see the difference. Maybe it's just me but I treat FM every year as a beta game, mostly because people at SI keep listening and implementing new ideas. The way I see it, FM was always just one game with different versions, evolving and trying to get better ; that's how I'll always see it and I have no problem in paying 30 pounds to support that. It's not like we have any other game to turn to, so maybe support the ones that actually try to make a game for us

I agree that perhaps beta could start with 1 month prior to the release, so that SI could have more time to polish some parts of the game that right now are not as they should be.

I argue that if beta was out on 7 Oct we would now have had a slightly more polished ME.

Not that the thread needs it, but the BETA has run for much longer than the 2 weeks we have had it for. You could have had access to the BETA six months ago and it still might not be better than it is

You dont have anything else running at the same time do you?

What constitutes a top end MAC in terms of specs? Sorry i have next to no idea whats inside a mac.

Might be worth posting a thread in the bugs forum with your set up for them to check. Could be a MAC related thing only.

Seems like it was, patch note from today

Optimised processing performance on certain Mac hardware

Don't see point to report, cos it seems like no one done proper research and update about Latvia at all. Clubs missing information, old information, etc. Someone should do it properly.

Plus I can get license from Latvian League for SI

Non-sense Players's reactions when I sell a player a really annoying !

Players are unhappy, saying that they're worrying about club's future :

Even if you've selled the worst player of your team that has never played !

even if you have bought a really greatest player than the one you selled but BEFORE selling him !

Are the players so stupid ? can't they count recruits and departures, and see if manager have made the team improves ?

Do I need to recruit people only after selling some ?? that is a non -sense !!!!

I juste bought 4 young future cracks, and selled 2 of my worst U19 team potentials... 3 of my first team are unhappy, saying that I didn't enforce my team !!! :confused:

I think that's something great that players are unhappy if I sell, a 1st team player, or a young crack, and that I do not replace them...

in other cases, that's really boring !

You buy Leo Messi, then you sell your worst young player... your team is unhappy because "you did not improve the team" :lol::lol::lol:

I've loaded my game back with an old savegame... and say no to the offer I had for this player.

2 players are unhappy because I do not let him go ... and these are the same players that says they are unhappy if I let him leave...

Does anybody know what I have to do with thi offer, in order to keep my team smilling ?

Whoever thought this would look better than this

24fda49.pngqpmo3n.png

Please bring the FM14 tactics pitch back.

I second that.

Biggest mistake of the year. The sidebar is a good addition, it requires adaptation, but it has its purpose. The tactics screen is simply bad. It doesn't bring anything better to the picture, yet it makes things much, much harder.

Don't see point to report, cos it seems like no one done proper research and update about Latvia at all. Clubs missing information, old information, etc. Someone should do it properly.

Maybe there isn't a Latvian researcher, maybe you'd like to volunteer for the job, how can data be corrected if you don't point out what's wrong?

I second that.

Biggest mistake of the year. The sidebar is a good addition, it requires adaptation, but it has its purpose. The tactics screen is simply bad. It doesn't bring anything better to the picture, yet it makes things much, much harder.

Yeah, I do wish I could be more constructive but it doesn't add anything and just makes tactical selection more awkward. SI must have their reasons for the change but right now, I just can't see any benefit in it.

There is a partial changelist and that's all there will be, at least at this stage.

Any further queries on it will be deleted as they pointlessly use up space.

If you want to know if something was fixed try it. thanks.

New patch, nice, going to try it right now!

Btw, why not to have a new thread for every new patch (closing the old one to avoid cross posting) instead of renaming the old one?

If you have not been following this thread hour by hour, it's confusing and a waste of time to read pages and pages of old stuff discussed and probably outdated after a new patch is out.

• SI Staff

If you don't report anything, how do we know its wrong?

If you wish to help with collating the Latvian data then please get in touch.

I'm still noticing the "wants first team football" issue.

Basically this is what has happened with Van Persie and Rooney;

Van Persie arrives late from holiday so obviously he's not fit, he gets a game in the third game of the season coming on as a sub and scoring.

He then proceeds to injure himself in an U21 match where he's building up his fitness. Out for 4 weeks, he misses a full month + add ons for recovery to become match fit again. His injury was the 1st September, he finally gets back on the team sheet (fit enough) as a sub in November.

He's then rotated one on, one off with Rooney (I play a 1 striker system), so he's playing every other match because, given his age even though he's match fit his condition can drop severely, usually to 90% so it makes sense that one plays one game, then switch to the other. Though he compounds issues for himself by getting injured in two or three games, that results in him being subbed and usually not fit enough to start the following game.

In the meantime, Rooney was a regular starter, but now Van Persie is fit and in better form, he's been relegated to second choice but is still playing the majority of matches. He gets himself injured in a match (gashed leg) so misses two games, one injured, one unselected cos he's not fit, the third game he's put on the bench, comes on and destroys the opposition.

Problem is; VP came to me after his 4 week injury bemoaning his lack of chances, what can I do about it? He's injured, not match fit, what does he expect?

Now, Rooney is 'considering' complaining about the issue, because he's missed a few games off with injury and lack of fitness. It's annoying.

Over the last 20 matches in total: Van Persie has played 13 (5 not selected as match condition is low, only once did he get to be an unpicked sub. TWICE in that period he's been injured in matches having a knock on effect on his fitness), Rooney 11 (5 not selected as match condition is low, 3 unused sub, ONE 'injured' and thus one for non-match fit)

My thinking is, the player is thinking in this way;

"Injured" "I'm fit, I should be playing now."

When it should be;

"Injured", "I'm recovering fitness", "Now I should be playing"

There's not enough of the downtime taken into consideration, Van Persie is the best example, whinging after he's been out four weeks and taking so long to get fit again that he can't honestly expect me to sacrifice fitter, stronger, in-form players over him when he's hovering over 70-80% match fitness.

But one of the options when they talk to you is to say "You're not match fit yet" or "you're just coming back from an injury".

While it's reasonable to expect them to always say "good point boss", and it's equally reasonable for them not to get upset or annoyed in the first place... if you imagine it as real instead of a game: they're footballers. They want to play football. In fact, they should be annoyed. Perhaps they think they're fitter than they actually are (and on this topic: I right now am recovering from a bout of sinusitis. To be honest I think I should be feeling better than I am right now and just got really frustrated at getting out of breath running up the stairs - it isn't reasonable of me, but it's still there!). That leads into: perhaps they're just frustrated at being injured and not feeling especially reasonable right now.

Whatever the case, reasonably, when you tell them they're not ready yet, they should probably put their hands up and say fair dos! Was just frustrated, boss. I'll work on getting my fitness back!

But to be realistic, sometimes... people aren't reasonable. ;) So they shouldn't always do that, either!

Few annoying issues with new FM:

- I cant acces a game screen from leagues different than the one im playing in. For exaple when playing Barnsley in League One checking notes from other leagues in immpossible to be checeked via copmetition screen. Everytime it has to be done by accesing a team profile page.

-In previous versions of the game on the competition page apart from score and scorers you could also find an information about attendace.You cant do it in FM15. Why?

Why is it that everytime when SI do something usefull they take it away and introduce something completely pointless like screen where you can see all competiotions your team is in.

Why change something which is good and means no extra effort to them?

I understand that that both above are just a minor issues but it really annoys me that you cant get used to enything in the game.

Is it really that hard?

Maybe there isn't a Latvian researcher, maybe you'd like to volunteer for the job, how can data be corrected if you don't point out what's wrong?

It's hard to find what is right. :rolleyes: And I posted some updates. But to fix all - it would take some time.

Played a few games on the update. Defending certainly seems a bit tighter so far.

Players in AML/AMR positions seem to do a bit more aswell. In my first game i actually had an instance where the AML tracked back and then stayed in the lb position when my wing back was caught up the field.

A first feedback of the ME:

- the build up is really nice, various and quite realistic, but...

- defending is ridicolous

- long shooting is ridicolous (both under a frequency point of view and an accuracy point of view)

- goolkeeping is quite bad, expecially against long shoots

- set pieces are too effective as usually

- all the above result in unrealistic scores...

Overall, a 6+ vote for the current ME version...

Well I've only played one game since the update, but...MASSIVE improvement from what I have seen so far. Great variety in attacking play, solid defending, much better goalkeeping and...NOWHERE NEAR AS MANY CROSSES. It's only one game, but that was one of the most realistic I've ever seen. Genuinely impressed.

Just please don't stuff it up.

Archived