Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

The keepers still take way to long to get up after a save so they can't react to rebounds very often. Don't have the time to go down the whole thread, but my question is whether it is picked up by the developpers. When not, can upload some pkm's when needed.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It doesn't really say anything to be fair.

People are having a lot of goals from crosses, you showing a screen saying it is not a problem in your game proves nothing, it could just be the way your tactics are set up.

Could be, you're right. Except I play with two wingers, with an 'exploit the flanks' instruction.

In fairness though, my wingers' crossing has been abysmal so far. Completed only 12% of them in my last match. Need to work on that.

The keepers still take way to long to get up after a save so they can't react to rebounds very often. Don't have the time to go down the whole thread, but my question is whether it is picked up by the developpers. When not, can upload some pkm's when needed.

In the existing threads, we haven't had feedback that they have enough examples now, so go wild! PKMs and time of the incidents will be appreciated.

Keeper saved it so was static. He spent too long on the floor as the ball trickled back towards the striker who didn't leap upon the rebound and then was cleared by my defender. I'd have been annoyed if I was attacking or defending.

Then, by all means, report it with the PKM! The striker is allowed to touch the ball after the keeper did.

Could be, you're right. Except I play with two wingers, with an 'exploit the flanks' instruction.

In fairness though, my wingers' crossing has been abysmal so far. Completed only 12% of them in my last match. Need to work on that.

Like I said when so many people post they are having too many goals from crossing it could very well be a problem and they need to upload pkms so SI can work on it.

Posting a screenshot of how your game is panning out proves nothing except you are not seeing it in your game, it hardly states that the other posters are wrong and you are right.

You clearly failed to spot the humour in the post.

I seen the sarcastic humour in the post, it was to say you are not having so many goals from crosses and SI should improve it, at the same time as having a little dig at people posting they are having too many goals from crosses.

Don't worry your humour came across loud and clear.

I followed this forum since a few weeks now, especially since beta went live.

Regarding the FM15 in its actual state which you definetly are not to blame for i must say you guys do a great job!

You show great patience and make polite answers all the time, even when answering the same question for the 1 billioned time.

I hope you dont take any personal damage for sitting in the line of fire between us frustrated users and SI.

Keep up the good work!

Regards

Everything seems to happen from out wide in this game for me. Making it practically unplayable.

Even the supposed assists from passes in my game are mostly from "second balls from crosses that didn't end in an immediate goal, thus making it a pass".

Player goes wide to a crossing position and then just passes it deep into the box, tussle occurs, various shots and slow reactions from the keeper later = goal.

Players also always seem to prefer to go to the wide man instead of a through pass through the centre. Really frustrating regardless of the tactics.

With FM14 even when there was annoying behaviour at least it looked like players were trying to adhere to the tactics.

The few true one-on-one I get also seem nerfed.

I actually forgot this analysis thing was there. How goals have been scored over my last 10 games.

HxSkBX6.png

Please can you fix it so there are more goals from crosses in the game please? :rolleyes:

Which proves nothing. Ask your Ass Man to provide you with a report about all the other teams in the league, and then we can argue if the percentage of crosses is or is not too high.

So I've been promoted with Norwich, top of the league, undefeated and got very lucky with draws and managed to win the Carling Cup, putting me into Europe.

My board want me to finish in the top half of the Premiership, which is entirely unrealistic. Still, I'm up for the challenge, and hope if I'm not too far off I won't be sacked.

What is more worrying is I can't seem to sign players. Transfer listed players from other Premiership sides don't want to join me on loan and ask for stupid figures. Is this right? Perhaps even more difficult to understand is that I can't sell players either. I've got three players transfer listed and no one will bid for them.

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm playing Football Manager Classic, to be specific.

Guest El Payaso

I would like to add to my last message that I'm really not 'realism all the way'-kind of player but for me FM 14 and 15 have been poor because there just hasn't been proper balance between attack and defence. If you look attacking type of players, they are controlling the ball well enough (no bad dribbling attemps or bad first touches etc.) no matter what their attributes are and on the other hand hand I haven't seen anything creative happen in the ME for a long time. Im FM 14 I remember having Ian Ross in my Boston United and I played him as advanced playmaker because of his superior passing and creativity (it was in beta version) and he was absolutely fantastic playing as MC, he used to throw all kinds of passes for my attacking players and played the way I wanted. After the updates creativity was gone once again. In FM 15 I brought Álvaro Tierno to my Oviedo club and he isn't doing anything even though he has the vision and passing ability and I have given him the freedom to do things. The attacking play generally is too much about that 'look at me I can run with the ball'-thing, the real aspect of football being a game of intelligence is badly missing.

And when you compare defensive players to these attacking players: the physical side of defending is still completely missing. Look at players like Nathaniel Clyne, Branislav Ivanovic and Cesar Azpiliqueta, if a winger tries to dribble against them they're more than likely to be just pushed away from the ball and that kind of defensive play is the thing that benefits your team most as they are able to regain possession and turn the gravity of the game around.

I already mentioned the penalty area. Since when it has been a place where you can just make the first touch freely and wait for 1-2 seconds to take a shot or even dribble for a little while? And when the cross comes in, why is the attacking player the one who anticipates and makes the right move even when the defensive players have better attributes?

Generally you see defending players doing silly things and if they want to balance this engine and these defending errors still are there, then attacking players should start making really bad first touches and bad dribbling attempts regularly IMO. Now it is balanced with bad quality of finishing so that the games wouldn't have something like 30 goals per game.

So can anyone think of any reason why save games can't be left uncompressed now? I mean, I'd understand setting it to compressed as the default option, but there was always the option to turn compression off. The only reason I can think of is to thwart save game editors that require uncompressed saves, but I haven't seen any of those for a good few years now. Or does this go with the new tactics screen on the "fixin' what ain't broke" pile?

Hi,

Posted this in the Arsenal thread and was kindly redirected here. In my Arsenal save, I find that my entire team is very, very slow in getting to the ball first. If the opposition striker takes a shot and my keeper saves, more often that not, the opposition are quicker to the rebound and tend to score. This isn't a coincidence as I've conceded atleast 8-9 goals by January in that manner. Any suggestions?

Also, having a lot of trouble with conceding goals at the near post. My defenders always seem to lose their man at the near post. Its ridiculous.

Infact, most of the goals I've had against me have been a combination of the above two factors.

Is this a glitch or am I just doing something wrong with my tactics?

Thanks!

I share the impressions and thoughts of El Payaso regarding what happens in the ME. Even if I think that the lack of creative passing is mostly due to bad off the ball movements.

The result is the same though, I hardly see any plays built that resemble real football.

Hi all, so I am going to leave a little bit of feedback. Not going to mention any UI or Match Engine bugs as I have posted a few messages in the bugs forum. Have not had a reply to any however I am happy to supply save game etc if I get a response. Hopefully all the bugs I have reported are being looked into etc.

So Overall great game as usual. I guess the reason there is so much criticism constructive or otherwise it is because we all love the game so much and want to see it be the best possible version.

UI

Anyway UI in general I really like. I do not like the Tactic/Team Selection screen. This for me and I think a lot of other users is completely un-usable. I now pick my team from the squad screen which makes the team selestion screen almost completely redundant with the exception of creating tactics.

I am very happy that now when you assign individual player instructions that they are independant depending on which formation you are using. For example I have an attacking 433 and a counter-attacking 433 formation and like that mu left-back can be set to a complete wingback on the attacking version but is a fullback automatic in my counter verion.

I really like side-bar although I think this should be customizable. So there should be the option to add/remove certain links. Colour should be customizable to either default (as it is currently where it depends on team colours) or customized where user can change the colour or at least have the option for a black/white setting. Also and this is really the main one the sidebar should have the ability to be minized so that only the icons are show, after a while we get used to the meaning of the icons and there is no need for the text which would give more space for extra info.

The Tactics screen although I don't use but I think a compromise can be made (already has with the ability to select/deselect using right click) and that is the ability to miniize the player roles column so that instead of it saying deep-lying playmaker it is abbreviated to DLP-S/D etc. Again this along with a collapsable sidebar would go a long way in being able to fit more information onto the team selection area and I know this would make me move back to using this screen for team selections.

Scouting screen in general is great although I would personally change the order of the columns and have the shortlist page be displayed first and then all known players, scouted players etc. This would help with lots of users who may have a large number of players scouted and help with the amount of time it takes to acces the scouting area. At the moment the more players you are aware of the longer it takes to load the scouting pages.

I would also love there to be a button on top of the team selection and squad screens that deselects all players. It is painstaking before every game for me to use the drop down menu next to quick-pick button in order to deselect the whole team. I like many I suspect like to deselect everyone and start from a fresh pallet everytime it comes to picking new players.

Match Engine

Animations and the whole match day feel looks fantastic. keep it up

Well thats my feedback. I didnt want to go into detail about any bugs I have come across as like I mentioned I have reported all of them in the bugs area and I hope they will be fixed. Some of them I feel are pretty urgent such as board not recognising the fact that every game half my first team is 22yo and younger and giving me a 0% under the give youth a chance philosophy which I fear may end up getting me sacked!!!

There isn't much else to say and Kriss has been very friendly toward you. If you continue being rude, we're going to call you banned. You've been helpful by providing PKMs etc and all we can say is thank you for taking the time do it. If you're unhappy right now, all we ask is to be patient. :)

okay, thanks. :(

I'm playing as Liverpool and obviously Origi is loaned out to Lille, but midway through the season he picked up an injury and Lille moved him to their reserve team while he recovered, except now all his previous stats for the first half of the season have been removed and he's now at 0 apps and 0 goals, when he had played 15+ games and scored a few goals last I checked. I had this same problem on FM14 when I had a player in on loan myself and signed him midway through a season, and when I signed him his first half of the season stats were removed from his 'history' page.

And this further illustrates the difficulty for SI in dealing with this issue.

I know. I keep hearing people talk about bazillions of free kick goals and yet I don't see that.

It took about 30 games until I saw one go in, and after 15 games the most a single team scored was 3.

I'm genuinely confused as to how such things can happen on the same engine.

I know. I keep hearing people talk about bazillions of free kick goals and yet I don't see that.

It took about 30 games until I saw one go in, and after 15 games the most a single team scored was 3.

I'm genuinely confused as to how such things can happen on the same engine.

I saw quite a few DFK goals in the first build of the beta. Since the last update, I've not seen a single one.

Have played a couple more games and a few things I have noticed.

***In game if you tinker with your tactic but want to then go back to your starting tactic seems to be a bit difficult as it doesn't seem to show up on the tactics screen. Say you are using Diamond V1 and make some changes. You can't just go back to Diamond V1 on the drop down and if you go to manage tactics it isn't in the first slot so you have to go to import. So it seems to get back to your starting tactic you have to change to another then go to import and go from there. Out of the match screen you can just choose Diamond 1 from the dropdown menu as it appears at the top, in match it doesn't.

***Re Tactics. I don't see a way to create a tactic from scratch? If you click "create new tactic" it just gives you the dropdown menu of ready made tactics. Am I missing something here?

***Too many parries from keepers going straight to forwards. Just had a 3-3 draw and four goals were from parries. Two to be fair could be considered life like as one was from a cross shot pushed wide and a striker was well placed and another looked like the shot was too hot to handle but the other two were extremely poor goalkeeping.

***Crosses seem fine, in fact they are great, and I expect that the complaints of a lot of goals from crosses are in fact due to poor goalkeeping behaviour as keepers seem possibly poorly placed or that's my opinion.

NB.... I hope that we don't moan too much about "too many goals" because the knock on effect will probably end up as "too few goals" and "strikers not scoring" as it ended up in FM14. I'd rather too many than too few!!!!!

Guest El Payaso

I'm going to continue again. That video is only following Mangala's performance against Chelsea in the Premier league but I think that it is a decent example of what the FM's engine is completely missing: the physical side of football. It is impossible to create a 'realistic' match engine when that vital part of the real game is completely missing. So then the aim should be to make it as balanced as possible (defending equally good compared to attacking). Maybe even make the defending dat bit better in terms of quality just to make harder to exploit the engine regularly... I remember FM 13 and time was maybe just before christmas; absolutely fantastic update it was. It was actually hard to get strikers score regularly in the game and many users kept moaning about that in the forums. I tweaked my tactics with good old sliders and had my Getafe strikers score really decent and 'realistic' amounts. Messi and Ronaldo obviously were better like they always should be but I think that I had boy called Álvaro up front (not sure though). He scored maybe like 20 goals in La Liga and 7-8 in Europe league. Struggled to get him the opportunities but it felt so right as the boy had the right attributes and it was mainly like: he gets a good chance and he scores, because he had the qualities to do so. Compare it to FM 14 or 15: really easy to create those chances for any half decent striker and no matter what the attributes are most of the chances go for begging and still they score even unrealistic amounts because they get loads of chances no matter what team you play with. Doesn't matter whether you lack creativity or your wingers are technically poor, they still are able to produce those chances...

The point in this message is that with that Getafe team I didn't expect us to create that many chances against anyone at any league because I was relying mostly on my defence and I didn't have superior individuals compared to any team I was battling in Europe or in Spain. And that was how it went: creating fairly few chances (Álvaro was good but not exceptional so that he would be that good that he would always be playable for his team-mates) and converting most of them because the boy had the ability to finish.

When I come to my current FM 15 save with Oviedo. Newly promoted squad (ranked 9th in the Adelante) and playing with highly defensive tactic (4-4-1-1 mostly countering) and having no exceptional attacking talent anywhere in the pitch (only one good dribbler in form of Jairo and one creative player in Álvaro Tierno). What I would expect is that I wouldn't create huge amount of chances (because of the quality and style of play in my team) and that my striker Diego Cervero (brilliant penalty area player for this level) would convert most of the chances he gets.

The difference is that my Oviedo team is ripping most of the opponents apart even though we shouldn't have the quality or style of play to do so. Cervero gets like 4-5 at least decent chances each game and he isn't burying them (if he was he would get something like 100 goals per season?).

It is really hard to enjoy the game when it goes that differently compared to 'how it should go for my team.' It really doesn't feel like it is my team playing the way I am telling them and what they are capable of doing and what they certainly shouldn't be capable of...

I'm going to continue again. That video is only following Mangala's performance against Chelsea in the Premier league but I think that it is a decent example of what the FM's engine is completely missing: the physical side of football. It is impossible to create a 'realistic' match engine when that vital part of the real game is completely missing. So then the aim should be to make it as balanced as possible (defending equally good compared to attacking). Maybe even make the defending dat bit better in terms of quality just to make harder to exploit the engine regularly... I remember FM 13 and time was maybe just before christmas; absolutely fantastic update it was. It was actually hard to get strikers score regularly in the game and many users kept moaning about that in the forums. I tweaked my tactics with good old sliders and had my Getafe strikers score really decent and 'realistic' amounts. Messi and Ronaldo obviously were better like they always should be but I think that I had boy called Álvaro up front (not sure though). He scored maybe like 20 goals in La Liga and 7-8 in Europe league. Struggled to get him the opportunities but it felt so right as the boy had the right attributes and it was mainly like: he gets a good chance and he scores, because he had the qualities to do so. Compare it to FM 14 or 15: really easy to create those chances for any half decent striker and no matter what the attributes are most of the chances go for begging and still they score even unrealistic amounts because they get loads of chances no matter what team you play with. Doesn't matter whether you lack creativity or your wingers are technically poor, they still are able to produce those chances...

Don't take this the wrong way but take a look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph It will make sure people can even be bothered to read your posts :)

Just to add my data to the various ongoing discussions, given that there's various people claiming things are/aren't happening

fNvoOpi.png

I play with wingers and a target man. 42% scored from crosses, 33% conceded.

The biggest result in the Premier League- a division I'm not involved with- is 4-0, which has come up a few times- Man U vs Swansea, Chelsea vs. Palace, Everton vs. Burnley and Burnley vs. Arsenal. In each case, the bigger side won, and I don't think any of that is unthinkable.

In my division, League One, 6 is the highest any team has scored in a game, and that hasn't happened often at all- in every case, they also conceded at least one. The biggest margin of victory across all four divisions is 5-0, which has happened twice- one of which was my team.

There have been thirteen 0-0 draws out of 207 games played so far, which feels low to me, although I don't know how this tallies with reality.

One season down and I must say I am extremely impressed with this years effort. Yes it's not perfect but it's a damn sight more stable match engine than the early versions of FM14.

Couple of constructive areas for improvement for me are: there seems to be no visual difference between a quick player (i.e pace 16 acc 16) compared with the full back (pace 12 acc 13) therefore although crosses are effective, I'd really like to see wingers outpacing the full backs a little bit more.

As with 99% of the population it appears on this thread - the tactics screen was much better on FM14.

But all in all very happy with the product. Thanks SI.

I simulated one season in Saudi Arabia for the top three tiers, just to see how things would look like at the end of the year.

In all three leagues (50 teams) there were only 2 (!!!) teams who failed to score 2 games in a row. Really doesn't look like a realistic thing to me. A look at the "scoring streak" showed results like ~25 games in row with at least scoring one goal for many teams, regardless of their ranking in the table. So yeah, probably another example for the problems of too high results in lower leagues.

I agree with this. Its either a problem or there is a way I haven't discovered. Other people's views?

Only way to make it quicker is to ask an assistant initially and then correct to what you want

I'm behind in reading the thread, so apologies if this has been covered, but this is an important thing for me and I hope an update can tweak it.

Just to add my data to the various ongoing discussions, given that there's various people claiming things are/aren't happening

I play with wingers and a target man. 42% scored from crosses, 33% conceded.

The biggest result in the Premier League- a division I'm not involved with- is 4-0, which has come up a few times- Man U vs Swansea, Chelsea vs. Palace, Everton vs. Burnley and Burnley vs. Arsenal. In each case, the bigger side won, and I don't think any of that is unthinkable.

In my division, League One, 6 is the highest any team has scored in a game, and that hasn't happened often at all- in every case, they also conceded at least one. The biggest margin of victory across all four divisions is 5-0, which has happened twice- one of which was my team.

There have been thirteen 0-0 draws out of 207 games played so far, which feels low to me, although I don't know how this tallies with reality.

There is nothing more annoying than people posting that XYZ doesn't happen in MY game therefore it obviously isn't a problem when hundreds of people say it is.

I haven't seen the excessive injuries problem that some people are experiencing but I would never say that it doesn't exist.

FYI the mods have cofirmed umpteen times that the high scoring is mostly a lower league problem. No, Premier League or even League 1 for that matter is not lower league.

There is nothing more annoying than people posting that XYZ doesn't happen in MY game therefore it obviously isn't a problem when hundreds of people say it is.

I haven't seen the excessive injuries problem that some people are experiencing but I would never say that it doesn't exist.

FYI the mods have cofirmed umpteen times that the high scoring is mostly a lower league problem. No, Premier League or even League 1 for that matter is not lower league.

Well, it's a damned good job I didn't say anything like that then, because I agree, that would be annoying. I presented that data, from my game, without any personal comment on anyone else's saves or whether I personally thought problems existed or not.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=339625587

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=339176055

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=339625673

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=339625729

Screenhots showing pitch colour is fine and not bright as hell.

20% cross completion.

Only 5 crosses were complete in a 0-9 win.

Majority of shots all central and very few from wide.

Using reputation to decide which teams get promoted from unplayable divisions really needs to be improved on. In real life "big" teams relegated are far from certainties to come back up, for example in the game Hereford comes up 99% of the time, but in real life are currently closer to being relegated to tier 8 than coming up to tier 6. Needs to be a lot more randomness in what teams come up (and/or Hereford shouldn't have been given a reputation over 25% higher than the next team in their league and nearly 50% higher than the third team).

I'll ask again because I have't seen a reply but a couple of posters hitting on the same problem. Ever since the day after the upgrade from the beta there seems to be an incredibly long lag between clicking on things and then becoming active. E.g. I'll click on continue and it won't recognize for ten plus seconds until I click again. Plus the game screen flickers like crazy the second I click to start it up. I've cleared the game cache in game and verified its integrity through steam but no improvement. I'm using the same computer so it's not a performance issue. Any ideas? I played the whole beta and the first day of release with no problems like this.

Screenhots showing pitch colour is fine and not bright as hell.

This is an interesting criticism I've seen from a few users now. In FM14, I had to install a pitch mod to alleviate this very problem, but I have to say, the pitches and the lighting on this version has been absolutely spot on so far.

It amazes me how the same game can have such a wide chasm in terms of users experiences. It really does feel as though people are playing different versions, although clearly that's not really possible.

I have to agree somewhat with the injury bug. Its not the amount of injuries but the severity of them. In fact in my last 3 games I have had to substitute 2 players in the first 20 mins of the game, and then had 2 more take knocks but able to carry on later in the game. My tactics are controlled possession with no specific closing down instructions. My training is all on average/medium. I have 5 physios with at least 16 rating. I only start players who are at least 94% match fit and condition

I have noticed that although the match report says the injuries were caused by collisions, the physio report after the match is telling me they pulled up while running and are hamstring injuries???!

Its almost like the game knows how many injuries a team should have and is too quick to injure players to meet the percentage.

Think I have found a work permit bug.

I had atsu on a season loan from Chelsea. I then agreed a fee in the January on deadline day. He failed work permit, he then appealed and rejected again but I still signed him. Despite it saying he couldn't play etc.

I look at my squad and he is available and no issues

Short feedback after playing the real game for some hours now.

1. It seems like a stable game. More stable than usual at this stage. But the ME needs work. It has been written so many times already what's wrong with the ME so I don't have to go into details. The ME needs serious work, but it's still a good review that everything else in the game seem to be working good.

2. My only complaint/suggestion is that after I've hit continue the game won't take me to the inbox anymore. And when I click to go to the inbox it doesn't open the first unread message, instead it opens the last read message. Can this be changed in any way so that it's more like before?

Archived